Thread: Faith No More to release first album in 18 years!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Default Faith No More to release first album in 18 years!

Big fan of FNM, one of my favorite albums of all time is 1992's Angel Dust. Even got it on vinyl as it was recently rereleased and it's fabulous. New album, not named yet, is supposed to be released in April 2015.

http://www.spin.com/articles/faith-n...******-single/

Hopefully it doesn't suck.

^hmmm, that puts a tune in my head, sign I'm getting old. Probably a sign they are running out of money, or not famous enough anymore to get the groupies or drugs they want, as well...

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    ^hmmm, that puts a tune in my head, sign I'm getting old. Probably a sign they are running out of money, or not famous enough anymore to get the groupies or drugs they want, as well...
    What an idiotic thing to say. Most of the members have continued to be active in music, and are probably doing just fine financially or groupie wise.

sign I'm getting old. Probably a sign they are running out of money, or not famous enough anymore to get the groupies or drugs they want
    Well, I'm not sure about the rest of the members but lead singer behind FNM, Mike Patton, has had an incredible varying music career working on many different projects. Granted, FNM was his biggest success but I'm sure he did ok while working on other stuff.

Yeah, my daughter was 1 year old when they officially disbanded in 1998. FNM could be considered dinosaur rock these days. Regardless, some kickarse music that has aged quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    What an idiotic thing to say.
    Really? So you don't like my opinion, fine, but what's bolded is pot calling kettle then re saying something about it, not everyone has to love every dinosaur band from my generation reuniting.

C2E SME

If you don't like the music, that's fine. I see no reason to bother coming in to a thread like this and posting a comment like you did, other than to get a rise out of people. Well, congratulations.

Also, keep in mind I said your comment was idiotic, not you.

If you don't like the music, that's fine. I see no reason to bother coming in to a thread like this and posting a comment like you did, other than to get a rise out of people. Well, congratulations.

That's just Moa. I've learned to take a lot of what he says not only with a grain of salt, but it's kind of a water-off-my-back sorta thing. And hey - if it wasn't for Moa, the thread still wouldn't have any replies!

I already have one member here on ignore, don't want to add anymore if I can help it. However, in the end, that's up to the poster and how much nonsense comes out of their yam (or fingers).

I said the same about yours, I suggest you lighten up a bit. I have good memories of faith no more, good luck to them. And if by some chance the new music is good, even better, I just have my doubts it will be, I'm sure the old songs will still sound good in concert though.
    Last edited by moahunter; 04-09-2014 at 02:52 PM.

If they were just after money, they would only reunite to play the old hits like Fleetwood Mac or something. They wouldn't bother investing time and money to record any new material.

But as Marcel Petrin said, they have all been active in other bands since the late 90s. they all stayed busy with their own things. The fact they are making new music together means they actually want to do it.