Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mcconachie Drive Construction

Partially Addicted to C2E

Default Mcconachie Drive Construction

I walked by yesterday and there seems to be some construction going on where the school is suppose to be. I didn't realize the province approved the plans to build the new school in the Mcconachie Area yet.

Does anyone know if that's a school or another multifamily residence?

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

If it's where I think it is it will be a MF residence. There are two MF sites on the north part of the large park/school/rec area.
    EDACC-EAD-YEGDT FTW!

That sucks...I was really hoping for a school/park.

They started construction about a month ago doing site grading.
    My house has been constantly shaking as I live across from there.
    It's going to be a condo complex according to the Carisle Group website. Called the Elements II.

In a year's time, my house will be shadowed by this atrocious condo (as the sun rises will be blocked by this 4 story monster), followed by constant vehicle traffic/noise and assuming that the tenants will be mostly renters, possible minor drunken disturbances.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

So renters = drunks, got it lol.

Did you research what was being built in the area before buying? I shake my head when people see empty land across from their soon to be home and never wonder/research what might be built there.

^
    Agreed. Signature in Ambleside came up in front of some very expensive triplexes; I wonder if the owners of those really payed attention to the zoning before they laid out the coin for having a future view of an apartment building (albeit a nicer one)?

Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    So renters = drunks, got it lol.

Did you research what was being built in the area before buying? I shake my head when people see empty land across from their soon to be home and never wonder/research what might be built there.
    When I bought my place a 1.5 year ago it was scheduled to be made into either a park or single family housing.

I am only assuming that a condo with sale prices like these will involve a lot of investors using it as investment property for people working up north (close access to manning). And from the stories I hear of the people up north, they like to work hard and play hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    ^
    Agreed. Signature in Ambleside came up in front of some very expensive triplexes; I wonder if the owners of those really payed attention to the zoning before they laid out the coin for having a future view of an apartment building (albeit a nicer one)?
    I wouldn't mind any other condo developer other than this bunch of guys. a internet search of this developer came up with mostly negative reviews.

You guys were right, I should have researched harder.. oh well.
    Last edited by wildo; 20-03-2014 at 04:47 PM. Reason: more stuff

Here's the NSP for McConachie - it doesn't agree with what've you said. There's a school site there, but it doesn't take up all the land.

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_governme...solidation.pdf

http://www.carlislegroup.ca/edmonton...d-location.php

Ewww...such an ugly location to put a giant building. I was really hoping it would be a park.

Quote Originally Posted by wildo View Post
    They started construction about a month ago doing site grading.
    My house has been constantly shaking as I live across from there.
    It's going to be a condo complex according to the Carisle Group website. Called the Elements II.

In a year's time, my house will be shadowed by this atrocious condo (as the sun rises will be blocked by this 4 story monster), followed by constant vehicle traffic/noise and assuming that the tenants will be mostly renters, possible minor drunken disturbances.
    There's already tonnes of car right now that speed up and down Mcconachie Drive. I can only imagine how bad and dangerous it will be once the school is up.

Administrator *

Quote Originally Posted by lazymonkeygod View Post

Ewww...such an ugly location to put a giant building. I was really hoping it would be a park.
    Giant building? They're only 4 stories? That's par for the course for medium density in new neighbourhoods...

I'd rather C2E than work!

I guess you gotta move to Wetaskiwin

Administrator *

I'm sure Wetaskiwin has its share of 4-story "giant" buildings as well... I would suggest moving to Smith.

Anyone know what is being built on the south side of 167 Ave & about 72 Street.
    Looks like a small strip mall but not sure as it's just in the frame stage.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

I'm sure if you were the one who's living across the street from this, you will definitely agree with me that it's a giant building.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvazquez7 View Post

Giant building? They're only 4 stories? That's par for the course for medium density in new neighbourhoods...

If I lived across the street like you, I would've know it was coming before I bought, because I would've done my research. Perhaps you hadn't... but that's only your fault.

I didn't say I lived across the street from this. Maybe you should've done your research before making that assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    If I lived across the street like you, I would've know it was coming before I bought, because I would've done my research. Perhaps you hadn't... but that's only your fault.

well, either way, it pays to do your research so your not in shock when a multi-family residences appears where its zoned to appear.

Nonetheless it's still a pretty ugly building to put at that corner. I don't live across from it, but I do take walks along that path. So I hope they put in a park and school soon.

well, either way, it pays to do your research so your not in shock when a multi-family residences appears where its zoned to appear.

A lady came by the other day to collect petitions because a developer has decided to rezone another area to construct more 4 store condos..
    I am happy someone has started campaigning because I feel like everyone in the neighbour feels the same way.

Yup, she came by my house as well. I signed her petition.

"We the people didn't bother doing our research before buying into this neighbourhood, and would just like to inform the city that we didn't do our research, please sign here"

Is that the petition?

There is no re-zoning going on here... the developer is working with the zoning the was approved in the NASP and ASP for the area. Did any of you bother looking at those before moving into a neighbourhood much still un-developed? Or did you just assume what was going in those empty fields?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ zing!!!

"We the people didn't bother doing our research before buying into this neighbourhood, and would just like to inform the city that we didn't do our research, please sign here"

Is that the petition?

There is no re-zoning going on here... the developer is working with the zoning the was approved in the NASP and ASP for the area. Did any of you bother looking at those before moving into a neighbourhood much still un-developed? Or did you just assume what was going in those empty fields?
    You are correct.........
    but hey it's worth a shot in the dark

I disagree. Please just move to somewhere else. Neighborhoods should be built with varying density, and its nobody's fault but the people who didn't do their homework.

Some kid came around the neighborhood this weekend and said he worked for energy price protection. He asked to see my energy bills to see if the price protection has been applied. He showed me some badge that says price protection on it. He doesn't work for epcor, enmax, atco, or the city. Did anyone actually show him their bills? Then he tried to pitch some offers to protect our electric/gas bills from fluctuations. Does anyone know if this is legit? I heard some stories of people using same method to scope out the houses before breaking in or something.

^ please post a separate thread for that...

C2E Hard Core Contributor
    South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

I disagree. Please just move to somewhere else. Neighborhoods should be built with varying density, and its nobody's fault but the people who didn't do their homework.
    That mentality didn't work with the old downtown airport.
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

nice bait, but I'm not going to bite it.

C2E Posting Power

This is sure one negative, bitter thread.

Just as an FYI, while it seems like that lady with her petition had her facts crossed, you would definitely know if the developer had applied to rezone the land. Throughout the rezoning process, the city mails out notices, posts signs on the property, advertises it in newspapers, and hosts at least one public consultation meeting. When a couple lots a few blocks from us were rezoned from RF1 to RA7 for a future condo development, we were pestered to death by the city about it for a good part of a year.

I was at the meeting tonight that discussed the approval of the new condo building coming up south of the current Element condo in the neighborhood. There was a lot of ****** off people. The main issues that was brought up include location where the condo should be, the size of the medium density building, streets getting congested, people living in condos parking on residential streets, and removal of trees that was promised to remain there by the home builders. The city also mentioned that there will be public and catholic school built there as well as a rec center. So far that land is still a landfill after 6 years...

^I couldn't find that note regarding the location of the meeting. I remember it was yesterday, but didn't know time and location!

But like others have said, I think that elements condo was already zoned to be a condo property from the get-go. So I don't know how far we'll get with this...

Anyway, that 4 story condo on the kitty corner of the current elements condo sure went up fast (within a few weeks), and I just walked behind it and they are starting another condo behind that.. ouch!

It was yesterday at 7pm at dr. donald massey school.
    Anyways the debate isn't about the currently building element condo. Most people were trying to convince the representatives from the city to prevent any further condos around the area. The problem is, like you said most of the lands were already zoned so there's really nothing the city can do right now because the developers aren't doing anything illegal. Everything was approved from 2006. A lot of people were upset that apparently a line of trees that was suppose to remain as promised by the developers got chopped down. So they paid more for a lot that was supposed to back onto green space, but instead now they found out that their lots will back onto a new 4 story condo...

Ya they didn't do their homework. Relying on what a salesmen tells you is the biggest mistake you can make.
    Why do people spend so little time/effort researching their biggest purchase of their life? "Oh it's got granite counter tops and look an empty field behind us ... We'll take it"

C2E SME

What??? Are you saying that new house salesman don't have all the facts all the time??? Naaaa that can't be right. I was talking to one just the other day and he seemed to have all the answers.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    141646478-004
    12-Feb-2014
    16620 - 71 STREET NW
    Plan 0321143 Blk 1 Lot 1

To construct a 2 Story General Retail / Professional Financial Office Support Service building. (Royal Centre North), Shell Only, no demising walls, no washrooms, 13 RTU's

There's a big lot on 167ave northeast corner of 59A street that suppose to be bought by loblaw. Does anyone know when and what is loblaw planning to build there? Rumor has it it's a no frills.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

That lot is zoned for (CNC) Neighbourhood Convenience Commercial Zone which usually only allows CRU's to be a maximum of 275 square meters in area.

http://webdocs.edmonton.ca/zoningbyl...archFile=(CNC)

But there are some Discretionary Uses that might allow for it:
    310.4 Development Regulations for Permitted and Discretionary Uses

The maximum Floor Area of any individual business premises for a Permitted Use shall not exceed 275 m2.

The maximum Floor Area of any individual business premises for a Discretionary Use shall not exceed 1 000 m2, except that a grocery store or supermarket may be permitted a Floor Area of up to 2 500 m2.

The maximum Site Area shall be 2.0 ha.

The maximum Floor Area Ratio shall be 1.0.

Default Changed from future residential to multi family condos ..

FYI .. McConachie did change the plans for that section from Future Residential to now the multi family condos called Elements II . See pic.

The future 2 schools, baseball diamonds, and soccer fields r still in the plans beside it hopefully .

Future residential is still residential... and this is the ASP for the area... nothing has changed in it

http://www.edmonton.ca/city_governme...solidation.pdf ( see paged listed as 32 )... note that this NSP was created in 2006, long before the first house went in. Notice that it's zoned for .... medium residential, which fits perfect of what the "elements II" is .

Note the above image from KLDragon is not from the city, its from the sales website for the area. Not your best source for information. http://m.mcconachie.ca/images/commap.jpg
    Last edited by Medwards; 02-06-2014 at 05:55 PM.

The Carlisle grp is only has 2 condo bldgs for Elements II plans.
    So what is the third concrete structure they r building just east of it (intersection of McConachie drive and McConachie way)???

I'm not sure which lot you are referring to, there is two RA7 lots side by side
    Major Development Permit
    Job No 141331153-001: To construct three (3) Apartment House buildings (173 dwellings).
    1103 - MCCONACHIE BOULEVARD NW Plan 1420176 Blk 8 Lot 19
    SEYMOUR PACIFIC DEVELOPMENTS LTD
    MCCONACHIE AREA
    Add To Results
    Job No 141331153-004: To revise a development permit condition regarding access (revision to permit 141331153-001) for an Apartment House development.
    260 - MCCONACHIE DRIVE NW Plan 1025888 Blk 8 Lot 2 1103 - MCCONACHIE BOULEVARD NW Plan 1420176 Blk 8 Lot 19
    SEYMOUR PACIFIC DEVELOPMENTS LTD
    MCCONACHIE AREA
    Major Development Permit
    Job No 142667987-001: To construct 2 Apartment House buildings (99 Dwellings each: total of 198 Dwellings), with an underground parkade, and an Accessory waste and recycling builiding. (Elements II)
    270 - MCCONACHIE DRIVE NW Plan 1420176 Blk 8 Lot 20
    CASOLA KOPPE ARCHITECTS
    MCCONACHIE AREA

hosted on imgur.com, image from http://maps.edmonton.ca/

(ignore the address that is posted on that image, its just where my cursor was when I took the screen shot)
    Last edited by Medwards; 02-06-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Hey Medwards, that NSP doc shows on page 2 map the admendent areas from may 2013 which includes the Elements II condos area. So it could have been rezoned to a med density area.

Thanks for the info.. Since the 2 L shapes condo bldgs for Elements II don't have underground parkades, I am assuming the third structure is probably the underground parkade with waste and recycling from your info.

Thanks for the RA7 map.. That clears a lot up. You are saying there are 5 condo bldgs in total to be built between the two RA7 sections. Wow.

Elements II is actually the red RA7 area in your map:

Yup. Some good density in that area. More people means more services. More eyes on the street. More people sharing the cost of the land. Glad Edmonton seems to long and clear of the days of building single purpose neighbourhoods. Mixed is the way to go.

If you use the edmonton maps link, it gives you the history of when zoning was changed

The other RA7 lot looks like it's going to be phase 3 of element maybe?

different owners, but with the same tpye zoning, expect something of similar ilk

I hope they can get it all done and over with in 5 years when my son is finally old enough to go to school. For people who bought into phase 1 of McConachie I bet they are pretty upset because it's been over 6 years since phase 1 opened and still no school or even a park. I remember visiting the show homes when phase 1 opened and all the sales people used the future school and parks as a big selling point. I bet a lot of people were thinking, I'll buy in now and when my kids are old enough the schools will be ready...

Quote Originally Posted by Kldragon View Post

FYI .. McConachie did change the plans for that section from Future Residential to now the multi family condos called Elements II . See pic.

The future 2 schools, baseball diamonds, and soccer fields r still in the plans beside it hopefully .

The map seems a bit off because I drove by and the current condos in construction are sitting on the corner of that RA7 lot where 1060C is showing.

different owners, but with the same tpye zoning, expect something of similar ilk

Actually the 2 rectangular buildings that are built to 4 levels already and without underground parkades (RA7 section at intersection of McConachie blvd and drive) are rental apartments. Probably like the ones at intersection of McConachie way and 167 ave.

Elements II condos: L-shaped bldgs with undergrd parkade just started being built. It should be the red RA7 section. Only the underground parkade concrete structure is completed so far. These condos are for purchase.

1060C is just where my mouse was hovering when I took the screen shot.

C2E Long Term Contributor

McConachie resident ready to speak out against condo complex

EDMONTON - Citing traffic and crime concerns, one McConachie resident will be heading to city hall on Monday afternoon to speak out against the possible development of another condo complex in the area.
    Patricia Hope, who is working to organize her neighbhours, said they will air a number of grievances to the city.
    “If they put this other one in, we’ll be completely surrounded on three sides by condominium complexes,” Hope said. “We’re trying to fight this.”
    The area that is to be developed is currently zoned as agriculture but bylaw 16820 would change the zoning to allow for low-rise apartment buildings and other residential developments.
    Hope said that one of the concerns is the effect that increased density will have on the community. There are already traffic troubles, she said, and adding hundreds of new residents to the area isn’t likely to make that any better.
    Hope said that many of those in her area who spent a lot of money on homes were unaware that the area might be rezoned in the future and were left in the dark during the home-buying process.

More:
    http://www.edmontonjournal.com/news/...780/story.html
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Thanks for the info ! Good to know.

Thanks! I almost forgot about that meeting at noon today.

I was looking through the map and I think it will actually be a lot better after they finish McConachie Blvd. That road makes a big difference because right now all the traffic in that section is directed down McConachie Drive and McDonough Way which makes it really congested. And there always seems to be people speeding up and down those 2 roads.

We live in Stage 4 and yes it would be much better once they have all 3 of the new exit roads completed (one to 167 ave, and 2 to 66 st). But it still looks like it will be 2-3 yrs before the 167 ave and say 63 st exit is completed.

Yeah, the problem with McConachie I find is that they have a lot of promised infrastructures and amenities that are still not in yet. I think they should've completed the roads and major arteries before pushing the new phases or at least at the same time. I don't know why they think it's okay for all of phase 4 to have only one exit/entrance right now. That just seems like a serious safety issue. If that one entrance gets snowed in or blocked by a falling tree or something, everyone in phase 4 will be very upset.
    Last edited by lazymonkeygod; 09-06-2014 at 12:20 PM.

I totally agree with you. One small road for phase 4 and probably phase 5 residents to exit/enter. All I know is that traffic is going to be terrible when the winter comes for that McConachie Blvd and McConachie Drive interestion and connecting roads. Due to all the snow banks, resident and construction vechicles parking in the streets, you pretty much will be playing chicken with oncoming vechicles on the roads, as the roads will be narrowed to one lane !!

Here is the proposed amendent (Bylaw 16820) for the rezoning that Patricia Hope is fighting against in that news article. Another "RA7" zone 4 level condo complex to complete that triangle she said:

http://sirepub.edmonton.ca/sirepub/c...4030032952.PDF

Just came back from the council meeting at city hall. Just as expected, council cannot do anything. They pretended to be very dissatisfied with the developers and home builders who provided the "false" information, but in the end they cannot simply change the zoning. The only thing they could do was urge the future builder to replant the trees that they chopped down but only out of good will. So they are not obligated to do so.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

McConachie is unusual in having so much mature tree cover prior to development. Looking at the neighbourhood structure plan map posted in #56, the main tree windbreak going east-west is largely being retained. Very nice feature in the neighbourhood.

It is unfortunate and seemingly unnecessary that the north-south windbreak between the parcels zoned RSL and RA7 was removed. However, the map clearly shows that the plan was to remove it.

If McConachie residents do not wish to see any other windbreaks removed, for example the north-south windbreak further west in the still undeveloped part of the neighbourhood, or the tree stand that surrounds the Slovenian Hall, they need to get in touch with the developer now. The map shows that both these tree stands are slated to be removed.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Here's the news story on this.
    http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=378704

No offense folks, but some of the home owner reactions remind me of this:

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Moral of the story.....do your research before you buy. The zoning plans existed since 2006 and not one McConachie resident noticed before buying their home???
    Several residents, including Patricia Hope, said they had no idea future development in the area was a possibility.

Before she moved, Hope said she asked the developer what was going to be built in the field behind her home. She said she was told by the Jayman company that the land was agriculturally-zoned.

However, plans to add up to 12 new condos in the area have been in the works for years, said Ed Gibbons, the city councillor for the area.
    “This has all been in place since 2006 – before there was a house in McConachie ,” he said. "And now there’s 1,500 houses.”

Gibbons offered residents the following advice: “Don’t ever trust a new house salesperson until you do some more questioning.”

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...ment-1.2670156

Another horrible mess of circuitous and dead end roads to nowhere with limited access to the rest of the city. Why do we let developers get away with this nonsense? Why can't we tell them to build on a grid?

I still say that the traffic problem right now will be resolved once all the roads are complete. Right now everyone is funneled onto McConachie Drive. Once McConachie Boulevard is complete that will take the load off significantly.

Why don't they finish the roads before they put in the neighbourhood? If its that the pavement will be destroyed by all the construction equipment, at least put a temporary gravel road.

I think the deal that Walton had with the city is that Walton will build that road (McConachie Blvd), but only up to the land that they owned. The other owner for the rest of the land leading up to 167ave is responsible for the rest of McConachie Blvd. That's why that road is only half done and leads to nowhere. The road is now currently being worked on by the other owner now because they are finally ready to develop on that lot right behind the houses where they mowed down the tree. The main problem is that houses and condo buildings are going up way faster than the roads...

Crossing the street on McConachie Drive is like playing leap frog.
    There's a vehicle passing by every 30 seconds. I imagine once those condos come up, we're going to need traffic lights in that road.

and once the other roads that connect to the area open up, it will be the same as the rest of the city in terms of traffic.

A car every 30 seconds? OHHHH NO!

Crazy to think that not everything is going to be up and running in a BRAND NEW UNDER CONSTRUCTION neighbourhood.

The intersection at 167 59A street needs either a cross walk stop light or at least some painted cross walk lines. At that intersection there is one lane going east/west and one left turn lane. I've seen many times when car stops at the lane going east/west to let pedestrians cross and some ***** use the left turn lane to cut in front of the stopped car. There were so many close calls for pedestrians crossing.

yes, at 167 avenue, there will be a light in the future.

The pleasures of living in a brand new area is that not everything is built and ready, and there will be some growing pains. I'm sure you expected none the less living in a brand new area still well under construction? If you wanted a neighbourhood that was complete and ready with all its schools and amenities you could have chose any of a number of other neighbourhoods ...?

Living in a new neighborhood does not justify unsafe roads. There are unsafe roads all over Edmonton, whether it's a new or old neighborhood.

I think the problem is now starting to arise because the population in the neighborhood had risen substantially in the past couple years.

I understand the "UNDER CONSTRUCTION" neighbourhood.

It's the priority of which gets constructed first which bothers me. And so far it's condos/housing > roads > parks > schools

And once the roads are completed and connected to 167 ave or 66 st, there will be a significantly reduced traffic around McConachie Drive.

I agree, this order condos/housing > roads > parks > schools really bothers me too. There's going to be at least anther 10 years of constructions in Mcconachie. I hope they don't wait till all houses are filled before starting on that park/school.

so theres no roads built in McConachie yet? (cheeky reply obviously)

I see nothing different with how McConachie has gone up than any other subdivision. That is exactly what happens. You get phased in construction. It's all laid out in the NSP and ASP I've linked before, and indirectly in the sales brochures you have referred to. Did you think that the moment your house was finished you would have a mature community completely finished?
    Last edited by Medwards; 16-06-2014 at 12:51 PM.

^It makes sense to start building houses before all the roads are complete, but there is a problem when most of the accesses are left as dead ends at the edge of the current development phase. Arterials and collector roads should be finished (or at least be driveable) before the housing construction picks up.

Are there any fire codes/regulations for neighborhoods population to number of exits/entrance in Edmonton? For example for a neighborhood of 1000 ppl would require 2 exits/entrance? Is there such a regulation? Just wondering...can't seem to find anything on google.

Are there any fire codes/regulations for neighborhoods population to number of exits/entrance in Edmonton? For example for a neighborhood of 1000 ppl would require 2 exits/entrance? Is there such a regulation? Just wondering...can't seem to find anything on google.

(***)

As for your question I don't think there is. Take Maple Crest as an example. Their was only one entrance into the community there which is over a rail road track. I've wondered myself what sort of liabilities there are if a train is crossing in the midst of an emergency. They may have an emergency access set up now but they didn't when the area first opened. Haven't been around those developments in a while but I would assume its approaching 500-1000 people in that area now.

Also in regards to roads in new communities its my understanding some roads are the responsibility of the developer and one is the responsibility of the city. Take the widening of the road along 167 ave near 44st. Either the developer or the city took care of the initial roads and now the other is finishing the widening of the roads. I wonder what sort of timelines are typically attached to the roads\widening in a new area as i can see typical city\developer delays which is never good for anyone.
    Last edited by Admin; 18-06-2014 at 12:20 AM. Reason: removed personal attack

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post
    ^It makes sense to start building houses before all the roads are complete, but there is a problem when most of the accesses are left as dead ends at the edge of the current development phase. Arterials and collector roads should be finished (or at least be driveable) before the housing construction picks up.
    Sometimes the dead ends are there because the land hasn't been purchased by the developer or the landowner is holding out. There are a few places in the city where roads abruptly end and then continue at the other end of the property.

^ It would help if we used a grid-based plan so roads would naturally line up with the 1/4 section boundaries and an obstinate landowner would not have the same effect.

Haha that's lame.. i make a comment about medwards and the admin deletes it? He jumps on all sorts of threads making attacks on others constantly. Just trying to warn the people in this thread not to address him and his antics. When will you get around to editing all his attacks against others? Why draw the line here?
    Last edited by gwill211; 18-06-2014 at 01:16 AM.

Post reported

Medwards likes to keep things interesting, playing devil's advocate
    I see him as a representative of the city council that we were up against, which makes for a rather interesting banter.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gwill211 View Post
    Haha that's lame.. i make a comment about medwards and the admin deletes it? He jumps on all sorts of threads making attacks on others constantly. Just trying to warn the people in this thread not to address him and his antics. When will you get around to editing all his attacks against others? Why draw the line here?
    I have edited and unapproved many posts by Medwards and many others.

Speaking of lame antics, maybe you should ask first before making such an asinine assumption. This is especially true as you are a user that had me sued over your antics with Esquire Management Group?
    Ow

Quote Originally Posted by wildo View Post
    Medwards likes to keep things interesting, playing devil's advocate
    I see him as a representative of the city council that we were up against, which makes for a rather interesting banter.
    first part is definitely true

I'm not a representative of council though, and if you think you were 'up against council' is telling. These neighbourhood plans were set long before you even decided to move in.... You choose to move in here

Ok this is getting ridiculous. This is the 3rd time this year we got visited by a direct energy and just energy rep who tried to help us save on energy. Why are they coming around so often with the exact same pitch.

because you are in a new area, and lots of people are undecided or locked into rates. More opportunity for them than in a existing area.

It's annoying not because they keep coming around but because the reps are so pushy about it. And when you say "no" to them, they seem so offended and they will give you a rude remark "I guess you're happy paying more" with an attitude...

Just close the door. They'll get the point. You may also want to put a sign up "no solicitors"

To those in the neighborhood with dogs...Just because the lot beside mine is empty it doesn't mean it's okay for you to not pick up after your dog!

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    141646478-004
    12-Feb-2014
    16620 - 71 STREET NW
    Plan 0321143 Blk 1 Lot 1

To construct a 2 Story General Retail / Professional Financial Office Support Service building. (Royal Centre North), Shell Only, no demising walls, no washrooms, 13 RTU's

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/Mzk0WDEwMjQ=/z/Vo8AAOSwGvhUJEDy/$_20.JPG

Job No 161726632-001
    Description: To change the Use from Professional, Financial, and Office Support Services to Health Services and to contsruct interior alterations (physiotherapy clinic - tenant improvements).
    Plan 0321143 Blk 1 Lot 1
    Applicant: ED AGOTO CONSULTING
    Create Date: 10/1/2014 4:33:19 PM

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

This building is almost complete, looks better in person then the render. Originally it was planned to have a daycare in this building, I wonder if that is still the case.

Gold Star Daycare and After School Care

16620 - 71 street NW

http://www.goldstardaycare.ca/contact/

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Thanks.

I drove through this area the other day visiting a friend - Lots of construction going on. Look like 6 or more of the typical 4 storey wood frame condo structures going up. I get where some of the complaints on this thread are coming from, but feel it will be different once the other roads in the area open up (which looks like they are working on as well)

I wonder why they are only adding additional lanes up to 50st and 167 Ave. Wonder how many more years till roads are widened up to 66 st or further.

There is also a new day care opening at the Safeway on manning. Seems like a great location with the massive park a half block away that doesn't need the kids to run across any roads.

The lane widening will continue west of 50st 167ave. They only have enough time to do it one part at a time. I think construction will start the following summer.

142667987-005
    02-Oct-2014
    270 - MCCONACHIE DRIVE NW
    Plan 1420176 Blk 8 Lot 20

To construct an Apartment House building (99 Dwellings) "Elements II - Building 1000"

CASOLA KOPPE ARCHITECTS
    Value: $13,430,300

142667987-006
    02-Oct-2014
    270 - MCCONACHIE DRIVE NW
    Plan 1420176 Blk 8 Lot 20

To construct an Apartment House building (99 Dwellings), "Elements II - Building 2000"

CASOLA KOPPE ARCHITECTS
    Value: $13,430,300

This is relatively good news for the neighborhood. I hope the school does make it in time when my son is old enough to go to school...

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Prent...333/story.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast