Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: KLM | Amsterdam | Discussion

C2E Hard Core Contributor

hope to use this in the future.

the food on klm flights are often weird though...
    be offended! figure out why later...

Excited to see my friend from KLM today! It's been a long-time coming.

KLM PR parties at the airport tonight, Fort Edmonton tomorrow. Plane is full of KLM VIP.
    www.decl.org

EIA ‏@FlyEIA

The area around the #LivingWall is looking mighty Dutch. Our @KLMCanada celebration starts in a few short hours! #yeg

https://twitter.com/FlyEIA/status/60...224576/photo/1

I'm tracking the flight on my ipad. Aircraft is an A332. Registration PH-AON Altitude 40,000, speed 460 kts track 230 degrees. It's in the NWT, just above Man/Sask border.

{IMG}https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153372789479903&set=a.10153372789 429903.1073741871.572404902&type=1{/IMG}
    Last edited by 24karat; 19-05-2015 at 02:51 PM.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

EIA ‏@FlyEIA

Testing, testing our water arch for the @KLMCanada inaugural flight from AMS. #KLM #YEG #AMS #EIA #WelkomKLM

https://twitter.com/FlyEIA/status/60...039040/photo/1

Is the Heineken Bar in on the celebrations somehow? It's a natural fit...
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

C2E Continued Contributor

http://www.flightradar24.com/KLM675/64bd624

Whoops duplicate post sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Dialog View Post
    Is the Heineken Bar in on the celebrations somehow? It's a natural fit...
    Given the press conference is next to the living wall, I would guess yes.
    www.decl.org

1/2 hr early!
    www.decl.org

I'll be taking this flight twice this year (once in July, once in October). Thanks, KLM--this is really going to change my travel calendar for the better!
    “It’s so beautiful. What sort of bird is that?”

KLM Canada ‏@KLMCanada

KL675 welcomed in style with a traditional water salute @FlyEIA #Watersalute

https://twitter.com/KLMCanada/status...684928/photo/1

I love KLM colors in the air, the planes look beaut.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Had the fortune of heading to YEG for the KLM post speech party in the ballroom. Hotel is decent I must say, although the parking on the NE and that entrance is quite, well um, quite.

Impressive party, turnout.

We took our friend from the crew out to RHW for some drinks and will be heading to Fort Ed tonight for the second event, can't wait.

Looking forward to heading to AMS.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

www.decl.org

At the DBA luncheon we heard from KLM/Air France's Western Canada head guy who indicated that flight number 2 coming in shortly had 232 people on it out of 24x? Excellent news. He also rattled off where the people on that flight were coming from, huge variety of countries.
    www.decl.org

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

EIA ‏@FlyEIA
    232 people from places like Johannesburg, Dubai, Paris & Venice are on route to #YEG from #AMS on the 2 flight of our new @KLMCanada service
    https://twitter.com/FlyEIA

I'd rather C2E than work!

I was out there the other day and noticed quite a few Saskatchewan plates. It would be interesting to see where the Canadian travellers are originating.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Friend came in yesterday, said it was full to oversold.
    www.decl.org

Good to see its a popular flight. Hope to take it later this year.
    be offended! figure out why later...

Hey guys,

Anyone fly YEG-AMS return on KLM or has purchased tix already? I'm searching online for like a Sept 1 departure (1 month), and the cost is >$1600 which is just ridiculous. Noone will fly through yeg if you can drive 3 hrs south then hop on air tranny for $1000. Have you guys see similar prices?

Thanks

^ I don't really keep up on the day-to-day, but your thesis ("no-one will fly through yeg...") is exactly opposite of what mine would be: prices would be higher where demand is higher.

I.e., supply for YEG Europe is too far below demand. Windfall for KLM, but should it persist, we should expect an upgauge. [crosses fingers]

Jives perfectly with post 121 above as well.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Driving up the QEII on Thursday it was nice to see that big A330 floating in. Makes a change from the procession of Westjet 737s. Ya, I know, keep my eyes on the road.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by Zom8i3 View Post
    Hey guys,

Anyone fly YEG-AMS return on KLM or has purchased tix already? I'm searching online for like a Sept 1 departure (1 month), and the cost is >$1600 which is just ridiculous. Noone will fly through yeg if you can drive 3 hrs south then hop on air tranny for $1000. Have you guys see similar prices?
    I leave Friday on my first time on the flight, and paid $1298.92 back in November 2014. I'm also going a second time in October (YEG-Amsterdam-Cape Town and back).

As for the rest of your comment, I'm sure you're right that some people would be willing to drive three hours to Calgary for a flight instead of paying more out of Edmonton, but your "no one would fly through YEG" is a bit overstated. I personally wouldn't drive to Calgary even if the flights out of there were fully half what they currently are. I mean, I don't own a car, but I never did that even back when I did own one. Why? A combination of 1) When I fly to Europe, it's usually for work and someone else is paying anyway, and 2) When I get back from a long European flight and am jetlagged and just want to go to bed, the last thing I want to do is drive three hours.

What I actually would do if I found the KLM flight to be too overpriced is take Air Canada through Heathrow (which is what I used to do to get to Amsterdam), or even Iceland Air. But I'd probably be willing to shell out the $1600 to get a nice smooth direct flight, frankly. I go to Amsterdam a lot, and I can't overstate how much that flight is going to improve my travel life!

^Actually, for Sept/Oct flights, YEG to LON via AMS is $1089, while it is over $1300 for YYC to LON. Go figure.
    www.decl.org

Airline prices never make a lot of sense.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Zom8i3 View Post
    Hey guys,

Thanks
    Departing in a couple weeks to Rome via AMS. Paid just over 1K per ticket for 4 which is $600 per person cheaper than the last time we went to Rome via London on AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponza View Post
    ...Departing in a couple weeks to Rome via AMS. Paid just over 1K per ticket for 4 which is $600 per person cheaper than the last time we went to Rome via London on AC.
    That is a great price for high season. Your going the fastest routing, on a 1st class airline, AMS is a terrific connecting airport and all at an unbelievably low price. Your having a great summer

i'm in Maastricht, Netherlands right now. I flew Air Canada this year, business-class on Aeroplan points, but when I return next summer I'll definitely fly with KLM.

Addicted to C2E

I just got back on KLM last Friday with a YEG-AMS-WAW-AMS-YEG routing. I paid $1150 for this flight and booked it in December 2014. The interesting part is that this fare stuck around well into 2015, maybe even until April 2015.

Generally if i book late, my general price into Europe is around $1500-$1600. If i book early, it is usually around $1300 so i think i got a pretty good deal.

I have no problems flying AC but now that i can compare, i would choose KL over AC.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I'm doing a quick getaway to New Orleans at the end of the month. The cheapest flight was Edm -> Dallas -> Chicago -> New Orleans.

I'm quite sure that airfare is like those free-to-play smartphone games where the model is the user pays more for it to suck less.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

YEG to AMS to London City Centre for fall travel is $1089 right now. $300 cheaper than YYC.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    YEG to AMS to London City Centre for fall travel is $1089 right now. $300 cheaper than YYC.
    LCC sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Ain't that the truth. I'm doing a quick getaway to New Orleans at the end of the month. The cheapest flight was Edm -> Dallas -> Chicago -> New Orleans.

I'm quite sure that airfare is like those free-to-play smartphone games where the model is the user pays more for it to suck less.
    It'd be cheapest through wherever there are the most empty seats, but that is a pretty good one!

Did you buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    LCC sweet!

Yes, KLM connection to London via AMS is LCC, which is super awesome.
    www.decl.org

^ It's okay if your destination is more or less central London. But for myself, and I suspect many others, especially those from the south-east in general, I prefer Heathrow or Gatwick having the M25 to reach outer areas rather than having to carve your way out of Docklands. A very large number of people arrive at LHR or LGW whose final destinations are well outside of the London area.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post

It'd be cheapest through wherever there are the most empty seats, but that is a pretty good one!

Did you buy it?
    Hell no. When it comes to flying I care more about travel time than money. Round trip for two connecting in Dallas was $1230.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Did you buy it?
    Hell no. When it comes to flying I care more about travel time than money. Round trip for two connecting in Dallas was $1230.
    I care about both - but I eliminate some airports (like YYC, LAX) right out of the start gate...because I hate them or in the case of YYC there is nfw I would use it.

...Departing in a couple weeks to Rome via AMS. Paid just over 1K per ticket for 4 which is $600 per person cheaper than the last time we went to Rome via London on AC.
    That is a great price for high season. Your going the fastest routing, on a 1st class airline, AMS is a terrific connecting airport and all at an unbelievably low price. Your having a great summer
    Indeed, total travel time from Edmonton to Rome is 11 hours. Also looked at options with Icelandair and while they were still much cheaper than AC it was about $200 more per person than KLM.

... I eliminate some airports (like YYC... right out of the start gate...because...in the case of YYC there is nfw I would use it.

First One is Always Free

just flew YEG-AMS-YEG for a 3 week holiday. Both flights packed, return flight appeared to have many transferring passengers.
    Keep up the good work KLM

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

With American travel becoming so expensive, carriers will likely need to switch strategies if people choose to travel to Europe instead. I have a lot of friends who've enjoyed travel to the USA for the last while and are now enjoying traveling to Europe cause their dollar goes farther than it does down south. With a weak Euro, it's a good time to check out the old country. Welcome KLM. Bring us more.

I agree that Europe is a wonderful option. I've just spent 3 1/2 weeks in Holland, loved every minute of it, and got good value for my money.

Indeed, total travel time from Edmonton to Rome is 11 hours. Also looked at options with Icelandair and while they were still much cheaper than AC it was about $200 more per person than KLM.
    Both KLM and Icelandair are fantastic options. Our air service has really improved unexpectedly with both of them.

Addicted to C2E

I used the new KLM route in June/July. The onboard service was fantastic. I even noticed some Americans boarding the flight as you could see their passports. I'm assuming these were people that missed some flights in the US and got connected through YEG. The flight to AMS was oversold. The flight back was 99% full.

Theres also a lot of Yanks around these part that live here....

Quote Originally Posted by LO 044 View Post
    I used the new KLM route in June/July. The onboard service was fantastic. I even noticed some Americans boarding the flight as you could see their passports. I'm assuming these were people that missed some flights in the US and got connected through YEG. The flight to AMS was oversold. The flight back was 99% full.
    Took this flight last Friday and it was full. Agree that the onboard service was great and hope this flight continues for many years to come. YEG loves KLM!

I'm so happy for this KLM flight, for many reasons. Hope to be able to take it in the fall. Hearing many Europeans are using the flight to go to the Rockies via Edmonton, stay a few days in Edmonton, rather than just Calgary as was done before.
    www.decl.org

^many reasons!
    www.decl.org

More positive reviews, full flight last night, our family members loved the plane, services, food, crew...basically everything. Don't think they will ever fly AC to LHR again.
    Edmonton, Capital of Alberta

If LHR and LGW weren't so convenient to my destination in England, I think all these glowing reports on KLM would have me booking on them.

Sure, Icelandair would be an option but then I like to do the trip in one uninterrupted hop.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Looks like KLM is reducing Edmonton to two x per week in mid January until mid February.
    That is normal for winter flights as other airlines and other routes are reduced during the slowest time of year to Europe

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    If LHR and LGW weren't so convenient to my destination in England, I think all these glowing reports on KLM would have me booking on them.

Sure, Icelandair would be an option but then I like to do the trip in one uninterrupted hop.
    Agreed. I will continue to use the LHR flight to go to the UK as long as it exists (please don't cancel it, AC!), but the KLM flight is still so exciting to have when I'm going to the continent (especially since I'm going to the Netherlands more often than not anyway).

I just got back Friday, by the way, and had the same great experience. Along with an additional benefit for Dutch-speaking yours truly that hadn't occurred to me in advance: the option of Dutch movies on the flight!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod View Post
    Looks like KLM is reducing Edmonton to two x per week in mid January until mid February.
    That is normal for winter flights as other airlines and other routes are reduced during the slowest time of year to Europe
    It's also an effect of the bulk of their passengers longing for the Mediterranean, just as we're longing for Mexico/Caribbean. You put the plane where it profits the most.

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post

I am torn, need to book a trip to see family in the UK but I have heard so many great things about KLM I may try to connect through Amsterdam then pop to Belgium at the end of my holiday for a few days which would make departing from Amsterdam very easy.
    Edmonton, Capital of Alberta

First One is Always Free

I have not verified, but in talking to some people I understand that a lot of BC passengers flying to AMS are being routed through Edmonton rather than Calgary or even Vancouver.
    That is a good thing..

^ That's excellent! Wonder why though? (if that is indeed the case)

Quote Originally Posted by bdejong View Post
    I have not verified, but in talking to some people I understand that a lot of BC passengers flying to AMS are being routed through Edmonton rather than Calgary or even Vancouver.
    That is a good thing..
    Routed by who? KLM website give all the choices YYZ, YVR, YEG, YYC and lists earliest dept first from a connecting city. From Ft. Mac for example on the date I looked Calgary is first listed - and gets you into YYC for an earlier dept to AMS than YEG - of course arriving earlier than the flight from YEG. So KLM not routing connecting cities. They use EVERY airline including AC for connections and price it out accordingly. I wish they did "force" route through YEG - but I am not seeing it.
    Last edited by EdmTrekker; 04-08-2015 at 06:17 PM.

First One is Always Free

^ this came from someone in the interior of BC, who is the type to 'easily' proclaim things to be fact..
    Again not verified, but curious whether others had heard the same.

Quote Originally Posted by bdejong View Post
    That is a good thing..
    Routed by who? KLM website give all the choices YYZ, YVR, YEG, YYC and lists earliest dept first from a connecting city. From Ft. Mac for example on the date I looked Calgary is first listed - and gets you into YYC for an earlier dept to AMS than YEG - of course arriving earlier than the flight from YEG. So KLM not routing connecting cities. They use EVERY airline including AC for connections and price it out accordingly. I wish they did "force" route through YEG - but I am not seeing it.
    I like how bdejong was talking about BC, so you use Fort McMurray in your example.

Here's a sample of flights from Kelowna to Amsterdam. The cheapest option is Icelandair through Edmonton, while the quickest option is KLM, also through Edmonton. Search results from Kamloops are the same.

https://app.box.com/shared/static/ng...s5u8ihmqiw.jpg

I used the KLM website - which allows you to select some smaller Canadian cities for points of departure...as the statement was "a lot of BC passengers flying to AMS are being routed through Edmonton rather than Calgary. I did not mention using google, kayak etc etc. - as only KLM could force routing. No doubt Icelander is lower cost and a great option.

Frankly I am pleased to see fares low bringing people into YEG as most regular posters would know.

I recently flew YEG-AMS in business class (in July). Took a bunch of pictures (don't know how to upload).

Here's a summary of my experience:

Check-in: For the most part, it was pretty efficient. They could definitely spruce up the area a bit and make it better. I intentionally asked for a change in my itinerary and I was referred to to the customer service desk to the side. In fact, the check-in agent walked with me there which I thought was a very nice touch because I was flying in business class.. Their customer service desk fell short of expectations. The was three agents who didn't have time to help and the guy there said, if you want to make changes you will ave to pay at least $250 and it might take at least 20 minutes before we can help you. I simply walked away and decided to change my connecting flight in AMS.

I was given access to the Plaza Premium Lounge (I already have access though my Priority Pass card), but it was nice to see my name on a separate sheet at the check-in desk at the lounge which was provided by KLM to the lounge.

Boarding: Sky Priority travelers were invited to board and this went pretty smoothly.

On-Board Service: there was only 15 people in business (out of 30). I expected that number to be more. Some more work to be done by the KL sales department, perhaps??

Everyone in my row, except for me, was holding either German (family of three) or Dutch passports (family of two). The row in front of me was a family of four headed to Saudi Arabia (all with Saudi passports). The two kids spoke flawless Canadian English. I overheard the father while speaking to the attendant that he is involved in some oil business and that he was going to spend the summer to see family. The rest was all couples. So I felt that I was the only individual traveling on business.

Given that this was an A330-200, their product was really outdated. It reminded of the AC product back in the 90's and early 2000's. Seats are not very comfortable at all. But I think the flight attendant made up for that. I would say the average age was in the mid 50's with a ton of experience especially how they assisted the Saudi family with their kids and the way they made everyone feel welcome.

Food was ok but generous. (I am comparing their menu with the likes of SQ and CX). But nonetheless, I think they made sure everyone got to sample every item they had on board.

IFE system: Again this was a dated product. My sense is that the newer aircraft are equipped with something more sophisticated.

Amenities kit: Again, pretty basic when compared with CX, SQ (heck even AC). But the KLM Delft Blue houses gifts are a real treat and quite unique.

Landing in AMS: I have transited though AMS several times. And this was no different. Nice and efficient airport with many amenities.

Lounge in AMS: The place was quite busy and crowded. Food selection is limited compared to say AC's domestic lounge at Pearson.

Overall, I think the KL product is decent enough, but frankly AC's executive first is much better. Unless KL introduces its new aircraft, I can understand why business passengers would be reluctant to fly them from YEG.

I will try to post pictures once I figure out how.

Cheers!!

Just booked a flight to New Delhi.

KLM from Edmonton to Amsterdam and KLM from Amsterdam to Delhi. Ticket was $1200 and I believe it's the cheapest way from any Canadian city in the country (Toronto had the same price) to New Delhi.

I can see a lot of people from Winnipeg or Saskatoon picking Edmonton over Toronto when going to Delhi.
    Last edited by bhaskar21; 26-08-2015 at 03:23 AM.

I also booked a flight to Spain via AMS and it was about $930 in December. Everyone else was around $1100 or more with longer duration.

Side note, I did searches through Kelowna and other BC sites, KLM is routing them through YEG or YVR with "dream prices." YYC is at least $500 more for those routes.

Quote Originally Posted by JustYeggin View Post

I will try to post pictures once I figure out how.

Cheers!!
    To post pictures, they must be hosted on another site, Open a free account at www.photobucket.com and upload your images to that site. Then copy the URLs for each picture and paste into a new post here.

Interesting video regarding KLM Business class to Edmonton

http://youtu.be/5Ufpe4mhHio

I'm loving this option to Europe. I hope to fly to London with a few days in Amsterdam this fall with KLM. Best part is AMS to London is to London City Centre airport!
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by faraz View Post
    I also booked a flight to Spain via AMS and it was about $930 in December. Everyone else was around $1100 or more with longer duration.

Side note, I did searches through Kelowna and other BC sites, KLM is routing them through YEG or YVR with "dream prices." YYC is at least $500 more for those routes.
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to get to Europe from Edmonton than Calgary or Vancouver using just fuel (shorter flight path)? I really think Edmonton might soon be a Hub for connecting flights to Europe in Western Canada.

^ yes, a bit more fuel efficient. Also more time effective to hub at YEG than YYC or YVR. Furthermore should be cheaper to transport the fuel to the airport.

All factors will be at work for KLM and Icelandair, and whomever flies to London. Not dealbreakers but small real advantages.

When Iceland air was announce, my intuition went off and saw Edmonton becoming a potential hub. Now, it seems we're slowly but surely heading that way.

Having CZEG here makes this even more enticing!

I believe the cart is being placed before the horse. YVR and YYC both are established connection hubs in western Canada. What is going to change on the domestic side that would increase YEG as a hub? WS and AC would need to both increase their offerings from/to YEG for new markets in Western Canada.

Both of those airlines are going to focus on their two established hubs YVR and YYC. There is to much invested by them at this point.

If you're suggesting we will see more airlines like KLM enter our market to Europe I would ask who? Most alliances are already established via the two mentioned hubs already.

YEG's focus from my stand point is to continue to push for new routes in Western Canada. WS has added two routes this year, which is a great start. However, YEG to international hub. Not seeing that happen.

When we get an in-demand connection (low price or unique non-stop) the domestic connections we get from Westjet have been amazingly reactive, actually. Take a look at that photo EIA tweeted with both Icelandair and KLM at the gates, who else do you see? Add more demand in terms of a valuable overseas connection and we create more value for domestic air service in turn.(yes I know a certain half of the domestic side is giving us the silent treatment, but the more they do is just ours and Westjet's gain.)

Tom Ruth said something to the effect they wanted to improve Transpacific connections, which could mean any of a pretty wide range of things, but could lead to another step.

My wishlist:
    • Narita, Pudong, or Incheon (Tokyo, Shanghai, or Seoul, respectively)
    • Warsaw
    • New York JFK on either Delta or American
    • Mexico City

Any of those would boost the desirability of YEG transfers immediately and immensely.

In this current environment, I think we should be focusing on keeping what we have. Despite all the cuts US carriers have already made (or making) at YEG, WS has not reacted by adding anything. So that gives you an indication of where things stand.

As far as flights to Europe, there were hopes that FI and KL would boost capacity this winter, but it doesn't look like it.

So, will be another two to three years before things change here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post

That women is a ditz and they really did not say anything about Edmonton.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

Quote Originally Posted by Brentk View Post
    Both of those airlines are going to focus on their two established hubs YVR and YYC. There is to much invested by them at this point.

If you're suggesting we will see more airlines like KLM enter our market to Europe I would ask who? Most alliances are already established via the two mentioned hubs already.

YEG's focus from my stand point is to continue to push for new routes in Western Canada. WS has added two routes this year, which is a great start. However, YEG to international hub. Not seeing that happen.
    The chances of seeing LH to FRA are remote considering the lack of connectivity with their Star Alliance partner at YEG, however it is not much of a stretch to imagine any of the other airlines who have code shares with WS to use YEG as KLM has done.

Our code-share partners

American Airlines
    Air France
    British Airways
    Cathay Pacific
    China Airlines
    China Eastern
    China Southern
    Delta Air Lines
    Japan Airlines
    KLM
    Korean Air
    Philippine Airlines
    Qantas

Our interline partners

Aeromexico
    Air China
    Air New Zealand
    Alaska Airlines
    Alitalia
    Asiana Airlines
    Canadian North
    Central Mountain Air
    Condor
    Dragonair
    EL AL
    Emirates
    Etihad
    Fiji Airways
    Finnair
    First Air
    Hainan Airlines
    Icelandair
    Jet Airways
    LAN Airlines
    Pakistan International Airlines
    Qatar Airways
    Royal Air Maroc
    SATA International
    TAM Airlines
    Transaero Airlines
    US Airways
    Virgin Australia
    http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/abou...rs/index.shtml
    Take your pick.
    Last edited by Glenco; 27-08-2015 at 05:11 PM.

My point is and was that YEG will not be a hub over Calgary with WS or AC. My other point which was stated is out of their codeshare partners (WS) who would serve YEG besides WS and KLM to Europe? I could see an Asian carrier but not another European carrier at this point.

Fair enough but I don't think anyone was suggesting YEG would be an official hub for AC or WS more a preferred connecting point for people from BC interior heading to Europe and people from the prairies heading to Europe and Asia. Everything else being equal YEG is a time and cost saver.

YEG won't be a HUB unless a 3rd carrier arises - and makes it one or is HQ at EIA. Right now EIA is simply a grab and go airport - no different than Regina for WJ or AC...no commitments other than loading and unloading of sheep.

Today's KLM flight used the 292 seat A330-300 instead of the usual 243 seat A330-200.

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/kl675/

^ wow, that was quick. Love these guys. Just like Icelandair: give the people what they want.

Caught her departing from a grassy knoll at the Leg... huge.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Glenco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket252 View Post

That women is a ditz and they really did not say anything about Edmonton.
    Agreed! She really didn't show much of anything on the flight (only the food, and that the seat is not a lie-flat) nor mentioned anything of Edmonton.

(Long time lurker, first time poster!!)

First One is Always Free

Just flew this once again for a week long trip to the Netherlands. Outbound was 75% cap. (estimate), inbound was 100%. Inbound flight had upgraded in flight entertainment, which was a pleasant surprise, and a first for me on this flight. Service great as always. Even got to eat 'hutspot' (dutch hotchpot with onions carrots and potatoes, a childhood staple for me) on the way home. Also noted an ad from KLM in their in-flight magazine touting their service to Edmonton, aimed at skiers during the winter months
    Last edited by bdejong; 21-10-2015 at 01:43 PM.

^ awesome to see them promoting inbound. KLM are an excellent partner.

Impressive load metrics as well.

I also took this flight this past week (inbound). It was completely full.

Nice little mention in KLM's winter schedule update.

KLM is continuing its services to Edmonton in Canada started in Summer 2015. These services will be operated three times a week. Via Edmonton, passengers could benefit from the beyond network of our Canadian partner WestJet.
    http://news.klm.com/klm-winter-schedule-2015--2016/

First One is Always Free

Default iFlyKLM Magazine

Winter Fun in Edmonton
    https://m.iflymagazine.com/ca_en/edi...little-secrets
    Kendall from Poppy Barley.

^ good job on the video. Highlights all the interesting points about Edmonton in the wintertime. A credit to KLM for actually putting some effort into Marketing their destinations.

First One is Always Free

what a great video. Hoping KLM will include it on their destinations videos on the in flight entertainment system.

Long ways away, but KLM plans to operate 787-900 on YEG-AMS for Winter 2016-17.

That's 51 more seats than the current A330-200.

The A330-200 seats 8 across the B787-9 seats 9. Have you seen how narrow the aisles are?
    https://www.klm.com/travel/ca_en/pre...lans/787-9.htm

Lotsa cheap seats should equate heavier hub gravity. I think it'd be a good thing, especially in Winter.

Addicted to C2E

^The seats won't be any cheaper than they are now. KLM and any other airline flying the 787 will just make more money off of us.

Lotsa cheap seats should equate heavier hub gravity. I think it'd be a good thing, especially in Winter.
    A330-300 seems a better option.

http://www.klm.com/travel/ca_en/prep...s/A330-300.htm

^ I'm not talking which airliner I want to be on, just which will drive more traffic through our midst. More people flying YEG-AMS means more people YKA-YEG, YXE-YEG, and realistically less people YYC-Europe. I'm just cheering the capacity increase.

^^ laws of supply and demand: committing 51 more seats to our market means trying to fill those seats.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast