Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 2,001 to 2,024 of 2024

Thread: JW Marriott Hotel & Residences | 192.2 m, 630', 56 floors | under construction

Another important factor is that our skyline and Calgary compliment each other. It illustrates Alberta is robust and healthy economically. One just has to to see the skylines of both cities. Before, Calgary showed the wealth, and every other richest showed ragsll. Just slightly off topic, I hope it is a Calgary/Edmonton cooperation for the winter Olympic bid. It would be a great strategy to showcase the economic engine and potential of the corridor; and of course the two skylines to the world. There is a great potential postcard here...
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post
    ^^^Yup, once complete ,skyline will be impressive. Put Aldritt and other proposed projects in the mix, skyline will be world class.
    I have to admit. This Aldritt project makes me think of mini Dubai--not that Dubai itself will notice. This is a very outlandish project that even Toronto skyscraper enthusiasts would slobber over.

Quote Originally Posted by RicoLance21 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cpnfantstk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by S3RI3S View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by csa1982 View Post
    Just got word the last main concrete pour was completed, looks like steel should be going up shortly.
    Looks like the final roof height, judging from the last picture, will be at approximately the top of the 2nd segment of the crane.
    Using JW as a reference in height for statec, i tell myself "holy sh**" everytime. Manulife looks like just another building now.
    It's great isn't it. Just picture the highest point of the Alberta Legislature (57m) on top of JW and there you have the approx. height of Stantec.
    My "holy sh**" moment is picturing Icon II on top of Stantec tower's transfer slab, which already stands at the height of the neighbouring Bell Tower.
    With tower b , receiving a total redesign (apparently) and with this mighty rumored "trophy tower". This could be just the tip of the iceberg. Who knows what downtown will look like in 2025....
    Last edited by S3RI3S; 11-02-2018 at 06:35 PM. Reason: English

A trophy tower is welcome, but they better have something up their sleeves as you need relocation, local corporate transition- expansion- or recruit for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Another important factor is that our skyline and Calgary compliment each other. It illustrates Alberta is robust and healthy economically. One just has to to see the skylines of both cities. Before, Calgary showed the wealth, and every other richest showed ragsll. Just slightly off topic, I hope it is a Calgary/Edmonton cooperation for the winter Olympic bid. It would be a great strategy to showcase the economic engine and potential of the corridor; and of course the two skylines to the world. There is a great potential postcard here...
    Well with the new arena in Edmonton it would make sense to hold a number of events here. However Olympic politics and sense don't always mix.

Topping out final height looks impressive , and Stantec left to go wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Creativemind View Post
    Topping out final height looks impressive , and Stantec left to go wow.
    Not yet final height. Still to add a two-storey crown for mechanical.

^ Really 2 more is that last half on top not Mechanical is there 3 mechanical floors ?

The floor that is about to be enclosed is the top residential floor. Currently pouring above is the last concrete floor slab where mechanical equipment will reside on. That will be covered by a crown two storeys high--that will then be the final architectural height.
    Last edited by RicoLance21; 12-02-2018 at 09:39 AM.

The slenderness of this thing is as welcome as the height, or perhaps the height is what gives it it's slender look.

The floor that is about to be enclosed is the top residential floor. Currently pouring above is the last concrete floor slab where mechanical equipment will reside on. That will be covered by a crown two storeys high--that will then be the final architectural height.
    Thx 4 this even better height

C2E Long Term Contributor

New condominium apartment sales in Edmonton grew over 60% in 2017, the largest percentage growth of the markets tracked, with 1,289 units sold last year. This significant increase was connected to the downtown condo market where the new Rogers Centre attracted buyers to the city’s core, with sales increasing by 160% year over year. The suburban areas of Edmonton were still dealing with a large supply of inventory and sales were relatively flat compared to 2016.

http://www.altusgroup.com/press_rele...canada-in-2017
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Tell that to the Bow lol. It is a skinny foot print although height would create some illussions of that.

From Sunday. No sunset.

Awesome shot. It is amazing how urban that feels now.
    www.decl.org

Hopefully tower B will add to that perception.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Awesome shot. It is amazing how urban that feels now.
    Very much so. Changes our downtown big time.

Hard to imagine Alldritt to be almost 25 stories taller than this beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by B.ike View Post
    yes this is what i was talking about, the transition looks awful. just two objects slapped side by side with no consideration for the other.

www.decl.org

C2E Posting Power

^Now that's a building that could really use a reclad IMO

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021