Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,800 of 1851

Thread: JW Marriott Hotel & Residences | 192.2 m, 630', 56 floors | under construction

From west on 104 Avenue it does look like the tallest, but maybe just perception.
    www.decl.org

I'm on the north edge of the city coming back from Fort Saskatchewan, and the columns on the current floor is indeed taller than Manulife.

Interesting that the podium glazing is using the green spandrel that matches the CoE tower.

Transition between this tower and COE tower i would assume. The same with the orange on the glazing to ease away from Stantec's podium.

C2E Continued Contributor

I took a look from Nait today. I would say it's a few meters short of Epcor's spires.

How much taller does it have left to be built vertically?

Quote Originally Posted by PunjabiOil View Post
    How much taller does it have left to be built vertically?
    I believe approximately 50 meters more.

First One is Always Free

Coming down 98 Ave you can tell that the Marriot is just shy of Manulife. It's so close though, and such an incredible view

Ice Districts instagram is mentioning of "Big news" next week relating to the JW. I think we all know what that means.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BauSNt9D...by=icedistrict
    Last edited by S3RI3S; 27-10-2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Added link

Give us a 360 degree gigapixel pano from the new highest point please

C2E Long Term Contributor

^^bingo. I love the look of this tower more and more.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Im gonna call it now and say we have a new tallest building in Edmonton.

Well double post.. but now its official JW has surpassed epcor!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbDbURij...by=icedistrict

How many more floors till this bad boy gets topped off?

10 or so.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by S3RI3S View Post

Missed that. Whoop-de-do, whoop-de-do! (No sarcasm font.)

Here is an image i took today on 104 ave of the changing streetscape. Can see the impact JW is having even now. Taken on the one and only LG G3 camera. Sorry for the sideways image.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Also interesting is the wood support structure perched on the roof of the Edmonton Tower - looks like a 10 year old slapped it together.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post

Also interesting is the wood support structure perched on the roof of the Edmonton Tower - looks like a 10 year old slapped it together.
    Yea that's not on the Edmonton tower. It's a flying deck on Stantec with wooden temp rails...

I see that now - not CoE Tower. My mistake.

Anyone wanna put bet that COE and ICE will sell out and throw a mini rollercoaster on top of this bad boy?

pic for attention.

Photo on the left, just peeking overtop of Stantec in the foreground.

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

Ummmm....

So in two pictures, one doesn't even have the JW Marriot in it at all, and the other has just a tiny tiny sliver showing. Yet is in the JW Marriot thread??

He has to be trolling us...right?

Oh my.

The photo is a single capture of two photos that were combined with the comment specifically speaking to the JW peeking overtop.
    www.decl.org

If you say so...I still think your photography skills suck.

Add me to the chorus of discontent towards Ian's peek-a-boo Where's Waldo shots.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Add me to the chorus of discontent towards Ian's peek-a-boo Where's Waldo shots.
    Ian doesn't think he's done anything wrong & as someone who displays both sociopathic & narcissistic personality traits in spades, his own opinion is the only one that matters & is likely the only one he can figuratively wrap his mind around.

Ian gonna Ian, that's all he can do & as Ian feels Ian is the paragon of people & a scion of appropriate taste & opinion, Ian being Ian is a service he deigns to provide to us, the great heathen masses. So we should be grateful he even bothers to share his efforts with us.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Ian doesn't think he's done anything wrong & as someone who displays both sociopathic & narcissistic personality traits in spades, his own opinion is the only one that matters & is likely the only one he can figuratively wrap his mind around.

Ian gonna Ian, that's all he can do & as Ian feels Ian is the paragon of people & a scion of appropriate taste & opinion, Ian being Ian is a service he deigns to provide to us, the great heathen masses. So we should be grateful he even bothers to share his efforts with us.
    Do you speak with this much hyperbole in person? The people in your social circle must be extremely empathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Moodib View Post
    Do you speak with this much hyperbole in person? The people in your social circle must be extremely empathetic.
    Is this your high-brow attempt at "you must be fun at parties"?

My social circle is quite fine, thanks. Hence why I have better things to do after work & on weekends than post on the forums.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Keep on topic people. The back and forth bickering does nothing constructive for those hundreds of us in the middle that neither care about your opinions on the posts of others nor the photos posted.

It is a public forum. Either ignore each other, or don't be involved in it.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

You know you can use the ignore feature too, or just scroll past.

Preachy meta-commentary isn't exactly the paragon of posting quality either & it's not like you're saying anything all of us don't already know.But hey, at least you got to condescend & feel superior, so you've got that going for you which is nice.

*billmurraycaddyshackmeme.gif*

Preachy meta-commentary isn't exactly the paragon of posting quality either & it's not like you're saying anything all of us don't already know.But hey, at least you got to condescend & feel superior, so you've got that going for you which is nice.

*billmurraycaddyshackmeme.gif*
    Nah, no sense of superiority. In fact I'm on this board to learn. Most of the time I value your input because you do have things to say that help me learn about things like property acquisitions and a good sense of humor too, same goes for lots of other people on here that I agree/disagree with. However, it doesn't lend you any credence to viciously attack another member for posting redundant photos and attacking his character when you've likely never met the guy. That's where the line gets drawn on forum conduct typically.

Nothing personal, I'm just saying this stuff almost got the forum shut down a year ago. I'd rather see the lot of ya just ignore each other. There's stuff that bugs me that I turn a blind eye to all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    Nothing personal, I'm just saying this stuff almost got the forum shut down a year ago. I'd rather see the lot of ya just ignore each other. There's stuff that bugs me that I turn a blind eye to all the time.
    This site's been going downhill almost the entirety of it's decade-plus period online. There used to be a bunch of people with diverse views, different goals & a common love of Edmonton, but then the Downtown Uber Alles contingent (myself included, at the time) managed to shout them down, bum them out & run them off the site. Then I had the gall to break with the hivemind on a singular issue & was cast out like a pariah from the Cool Kids Club & the veil was lifted from my eyes.

I may have had next-to-no personal interactions with Ian offline (thank the maker), but I've interacted with him thousands of times over the course of a decade online. That's plenty for me to feel secure in my personal analysis & evaluation of him, his posts, his rhetoric, his views & his behaviours. It's not a snap judgement & it's not actually meant as an "attack", though I freely admit my own opinions of Ian are hardly glowing.

Yeah I dunno, I just take a back seat on the board. The thing to remember is it's going downhill is a matter of perspective. Most people who are on here are here by an inquisitive nature. They are fascinated with developments in the city and it offers a place to debate sports and politics. I can hardly fault anyone for being passionate. I just would rather not see the ol' girl get shut down because I'd have nothing of interest to read while sitting on the shitter.

This site's been going downhill almost the entirety of it's decade-plus period online. There used to be a bunch of people with diverse views, different goals & a common love of Edmonton, but then the Downtown Uber Alles contingent (myself included, at the time) managed to shout them down, bum them out & run them off the site. Then I had the gall to break with the hivemind on a singular issue & was cast out like a pariah from the Cool Kids Club & the veil was lifted from my eyes.

I may have had next-to-no personal interactions with Ian offline (thank the maker), but I've interacted with him thousands of times over the course of a decade online. That's plenty for me to feel secure in my personal analysis & evaluation of him, his posts, his rhetoric, his views & his behaviours. It's not a snap judgement & it's not actually meant as an "attack", though I freely admit my own opinions of Ian are hardly glowing.
    Dude...cannot understand why you continue to be on this forum when you despise it so much and the people on it. It is very clear from your posts that you have the biggest chip on your shoulder about Ian. Not only here but elsewhere on other forums. You never seem to miss an opportunity to jump on the band wagon to add your condemnations over and over. It is getting so old...

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by edmguy111 View Post

Dude...cannot understand why you continue to be on this forum when you despise it so much and the people on it. It is very clear from your posts that you have the biggest chip on your shoulder about Ian. Not only here but elsewhere on other forums. You never seem to miss an opportunity to jump on the band wagon to add your condemnations over and over. It is getting so old...
    we're all getting old, some of us further and faster than others...

and i'm not sure about you but it still beats the only other alternative i'm aware of.

the problem here isn't growing old, it's dealing with growing old.

on one hand, our view of the world and our place in it as the centre of all things that is immortal and that can do no wrong that we have when we're 13 usually turns in to a broader appreciation of the world and our small place in it as we grow older.

on the other hand, our view of others who have not yet developed the empathy and humility that is usually acquired with age usually turns to one of greater forgiveness and a greater ability to look past what we cannot change as we grow older.

and when the two meet it's like watching a blood sport in the coliseum in ancient rome where the crown of thorns goes to the one who can beat their particular dead horse the longest.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

For the record, I appreciate Ian's photographic contributions to C2E for the most part. I only have a problem when he posts a pic of a building that you have to squint to see or is obscured behind another building. I think he should realize that most of us don't give a rats about "perspective". Such pics would better suited to a thread based on the changing skyline per se, not in the threads on each individual buildings. I hope that is constructive criticism he can listen to and not take as bashing him.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Dude...cannot understand why you continue to be on this forum when you despise it so much and the people on it.
    Incorrect.

It is very clear from your posts that you have the biggest chip on your shoulder about Ian. Not only here but elsewhere on other forums.
    I restrict my calling-out of Ian to this forum. He's free to chill out & spew his rhetoric with impunity on the other forums where the narrative & rhetoric are more tightly controlled & closer to his own.

You never seem to miss an opportunity to jump on the band wagon to add your condemnations over and over. It is getting so old...
    Likewise, you never seem to miss an opportunity to do to me what I do to Ian, making you just as bad as me! Or a hypocrite.

Dude...cannot understand why you continue to be on this forum when you despise it so much and the people on it.
    Incorrect.

It is very clear from your posts that you have the biggest chip on your shoulder about Ian. Not only here but elsewhere on other forums.
    I restrict my calling-out of Ian to this forum. He's free to chill out & spew his rhetoric with impunity on the other forums where the narrative & rhetoric are more tightly controlled & closer to his own.

You never seem to miss an opportunity to jump on the band wagon to add your condemnations over and over. It is getting so old...
    Likewise, you never seem to miss an opportunity to do to me what I do to Ian, making you just as bad as me! Or a hypocrite.
    Blah Blah Blah...really, you keep saying that about anyone who challenges you on your posts. if I was as relentless as you I would also have over 7,000 posts. as well. But hey...carry on...

Blah Blah Blah...really, you keep saying that about anyone who challenges you on your posts. if I was as relentless as you I would also have over 7,000 posts. as well. But hey...carry on...
    I'm nothing if not consistent.

Keep on being a hypocrite, keep getting called out on hypocrisy.

Keep on talking like a narcissist & sociopath in the development threads, keep getting called out on being a narcissist & sociopath.

Keep on talking like a racist, authoritarian, illiberal, regressive bigot in the political threads, keep getting called a racist, authoritarian, illiberal, regressive bigot.

I'm pretty happy with the path I'm on here, so I appreciate having your permission to carry on...

C2E Posting Power

Incorrect.

Haha....."Rhetoric" much? The only person that "spews" on here is YOU.

Apologies for the use of the word twice in the same sentence; poor form on my part. It's tough to keep my vocabulary in line while I'm multitasking forum posts with multiple job duties at work.

That being said, it really is the most apt word to describe Ian's posts.

For the record, I appreciate Ian's photographic contributions to C2E for the most part. I only have a problem when he posts a pic of a building that you have to squint to see or is obscured behind another building. I think he should realize that most of us don't give a rats about "perspective". Such pics would better suited to a thread based on the changing skyline per se, not in the threads on each individual buildings. I hope that is constructive criticism he can listen to and not take as bashing him.
    That's how I feel and told him such in my PM's. I appreciate the majority of his contributions. It's the odd full on C2Ian'isms like the last couple days that brutally contrast his normal fantastic contributions with severe asshattery, which I'm sadly starting to believe is the real Ian that comes out when he's offered resistance. Lacks humility. My gf's 13 year old is struggling with the same issue.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Is this your high-brow attempt at "you must be fun at parties"?

My social circle is quite fine, thanks. Hence why I have better things to do after work & on weekends than post on the forums.
    Not at all. I was asking whether you tell people they are narcissists and sociopaths on a regular basis in real life too? Pretty simple question. If not, you clearly like the protection that the internet offers you instead of dealing with the consequences that some of your comments would fetch in real life. Perhaps your social circle is a hive-mind circle of calling people names? How would we know? Your attitude on here definitely depicts that though.

While Ian has his shortcomings, it is kind of a two way street when you two interact with each other.

Not at all. I was asking whether you tell people they are narcissists and sociopaths on a regular basis in real life too? Pretty simple question.
    I've got plenty of experience with real-life, diagnosed & in-treatment sociopathic narcissists & while I'm not a mental health expert the correlation between their behaviours & Ian's is close enough for my warning lights to come on.

If not, you clearly like the protection that the internet offers you instead of dealing with the consequences that some of your comments would fetch in real life. Perhaps your social circle is a hive-mind circle of calling people names?
    Except I make no effort to hide myself or my identity online. Sure, I don't go by a handle that's directly related to my given name but even the most cursory search online or through my history will let you intuit my name, where I work, where I live, what I drive, where I hang out & so forth. I don't have anything to hide & happily will stand by anything I've said online.

How would we know? Your attitude on here definitely depicts that though.
    Just like Ian's attitude on here depicts him with a heavy degree of both sociopathy & narcissism. Sure, it doesn't mean he is one, but he's just as likely to be one as I am to be a general a-hole, what with our respective post counts & consistent tone & behaviour to go on.

While Ian has his shortcomings, it is kind of a two way street when you two interact with each other.
    Yeah, the difference is I don't attempt to speak for anyone but myself, whereas IanO has used his own personal opinions to speak for himself, his previous employer, DECL, the DBA, Edmonton as a whole, society in general, people in other countries & so forth when he continually displays that he lacks the empathy & understanding to put himself in anyone else's shoes much less purport to speak for them.

I'm nothing if not consistent.

Keep on being a hypocrite, keep getting called out on hypocrisy.

Keep on talking like a narcissist & sociopath in the development threads, keep getting called out on being a narcissist & sociopath.

Keep on talking like a racist, authoritarian, illiberal, regressive bigot in the political threads, keep getting called a racist, authoritarian, illiberal, regressive bigot.

I'm pretty happy with the path I'm on here, so I appreciate having your permission to carry on...
    ??? I think you have me mixed up with someone else dude...too funny...

Just think how quickly this would have been resolved if the initial offending party had gone "I'm sorry guys, I thought this was suitable but it seems like you all don't share that opinion. Won't happen again" vs doubling, tripling & quadrupling down that everyone who disagrees with him is wrong.

But I'm the bad guy.

No, I'm pretty sure I've got the right guy on a soapbox criticizing me for me criticizing someone else just like he's criticizing me without the slightest hint of self-awareness or irony.

Maybe you've got a similar hole in your introspective abilities to other posters. Might wanna work on that.

No, I'm pretty sure I've got the right guy on a soapbox criticizing me for me criticizing someone else just like he's criticizing me without the slightest hint of self-awareness or irony.

Maybe you've got a similar hole in your introspective abilities to other posters. Might wanna work on that.
    Yes, I am well aware of the irony and so what? I would think that everyone other than you would agree that you are relentless in your pursuit of all things Ian and your circular arguement really has no weight to dispel your continued arrogance. Even your little tag line on your posts says it all. Narcissist, racist, bigot in the political threads? Never been there and never posted there so, yes, as far as that is concerned, you have the wrong guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    That's how I feel and told him such in my PM's. I appreciate the majority of his contributions. It's the odd full on C2Ian'isms like the last couple days that brutally contrast his normal fantastic contributions with severe asshattery, which I'm sadly starting to believe is the real Ian that comes out when he's offered resistance. Lacks humility. My gf's 13 year old is struggling with the same issue.
    Wow didn't realize this continued in a separate thread. I would agree with all of this. I don't have an issue with him posting a photo. But the cross posting like SDM mentioned where the connection is so obscure is in no way a quality contribution if you ask me.

@IanO if you love the perspectives and photos and angles of buildings filling in gaps perhaps start an individual thread where you can connect all the dots. "Edmonton's City and How it is Growing" or something along those lines.

Narcissist, racist, bigot in the political threads? Never been there and never posted there so, yes, as far as that is concerned, you have the wrong guy.
    Did I say or imply all three of my call-outs were to the same person? Nope.

Let me make it a bit more clear:

I've got zero problems calling you a hypocrite, IanO a narcissist or MrOilers a bigot based solely upon the way you've all chosen to present yourselves.

Better?

C2E Hard Core Contributor

...& was cast out like a pariah from the Cool Kids Club....

Good one.

' Top_Dawg begins twerking to Echosmith . '

today...

^ totally nailed it !

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Good one.

For all the grief you get over your schtick, I must applaud you for having a level of commitment & self-awareness that very few of our fellow posters can boast.

You keep on being you, Dawg.

Not at all. I was asking whether you tell people they are narcissists and sociopaths on a regular basis in real life too? Pretty simple question.
    I've got plenty of experience with real-life, diagnosed & in-treatment sociopathic narcissists & while I'm not a mental health expert the correlation between their behaviours & Ian's is close enough for my warning lights to come on.

If not, you clearly like the protection that the internet offers you instead of dealing with the consequences that some of your comments would fetch in real life. Perhaps your social circle is a hive-mind circle of calling people names?
    Except I make no effort to hide myself or my identity online. Sure, I don't go by a handle that's directly related to my given name but even the most cursory search online or through my history will let you intuit my name, where I work, where I live, what I drive, where I hang out & so forth. I don't have anything to hide & happily will stand by anything I've said online.

How would we know? Your attitude on here definitely depicts that though.
    Just like Ian's attitude on here depicts him with a heavy degree of both sociopathy & narcissism. Sure, it doesn't mean he is one, but he's just as likely to be one as I am to be a general a-hole, what with our respective post counts & consistent tone & behaviour to go on.

Yeah, the difference is I don't attempt to speak for anyone but myself, whereas IanO has used his own personal opinions to speak for himself, his previous employer, DECL, the DBA, Edmonton as a whole, society in general, people in other countries & so forth when he continually displays that he lacks the empathy & understanding to put himself in anyone else's shoes much less purport to speak for them.
    All this posturing over the posting the same picture in two threads...WOW!!! Ian must be laughing, I sure am. #going_over_board #need_to_get_a_life

Oh brother... Geezers Gone Wild!
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

All this posturing over the posting the same picture in two threads...WOW!!! Ian must be laughing, I sure am. #going_over_board #need_to_get_a_life
    And I'm laughing at the both of you.

A GOOD TIME HAS BEEN HAD BY ALL!

It's endemic of a larger problem, which is why many of us are speaking up. I'd rather say something to try and fix it than leave the site.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

It's endemic of a larger problem, which is why many of us are speaking up. I'd rather say something to try and fix it than leave the site.
    Bingo.

Apparently that falls on deaf ears and does no good. Honestly it really has turned me away from this site. I haven't given up on it yet, but getting close.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Good one.

For all the grief you get over your schtick, I must applaud you for having a level of commitment & self-awareness that very few of our fellow posters can boast.

You keep on being you, Dawg.
    He's easily my favorite poster. My English dictionary has added terms that it had never been exposed to before because of this guy (or gal, or both) like jack shacks and stuff. Makes my day when he gets on about things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponto View Post

You're not wrong.

Thanks for contributing photos, Ian. Much appreciated.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Nobody's telling him to stop contributing. We're asking him to only stop contributing the spam.

Agreed, I've said that a few times I believe. His contributions are in fact great. But his connecting the dots is obscure and spamming posts unnecessary.

He cross posted the picture in three threads. Ya'll bickered over it for days and left hundreds of posts regarding the matter on multiple threads. Ironic.

If he wasted 10 seconds of your time, you just wasted hours of it. Not sure if you have a leg to stand on after this lol

Quote Originally Posted by Abii View Post
    He cross posted the picture in three threads. Ya'll bickered over it for days and left hundreds of posts regarding the matter on multiple threads. Ironic.

If he wasted 10 seconds of your time, you just wasted hours of it. Not sure if you have a leg to stand on after this lol
    yep

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by lat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abii View Post

yep

Its almost surreal to see the time and effort put in By a couple people on here about picture placement. Yeah...it does go deeper lol. Shakes head....double face palm.

These first world problems are horrendous. You wonder why society is so bogged down with bureaucracy. This topic is the epitome and its responses quantify this.
    Last edited by Black Star; 17-11-2017 at 04:43 PM.

It's almost surreal to see the time and effort put in but (by) a couple people on here about the comments about the picture placement. Ironic almost.

These posts about posts about pictures sure does add another deeper level to the problem. Shakes head... triple face palm.

complaining about someone complaining. First world issues for sure, on both complaints.

Thankfully twitter is blocked at my work, so I don't get to see IanO's non-picture of what the topic is about.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    It's almost surreal to see the time and effort put in but (by) a couple people on here about the comments about the picture placement. Ironic almost.

These posts about posts about pictures sure does add another deeper level to the problem. Shakes head... triple face palm.

complaining about someone complaining. First world issues for sure, on both complaints.

Thankfully twitter is blocked at my work, so I don't get to see IanO's non-picture of what the topic is about.

You have as much credibility on this issue as let say......

5 Things Trusted More Than Medwards

1. Breast milk from Bruce Jenner
    2. Trudeau is qualified to be PM
    3. Having a drink will Bill Cosby
    4. A Casey Anthony's babysitting service
    5. Getting text messages from Anthony Weiner

I would love it if we could actually return to the subject matter of this thread. Enough is enough.
    Almost always open to debate...

Well, this has been a dumb discussion. I can't tell if I'm dumber for reading it or for replying to it.

Cleaned this shot up as best as I can but the window had heavy reflection and dirt on it. The core is really starting to look nice.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

^^. You did great there. JW looks real skinny from that angle. Looks good though.. Tower B and Encore will fill out a couple of those gaps ..

There's photos on NAITs walls that show the skyline when Epcor was under construction. How things have changed.

There's photos on NAITs walls that show the skyline when Epcor was under construction. How things have changed.
    Yeah Epcor and it's fat frame definitely serves it's purpose of filling out the skyline from certain angles. Subtract Fox1, Fox2, Ultima, Stantec and JW and that's a pretty bare skyline at that angle. I always found it attractive even though there wasn't much from that point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponto View Post
    Apparently that falls on deaf ears and does no good. Honestly it really has turned me away from this site. I haven't given up on it yet, but getting close.
    But, how about that spiffy new hotel going up downtown, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Star View Post

Who are you again? I've never seen you post.

www.decl.org

What a difference two years can make!

beforeafter by Thomas Huizinga, on Flickr
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

First One is Always Free

You're so cute and adorable.....I'm not sure whether to offer you a breath mint or toilet paper your so full of **** lol. Just stop, your distracting from the topic at hand son.

You're so cute and adorable.....I'm not sure whether to offer you a breath mint or toilet paper your so full of **** lol. Just stop, your distracting from the topic at hand son.
    You're doing the exact same.

So, is the poster you're responding to cute and adorable, or dripping with feces from both ends? Or, do you find the latter to be cute and adorable? Quips like that just come across as rehearsed, and kind of pathetic, especially when followed up with the internet tough guy signature sign-off of referring to people as "son."

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

How about y’all just STFU if you have nothing related to the topic of the thread to discuss. This is beyond embarrassing at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    How about y’all just STFU if you have nothing related to the topic of the thread to discuss. This is beyond embarrassing at this point.
    +1

Its refreshing to see a building breakup the fairly even flat skyline with going up a bit higher. As silly as it sounds, it almost felt as if the height restrictions from the airport stunted Edmonton's growth, and it always felt like a small city, and now that they're able to go higher, it feels as if city is being reborn into a big city.

+1000

Quote Originally Posted by lobbdogg View Post
    Its refreshing to see a building breakup the fairly even flat skyline with going up a bit higher. As silly as it sounds, it almost felt as if the height restrictions from the airport stunted Edmonton's growth, and it always felt like a small city, and now that they're able to go higher, it feels as if city is being reborn into a big city.
    Not silly at all, IMHO... That's exactly what happened. We're now emphatically shaking off that old image.

Or better yet report all the off topic posts.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Or better yet report all the off topic posts.
    AS if I am going to comb through the thread to do that. How about people just behave like semi civilized people, respect common courtesy and social media practices, and keep their mouths shut if they have nothing to add.

On that note, the skyline is looking great from the north. It’s too bad the new towers block some of the few older nice buildings we can see from the north side. Oh well, there are many more empty lots to fill up. Keep them coming.

Won't be long before the JW really changes this view, only peeking over Stantec at the moment from Jasper/102st.

www.twitter.com/ianoyeg
    www.decl.org

What a beautiful shot!

Source: www.twitter.com/wherezjeff
    www.decl.org

Thanks IanO the sharing this. Jeff Wallace is one heck of a photographer. Another 40 m for JW ?
    Skyscraper Enthusiast

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast