Thread: A Price Comparison from Athens

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default A Price Comparison from Athens

Hey all, the below link details Line 4 in Athens. For 1.2 billion euro, the underground, 12.5 km line is estimated to carry 220k passangers per day.

I personally can't wait. I usually end up living near pangrati so that stop will be awesome!

http://ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_art...09/2014_543219
    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

The misses and I where in Athens a few years ago and were impressed with the Metro to & from the airport.
    I'm having people over later to stare at their phones,if you want to drop by

Maybe we should open an account here.

"Chrysochoidis said the European Investment Bank’s recent decision to help fund the project had made it possible. “The EIB knows it can trust us,” said the minister. The lender is providing 800 million euros of the funding needed. The rest will come from the European Union and national coffers."
    http://ekathimerini.com/4dcgi/_w_art...09/2014_543219

Greece does have about 30% unemployment, which does reduce costs. This is also another reason why they are proceeding with this project to employ more people.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Greece does have about 30% unemployment, which does reduce costs. This is also another reason why they are proceeding with this project to employ more people.
    In the case of this future line, yes.

It would be interesting to look at the costs of the Blue and Red line which were built when Athens was still awash in the pre-Olympic fervor.

That said, a further points of cost comparison is the trickiness of dealing with the Euro within local economies.
    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.