Thread: cancel membership

thenoodler

Default cancel membership

How do I go about cancelling my profile in C2E?

I dont think there is a way to.

thenoodler

that is ridiculous.

Welcome to Hotel California!

C2E Long Term Contributor

I have advised the admin admin...
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by thenoodler View Post
    that is ridiculous.
    Let me preface this by saying I'm not the admin, or a moderator here at all. When you signed up for C2E, did you read the terms and conditions by chance or did you just agree to it without reading what you are agreeing to?
    I'm sure you are more than welcome to discontinue using your username, the content you have put on this site (if any, and including your username) is not yours.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Unless one has said something really really really egregious I'm sure one's virtual C2E self will be forgotten in due time.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

There are three posts, two of them in this thread. Not sure what about the profile needs cancelling.

Eve

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Memberships are not cancelled. First of all, there is no obligation for you to join in the first place, nor is there an obligation to keep posting. You are allowed pseudonyms. There are no membership fees.

However, the main ideal here is conversation. This conversation would look disjointed every time someone wanted to leave and have all postings removed. This, at its core, is a discussion board.

You are free to come and go as you wish. However, as in real life, your comments are always left behind to those who heard or read them. That is why it is always a good idea to remember this:

Words are powerful
    Once said, they can only be forgiven
    Not forgotten
    Ow

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Why not just say "Adios Amigos," oh wait that was the title of the last Ramones album.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

I smell a Haiku. Not that I remember

I wonder if noodle is thenoodler.

Why the hell would I create a new account? I've posted before & after this guy & have no need to try and be tricksy with you all.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    It is not.
    Ow

I'd rather C2E than work!

Only at night.

When he's hustlin' in da club.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post
    Only at night.

When he's hustlin' in da club.

for someone who picked Top_Dawg as a pseudonym, you really are a horse's ***.

ps. the *** is the site's filter, not my choice.
    Last edited by kcantor; 09-07-2014 at 06:05 PM. Reason: added ps
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    for someone who picked Top_Dawg as a pseudonym, you really are a horse's ***.

ps. the *** is the site's filter, not my choice.
    Actually I think it's appropriate for someone who is a one man dog and pony show.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

^^
    Horse's Arse should get the point across, and get around the filter

One of the reasons I had to call Rob Ford a jerk was the fact that i d i o t & m o r o n get the superstar treatment via the profanity filter. I get the fact that those are both 18th & 19th century medical terms & considered a slur for the developmentally disabled so I guess I'll have to start calling you all codswallops & jackanapes.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    One of the reasons I had to call Rob Ford a jerk was the fact that i d i o t & m o r o n get the superstar treatment via the profanity filter. I get the fact that those are both 18th & 19th century medical terms & considered a slur for the developmentally disabled so I guess I'll have to start calling you all codswallops & jackanapes.
    all of us?

or should that read "all of us? "

and linguistically, i'm not sure you could call us codswallops and jackanapes. jackanapes espousing codswallop perhaps?
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Call them *******, that clears
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

Actually they were still in use in 1960's medical books

These were all words used to describe a person whose IQ was below 70. More specifically, those who had an IQ between 0 and 25 were i diots, those between 26 and 50 were deemed imbeciles, and those scoring between 51 and 70 were considered m orons.
    Read more at http://www.omgfacts.com/Language/The...QLas13pLoTF.99
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Clearly we need to just use imbecile going forward, as that gets through the filters untouched.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Ok, seriously everyone?

The word censors were put in place for many words that were commonly reported at one time. Many others were added when they were abused and used in insults (troll comes to mind).

If you find a word that deserves to be masked, then submit it via report post.

That is how it works. I, nor other moderators, do not arbitrarily put words into the masking fields.

Also, masking does not stop the folks from inserting a different spelling or characters into the field. In the end, I rely on report posts.
    Ow

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dialog View Post
    Call them *******, that clears
    Not anymore. The singular version of that word was always blocked. The plural made it through, but not anymore.
    Ow

Thanks for the insight on how the stuff ended up in the tracker. Knowing it's predicated on the "squeaky wheel gets the grease" model makes the (seemingly) random star attacks much more understandable.

As a personal preference I'd love to see if gypped/jipped (and their root forms) are in the list yet & if they aren't please add them. Thanks!

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

and now for something completely different...and somewhat aligned...

Tired of being taken advantage of .