Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American Airlines to Los Angeles NEW ROUTE to no route

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^Not necessarily, the flights through YYC and YVR are likely cheaper because those planes aren't as full.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post
    ^Not necessarily, the flights through YYC and YVR are likely cheaper because those planes aren't as full.
    Is that fact? or another piece of conjecture on your part? If fact please prove it.

^lol

Quote Originally Posted by JustYeggin View Post
    Looking at a flight to LAX mid January 2016. One way non-stop on Westjet is 370 compared with connections through YYC or YVR for only 223.

Now we know what competition does now that AA pulled out.
    Why not WestJet to Palm Springs? January 12-20 it ranges from $206 to $227 one-way. Albeit rental cars are a bit more expensive but much easier to access and the drive to LA via Highway 60 is not that bad!

I actually saw that and I think PSP would make sense given that there will be four of us.
    Thanks!

For those that have acute knowledge, what was the average load factor for this route?

Quote Originally Posted by JustYeggin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Casualty of the low Dollar, I'd guess. Plus Westjet is no pushover.

Thought AA might have a bit of a chance with their transfers, but the other than Australia /New Zealand wouldn't have had many advantages.
    SoCal is the one of largest O&D markets from YEG. And if AA can't fill the E175, I honestly think it's mismanagement on their part.
    I'm no insider so I can't comment on their management, but those little Embraers aren't exactly "economies of scale", and on a route as long as YEG-LAX, the margins would have been slim to begin with. Then in addition to having to compete with WJ's much better suited equipment, with the currency fluctuation, their pilots and cabin crew just became 30% competitively more expensive in one single year.

It would be tough to manage, I think, unless virtually every passenger was flying onward to Sydney or Aukland or something.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

And unfortunately all the LA-Australia flights depart at night, and this flight arrived in LA in the morning.

It actually departed within an hour of the WestJet one. I wish they had a late departure out of Edmonton.

C2E Continued Contributor

I think this flight was fairly doomed from the beginning... AA placed this flight within an hour of their partners WS departure from YEG to LAX. WS at the same time upgauged their A/C to the 737/800 from the 737/700 due to high loads.

WS has the economy of scale in the YEG market to make this flight work over AA, especially with their advantage of being established, as well as now having crews paid in CDN dollars.

While this is a loss to the market will it really have a large affect? Probably not as from the travellers stand point there isn't much that seperated the two carriers especially as they were both marketing each others flights as their own.

C2E Posting Power

Happened to notice today that Delta flight 8952 LAX-YEG non-stop using an A319 landed at EIA at 4:45 PM. I've searched C2E but can't find any thread discussing Delta YEG-LAX service. First thought was that perhaps this is a Westjet codeshare, but the flight was definitely performed using a Delta aircraft. Any idea what is going on?

Bringing in the LA Kings

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

LA Kings vs Oilers 7:30 Rexall Place Sunday evening.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12