Thread: Use of others photos

Default Use of others photos

Look im all flattered you guys like my photos and all but please at least ask if you are going to use them / edit them / anything. I don't use others photos unless i give them credit or at least ask. So please have the common courtesy to do ask before you post.

Where/who has been using your photos? Your flickr rights allow sharing of your photos without your permission? You may want to update that.

2 posters here that i have already reported in the pearl thread all i'm wanting is proper credit or pm me its not a hard thing to do tbh.

C2E Continued Contributor

Sure man. i figured everyone knew it was your work since i posted them right in the pearl thread where they were

Im asking the admin to temp ban / ban anyone using photos without eather permission or credit for using others photos.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I believe there's already a policy in place when inserting images that are not yours and that is to supply a source URL.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

^Yet someone here doesn't think they need to use it. The other 2 i have asked to take the same image down did so and actually said sorry unlike someone......
    Last edited by Magnoblade; 03-07-2014 at 06:41 PM.

I took it down, but my gosh, how the eff was I suppose to know that some random picture found on imgur was yours, and even at that, that you didn't want it shared. I'm not sorry at all though. Grow up, stop spazzing out.

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    I believe there's already a policy in place when inserting images that are not yours and that is to supply a source URL.
    which was done. the source was i.imgur.com magno, or someone else has done the approriate thing, (like I recommended) to report the photo to imgur if its a copyright issue. They've now removed the photo.

Im not "spazzing out" as you wanna call it medwards. Its called defending work that i have done i don't go and take chris's or whoever else posts here on C2E photos and then shop it and then not give credit. Have some god damned respect for once in your life.

1) I didnt take your photo
    2) I didn't photoshop your photo
    3) I didn't know it was your photo, or that the person who "owns" the photo on the internet had restricted its usage, after all, I found it on imgur.com, a site for sharing photos on forums!
    4) you spazzed out yelling (using all caps) to take the photo down.

ya, those photos were removed.. not sure how you expect me to know that the photos I found on imgur were yours, (again, they were removed, so I had no way to verify it) or the ones you've previously asked to have remove.

I'm done. in the future, I'll make sure to go through all your photos before posting something that I find on another site somewhere else not related to your photo album on flickr to verify it's not something you don't want posted.
    Last edited by Medwards; 03-07-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    ya, those photos were removed.. not sure how you expect me to know that the photos I found on imgur were yours, (again, they were removed, so I had no way to verify it) or the ones you've previously asked to have remove.

I'm done. in the future, I'll make sure to go through all your photos before posting something that I find on another site somewhere else not related to your photo album on flickr to verify it's not something you don't want posted.
    Look all im asking for is a credit i don't mind if you guys use my photos like i said when i make this thread that's all im asking and tbh i shouldn't have too because were mostly all adults here.

I'd give you credit... I just didn't know it was your photo... you didn't need to YELL AT ME IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE I'M SUPPOSE TO SOMEhow know it was your photo.

It was more yelling at the whole situation not at you medwards. please check your pm.

I think this thread has run it's course.
    Settle it out in PM if you have to.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

The thread has run its course, agreed.

If you have pictures that you put out there, on a free sharing site, that you do not watermark or otherwise identify, you should change your practices.

If you post photos on C2E, no matter how sourced, you are to provide a link back to the site. That way, if someone wants to research the copyright holder, or even start to begin to research who took the photo, they can.

Simple.
    Ow