Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 2,301 to 2,365 of 2365

Thread: State of the world, state sponsored terror, terror and war in general

I'd rather C2E than work!

It looks like he went after women, and mostly mowed them down!

It’s time to start calling it like it is.

Men are imbeciles. Feeble minded individuals. Incapable of rational thought. Emotionally unstable and subject to emotional breakdowns of the worst kind. And it seems, according to one article below suffering from a sense of entitlement. . Yes, I’m grossly generalizing but the fit is probably better than for say women belonging to any kind of fringe group or fringe interest or religion, ideology, etc.

A ratio here of 95:3 (males:females)

Mass shootings in the U.S.: shooters by gender 2018 | Statistic
    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...oter-s-gender/

Female Mass Killers: Why They're So Rare
    by Stephanie Pappas, Live Science Contributor | April 3, 2018

That's shocking, according to experts in human behavior, because women are violent at much lower rates than men. And mass killings, even more so than other types of violence, are overwhelmingly a male phenomenon.

Female mass killers are "so rare that it just hasn't been studied," said James Garbarino, a psychologist at Loyola University Chicago who has researched human development and violence. "There aren't enough cases," ...

http://www.livescience.com/53047-why...-are-rare.html

Why Mass Killers Are Always Male

Whenever there's a mass shooting or massacre, there's a 98% chance the perpetrator is a man. Why is that?

JEFFREY KLUGER @JEFFREYKLUGER
    MAY 29, 2014

There are no absolute certainties when it comes to mass killers, but a few things come close. Someone will use the term “disaffected youth” to describe the perpetrator. Somewhere there will be a diary—either Tweets, blogs, YouTube videos or scrawled musings in a lined notebook. And the murderer will—with more than a 98% certainty—be male.

There is no shortage of explanations for the overwhelming maleness of the monster population. Some of the answers reveal a lot—and yet nothing at all. Testosterone fuels aggression. Stipulated. Boys take longer to mature than girls. Stipulated. And like the forebrains of young females, those of young males are not fully myelinated until the late 20s or even early 30s. The forebrain is where executive functions—impulse control, reflection, awareness of consequences—live. In the case of males, who are already trip-wired for aggression, that provides a lot of years to behave badly.

Rodger, dead now, his work done now, fits so much of this ugly profile. He did leave a diary—in his case YouTube videos—and his rants bare his resentments toward the women who never found him attractive enough, as primal a kind of status loss as can possibly be imagined.

He now joins the dark gallery of men and boys who have gone before him—each of them less important than the previous ones, since their crimes become so tragically familiar. If there is any bitter satisfaction to take from that, it’s that in their very attempt to be remarkable in some way, mass killers instead achieve a sort of homicidal banality, the anonymity they dreaded in life following them into death. ...”

http://time.com/114128/elliott-rodge...rbara-shooter/

Mass Shootings and Toxic Masculinity — Why Men Are Almost Always Behind Mass Shootings

Most of the men who commit mass shootings were not those widely admired men. They were men who felt they were owed something, and that the world was not providing what they were owed.

In many of these mass shootings, the desire to kill seems to be driven by a catastrophic sense of male entitlement. In some cases, the perpetrators seemed to feel that if people did not give them precisely what they wanted, then those people did not deserve to live. The only just world, in their minds, was a world they were the center of. ...”

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/cultur...c-masculinity/
    Last edited by KC; 24-04-2018 at 05:45 PM.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I saw those tweets early in news search. There’s other significant differences between those tweets. The tone ramped up considerably between the two.

Compare them.
    Actually, the more "ramped up" tweet was the first one posted. Which is most likely why it got retweeted far more. But sure, let's just say that everyone on Twitter is racist instead!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    I saw those tweets early in news search. There’s other significant differences between those tweets. The tone ramped up considerably between the two.

Compare them.
    Actually, the more "ramped up" tweet was the first one posted. Which is most likely why it got retweeted far more. But sure, let's just say that everyone on Twitter is racist instead!
    Really! Sorry I thought the first shown tweet was the first tweet. I guess I did a poor job of comparing them.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Add my screw up here

Toronto van attack coverage has been plagued by fake news, screw-ups and lies - Macleans.ca

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/t...-ups-and-lies/
    Last edited by KC; 24-04-2018 at 05:51 PM.

C2E SME

envaneo would do well to read this article: http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/t...-ups-and-lies/

Many dubious and unverified claims have come from those eager to ascribe an ethnicity, religion and motive to Minassian.
    Nice to see The Rebel and it's various "reporters" trying to stir up ethnic and religious animus as soon as they possibly could.
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 24-04-2018 at 05:53 PM.

I just posted the same thing. All I know is that I’d make a ****-poor reporter. (Can’t even read tweet order)

Plus, sounds like a lot of reporters should be fired:

Excerpts:

“Some people were confused by the name of the alleged perpetrator, Alek Minassian, a 25-year-old from Richmond Hill, Ont. In attempting to glean any info about the suspect, some reporters found the Facebook profile of Alex Minassian—who, coincidentally, is another young man from Richmond Hill. The latter Minassian and those close to him were apparently hounded by news media, prompting him to clarify on Facebook, “Not me. No connection. NBC, ABC, CBC, stop harassing my friends and family.” “

“Many dubious and unverified claims have come from those eager to ascribe an ethnicity, religion and motive to Minassian. Faith Goldy, who was fired by The Rebel after appearing on a podcast affiliated with a neo-Nazi website last year, rushed to livestream from the scene yesterday. “I’m at Yonge and Finch, which has become a scene to what folks are now calling a terrorist attack on the streets of Toronto,” she said....”

http://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/t...-ups-and-lies/
    Last edited by KC; 24-04-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Aforementioned above...

Not only are most mass murderers male but also most dictators, war criminals, despots and genocidal killers.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Compare them.
    I was on live CBC, trust me, both men and women were being racist on there. They did know the name and the fact the man was white and hour before CBC...but that didnt matter to some. It was nice to see good posts from the US and the UK though

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4633057

Why some 'incels' are celebrating accused in Toronto van attack

Who needs ISIS...sheesh!

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4633057

Who needs ISIS...sheesh!
    Hmm. It’s hard to understand why on earth they’d be involuntarily celibate.

A quote from that article. Again astrology and horoscopes come to mind.

“...

The other thing that I just read in that Facebook thing from Minassian — he says that "we will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys." Can you tell us what that's in reference to?

So Chads are cisgendered heterosexual men who are muscular, conventionally attractive, hot. They get whoever they want.

Stacy is someone who pretends to be virtuous and pure in front of an incel and won't touch an incel, but the minute a Stacy meets a Chad, then she will have sex.

Have you seen people responding within those communities to yesterday's attack?

I've seen actually a lot of discussion. It's just hard to parse how much people are saying things to be trolls [or] how much they mean it.

One reaction is that it's a faked attack, or it's fake that he's an incel and it's used to blemish the name of incels.

...”

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/asithappens/...tack-1.4633057
    Last edited by KC; 25-04-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Hmm. It’s hard to understand why on earth they’d be involuntarily celibate.
    They are a bunch of men, losers, who can't get laid. So they talk about doing awful things to women, that dating a 14 year old should be allowed, instructions on how to scare them, by stalking them. Their forums are something else, no wonder they were kicked off reddit for posting about rape, and much worse. They predict 10 more of these attacks by the end of the year..it's all out there, and nothing like what MSM would have you believe..
    Yes, they mention Chad and Stacy's, but when there is an attack, like this last one, normies will get hurt(??)
    Like I said, who needs Isis?

Just another case of undeveloped mental capacity coming together and feeding off itself. My guess is that some or many of them are the usual guys that are narcissistic and incapable of empathetic thought.
    Last edited by KC; 25-04-2018 at 09:40 AM.

Just another case of undeveloped mental capacity coming together and feeding off itself.
    Yes, of course. It is worrying to know, how they have been encouraged by this last attack..

In China, there are millions more of men than women because of the one child policy.

Looks like men over there can control themselves.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

It's the same mindset that calls feminists man-haters. That women should only be stay at home moms. That the man must be the head of the household. That women's primary place in life is to a wife and mother. That men must be the leaders in all things.

It's the philosophy of men that cannot accept women as equals.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    In China, there are millions more of men than women because of the one child policy.

Looks like men over there can control themselves.
    The men in this group, cannot handle being turned down. Or they are upset, that only the 'ugly' ones will respond to them..
    I'd have some empathy for them, if it wasn't for the fact they think women should be raped or should die over it..

I'd say that it's more the philosophy of men who can't take personal responsibility for their own inability to make friends or find a partner.

Maybe all those years of participant ribbons made them expect that someone would take pity on them?
    There can only be one.

What a difference between two countries.

Canada shows the world the right way to face up to evil

Like other large, diverse democracies, Canada has learned that it is not immune to random atrocities. Four years ago, a gunman walked into Parliament in Ottawa, hunting politicians. He murdered a guard before he was killed.

What was striking in Monday's van attack, which killed 10 people and injured 14, was the public response: a mix of shock and incredulity tempered by reserve and order. Politicians of all stripes were calm. The media was careful. The police were disciplined. And the people were unfazed.

Instead of hysteria, accusation and anger, there were sorrow and sympathy. No xenophobic calls for vigilantism or limits on freedom. It was an extraordinary exercise in restraint -- a particularly Canadian response.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/opini...hen/index.html

If you look at incel ravings against "Chad" and "Stacy", and compare these with what conservatives say about "Justin", it's almost the same, word for word.

And, really, it's the same -- loss of power and control, and the vast anger of the impotent.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

As a man ("I can change if I have to, i guess.") what keeps me well grounded is I have hobbies, a job and a social support network that keeps me busy. The world owes me nothing.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

The thing is, one woman -- just one woman -- is enough to move a man from incel to normie. For good.

And that is a scary thought. For it shows just how little it can take to unhinge the human male.

I don't mean to say most are unhinged; obviously the terribly vast majority are not. But considering the harms, even the small percentage of incels that exists is rather frightening.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    What a difference between two countries.

Canada shows the world the right way to face up to evil

Like other large, diverse democracies, Canada has learned that it is not immune to random atrocities. Four years ago, a gunman walked into Parliament in Ottawa, hunting politicians. He murdered a guard before he was killed.

What was striking in Monday's van attack, which killed 10 people and injured 14, was the public response: a mix of shock and incredulity tempered by reserve and order. Politicians of all stripes were calm. The media was careful. The police were disciplined. And the people were unfazed.

Instead of hysteria, accusation and anger, there were sorrow and sympathy. No xenophobic calls for vigilantism or limits on freedom. It was an extraordinary exercise in restraint -- a particularly Canadian response.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/24/opini...hen/index.html
    Yeah right. I don’t think we are any different than anywhere else except in the degree and numbers involved expressing one or other opinion. The speed at which the guy was identified and false stories therefore quashed probably reduced the rest of the usual crap that goes on. Moreover, we’ve seen this mass murder stuff happening everywhere else so that too is another influence. We’re already somewhat resigned to the fact that there’s a whole lot of people out there that have degenerate mental conditions.

Moreover, this kind of murderous insanity goes way back. To Montreal or further back in time.

1989:

École Polytechnique massacre - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/École_...nique_massacre

Regarding this particular van attack, we still don’t know for sure what the motive was. Do we? We’ve just jumped on the weirder/weirdest aspect of the man and assumed that that was his reason.
    Last edited by KC; 25-04-2018 at 01:50 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

That's a sobering thought

Unhinge, good word.

I imagine there are a lot of icels out there are in that category through no fault of their own. Men that are disabled for example. Having scoliosis with metal rods in my spine, doesn't make me eye appealing to the opposite gender. I can appreciate that. I could have gone incel at one time. I know guys walking around the City on 2 crutches. One of my friends has a gimpt up foot and boobs up and down when he's walking. These people (by their own admission) use hookers. I've never used a hooker in my life, nor have I ever been in jail.

I just hope that now the term incel is out there because of this, we don't get any copy cat incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    The thing is, one woman -- just one woman -- is enough to move a man from incel to normie. For good.

And that is a scary thought. For it shows just how little it can take to unhinge the human male.

I don't mean to say most are unhinged; obviously the terribly vast majority are not. But considering the harms, even the small percentage of incels that exists is rather frightening.
    It’s likely an accumulation of factors bringing the guys to the point of madness, though for some it’s just a continuation of bad behaviour going way back into their youths. Whether some sort of sexist beliefs provided this guy with some means of rationalizing his actions will have to be determined.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    That's a sobering thought

Unhinge, good word.

I imagine there are a lot of icels out there are in that category through no fault of their own. Men that are disabled for example. Having scoliosis with metal rods in my spine, doesn't make me eye appealing to the opposite gender. I can appreciate that. I could have gone incel at one time. I know guys walking around the City on 2 crutches. One of my friends has a gimpt up foot and boobs up and down when he's walking. These people (by their own admission) use hookers. I've never used a hooker in my life, nor have I ever been in jail.

I just hope that now the term incel is out there because of this, we don't get any copy cat incidents.
    Copy cat incidents. This may have already been one. If the two are actually connected, it just makes the entire group look like hormone-driven-imbeciles. They have a choice in life and the vast majority choose to try to live a good life. Life isn’t fair to millions upon millions of people - half or more of them women - and few of them seek to create even more innocent victims because of their own difficulties. Doing so is a sign of an irrational mind.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4167272/i...edium=Facebook

“I will have one celebratory beer for every victim that turns out to be a young woman between 18-35,” another user said.

“More trucks of peace,” one so-called incel commented, presumably referencing the rental van used in the massacre.
    “I don’t have a good enough weapon,” another poster said. “Neither did this guy, get a car you cuck!” a fellow incel replied.
    Wow, just wow..

As a man ("I can change if I have to, i guess.") what keeps me well grounded is I have hobbies, a job and a social support network that keeps me busy. The world owes me nothing.
    What these men seem to lack, is empathy. Growing up, my father, my brother, now my sons all respected women. It isn't like my sons didnt have a hard time dating at times, but they had respect for women, and they grew up knowing empathy. I dont think these guys do..if they volunteered , or kept busy instead of feeding off one another, this group wouldnt have time for hated and self pity.

It's also a time, when we have so many single parents, mostly women, I do think a male is need in a boys life.

Even with two parents, some parents are very eager to hand their children off to daycare , they are being brought up by strangers really. I dont think anyone that does have daycare is bad parent, not at all, I just think if you want children, maybe take some time to be with them..my son had to change his work hours, because he simply wasn't seeing enough of his family...

Regarding this particular van attack, we still don’t know for sure what the motive was. Do we? We’ve just jumped on the weirder/weirdest aspect of the man and assumed that that was his reason.
    Usually a FB page, just before his act of terror, is a damn good indication of where his mind was at..imnsho
    Last edited by H.L.; 25-04-2018 at 02:22 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Copy cat incidents as in the shape of things to come.

How many more time bomb incel's are out there? The entire group (imho) are border line hormone driven imbeciles, indicated by H.L.'s first quote above #2306 is an example.

As soon as we attach a mental illness stigma to extreme incel's, it opens the door to become not criminally responsible for their actions. It could set a president. This is erroneous because it sends the wrong message to incel's that might believe Minassian will be a somewhat of a myrtar to their warped and misguided cause. Maybe even author some kind of sick manifesto to inspire. I could go on but I'm kind of rushed right now.
    Last edited by envaneo; 25-04-2018 at 11:44 PM.

Ironic that a school mate interviewed on tv said the guy would act like a cat in school. One expert said it was just a failed strategy to fit in.

I see it as basically poor social skills and a lack of comprehension of what social skills actually are. Falling back on a failed or failing strategy that maybe once worked (making other kids laugh) but like telling the same joke over and over it just gets seen as weird. Basically a dogmatic belief and behaviour.

“Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results”

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/23/same/
    Last edited by KC; 25-04-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Copy cat incidents as in the shape of things to come.

How many more time bomb incel's are out there? The entire group (imho) are border line hormone driven imbeciles, indicated by H.L.'s first quote above #2306 is an example.

As soon as we attach a mental illness stigma to extreme incel's, it opens the door to become not criminally responsible for their actions. It could set a president. This is erroneous because it sends the wrong message to incel's that might believe
    Minassian
    will be a somewhat of a myrtar to their warped and misguided cause. Maybe even author some kind of sick manifesto to inspire. I could go on but I'm kind of rushed right now.
    It is what it is. It shouldn’t be downplayed - or hyped.

Aggression in the form of violence is mental illness in my view but because so many if not all men are prone to it no one would ever want to call a spade a spade. In the past though social groups were more balanced and mass murder style aggression came out of small ideological groups like political and religious leadership, village leadership, rebellion leaders, gangs, etc. Now however we have the internet bringing every form of thinking together into new hateful philosophies with groups with critical mass. Thousands of little Hitlers filling the Internet.

Israel strikes Iranian targets in Syria in response to rocket fire - BBC News

Excerpt:

“Israel says it has struck almost all of Iran's military infrastructure in Syria following an Iranian rocket attack.

The Israeli military said 20 rockets were fired at its positions in the occupied Golan Heights overnight.

It responded by launching what a spokesman called "one of the broadest aerial operations in recent years".

There was no immediate comment from Iran, whose deployment of troops to Syria to back the government in the country's civil war has alarmed Israel.

Iran has repeatedly called for an end to the existence of the Jewish state.

Israel's military had been anticipating an attack by Iranian forces after reportedly carrying out a number of strikes on their facilities in Syria in recent months. They included one on an airbase in April that killed seven Iranian troops....”

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44063022

Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; 10-05-2018 at 06:43 AM.

Deleted

No tolerance for the Christian minority???

ISIS family bombs churches, kills 11 as Indonesia’s Christian community terrorised

“A wave of bomb attacks on Indonesian churches that killed 13 people and injured 41 one of the worst attacks on the country’s Christian community, was carried out by a couple and their four children who were deported from Turkey after trying to join the Islamic State caliphate in Syria, police said last night.”

“This is a crime against humanity and has nothing to do with religion. We must unite to fight against terrorism,” he said.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...0cda604f9b8b69
    Last edited by KC; 13-05-2018 at 08:35 AM.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    If you look at incel ravings against "Chad" and "Stacy", and compare these with what conservatives say about "Justin", it's almost the same, word for word.

And, really, it's the same -- loss of power and control, and the vast anger of the impotent.
    Let's be a bit more fair, shall we?

These sentiments are the same for pretty much any group that feels disenfranchised with a hint of revolutionary tendencies...whether it is a loss of power or a feeling that they've never had it.

Regardless, the words are no less concerning.
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Went to the 104ST market today and was shocked to see that all entry/ exit points to the 'blocked' off streets had no hardened structures to prevent an attack/ accidental truck driving through the entire market and wiping people out.
    All it would take is to park some trucks at the entry/ exits points to block a vehicular attack. Why on earth had this not been thought about by either the market organizers or EPS ?????????????

Any time I've ever been there (not this year yet) there have been big vendor trucks at each end of the arms of "cross" of the market layout.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Hilarious!

Someday we’ll all wake up dead but until then at least we can have a good laugh over how often we laughed in the face of death.

Air Force troops took LSD, snorted coke while guarding nukes in Wyoming

“The acid ring, which began in 2015, was exposed in March 2016 but the details have not been publicized until now. It was composed of airmen from the 90th Missile Wing, which operates one-third of the 400 Minuteman 3 missiles that are “on alert” 24/7 and stored in underground silos across the northern Great Plains.

One of the service members, Airman 1st Class Tommy Ashworth, said at his court-martial that he felt “paranoia, panic” for hours during his acid trip.

“I didn’t know if I was going to die that night or not,” he testified.

Harris pleaded guilty to using and distributing LSD and using ecstasy, cocaine and marijuana, telling a military judge, “I absolutely just loved altering my mind.” ...”

https://nypost.com/2018/05/24/airmen...uarding-nukes/

Chaplin should have said: forces of human nature:

“In the creation of comedy, it is paradoxical that tragedy stimulates the spirit of ridicule; because ridicule, I suppose is an attitude of defiance: we must laugh in the face of our helplessness against the forces of nature - or go insane
    Charlie Chaplin”

Dr. Strangelove
    Kong Rides the Bomb (1964)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snTaSJk0n_Y
    Last edited by KC; 24-05-2018 at 05:57 PM.

Wanna be scared?

Read Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident, and the Illusion of Safety

By Eric Schlosser about the history of nuclear weapons systems in the United States. Incidents Schlosser discusses in the book include the 1980 Damascus Titan missile explosion and the 1961 Goldsboro B-52 crash

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Wanna be scared?

Read Command and Control: Nuclear Weapons, the Damascus Accident, and the Illusion of Safety

By Eric Schlosser about the history of nuclear weapons systems in the United States. Incidents Schlosser discusses in the book include the 1980 Damascus Titan missile explosion and the 1961 Goldsboro B-52 crash
    Read it when it came out. My copy is still on loan. (Don’t watch the movie though. It left out all the interesting stuff.)

Same with Fast Food Nation. Movie was crap, book was great.

What could possibly go wrong?

59 years ago, a nuclear bomb was accidentally dropped on South Carolina

[IMG]https://hips.htvapps.com/htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/images/mars-bluff-bomb-1489440280.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.989xh;0,0&resize=900: *[/IMG]

The captain of the aircraft accidentally pulled an emergency release pin in response to a fault light in the cabin, and a Mark 4 nuclear bomb, weighing more than 7,000 pounds, dropped, forcing the bomb bay doors open. The bomb, which lacked an armed nuclear core, plunged 15,000 feet to the ground below.

Two sisters, 6 and 9 years old, and their 9-year old cousin, were playing in the woods, about 200 yards from a playhouse their father, who had been a World War II paratrooper, had built for them.

When the bomb hit, its 6,000 pounds of conventional explosives detonated, leaving a crater about 70 feet wide and 35 feet deep. The three children and the parents of the two sisters all suffered minor injuries in the explosion which damaged seven nearby buildings, including the home.

http://www.wyff4.com/article/59-year...rolina/9127564
    And how war was averted by the actions of one man.

Russian officer who prevented nuclear disaster in 1983

It was 15 minutes after midnight when the sirens at the Champignon on that September night went on.

"One, two, five rockets. When there is more than two, the computer called it a nuclear missile attack," Petrov recalled.

He had to confirm the attack on the phone and push the red panic button that would trigger alarms throughout Soviet missile installations.

Tens of thousands of military officers and soldiers would have to get ready and target their missiles and wait for a command from Andropov.

But the satellite signal did not detect "tails", or visible traces of flying missiles. The scope of the attack also seemed illogical - the US would not start a nuclear annihilation of the USSR with just five missiles, Petrov thought.

Meanwhile, Soviet ground-based radars didn't detect any signals - and he decided the system had malfunctioned.

"I understood the signal was wrong and yelled, 'False alarm! False alarm!'" he said. "I made a decision not to believe the computer."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/...031911163.html

Fascinating foreign coverage and involvement. (Maybe tourists or dual citizenship Canadians were injured.)

No evidence yet of terrorism yet that’s what it’s being called by an official. (I suppose it just shows how some people just have that mindset, tendency, vested interest or maybe even educated insight in labelling certain things as terrorism.)

Toronto blast LIVE Updates: No evidence at this stage to term incident as ‘terrorist attack or hate crime’, says Police | The Indian Express

Punjab CM Amarinder Singh condemns Toronto blast
    Punjab Chief Minister Amarinder Singh has condemned the blast at an Indian restaurant in Canada's Ontario province in which at least 15 people were injured. Expressing pain and shock over the incident, Singh said that the dastardly attack on innocent people was unjustifiable and unpardonable, and underscored the gravity of the problem of terrorism. “

"The incident, which comes just a month after 10 pedestrians were mowed to death by a van driver in Toronto, has once again highlighted the global dimensions of terrorism," Singh said in a statement here.

He said that it shows that no nation was immune or safe from this menace. The chief minister expressed concern over the fact that the blast was targeted at an Indian restaurant, which was frequented mainly by the large Indian community in the area.

http://indianexpress.com/article/wor...-toll-5190432/

Explosion in Toronto suburban restaurant wounds 15 people | The Japan Times

“Hours after the incident, the Indian consulate in Toronto tweeted it had opened a help line for those seeking assistance following the explosion. Vikas Swarup, India’s High Commissioner to Canada, tweeted that India’s Consul General in Toronto visited the injured in the hospital. He also said that the three Indian-Canadians who were reported to be critically injured are stable.

The restaurant describes itself online as an authentic, yet casual, Indian dining experience. Police said the plaza would be sealed off all night. ...”

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/20.../#.Wwg1UBbF2Ec
    Last edited by KC; 25-05-2018 at 11:12 AM.

Once again, US or US backed forces attack a hospital.

Yemen: Airstrike hits MSF cholera treatment center in Abs

A newly constructed cholera treatment center run by the international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Abs, Yemen, was hit by an airstrike Monday at approximately 5:40 am.

“This morning's attack on an MSF cholera treatment center (CTC) by the Saudi and Emirati-led coalition (SELC) shows complete disrespect for medical facilities and patients. Whether intentional or a result of negligence, it is totally unacceptable. The compound was clearly marked as a health facility and its coordinates were shared with the SELC. With only half of health facilities in Yemen fully functional, nearly 10 million people in acute need, and an anticipated outbreak of cholera, the CTC had been built to save lives. MSF has temporarily frozen its activities in Abs until the safety of its staff and patients is guaranteed.”

https://www.doctorswithoutborders.or...ent-center-abs

On the state of the world:

Arab world stands with Riyadh in its opposition to Canada’s interference in Saudi affairs

“ ...“We cannot accept our laws and sovereignty becoming subject to pressure. Some countries believe that their diplomatic model and experience allows them to interfere in other’s affairs.” “

http://www.arabnews.com/node/1351841/saudi-arabia

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Until it suites their purposes

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

A newly constructed cholera treatment center run by the international medical humanitarian organization Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) in Abs, Yemen, was hit by an airstrike Monday at approximately 5:40 am.

“This morning's attack on an MSF cholera treatment center (CTC) by the Saudi and Emirati-led coalition (SELC) shows complete disrespect for medical facilities and patients. Whether intentional or a result of negligence, it is totally unacceptable. The compound was clearly marked as a health facility and its coordinates were shared with the SELC. With only half of health facilities in Yemen fully functional, nearly 10 million people in acute need, and an anticipated outbreak of cholera, the CTC had been built to save lives. MSF has temporarily frozen its activities in Abs until the safety of its staff and patients is guaranteed.”

Shhh, don't say that too loudly with the millions we're giving Saudi Arabia in our arms deal with them.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo
    Shhh, don't say that too loudly with the millions we're giving Saudi Arabia in our arms deal with them.

Not sure what you're trying to say here, but nothing is being "given" to Saudi Arabia in those arms deals. They're paying Canadian companies 15 billion for them, if memory serves. If that deal is canceled, that will mean the loss of hundreds of jobs in Canada, and Saudi Arabia will just buy similar vehicles elsewhere.

You could say the same thing about North Korea. Should we sell weapons to them as well? After all, they're getting Uranium from somewhere. Why not Canada?

It puts 3000 canadians out of work!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Not sure what you're trying to say here, but nothing is being "given" to Saudi Arabia in those arms deals. They're paying Canadian companies 15 billion for them, if memory serves. If that deal is canceled, that will mean the loss of hundreds of jobs in Canada, and Saudi Arabia will just buy similar vehicles elsewhere.
    Its called a contract to supply Saudi Arabia with arms.

Think of how many jobs we could create if we supplied arms to every two bit dictator! Syria seems like an ideal possibility. And the Taliban and ISIS would be great customers.

C2E SME

Its called a contract to supply Saudi Arabia with arms.
    Then why did you clearly imply that Canada was sending Saudi Arabia money?

C2E SME

You could say the same thing about North Korea. Should we sell weapons to them as well? After all, they're getting Uranium from somewhere. Why not Canada?
    Where in my post did I state an opinion in either direction on the issue? I was stating simple facts in response to a post that was clearly confused or incorrect.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Canada is not sending Saudi Arabia money. I'm not sure if I heard this correctly but it seems according to the news last night, that the arms deal to SA is suspended. Could the report mean this?

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ticle37727761/

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Think of how many jobs we could create if we supplied arms to every two bit dictator! Syria seems like an ideal possibility. And the Taliban and ISIS would be great customers.
    I like the way you said that

Where in my post did I state an opinion in either direction on the issue? I was stating simple facts in response to a post that was clearly confused or incorrect.
    You were stating that selling arms to Saudi Arabia meant hundreds of jobs in Canada. I was pointing out how we could multiply that if we sold ams to other totalitarian regimes that sponsor terrorism.

Trump and Saudi Arabia treat terrorism like Trump's mistresses. Pay them off and hope nobody finds out. Giving money to Al-Qaeda and letting them keep their arms and equipment, what could possibly go wrong?

Saudi-led coalition recruited hundreds of Al-Qaeda militants in Yemen, paid others to leave

"That’s because the coalition cut secret deals with al-Qaida fighters, paying some to leave key cities and towns and letting others retreat with weapons, equipment and wads of looted cash, an investigation by The Associated Press has found. Hundreds more were recruited to join the coalition itself.

These compromises and alliances have allowed al-Qaida militants to survive to fight another day – and risk strengthening the most dangerous branch of the terror network that carried out the 9-11 attacks. Key participants in the pacts said the U.S. was aware of the arrangements and held off on any drone strikes."

https://globalnews.ca/news/4373682/u...a-deals-yemen/

Interesting old trivia: some fake news from 2009:

9/11 terrorists came from Canada, McCain insists | The Star

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...n_insists.html

Saudi group apologises after airliner post resembling 9/11 | Canada News | Al Jazeera

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2018/...054738005.html

Osama Bin Laden's son apparently married 9/11 hijacker's daughter, reporter says - CBS News

“Hamza bin Laden, bin Laden's son who has vowed to avenge his father's death, has maintained a very low profile and has not been in contact with his family since his father was killed by U.S. Navy seals at his compound in Pakistan in 2011. However, Chulov said, relatives believe he has married the daughter of Mohamed Atta, one of the ringleaders of the 9/11 attacks.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/osama-b...ay-2018-08-04/

More “State of the World”:

Actor Steven Seagal made special US-Russia envoy - BBC News
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45074380

I figure this might be a spoof even tough it’s on BBC. Good old British humour maybe???

If Dennis Rodman was involved in US diplomacy with North Korea, Steven Seagal can be involved in US diplomacy with Russia.

Why not? They can't be any dumber than typical politicians.

Utterly, totally and 100% not acceptable.

Human Rights Watch: Palestinians crush dissent with torture

RAMALLAH, Palestinian Territory -- Security forces of the rival Palestinian governments routinely use torture and arbitrary arrests, among other tactics, to quash dissent by peaceful activists and political opponents, Human Rights Watch said Tuesday.

The charges came in a new report released by the New York-based watchdog, following a two-year investigation that included interviews with nearly 150 people, many of them ex-detainees. It accused both the Western-backed Palestinian Authority in the West Bank and the Islamic militant Hamas in Gaza of using "machineries of repression" to stifle criticism.

Human Rights Watch also said the systematic use of torture could amount to a crime against humanity under the United Nations' Convention against Torture, and called on countries that provide funding to Palestinian law enforcement to suspend their assistance.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/human-r...ture-1.4145870

Emmanuel Macron: Six held in 'attack' plot against French president - BBC News

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46114092

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324