Thread: 12th doctor on space at 6 pm

Default 12th doctor on space at 6 pm

Doctor Who is in 4 hours. Who's going to be watching and seeing how well this doctor will stack up from 10th and 11th?

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Magnoblade View Post
    Doctor Who is in 4 hours. Who's going to be watching and seeing how well this doctor will stack up from 10th and 11th?
    We're holding off to see it on the big screen on the 30th. Tickets for the 25th were sold out already.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Why would they screen this in a week when it comes out today that makes no sense whatsoever.

More than likely because the networks have the rights for first day. Also the first big screen showing is Monday so it's only a couple of days after. We're going the 30th because Monday was sold out.

Looks like it's showing in theatres today in the UK and limited theatres in the US. Wide release in the US on the 25th, same day as Canada. It will include a 7 minute prequel plus a behind the scenes feature afterwords.

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/deep-br...ally-64711.htm

Just finished watching it and im very torn on this new doctor mind you i was the same way with matt smith as my first doctor was david tennant.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Magnoblade View Post
    Why would they screen this in a week when it comes out today that makes no sense whatsoever.
    There was a theatre release of the premiere of the original Battlestar Galactica way back when, before it showed on TV. I believe it was only in Canada.

Edit: maybe it was after, according to Wikipedia. If I can find a movie ad, I'll post it.

2nd edit: Yep, it was in the theatres before its TV premiere:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...rontpage&hl=en (page A13)
    Last edited by TerryH; 23-08-2014 at 11:17 PM.

The BG movie was different than the TV release. One big one was that Baltar was killed in the movie but spared by the Cylons on TV.

A bit more time worn, a bit more Scottish, but still the Doctor. I enjoyed the episode

I've been avoiding the online conversations on the new episode until we see it but I suspect they're going something like this:

^omg Donna was terrible...

Donna was wonderful and an order of magnitude better than Amy Pond. Moffat has yet to give us a companion who is more than a paper cut out yet.

Donna was a great companion because she was the only one (since the show's rebirth) that didn't have the hots for the doctor. After watching last week's episode I have the feeling Clara might actually become a good sidekick now.

I thought that first episode was a whole lot of whatever. I like the new doctor, though. It looks like they are trying to give Capaldi the illusion of having a sinister edge - we saw him purposely lock Clara in the room with the villains (which made him look awful), but he revealed that he was always there and never actually left her. Also, we don't know if he pushed the half-face man out of the balloon out of malice (which makes him look awful) or as fulfilling a request (like an act of compassionate assisted suicide).

I didn't like that first episode, but I am intrigued to see where the series goes next.

Saw it on the big screen today. We got an extra intro of Strax video blogging about the history of the Doctor reviewing each one since the beginning that was fun. I thought the episode itself was decent Doctor Who episode. Not a great one but not a horrible one either. As for Capaldi, I liked him a lot and think there's a lot of potential there for some new ground. Clara might improve from here but I think she's more of bridge at this point from the Doctor to get his bearings again before he moves on.

Do the ep1 was decent, ep2 was weak, ep3 was better, and ep4 was pure, great, Moffat creepiness.

The last episode 'Listen' was great.

Im still having a hard time with this doctor. 10 and 11 seemed easier to get into this one is like dealing with a stuck gear that your trying to shift into.

Yeah, this doctor seems like he's pretty cranky and annoyed no matter what he's doing. He's not as "welcoming" as the last 2 guys.

Is it wrong that i wish the guy who is playing Sherlock should have been the doctor?

First episode of series nine has aired and it bodes well for the rest. It's big huge cliff hanger of an episode and don't think it missed anywhere. Capaldi seems to be hitting his stride as the 12th, Missy is back, Clara is taking charge, and we have the return of one ancient enemy. Looking forward to the rest of the season and also the Jenna Coleman session at Comic Expo next weekend. Should be fun watching people try to peel spoilers out of her.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Yeah, this doctor seems like he's pretty cranky and annoyed no matter what he's doing. He's not as "welcoming" as the last 2 guys.
    That's because he's Malcolm Tucker!

C2E Long Term Contributor
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I'm pleased Missy is back!