Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Spring melt garbage - That time of the year again

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    I sent an inquiry to my councillor asking about a major street in the west end that was listed as complete but it was far from done. His office forwarded it to Street maintenance. A few days later I got an e mail that's basically a " we know what we are doing and you don't " response.

Classic.

C2E Long Term Contributor

You can download the full schedule/order of cleaning here:

http://www.edmonton.ca/transportatio...-cleaning.aspx

Taken from their master list, here is some (not all) of what is done before downtown.....

319 includes parts of (Crestwood and Parkview) April 28, 2014 Completed
    320 includes parts of (Laurier Heights and Parkview) April 28, 2014 Completed
    321 includes parts of (Laurier Heights and Lynnwood) April 28, 2014 Completed
    322 includes Elmwood as well as parts of Lynnwood April 28, 2014 Completed
    323 includes Thorncliff as well as parts of Aldergrove April 22, 2014 Completed
    324 includes parts of Aldergrove April 22, 2014 Completed
    325 includes Belmead, LaPerle, Summerlea and Terra Losa April 22, 2014 Completed
    327 includes Breckenridge Greens, Potter Greens, Suder Greens and Webber Greens April 22, 2014 Completed
    328 includes Rosenthal and Secord April 22, 2014 Completed
    400 includes Canon Ridge, Homesteader, Overlanders April 22, 2014 Completed
    401 includes Kernohan as well as parts of (Fraser and Hairsine) April 22, 2014 Completed
    402 includes Belmont, Clareview Towne Centre, Kirkness and Sifton Park as well as parts of Hairsine April 22, 2014 Completed
    403 York April 29, 2014 Completed
    313 Crestwood April 28, 2014 Completed
    427 includes Matt Berry as well as parts of Hollick-Kenyon April 29, 2014 Completed
    428 includes parts of McConachie Area April 29, 2014 Completed
    429 includes Cy Becker as well as parts of McConachie Area April 29, 2014 Completed
    430 includes Brintnell as well as parts of Hollick-Kenyon April 29, 2014 Completed
    433 includes parts of Fraser April 22, 2014 Completed
    437 includes Rural North East South Sturgeon April 22, 2014 Completed
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

A friend of mine sent me a photo of his alley being swept the other day and yet a good portion of downtown, Jasper and Oliver is still not swept.
    www.decl.org

Let's face it, the inmates are running the asylum.

If they cannot even set priorities on street sweeping, no wonder we have issues with the snow removal, transit service, NAIT LRT signalling delays etc.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I'd rather C2E than work!

HLB was getting done last night around 9pm. Left lane was shut down completely.

Parkdale area, including high volume pedestrian areas around Stadium not due to be done until the 19th!!

118th still looked dirty as well. The sidewalks in front of most businesses are done but the city has not done an adequate job. This areas should be one of the high priority areas as well
    Parkdale

118 was getting sprayed down tonight as were areas around NAIT, nice to see.

Downtown, nope.
    www.decl.org

Drove over the Low Level last night. Still not swept.
    I'm having people over later to stare at their phones,if you want to drop by

The Yellowhead between 50th street and 127th street was being swept last night.

I wonder if they're planning on using the big sweepers on all the city roads first, and then using the same crews to clean along the road edge second? Has anywhere in the city had the gravel cleared from the road edge yet?

It was nice to see a group of citizens out along the Capilano bridge yesterday cleaning up the garbage. Still big piles of gravel along the approaches though. It's too bad the city can't be more proactive with high profile areas like that
    Parkdale

Almost 2 full weeks into May, a good amount of downtown, Jasper and Oliver still not swept.
    www.decl.org

I don't know where you're looking, but in the CBD the streets have had sweepers pass over several times now

Was over at the Parkdale house last night.. still not touched, even in the high pedestrian traffic areas
    Parkdale

It is now mid May. I drove around the south and west ends yesterday and noticed that many of the main thoroughfares have been completely cleaned. The boulevards, medians, sidewalks and roads are down along 50 st, 85 st, the Whitemud etc... Then I went home to the north end where very few if any of our thoroughfares have been completed. 66 st, 153 ave, 167 ave, 137 ave,144 ave , Victoria trail have yet to be completed. 153 ave have not have the boulevards swept on both sides and all of the sidewalks have not been done. Why the difference? The south side is contracted privately while the north side is done by the city. Is there a different standard?

Overall most of the city is clean but the lack of progress on the main thoroughfares in the north end is concerning.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post
    It is now mid May. I drove around the south and west ends yesterday and noticed that many of the main thoroughfares have been completely cleaned. The boulevards, medians, sidewalks and roads are down along 50 st, 85 st, the Whitemud etc... Then I went home to the north end where very few if any of our thoroughfares have been completed. 66 st, 153 ave, 167 ave, 137 ave,144 ave , Victoria trail have yet to be completed. 153 ave have not have the boulevards swept on both sides and all of the sidewalks have not been done. Why the difference? The south side is contracted privately while the north side is done by the city. Is there a different standard?

Overall most of the city is clean but the lack of progress on the main thoroughfares in the north end is concerning.

I think you will agree that 170 street is a major thoroughfare, and yet it is still not touched. As well some sections of 178 st [ another major] have been done and yet other sections are still curb high in dirt and sand.

The Capilano bridge, including the approaches are still piled with loose gravel

Took a rock to the winshield last week crossing the bridge. It was brand new glass five months ago when I bought the truck. Oh well.. I guess my windshield now looks like every other one in the city

The road, boulevard and sidewalk cleaning has been extremely underwhelming this year in many places
    Parkdale

I just spoke to the city about my concern and received the following answer, the south side is done by a private contractor. The north side is done by the city. The city equipment is responsible for cleaning the Whitemud, Yellowhead and Gretzky Drive. The city is currently in the process of doing the Whitemud and will then do the Yellowhead and Gretzky. Until they are finished those 3 freeways,the arterial roads in the north end will not be touched. The private contractor will continue to do all the arterial roads on the south side. All work is suppose to be done by June 1. While the south side currently enjoy clean arterial roads the north side will have to wait a few more weeks. Is that equitable? Once again the north side is treated as second class.

I think all of us living in the north end should be contacting the mayors office to voice our concern.

Once again the north side is treated as second class
    Yup.. it definitely does seem that way doesn't it ?

Our loopy, quiet cul-de-sac in Goldbar has been spotless for weeks. Yet across the river the conditions are terrible.

I think all of us living in the north end should be contacting the mayors office to voice our concern.
    Maybe a twitter bomb campaign is in order
    Parkdale

It does appear that once again we take a back seat. I could not believe the difference as I drove around the south side last night. Much cleaner. Most of the main roads on the north side still look terribly dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by 240GLT View Post
    I don't know where you're looking, but in the CBD the streets have had sweepers pass over several times now

Was over at the Parkdale house last night.. still not touched, even in the high pedestrian traffic areas
    102 avenue was a mess of of Monday still, 101st was perhaps done, but not very well. 102 Street looked untouched. 103 street if done was done poorly.
    www.decl.org

^ It's all been done, it's just been done poorly. And that appears to be the case throughout the city.

If they're going to clean the streets, whether it's on 104st DT or on 50th st in the industrial areas, it should be done well. Poor workmanship is not an excuse, anywhere.
    Parkdale

High Level Bridge seemed sorta-kinda done. About a week or two ago the sides had mountain ranges of dust and dirt. Today it was somewhat less but seemed like a half-assed cleanup.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Sent a letter today to the mayor's office and Gibbons office. None of the arterial roads in NE Edmonton have been swept yet. What a friggin joke!

Sent a e-mail to Andrew Knacks office about the glacier speed on the condition of 170 & 178 street.

This evening there was a mini-army of street cleaners at Yellowhead Trail EB and St. Albert Trail c/w police cars blocking access to St. Albert Trail.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Sent a letter today to the mayor's office and Gibbons office. None of the arterial roads in NE Edmonton have been swept yet. What a friggin joke!
    Yellowhead still a mess. Capilano still a mess. What a total failure.
    Parkdale

Wonderful. NE does not get touched until those two arteries are completed. The wait will continue...

^ Yup.. it's downright embarassing that these high profile areas still look like garbage, and that many NE neighborhoods have not been touched.

Have called my councilor and the mayor as well.
    Parkdale

Just drove 100 Ave from 178>170 street [ MAIN ENTRANCE INTO CITY FROM WEST]. The amount of dirt and s*it is just absolutely mind boggling. In addition 178st in front of 2 hotels is curb high and in some cases OVER THE CURB. The thing that yanks my chain the most is that the cities website says these areas are marked as complete. I call a big steaming pile of B.S. on this.

I wrote the city about our roads in the NE and this was the response:

Yes I agree our roads are a mess at the moment. I have looked into the matter and it seems we are at different stages of clean up throughout the city,.
    The NE end is currently finished with the residential cleanup but has not started the arterial roads as yet, my understanding of this is that the arterials will be started Thursday at the soonest.
    I have been told that yes we are behind and it is due to equipment breakdown, currently only 8 of our 22 sweepers are in operational condition.
    I know this does not help the situation but it is an answer.

Unbelievable!!!!!!!! Who the hell is accountable in our Roadway Department??

^ that's a pretty poor excuse IMO

They finally attempted to clean the area around the Capilano, but did a terrible job. Still big piles of gravel everywhere. Shameful.
    Parkdale

Only 8/22 working? WTF is with that!

If only 8/22 sanders were in operation after a snow storm there would be a coup... but who gives a **** about spring cleaning.
    www.decl.org

My thoughts exactly. People should be contacting City Hall over this. 8 sweepers for a city this size is not nearly adequate. Totally unacceptable.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

I saw one driving with a "Driver Training" sign on it the other day...

May 26, still no signs of sweepers for the arterial roads in Ne Edmonton. Can we expect something by July 01?

In addition to the slow street sweeping program,it seems that the city is using the Whitemud as a storage facility for traffic barricades and barrels. I drove from Southgate Shopping Ctr to 178 street. It is just incredible how many barricades are stacked on the side of the road with NO construction around. In fact I believe some of them are still untouched from the Quesnell Bridge rehabilitation.

I spoke to the NE foreman of roadway maintenance the other day. He indicted that this has been the worst year in 39. The North side of the city will not be completed until at least June 13. They have had a ton of equipment break downs this year.

50 st just got finished last night. Many, many of the other arterial roads on the north side have yet to be completed. I would gather by the lack of feedback regarding this issue in the last several weeks most of you must live on the south side.

Terrible job by the city this year in relation to the north end.

It would be interesting to know why there's so many equipment fails

My guess is a lack of proper funding. The foreman said in his 39 years he has never seen the equipment failure he has seen this year. The day I spoke to him he was suppose to have 10 sweepers on the road and he only had 4.

They have all winter to maintain these so wtf did they just forget?

Old, poorly maintained equipment? If you don't invest the money breakdowns will happen.

If all winter you are understaffed, not allowed overtime and too busy repairing snow equipment, come spring you end up with the equipment problems they have.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

We had our annual garage sale this weekend at the PCCL hall.. and had a TONNE of other things going on in Sheila Bowker park.. June 1st and the city STILL had not come out and cut the grass in the park or emptied the garbage cans.. We had tonnes of people in our neighborhood for our events, the Boomin' Garden show at Alberta Ave, the Carrot had a rummage sale as well as the annual Cadets rummage sale at the Norwood Legion.. and it was embarassing to see the lack of effort that the city is putting into our area.

Questions really need to be asked of our mayor, councillors and admin..

Why are the residents of this area treated like second class citizens ?????
    Parkdale

Out of curiosity, did the PCCL give the City a heads up on this event? We do that all of the time now and it seems to spur some action.

Either way, disappointing.
    www.decl.org

^ it is dissapointing that it seems that is what it's come down to.. having to pester the city to keep parks and streets clean.

The city knew about our event through our CRC, but I doubt anyone got ahold of parks. I guess that's one more call that will need to be made for future events.

It's too bad that we can't expect that a busy playground and community park is kept in at least somewhat decent shape by the city. We already clean it most times, but it's way too much for us to mow.

Now if the city wants to buy us a tractor....
    Parkdale

So is it just the northside that got shafted in the street cleaning department?

Yes, the south side was completed at least a week ago. North of the river is still a work in progress.

^ lots of places on the south side have not been completed either, including parts of the Whitemud, 91st Street etc. In most of the places that were completed, they didn't use the big brushes to get all the sand and gravel out of the grass!
    As some-one who drives all over the city, I can say that no area is significantly better than an other!
    Edmontonian and proud of it!

Fox drive still looks half done.
    www.decl.org

According to the foreman in NE Edmonton and the city the southside is 100 % done. The north side is still far from it and it is now June 3rd.

As some else who drives throughout the city on a daily basis the southside looks much much better than the north side.

In Portland, more than a few store owners washing their sidewalks and sweeping the streets today
    www.decl.org

Seems the North Central neighborhoods are being ignored again by the city... Now the public parks and boulevards are not being maintained.

While the parks and boulevards south of the river are mowed and tidy, in Norwood area they are over grown with weeds and haven't been maintained at all this year.

CoE is really failing us. I would encourage everyone in the area to e-mail the mayor and applicable councilors to let them know how unacceptable this is, and call 311. Although 311 has not really been effective so far this year for other issues
    Parkdale

I have noticed the same thing. In my area NE of Londonderry mall they finally cut our green belt for the first time yesterday. It was a mess. There is a noticeable difference on the south side. I have contacted Ed Gibbons and 311 out this. The level of service has noticeably declined on the north side. The small parks around Alberta Avenue have not been cut yet this year. Not acceptable.

Still waiting...

Huge failure on the city's part. Another call to 311
    Parkdale

Still on the phone with 311..

No one seems to know who to send a complaint about a lack of maintenance to. They sent me to roadways last week, they called back and said I need to call parks and community services. 311 has never heard of this group. 311 asks for adresses to the specific parks. I say I have no idea what the adresses are, they are not posted on the sites. I say that it's not just specific parks.. it's every public space in Parkdale that needs attention. THey don't know how to put in a call like that. I have now been on hold for 20 mins.

Come on city... this is f-ing pathetic. It's beyond ridiculous that the city can't get it's act together.. not only in the maintenance dept, but 311 is a joke as well

Mayor ? Council ? Someone in administration ? Does ANYONE have a clue out there ????
    Parkdale

I would call the mayor and your counsellor's office. You will get a response if you do that. The city's lack of maintenance in some areas is terrible. How is it that grass in neighbourhood parks is still not cut by mid June? We finally had ours cut for the first time last week! The level of services in this city is deteriorating and is not acceptable. We need to do a better job.

^ It does seen that some services are declining in certain areas of the city.

I should hope that all neighborhoods are treated equally... but that doesn't seem to be the case

I will call the mayor's office directly this week if the situation is not rectified
    Parkdale

Hooray! They finally cut the grass in Parkdale yesterday evening! It only took three phone calls to 311 and a phone call to the mayors' office.

Never mind that they did a horrible job. I'll take this small victory
    Parkdale

I wonder if the grass cutting has been contracted out. You should check into that. This seems to sound an awful lot like the spring cleanup we just went through. I'm sure it was the call to the mayor's office that did the trick.

^ I'm sure it made a difference.

Not sure if grounds maintenance is contracted out... Public grounds on the south side look spectacular. In the north they look terrible. Apparently they don't have a weed wacker north of the river
    Parkdale

Confirmed: Parkdale and surrounding area is maintained by the central division of Parks.. so no it is not contracted out, it is done by city employees

I've got a call in to Parks to remind them that this area is part of their mandate, and should be treated the same as every other area of the city
    Parkdale

Earlier this year I sent a 311 message saying that McDougall Hill needs more grass cutting than just the 3 times a year it normally receives. It's getting overgrown again. Time for another message.

Sad that this is what it comes down to... having to complain before anything gets done.
    Parkdale

I have also noticed there is quite a difference on the south side. Appears it is being looked after much better than north of the river.

Fastforward to 22 minutes 55 seconds at this Soundcloud link to hear a CHED interview with June McNeil, the president of the Edmonton West Zone Soccer Association, about how they're having trouble with their soccer fields not being mowed by the city.

The grass is knee high on some of the younger players.

I don't know if its true, but she mentioned she thought the same equipment used in street sweeping was also re-purposed for mowing lawns, and that they were having maintenance issues with the equipment.

We've heard of equipment issues with the sweepers before, and if they get lawn attachments to cut lawns, that explains the delay there too. Mrs. Mcneil probably means the a combo sidewalk sweeper/mower/snow removal tool, like the one in the below video.
    Last edited by Ustauk; 18-06-2014 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Earlier this year I sent a 311 message saying that McDougall Hill needs more grass cutting than just the 3 times a year it normally receives. It's getting overgrown again. Time for another message.
    Someone must have read this post - didn't get a chance to contact 311 - because the grass has now been cut.

98 Avenue from the JMB to the hill east is not swept and looks terrible.
    www.decl.org

I get so $&#(($&(@#& mad at constantly seeing these around downtown and on whyte. Are people that mentally challenged to understand the difference between a garbage and a smoke disposal?

You cease to amaze me Edmonton...

www.decl.org

We should be phasing those out in favour of the little silver pole mounted things anyways.

I'll give them a B for effort (because they didn't just toss it anywhere) but a D- for execution (still better than littering)
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Which is my next rant... the number of coffee cups and newspapers left at bus benches when a garbage is literally 5' away.

Are we that F-ing lazy?
    www.decl.org

^
    Yes, yes people are. I've seen deposit containers in garbage bins with a deposit or recycle bin right next to them.

I will leave a deposit-carrying beverage container on the edge/lip of a garbage can in the downtown core & I wish we had the cans like Vancouver had to give them a spot. Our urban scavengers are gonna snag 'em anyways so we might as well make it easy.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Are we that F-ing lazy?
    I still see people throw crap out their window on a semi-regular basis, so yes, unfortunately some people really are that lazy and ignorant.

^yup, saw a guy in a pickup no less throw a timmy hoes out the window on 104st south of jasper, sadly I was too far away to pick it up and throw it back in his truck.
    www.decl.org

There are still some sections of the sidewalks along Jasper Ave in the Oliver neighborhood that have not been cleaned of wintertime gravel and sand.

In an underground parking place someone dumped all their garbage from fast food joints, coffee cups etc. from both sides of their car and then left. I picked it all up. The garbage can was about 30 feet away. People are pigs.

There are still some sections of the sidewalks along Jasper Ave in the Oliver neighborhood that have not been cleaned of wintertime gravel and sand.
    Walking Jasper from 105st-119st Sat night I found a few... mind you, about 50% were out front of businesses who could easily sweep a little.
    www.decl.org

^ agreed. Businesses are really bad at keeping up their store fronts and sidewalks.

Well we know this thread is going to get bumped again sooner rather than later, so let me be the first to say that I spotted a street sweeper, at work in the area of 95th street and 103A ave yesterday

Hopefully arterial cleanup can start in the next few weeks, if the snow holds off
    Parkdale

^hahaha indeed.

I will be back in 15 days.
    www.decl.org

CBC Edmonton ‏@CBCEdmonton 1h1 hour ago
    Street cleaners are out in downtown #yeg - temporary no parking signs have been put up along sections of 104th Street #yegtraffic #cbc

highlander

Sweet!!
    Now, from now on, no more sand, just salt on the hills and at intersections if necessary.

WTF... street cleaner(s?) have been out and one just passed by downtown on 100ave. I was hoping that the City would clean up a little for Red Bull and get a jump on spring cleaning in the core given the weather and DUST.
    www.decl.org

CBC Edmonton ‏@CBCEdmonton 1h1 hour ago
    Street cleaners are out in downtown #yeg - temporary no parking signs have been put up along sections of 104th Street #yegtraffic #cbc
    Either MANY ignored it or the cleaner missed a lot of areas, but I will take cleaners early March any day of the week!
    www.decl.org

If people are ignoring temporary parking bans then they need to be towed. I don't understand why the City refuses to do this.

Probably a money issue. Great to see they have been out downtown. We ALL need to get cleaning as soon as possible to get this city looking good, too much garbage and grit every March.

Can everyone pick up 1 bag of garbage and sweep 10m of sidewalk please and thank you.

Disgusting out there.
    www.decl.org

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

The amount of dog crap in my Neighborhood is disgusting. I've read of companies offering a service where every dog registered gets DNA swabbed then samples are sent to a lab, DNA match given, and fine sent in the mail. The program doesn't cost the city a dime in the end as all costs are covered by people who don't pick up. There is a blvd right in front of an elementary school where some jerk had been taking his dog to crap all winter and it is foul. With the snow melted it's just layer upon layer of dog crap. Must be hundreds of "deposits" there. 200x$100=$20,000. I don't think we would be having that problem again.

It is so incredibly disheartening to hear that and see what is being discovered under the melt. Are we as a society really that lazy? That inconsiderate? That neglectful?
    www.decl.org

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

^its truly disgusting. The owner essentially travels around the outer blvd on the west and north sides of the building letting his dog do its business without picking up. Sadly some poor soul working for Edmonton Public Schools will have to clean it up. And it makes the neighbourhood really unpleasant to walk through, especially for those of us with dogs who do respect the neighbourhood by picking up. I didn't notice it during the summer so maybe when there's no snow hiding it the owner takes care to be a bit more respectful by going elsewhere... Or maybe it's just a new dog.
    Last edited by etownboarder; 16-03-2015 at 10:09 PM.

Probably a money issue. Great to see they have been out downtown. We ALL need to get cleaning as soon as possible to get this city looking good, too much garbage and grit every March.
    I have a hard time trying to figure out why the city doesn't employ, directly, a small army of people that in the winter drive plows, graders, sidewalk sweepers, etc. and in the summer street cleaners and such. Bad days? Snow equipment. Nice days? Cleaning equipment. Toss those insane retainers out the window and have all of our equipment running 24/7, year round.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

^ agreed, I have said this before. Spring they can fill potholes. Summer they can cut grass or resurface roads. Fall fix all the equipment, then go on vacations and be ready for winter.

Yup, how difficult is that?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    I have a hard time trying to figure out why the city doesn't employ, directly, a small army of people that in the winter drive plows, graders, sidewalk sweepers, etc. and in the summer street cleaners and such. Bad days? Snow equipment. Nice days? Cleaning equipment. Toss those insane retainers out the window and have all of our equipment running 24/7, year round.
    Pie in the sky idea for the cleanliness/spring section: organize volunteer armies in return for property tax credits.

Get land owners out shoveling, sweeping, picking up garbage, etc, have an employee record their time, and give them a small tax credit per hour. They can bring their own leaf blowers, brooms, shovels, garbage bags. Bill it as a good civic pride/volunteer opportunity, with a special bonus of lower property taxes that month.
    Last edited by Jaerdo; 17-03-2015 at 10:05 AM.

... or just have them sign up for Capital City Clean-up and have some pride cleaning up their area.

http://www.edmonton.ca/programs_serv...-clean-up.aspx
    www.decl.org

Sweepers out on 106ave and the Gretz today

Now's the time of year I start bringing palstic shop[ing bags with me on dog walks on the multi-use trails and in the valley. I can usually fill a bag or two on my circuitous route through Capilano/Gold Bar/ Dawson parks
    Last edited by 240GLT; 18-03-2015 at 11:17 AM.
    Parkdale

Earth to street-cleaners, where art thou?

Confusing to say the least, but they do a little run in March which was unexpected and great to see, but nothing visible since (clearly a few days were impacted by weather but still).

Our 'response' time to spring clean up is embarrassing.
    www.decl.org

Last year at this time, there was still far too much snow and cold. This year, just cold. This city is a mess of garbage. It's not only the city's responsibility to clean it up, its all of us. From our community leagues, business owners and property owners and managers... get this filthy city cleaned up.
    The garbage along our entrances to the city and even the entrances to downtown are horrible sight right now and very embarrassing. 6 months of garbage piled up for all the see, no longer hidden in the snow.

I don't really care if the streets aren't swept for a few weeks.... it's the amount of loose garbage here, there everywhere that pisses me off the most. Losers who toss things out the window, trucks with unsecured loads... somethings gotta give. The garbage is inexcusable, how ever the sand/grit on the road is at least explainable/understandable.

(In terms of street sweeping, I've noticed most of the henday and associated overpasses are complete from the shoulder lanes to the street signs to the sidewalks on the overpasses but not much once you get into the city itself. Why?)
    Last edited by Medwards; 06-04-2015 at 09:27 AM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast