Thread: Ward 2 - Bev Esslinger

Default Ward 2 - Bev Esslinger

Do you think Bev Esslinger will be re-elected for a second term?

kinda early for this dont you think?

It's never too early to start working on a campaign if you're serious, but kinda early for throwing it out there.

Bev Esslinger is most likely to run again.

From past performance she enjoys the political world having been a school trustee, PC Candidate and now a Councilor.

In my highly biased personal opinion

Quote Originally Posted by zacharyweeks View Post
    The last time a sitting Council member was defeated was Councilor Mike Nickel by Don Iveson in 2007. The time before that was Mayor Bill Smith by Stephen Mandel in 2004.

Doesn't happen very often even despite the switch to single-councilor wards kindof uprooting everyone. Statistically, I guess, "yes" would be the answer.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I just really don't know her is all. What are her passions and interests? She's pretty quiet in my experience.

Addicted to C2E

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zacharyweeks View Post
    The last time a sitting Council member was defeated was Councilor Mike Nickel by Don Iveson in 2007. The time before that was Mayor Bill Smith by Stephen Mandel in 2004.

Doesn't happen very often even despite the switch to single-councilor wards kindof uprooting everyone. Statistically, I guess, "yes" would be the answer.
    ...which doesn't mean you shouldn't run against an incumbent. Knack, Loken, McKeen, Caterina, Henderson, and Sohi were all losers of previous council elections, and in many cases, multiple elections.

C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

Oh yes, there's a benefit to practicing your campaigning technique if you want a career in civic politics. Then when the incumbents resigns, you're in a good position to be a credible candidate against the flood of other candidates who run in those conditions.

Eve

C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

As to her being quiet, it's not that common for councillors to appear on the news a lot unless there are particular issues (McKeen and downtown and north downtown issues, for instance). I just looked at her website and it seems she communicates that way rather than via mailouts. You could contact her directly if you have a concern.

Eve