Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is this a case of Wrongful Dismissal

^^ The thousands of emails are a fully documented and irrefutable testimony of the events. The complainant's own actions and statements at that time totally contradict her claims.

Until she pulled out an email and asked me to read it out loud. It was the email where I said: “You kicked my *** last night and that makes me want to **** your brains out.” And that’s when I knew it was over. My testimony had fallen apart.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...tere-interview

Now, to any reasonable person, does that sound like a rape victim or willing participant?

She could have easily written instead, “You kicked my *** last night and that makes me want to **** shoot your brains out.” "I am contacting the police you BAST**D!"
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 26-03-2016 at 12:58 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    It is an irony of modern judicial system. We have, rightly, adopted an innocent-until-proven-guilty philosophy but in our minds the opposite still strongly lurks. A long struggle to achieve equality in treating men and women, may now have started fallen from the other side of the roof: active discrimination against men.

My knowledge of Ghomesi and his trial is limited to 1-2 articles in Globe & Mail, but I was surprised by the strong majority here commenting against him. Phrases like "no doubt" about what happened and judge had "no choice" but to acquit him. Looking further back in the thread there were also discussions oh how 10s of smelly cases will be revealed soon. So he was assumed guilty even before a trial. And now after the verdict, Ghomesi will remain a tainted name in our collective memory. Maybe that's justice (or Karma or whatever) for him. Then again, maybe not.
    Outside of the possibility of collusion among witnesses, and based on a few media reports of what the witnesses experienced, I'd say he very likely acted with considerable aggression without advance consent. I don't know where the court draws the line on whether or not that would be assault or just a fun time. It seems that the witnesses behavior and the judge's perception of their behavior created enough doubt to force him to disregard their statements.
    That's my point. We easily brush aside the accusers's misbehavior. You talk like you have witnessed it all yourself. That's weird. I don't care about Ghomesi one way or another. Like I said all I know about him is, like most others, a few articles. My question is why most of us are not even willing to give the accused benefit of the doubt? His career likely ended, as a result of this trial. With such level of public conviction that he is guilty, no media outlet would in their right mind hire him. Maybe that's what he deserved, but I just say I don't have enough information to make that conclusion. So the judge was correct in my opinion, that spoof site notwithstanding.
    hmmm

Ghomeshi was acquitted on charges in a legal framework of beyond reasonable doubt.

But by information the assaults did occur if one classifies aggressive S & M like practice done without prior inform or consent. I don't know from testimony and agreed statements of fact that theres much doubt Ghomeshi engaged in some of the actions. (Although not to the extent previously implied by witnesses)

Ghomeshi engaged in a nature of behaviors that he should not, and obviously had a lot to lose as a highly paid public figure engaging in certain activity. That much is on Ghomeshi himself.

My own take is that the complainants, despite their protests, all engaged in some nature of consensual response to Ghomeshi's behavior in that they wanted it to continue, and wanted to continue to see him and thereby setting mixed messages. No more promounced than Lucy texting Ghomeshi that she like it and wanted more.

I credit the judge, and Ghomeshi's legal team for the stalwart work they did and without which this case would have ceded the complainants real wish to simply take Ghomeshi down.

In the end this wasn't really about assault, rape, it was about revenge.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    ^^ The thousands of emails are a fully documented and irrefutable testimony of the events. The complainant's own actions and statements at that time totally contradict her claims.

Until she pulled out an email and asked me to read it out loud. It was the email where I said: “You kicked my *** last night and that makes me want to **** your brains out.” And that’s when I knew it was over. My testimony had fallen apart.
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...tere-interview

Now, to any reasonable person, does that sound like a rape victim or willing participant?

She could have easily written instead, “You kicked my *** last night and that makes me want to **** shoot your brains out.” "I am contacting the police you BAST**D!"
    It will continue to amaze me that an inferred sentient person can possibly be unaware of that comment that she made in the email. (I thought it was a text)

The funny thing is, I think Lucy actually DID forget that she sent that message. But which then leads me to think what is wrong with her memory. Its disturbing how much a person can lead themselves down the path of disrepute all the while not recognizing they're doing it or what has gone on before.

In short Lucy Decouture ultimately involved herself as a witness against herself. How this played. But in this respect deserved as she attempted to utilize justice to "take someone down" which is of course a contravention of justice. In the end though ironic justice served nonetheless.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Another interesting point is some of the emails sent back and forward between Ghomeshi and his accusers were 10 years old. Not sure if these emails had to be retrieved from his computer by a computer expert or if he had never deleted them after all this time. Did he know that maybe there would be complaints lodged against him?.
    Another thing, we all know of partners that stay in abusive relationships because they have kids or they and their partner have a long history together. None of these women had any real connection with Ghomeshi other than they were introduced to him at functions etc. There were no compelling reasons for them to hang around after the first assault. No kids keeping them together, no joint property, probably not even much chemistry going on between them either. Having said that, I do think Ghomeshi did what he did without warning but what those women did after did not help their case in any way.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    In short Lucy Decouture ultimately involved herself as a witness against herself. How this played. But in this respect deserved as she attempted to utilize justice to "take someone down" which is of course a contravention of justice. In the end though ironic justice served nonetheless.
    One looks at this as a plot to a "Fatal Attraction" sequel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Attraction

Also

This may be a case of Erotomania.

Erotomania is a type of delusional disorder where the affected person believes that another person is in love with him or her. This belief is usually applied to someone with higher status or a famous person
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotomania
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 26-03-2016 at 01:39 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

This happens all too frequently when relationships sour and usually men are on the losing end.

In this case, Pussypass Denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Another interesting point is some of the emails sent back and forward between Ghomeshi and his accusers were 10 years old. Not sure if these emails had to be retrieved from his computer by a computer expert or if he had never deleted them after all this time. Did he know that maybe there would be complaints lodged against him?.
    Another thing, we all know of partners that stay in abusive relationships because they have kids or they and their partner have a long history together. None of these women had any real connection with Ghomeshi other than they were introduced to him at functions etc. There were no compelling reasons for them to hang around after the first assault. No kids keeping them together, no joint property, probably not even much chemistry going on between them either. Having said that, I do think Ghomeshi did what he did without warning but what those women did after did not help their case in any way.
    emails sent by anybody are there, somewhere, and retained, indefinitely, on servers.

Anything we state here, in email, in most places online should probably best be considered as public record.

Really everybody should know this. We're also reminded of it here by admins here on a regular basis.

just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Kitlope View Post
    This happens all too frequently when relationships sour and usually men are on the losing end.

In this case, Pussypass Denied.
    Countless custody battles that are so incredibly sordid.

My advice is to have at least 3 condoms on at all times and bubblewrap just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    One looks at this as a plot to a "Fatal Attraction" sequel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fatal_Attraction

Also

This may be a case of Erotomania.

Erotomania is a type of delusional disorder where the affected person believes that another person is in love with him or her. This belief is usually applied to someone with higher status or a famous person
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erotomania
    I don't even want to surmise. But man, its incredible the degree to which the complainant discredited herself.

People talk about Ghomeshi's career being over..

emails sent by anybody are there, somewhere, and retained, indefinitely, on servers.

Anything we state here, in email, in most places online should probably best be considered as public record.

Really everybody should know this. We're also reminded of it here by admins here on a regular basis.

just saying
    If you read my post I said I did not know if these emails had to be retrieved by a computer expert (re: servers) or if Ghomeshi never deleted them.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

More than likely he just never deleted them from his email account... I got some that go back 12 or 13 years myself, accounts are allotted a ton of space these days (G Mail is 15 Gb) so "running out of room" is a thing of the past for the most part.

My advice is to have at least 3 condoms on at all times and bubblewrap just in case.
    If I ever have to get back into the dating game I will not only will have a prepared 30 page contract, 62 line item consent form, demand a DNA sample, proof of age and ID, criminal record check, doctor's certificate (both physical and psychological), Drug And/Or Alcohol Testing Consent Form, record the whole date, non-disclosure agreement, and all witnessed and approved with my lawyer present for the entire date including video of the action (if any).

Sure is romantic and spontaneous ain't it.

Fatal Attraction Movie Effects
    The film has also had an effect on men. Close was quoted in 2008 as saying, "Men still come up to me and say, 'You scared the **** out of me.' Sometimes they say, 'You saved my marriage.'
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 26-03-2016 at 02:22 PM.

@Gemini^^^ I was just clarifying that no access to Ghomeshi's computer, or him keeping such record, would be required.
    Last edited by Replacement; 26-03-2016 at 02:26 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    I'm no legal expert, so one thing I don't understand is why wasn't Ghomeshi himself called to testify? It was like the victims were on trail instead of the accused rapist.
    You can't be compelled to testify at your own trial. That's a pretty fundamental aspect of our justice system, and really any justice system worth a crap. The choice is up to him and his legal defense team. If he does choose to testify in his defense, only then can he be cross examined by the prosecution. There was basically no upside to him testifying given the circumstances and evidence, so it's easy to understand why he chose not to.

@Gemini^^^ I was just clarifying that no access to Ghomeshi's computer, or him keeping such record, would be required.
    Now I don't think any of us know if these emails were sent to his home email or his work email. If they were sent to either and he did not delete them he sure does hold onto things. As for being on a server, well I am not sure how long they keep emails on servers before purging them. That would have to be one gigantic data base to keep emails on for infinity and beyond.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I don't see why you find it surprising that he might have kept copies or backups of his old emails. Coincidentally, I've got all of my personal emails dating back to 2003 as well. There might be a couple gaps here or there when I goofed on a backup or Outlook migration, but otherwise I probably have 90%+ of all the personal emails I've ever sent or received. And same goes for my work emails. I've got multiple PST files in Outlook with pretty much every email sent or received. Not sure how far those go back offhand, but probably 10+ years as well.

Some people are more meticulous about this kind of thing than others. That doesn't mean anything regarding their personal behavior, criminal or otherwise. You should see my MP3 archive of every piece of music I've ever owned. It's majestic. Same goes with my digital picture archive.
    Last edited by Marcel Petrin; 26-03-2016 at 07:00 PM.

Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

My email goes back to 1994 and includes correspondence with my first internet provider at a time he was a fellow working out of his basement. I'm text-oriented so it doesn't take all that much room. Sometimes, I use it as a reality check on when I was involved in some past activity.

They said it, not me. I wish I had my emails and Wordstar docs back to the dawn of creation.

Digital Hoarding

Digital hoarding can create an unhealthy attachment to digital content and foster a sort of “media addiction.”[1] It is often good for one’s mental health to let go of useless clutter, and decluttering digital devices can help with decluttering the mind.[13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_hoarding

^Yeah, after reading some of these posts I'm beginning to think there is some form of hoarding going on. Usually my emails are deleted after I read them. It has to be something real important for me to keep it. There are only so many emails one can keep of links to cats playing the piano, dogs dressed in clothes or doofuses doing half baked things. I suppose work related emails can and should be kept longer but only as long as whatever is in them is resolved. After that it should be classed as computer clutter.

Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

I'm not sure what people think the cost is. I'm reducing the size of my library because when I move the books are half the labour and expense. But my emails just sit there. And occasionally provide value.

Each to there own I guess.

^Yeah, after reading some of these posts I'm beginning to think there is some form of hoarding going on. Usually my emails are deleted after I read them. It has to be something real important for me to keep it. There are only so many emails one can keep of links to cats playing the piano, dogs dressed in clothes or doofuses doing half baked things. I suppose work related emails can and should be kept longer but only as long as whatever is in them is resolved. After that it should be classed as computer clutter.
    Delete emails?

Sorry, but who does that anymore and why?

The cache is so large now you simply don't have to delete anything. Waste of time on home computing to do that imo. At work though IT's will tell you to delete.

Many times where its been beneficial for me to have a timed stamp record of something I never thought I would need again.

Its kind of old fashioned to delete things. Todays hard drives just don't require you doing that. Todays computer hard drive capacity and server capacities is like having a home office that's the size of a gymnasium. you could clean up papers and shred I guess, or just move it off to the side...

Delete emails?

Sorry, but who does that anymore and why?
    ^

I do, I delete them all the time, every day. It has to be real important, real funny or real personal for me to keep. In fact I just checked my keepers email folder and I have the grand total of twelve emails I have kept. At first glance I could see at least half of them could be deleted. There should be a term for people who keep old emails that no longer have any use or value. Hoarding does not quite sound right. It needs to be something in keeping with the electronic age.

I'll admit I'm a bit of a digital hoarder, not so much with emails but media. A few hard drives with 12 Tb of stuff... all in the physical size equivalent of less than a shoebox.

I have no problem with this. That's the beauty of the digital age.

I'll admit I'm a bit of a digital hoarder, not so much with emails but media. A few hard drives with 12 Tb of stuff... all in the physical size equivalent of less than a shoebox.

I have no problem with this. That's the beauty of the digital age.

Like all, of history, if enough people toss their records, what remains to tell the story or reveal the past defines it but most of it wont survive one generation because it won't mean anything to the very next gen.

Who's ever going to look back at it? At some point anyone that inherits it will toss it all because they can't separate the treasure from all the trash, so it all goes in the trash. Worse with digital because it will be unreadable. However, it will be a true historical archive compared to all that is online and so, is subject to editing and deletion for nefarious purposes. The future of history is bleak.

Old hard drives though are like old photo negatives in shoeboxes. Never look at them even though I know they are more valuable that the prints themselves. I also have a large number of old super-8 and older movies and thousands of slides. I also however have shelves and boxes of inherited photo albums and 'stuff'. Most of it will end up in the trash. Who would want more stuff?

https://www.amazon.ca/Honore-Jaxon-V...=1&*entries*=0

http://nuvomagazine.com/wp-content/u...01-816x532.jpg

SCALAWAGS: HONORÉ JAXON
    The rebel William Henry Jackson.
    Writer Jim Christy

On his deathbed, he told Baronian he had to get well in order to take all his papers and books back to Saskatchewan, to build a library for Native peoples. Jaxon died on January 10, 1952.

http://nuvomagazine.com/magazine/sum...s-honore-jaxon
    Last edited by KC; 27-03-2016 at 08:49 AM.

My neighbor came over with a copy of the Edmonton Sun and showed me Lorne Gunter's column since the two of us have been having conversation about this whole Ghomeshi affair and modern day "rape culture" in general. Great column IMO

Justice system prevailed in Ghomeshi case

The outcome of the Jian Ghomeshi case (he was acquitted Thursday of all the charges against him for sexual assault and choking) will probably not surprise anyone who followed the testimony during February’s trial.

One after the other, Ghomeshi’s accusers were shown in court to be have been, um, sparing with the truth.

The three women who claimed the former CBC Radio star had sexually assaulted them were revealed under cross-examination by Ghomeshi’s two (female) defence lawyers to have misled police about their relationships with the former broadcaster and – worse yet – to have withheld evidence from Crown prosecutors and the courts.

As lead defence counsel Marie Henein pointed out in her closing arguments last month, only when she and her colleague Danielle Robitaille produced evidence that Ghomeshi’s accusers had, for instance, maintained relationships with him long after he allegedly assaulted them (despite claiming otherwise to prosecutors) and that at least two of them had exchanged upwards of 5,000 messages about how to handle their accusations against him, did the trio divulge the full truth.

“The truth was not going to be told at trial,” Henein said. “Were it not discoverable independently, we were not going to hear the truth.”

Whatever one thinks personally about Ghomeshi’s taste for rough sex, there is no question the Crown failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Ghomeshi’s actions rose to the level of sexual assault, that he “hate-sexed” his three accusers without their consent.

As tough as it may be for some people (particularly radical feminists) to believe, there are some women who appear to enjoy rough sex as much as some men do, who crave domination in sexual roleplay. And that is not part of a “rape culture” foisted on society by some shadowy patriarchy.

So whatever one thinks personally about Ghomeshi’s innocence, the justice system has prevailed. The courts have done their job. We all have the right to the presumption of innocence until the Crown can prove us guilty (onus on the Crown), even men accused of rape.

Having said that, expect the Trudeau government to come under tremendous pressure to change Canada’s sexual assault laws and court rules to make it very much harder for men accused of sexual assault to offer a defence in court in the future.

And given the way Justin Trudeau rushed to judgement over sexual harassment allegations against two of his MPs while in opposition – Scott Andrews and Massimo Pacetti were frogmarched out of caucus in an eye-blink – expect radical lobbyists to find a sympathetic ear with our new prime minister.

Canada's rape shield laws – laws that shield a woman’s past sexual behaviour from disclosure in the courts and make it harder for an accused man to claim she consented to sex – are already among the most strident in the world. But the fact that a prominent man accused of rape has been allowed to go free will only renew feminists’ calls to make those laws tougher still.

The presumption among feminists is that women simply don’t lie about sexual assault. Add to that the feminist notion that a woman should have the power to withdraw her consent or express remorse after the fact, and you can see where this is going: The courts must be instructed to treat consent as a one-sided concept.

Protestors stood outside the court on Thursday insisting “we believe survivors” and demanding the courts “stop blaming victims.” Such thinkers – and they are dominant on campuses and in legal literature – will not be satisfied until every accused male is sentenced without trial.
    Bolding mine

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/24...-ghomeshi-case
    Last edited by Kitlope; 30-03-2016 at 03:35 PM.

Top_Dawg cracked up when he read The Edmonton Sun's front page headline on Good Friday: ' JIAN BEATS RAPS '

They come up with some real gems.

My neighbor came over with a copy of the Edmonton Sun and showed me Lorne Gunter's column since the two of us have been having conversation about this whole Ghomeshi affair and modern day "rape culture" in general. Great column IMO
    Maybe, but the second case may turn out very different, as it doesn't involve someone he was already in a relationship with.

If justice prevails, then justice prevails.

What a concept!

Justice system prevailed in Ghomeshi case

The outcome of the Jian Ghomeshi case (he was acquitted Thursday of all the charges against him for sexual assault and choking) will probably not surprise anyone who followed the testimony during February’s trial.

One after the other, Ghomeshi’s accusers were shown in court to be have been, um, sparing with the truth.

The three women who claimed the former CBC Radio star had sexually assaulted them were revealed under cross-examination by Ghomeshi’s two (female) defence lawyers to have misled police about their relationships with the former broadcaster and – worse yet – to have withheld evidence from Crown prosecutors and the courts.

As lead defence counsel Marie Henein pointed out in her closing arguments last month, only when she and her colleague Danielle Robitaille produced evidence that Ghomeshi’s accusers had, for instance, maintained relationships with him long after he allegedly assaulted them (despite claiming otherwise to prosecutors) and that at least two of them had exchanged upwards of 5,000 messages about how to handle their accusations against him, did the trio divulge the full truth.

“The truth was not going to be told at trial,” Henein said. “Were it not discoverable independently, we were not going to hear the truth.”

Whatever one thinks personally about Ghomeshi’s taste for rough sex, there is no question the Crown failed to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that Ghomeshi’s actions rose to the level of sexual assault, that he “hate-sexed” his three accusers without their consent.

As tough as it may be for some people (particularly radical feminists) to believe, there are some women who appear to enjoy rough sex as much as some men do, who crave domination in sexual roleplay. And that is not part of a “rape culture” foisted on society by some shadowy patriarchy.

So whatever one thinks personally about Ghomeshi’s innocence, the justice system has prevailed. The courts have done their job. We all have the right to the presumption of innocence until the Crown can prove us guilty (onus on the Crown), even men accused of rape.

Having said that, expect the Trudeau government to come under tremendous pressure to change Canada’s sexual assault laws and court rules to make it very much harder for men accused of sexual assault to offer a defence in court in the future.

And given the way Justin Trudeau rushed to judgement over sexual harassment allegations against two of his MPs while in opposition – Scott Andrews and Massimo Pacetti were frogmarched out of caucus in an eye-blink – expect radical lobbyists to find a sympathetic ear with our new prime minister.

Canada's rape shield laws – laws that shield a woman’s past sexual behaviour from disclosure in the courts and make it harder for an accused man to claim she consented to sex – are already among the most strident in the world. But the fact that a prominent man accused of rape has been allowed to go free will only renew feminists’ calls to make those laws tougher still.

The presumption among feminists is that women simply don’t lie about sexual assault. Add to that the feminist notion that a woman should have the power to withdraw her consent or express remorse after the fact, and you can see where this is going: The courts must be instructed to treat consent as a one-sided concept.

Protestors stood outside the court on Thursday insisting “we believe survivors” and demanding the courts “stop blaming victims.” Such thinkers – and they are dominant on campuses and in legal literature – will not be satisfied until every accused male is sentenced without trial.
    Bolding mine

http://www.torontosun.com/2016/03/24...-ghomeshi-case
    Another thing about some feminists is they think all women think like them and that's just not true. There is also a lunatic fringe in most groups. I think there is some truth in what Ghomeshi was accused of but what those women did after the fact makes it look like it was no big deal to them. If it had of been they would have stayed away from him. It does not always follow that women who have been sexually assaulted always go to the police but I should imagine they would want to stay as far away as possible from the person that assaulted them. The sad fact about this case is that these women have muddy the waters so bad for the accused and the accusers in these types of cases. Unfortunately radical feminists will have tunnel vision when it comes to this case.

It is as unreasonable an argument by feminists that the female lawyer betrayed women for defending him and not supporting women as police officers expecting their rank and file to follow the blue line regardless of the facts and the justice system.

Justice was served and our Courts system proved to remain true to the evidence presented.

An interesting component of the Scottish justice system: guilty, not guilty, and not proven. Not proven has no formal conviction; however, the accused is often seen as morally guilty.

The social media and public perception of Ghomeshi have sentenced him long ago, interesting to see the dynamics: courts of public opinion compared to the justice system and the ruling. It’s possible to applaud the judgment and also believe Ghomeshi did it.

Trailer Park Boys actor Mike Smith, who plays Bubbles, arrested in L.A.

Mike Smith, the actor who plays Bubbles on the Trailer Park Boys, is disputing allegations against him related to a misdemeanour domestic battery charge.

Smith, 43, was arrested in Los Angeles early Friday morning at 1:15 a.m. local time in the 7,000 block of Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles Police Department Officer Matthew Ludwig said Friday night.

He was released on $20,000 bail four hours later, according to the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department.

In a statement released by the Trailer Park Boys Saturday afternoon, Smith and Georgia Ling, the alleged victim, said they are friends who had an argument.

"Georgia is a friend of mine and we had a loud and heated dispute," Smith said in the statement. "That is all. At no time did I assault her. I am not guilty of the misdemeanour charged against me."

Ling, the woman who the statement identifies as the victim, said someone who overheard the argument called police.

"Mike and I did indeed have a heavy argument but it saddens me the way things are being reported and the way it was handled by the police," Ling said in the statement.

"At no point did I feel I was in danger, otherwise I would've called the police myself, which I did not. The police were called by others not present in the room who mistakenly perceived the argument to be something other than what it was. When the officers arrived, I tried to assure them there was no real issue, but they proceeded to arrest Mike."

The other Trailer Park Boys members and staff stand behind Smith, the statement said.

Smith is scheduled to appear in court on April 29.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...rest-1.3518081

So let me get this straight. Bubbles and his friend who is a female have a heated argument. She admits there was no assault, just some raised voices. Bubbles, being the male, get's charged. Bubbles friend, Ling, is actually disappointed how the police have reacted to this, she never called the police and she felt like she was in no danger. I'm sure she was yelling as well... but of course being the women she's the victim.

This FUCK1NG bullsh1t and this war on men needs to FUCK1NG stop. And yes, I am livid at the double standards.

^ hmmm. I think* the ratio of transgressions of men against women over transgressions of women against men is maybe 10 or even 100 to 1. The guy gets arrested because 9 out of 10 times it's the men that the cops have to legitimately arrest. Women might be equally nasty in their thinking but men are the ones that typically go to far and become physically violent (aka having emotional breakdowns).

* picking numbers out of my _ _ _,

Trailer Park Boys actor Mike Smith, who plays Bubbles, arrested in L.A.

Mike Smith, the actor who plays Bubbles on the Trailer Park Boys, is disputing allegations against him related to a misdemeanour domestic battery charge.

Smith, 43, was arrested in Los Angeles early Friday morning at 1:15 a.m. local time in the 7,000 block of Hollywood Boulevard, Los Angeles Police Department Officer Matthew Ludwig said Friday night.

He was released on $20,000 bail four hours later, according to the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department.

In a statement released by the Trailer Park Boys Saturday afternoon, Smith and Georgia Ling, the alleged victim, said they are friends who had an argument.

"Georgia is a friend of mine and we had a loud and heated dispute," Smith said in the statement. "That is all. At no time did I assault her. I am not guilty of the misdemeanour charged against me."

Ling, the woman who the statement identifies as the victim, said someone who overheard the argument called police.

"Mike and I did indeed have a heavy argument but it saddens me the way things are being reported and the way it was handled by the police," Ling said in the statement.

"At no point did I feel I was in danger, otherwise I would've called the police myself, which I did not. The police were called by others not present in the room who mistakenly perceived the argument to be something other than what it was. When the officers arrived, I tried to assure them there was no real issue, but they proceeded to arrest Mike."

The other Trailer Park Boys members and staff stand behind Smith, the statement said.

Smith is scheduled to appear in court on April 29.
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...rest-1.3518081

So let me get this straight. Bubbles and his friend who is a female have a heated argument. She admits there was no assault, just some raised voices. Bubbles, being the male, get's charged. Bubbles friend, Ling, is actually disappointed how the police have reacted to this, she never called the police and she felt like she was in no danger. I'm sure she was yelling as well... but of course being the women she's the victim.

This FUCK1NG bullsh1t and this war on men needs to FUCK1NG stop. And yes, I am livid at the double standards.
    The “war on men” - probably only by women with lots of money and influence, otherwise:
    (And in the article below note the women engaged in the ‘war on women’)

Harvey Weinstein’s Army of Spies | The New Yorker

Harvey Weinstein’s Army of Spies
    The film executive hired private investigators, including ex-Mossad agents, to track actresses and journalists.
    By Ronan Farrow November 6, 2017

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-...-army-of-spies
    Last edited by KC; 08-11-2017 at 09:22 PM.

So when is the disgusting DB Gene Simmons going to be taken down? I would cheer for that one, not that I wouldn't in anycase but it so often seems like the worst examples are never brought to justice.

Is Rock life immune to this. Jimmy Page was notorious for bedding down with underage girls and doesn't deny any of it. Gene Simmons at every concert would point at the women he wanted back stage and his lackies would go procure them. Gene has also acknowledged propensity to bed with underage females. At the Famous "Cadillac Kiss Day" his manager had to stay with Gene all day to stop him screwing teenage girls in the high school. "Leave em alone Gene"

Why the selective double standard? Do groupies never come out?

It's pretty tough to categorize that as "abuse", when groupies are having a fantasy of theirs fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    It's pretty tough to categorize that as "abuse", when groupies are having a fantasy of theirs fulfilled.
    Underage groupies cannot give legal or other consent. Its a clear double standard. Both Page and Simmons and many others in the Rock pantheon have admitted to the behaviors in tell all sordid autobiographies. Page had a spouse that was 14yrs old when he was near 30. So why not an investigation into the music industry and artists that perpetrate this?

Plus, bands would take groupies on all expenses paid tours. That wasn't even the exception, more the rule. So not only do the artists have authority and control within that relationship they exert power within it. Girsl that didn't "put out" were often told not only that they would get kicked off that tour they were blacklisted for other bands to ignore. For a groupie that was being cut out of a whole lifestyle, peer association, etc.

The music industry OUGHT to be confronted on all this because it wasn't just actresses and actors being molested on hollwood casting couches, in the case of the music industry it was a case of lock up your daughters tour in every city. During the 70's every week. Which impacted many more people and wherein countless girls, women were abused, raped, sometimes drug raped etc. only to be tossed out like used condoms.
    Last edited by Replacement; 09-11-2017 at 02:05 PM.

How about all the female teachers that sexually abuse male underage students that you never hear about? Mainstream media absolutely refuses to report on this subject.

It happens all the time. But you have been trained to believe that because they're male, they simply can't be sexually abused by a female because "gettin' laid and all that", even if it is a unacceptable young age.

See the double standard? Nobody gives a f*ck. Because their just boys and it doesn't fit the standard feminist victim narrative.

Open up your freaking eyes. You cucks are making me ill.
    Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

C2E Long Term Contributor

^ Not all of us are misogynists
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Continued Contributor

^^What? Those cases of females sexually assaulting their male students get reported all the time. And the people that think it's okay because they're male tend to be the male misogynists not the feminists.

So when is the disgusting DB Gene Simmons going to be taken down? I would cheer for that one, not that I wouldn't in anycase but it so often seems like the worst examples are never brought to justice.

Is Rock life immune to this. Jimmy Page was notorious for bedding down with underage girls and doesn't deny any of it. Gene Simmons at every concert would point at the women he wanted back stage and his lackies would go procure them. Gene has also acknowledged propensity to bed with underage females. At the Famous "Cadillac Kiss Day" his manager had to stay with Gene all day to stop him screwing teenage girls in the high school. "Leave em alone Gene"

If they were underage, I agree with you, its a problem. But, the rest of your post reads like jealously - I'm sorry, but that's rock n roll, the performers are basically gods to women. Heck, if Rihanna pointed at me and pulled me back stage, I'd have a tough time saying no.

Have to keep in mind times have changed though. How many songs are there about sweet 16's, and similar? The Beatles sing, "she was just 17, you know what I mean". Dancing Queen - is all about a 17year old girl at a disco. Attitudes are different now, they are better.
    Last edited by moahunter; 09-11-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post

If they were underage, I agree with you, its a problem. But, the rest of your post reads like jealously - I'm sorry, but that's rock n roll, the performers are basically gods to women. Heck, if Rihanna pointed at me and pulled me back stage, I'd have a tough time saying no.

Have to keep in mind times have changed though. How many songs are there about sweet 16's, and similar? The Beatles sing, "she was just 17, you know what I mean". Dancing Queen - is all about a 17year old girl at a disco. Attitudes are different now, they are better.
    God of Thunder...heh

I was listening to some KISS the other day and its odd how it strikes you that every song Gene (or his dick) ever wrote is about sex. I think way back in the day when I was a tweener I didn't pick up on all of it..

What do you mean, jealous of Rock stars!
    Last edited by Replacement; 09-11-2017 at 03:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing View Post
    Those cases of females sexually assaulting their male students get reported all the time.
    I have noticed that the hot ones don't receive sentences as harsh as the ugly/fat ones do.

C2E Continued Contributor

Those cases of females sexually assaulting their male students get reported all the time.
    I have noticed that the hot ones don't receive sentences as harsh as the ugly/fat ones do.
    citation needed.

Of course.

No trauma to the victim.

^ Not all of us are misogynists
    This is the best you can do? I point out a blatant double standard and you go to the standard feminist "you're such a misogynist". Your post isn't gonna get you laid, buddy.

You useless Cuck.

^Have to agree that it is a double standard when it comes to female teachers going after their male pupils. When you think about it do these female teachers stalk then groom these young guys. Are they targets for this type of women. They should look into the motives or reasons these women do this type of thing. Is it immaturity, lust, low self esteem?. When it's reversed (male teacher/young female student) the guy gets called pedo, pervert, sicko etc. If it was a male teacher/young male student relationship the doo doo would hit the fan for all kinds of innuendo. Female teacher praying on young male students seems to get a pass when it comes to sentencing and condemnation. Then there are the cases where female teachers have prayed on young female students. That seems to provoke more of a reaction for the victim.

Nice to see a woman understand the double standard, some of the mangina cucks around here refuse to admit that there's some serious dirty pool being played.

When a male teacher takes advantage of an underage female student he's pretty much done for. Media states he's a pedo, he's charged, usually a conviction, jailtime, job loss and his name on the sex registry list.

When a woman teacher takes advantage of an underage male student the media headline usually states akin "an afterschool romp", sometimes not even any charges, less chance of a conviction, usually does NOT lose her job and usually is NOT put on the sex registry list.

But remember mangina SDM, according to you feminists we males are the ones that are priviledged. The best part we can be ruined just on an accusation... something a female never has to worry about.

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Nice to see a woman understand the double standard, some of the mangina cucks around here refuse to admit that there's some serious dirty pool being played.

When a male teacher takes advantage of an underage female student he's pretty much done for. Media states he's a pedo, he's charged, usually a conviction, jailtime, job loss and his name on the sex registry list.

When a woman teacher takes advantage of an underage male student the media headline usually states akin "an afterschool romp", sometimes not even any charges, less chance of a conviction, usually does NOT lose her job and usually is NOT put on the sex registry list.

But remember mangina SDM, according to you feminists we males are the ones that are priviledged. The best part we can be ruined just on an accusation... something a female never has to worry about.
    Awards were given out for the movie American Beauty which I saw as just a big promotion of a pediophile and Colbert is probably right!

Colbert: These Accusations Against Roy Moore Are So Damning, Voters Will ‘Make Him President!’

https://www.mediaite.com/tv/colbert-...him-president/

BS from the IMDB Review on American Beauty:

“To start off with Lester Burnham, to all you stupids, he is not a pedophile! What are you thinking? “

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0169547/...5?mode=desktop

Yeah right. This is total BS. They even gave Spacey and the movie several awards for “promoting” this characterization of a 40 yr old geezer and a young girl. Pedophile!

Soooo.... now in light of all the sexual abuse, rape, molestation and other crap coming out about directors, actors, politicians, etc, one would naturally wonder about the authors and directors of such “cutting edge” movies.

The point is, there’s loads of double standards. Plus there’s a lot of apologists and enablers for such abusive and opportunistic behaviour.
    Last edited by KC; 10-11-2017 at 10:50 AM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

It has been a while since I have seen that movie, but I don't remember the "young girl" (who was 16 or 17 IIRC, not 12) being coerced into doing anything she did not want to do.

Read it a long time ago, old news.

All I'm asking of you is to grow a pair of balls and quit enabling the double standard that ruins men's lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post
    It has been a while since I have seen that movie, but I don't remember the "young girl" (who was 16 or 17 IIRC, not 12) being coerced into doing anything she did not want to do.
    Coercion? Interesting.

So what do mangina cucks have to do to grow up to be a real man like Kitlope? Continue to reassert masculine dominance over women?

Where does masculine dominance come into the conversation? This is about the double standards at play with men being on a harsh receiving end.

Enlighten yourself.

"Jeremy Piven on Hollywood sex scandal: 'Careers are being destroyed based on mere allegations"

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a8048511.html

Just to add that Mena Suvari was actually 21 during the filming of American Beauty... I think I must have checked that at the time just in wonder..

As to others comments about the movie it is a morality tale. American Beauty, and even the title, is intentionally sarcastic. Its a portrayal of what is wrong with current day life devoid of any morality or grounding. Its not telling you to live your lives like that the message is that these people are all broken, pretenders, imposters, and with depravity hidden underneath the surface. Its the whole gist of the film. Lester Burnham dies before the end. Something dies in him before the start of the film. This is a character that gives up on life. Gives up his job, his marriage, his family and just stops caring about any of it. This is a broken man. He is not depicted as something to aspire to. None of the characters are.

One of the things that hasn't been mentioned in the Male-Female tale of the sexes is that in present day women get to define what rape, seduction, foreplay, assault, arousal, offensive, good sex is. Its actually become increasingly vague. The same actions, identical actions can get described or perceived a multitude of ways even though they are the same actions. So that one women might find something arousing and might find the very same action offensive at another time. Even with the same partner.

Men are generally easy. Physiologically we are preprogrammed for sex. This being true of most of the mammal kingdom. When a female is sensed to have acquiesced the male of the species is pretty immediately ready to perform copulation.

The hardwiring of female sexuality is MUCH different and involves intricacy that males don't experience, or necessarily comprehend. I'm required to attend Sexual assault workshops. (part of certification requirements of employment) and one thing that always gets stated in these is that males need to detect what the female is feeling or thinking. That even though you've both taken your clothes off it isn't necessarily yes, even though you are in passionate foreplay it isn't yes. even though you have started intercourse consensually this is not a yes to finish. (this has actually been stated) A man is actually supposed to realize during the height of coitus that a female has suddenly changed her mind. She doesn't even need to verbalize it. But what I've raised in these sessions is that this entirely ignores, and misunderstands male sexual action. Which would perhaps be better understood observing a male preying mantis having its head chewed off while it is intent on finishing coitus..

In short a male is not very cognizant of every female nuance or action/inaction during coitus. The male at that point is more typically at a state of arousal that sees one culmination.

The very danger is that the rewriting of definitions of assault, rape, coercion, by females, is ignoring some primary difference in sex anatomy, profile, and the sexual response of males and females. Clearly its easier for females to say no at any point in sex whereas male sexual response is less clear during heightened arousal and especially in the actual act of sexual intercourse. Yet if a female shifts herself or coughs or something and doesn't say no or anything like that the male is being expected to comprehend no even if it is not communicated.

Last word, and this should preclude sexual contact for males is that Sexual Assault presenters in this city have gone as far to say that a Women can change her mind after sex, the next day, a week later. She can change her mind about consensual sex being non consensual. She can alter the event based on post cognition to term and label the sexual dalliance as an assault.

If you don't believe me go to a Sexual Assault Center Edmonton presentation. Its absolutely whacked. I feel sorry for young males that do not yet have life partners.

Last word, and this should preclude sexual contact for males is that Sexual Assault presenters in this city have gone as far to say that a Women can change her mind after sex, the next day, a week later. She can change her mind about consensual sex being non consensual. She can alter the event based on post cognition to term and label the sexual dalliance as an assault.

If you don't believe me go to a Sexual Assault Center Edmonton presentation. Its absolutely whacked. I feel sorry for young males that do not yet have life partners.
    Decades later even. Look no further than Ghomeshi trial, what this thread is about. Talk about moving the goal posts! One days' rough sex is a future days' sexual assault. Must be nice to be able to move the goal posts like that, playing victim while ruining an innocent man.

I feel bad for the young men of today as well. And a lot of them are simply checking out of the dating/marriage game, smoking pot and playing video games. Not the healthiest thing in the world to do but hey - No worries about getting trapped, divorce raped, raising someone' else's thug spawn, being financially f*cked for decades. Can't blame them either. I wish I would have done the same when I was younger... but at least I did learn when I was young. The hostile anti-male climate of todays (and I'm gonna call it what it is, 4th wave radical feminism) has NOTHING to do with equality and EVERYTHING to do with destroying men. And there's a lot of that going on right now.

Just think about how much power she holds when she cries rape or abuse. You're f#cked. We men do NOT have that kind of power. I cannot at will get someone thrown in jail and charged just on my word, for anything. But she has that privilege. And unfortunately it's becoming all too common as a tactic for vengeful women. And when caught in lies or admitted false... nothing happens. Usually zero consequences.

And the best part is, when you talk about it, mangina's like SDM call you a misogynist, so the pattern just repeats itself. Dog keeps chasing its tail so to speak, so nothing gets accomplished, no discussions are had and laws get rewritten, making it more difficult for a man to prove his innocence. Yup, even that's occurring and the Ghomeshi trial started it, even though he was acquitted.

Male privilege indeed.
    Last edited by Kitlope; 12-11-2017 at 11:45 AM.

In the case of Harvey Weinstein it seems he had been getting away with a lot of nefarious things. It seems like his actions were Hollywoods' worst kept secret. I'm sure he could have (and should have been) outed years ago as enough people were effected by what he did. Is fame and fortune worth selling your soul to people sexually exploiting you to reach that gaol.
    It's very annoying to watch shows with people like Gordon Ramsey (who is a chef) where his protégé are calling him 'sir' etc. and running around him like he is some kind of important person. He's a cook for cripes sake not the head of National Defence. This is what the Hollywood industry does to people. Once they are famous it's as if they become powerful and important. Weinstein used all that to exploit people. Sick man.

So what do mangina cucks have to do to grow up to be a real man like Kitlope? Continue to reassert masculine dominance
    over women?
    After years of posting I find Kitlope is about the only guy on here who does see things from a woman's point of view. You don't seem to have a clue. Of course there is a double standard in a lot of things and it goes both ways. Some of them are being addressed others are not even close yet. I am all for equality but men and women have being doing many things for thousands of years. We are not going to sort it in one lifetime.

So what do mangina cucks have to do to grow up to be a real man like Kitlope? Continue to reassert masculine dominance
    over women?
    After years of posting I find Kitlope is about the only guy on here who does see things from a woman's point of view. You don't seem to have a clue. Of course there is a double standard in a lot of things and it goes both ways. Some of them are being addressed others are not even close yet. I am all for equality but men and women have being doing many things for thousands of years. We are not going to sort it in one lifetime.
    Accurate? I don’t know. Do all women have the same point of view?

However, some people don’t want anything sorted out in their lifetimes. It will be progress if we can just get to a point of treating more people as individuals and not always as just a mindless, thoughtless clone as defined by some idiots seeing themselves as defined by some or other group.
    Last edited by KC; 12-11-2017 at 05:27 PM.

Awards were given out for the movie American Beauty which I saw as just a big promotion of a pediophile and Colbert is probably right!

Colbert: These Accusations Against Roy Moore Are So Damning, Voters Will ‘Make Him President!’

“To start off with Lester Burnham, to all you stupids, he is not a pedophile! What are you thinking? “

Yeah right. This is total BS. They even gave Spacey and the movie several awards for “promoting” this characterization of a 40 yr old geezer and a young girl. Pedophile!

Soooo.... now in light of all the sexual abuse, rape, molestation and other crap coming out about directors, actors, politicians, etc, one would naturally wonder about the authors and directors of such “cutting edge” movies.

The point is, there’s loads of double standards. Plus there’s a lot of apologists and enablers for such abusive and opportunistic behaviour.
    So, I found American Beauty on Netflix and watched it again. I don't entirely agree with the review above, but it is a lot closer to the mark than calling the movie a promotion of pedophilia. Pedophilia is an attraction to pre-pubescent children, not sexually mature teenagers.

As to others comments about the movie it is a morality tale. American Beauty, and even the title, is intentionally sarcastic. Its a portrayal of what is wrong with current day life devoid of any morality or grounding. Its not telling you to live your lives like that the message is that these people are all broken, pretenders, imposters, and with depravity hidden underneath the surface. Its the whole gist of the film. Lester Burnham dies before the end. Something dies in him before the start of the film. This is a character that gives up on life. Gives up his job, his marriage, his family and just stops caring about any of it. This is a broken man. He is not depicted as something to aspire to. None of the characters are.
    That makes a lot more sense, though I got the impression that his death was supposed to be a bit ironic, occurring just after he finally shows some maturity and decides not to take things any further with the still willing young woman.

So, I found American Beauty on Netflix and watched it again. I don't entirely agree with the review above, but it is a lot closer to the mark than calling the movie a promotion of pedophilia. Pedophilia is an attraction to pre-pubescent children, not sexually mature teenagers.

That makes a lot more sense, though I got the impression that his death was supposed to be a bit ironic, occurring just after he finally shows some maturity and decides not to take things any further with the still willing young woman.
    Good response. I’ll buy that as my thinking was only based on my impression in watching it one time, long ago. Nonetheless, an old guy lusting for a teenager ‘creeped’ me out - and I’m not prude by any measure - except clearly on old guys vs young girls.

Im not alone in this thinking:

#MeAt14: Raising awareness around the age of consent - BBC News

http://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-41967461
    Last edited by KC; 13-11-2017 at 09:16 AM.

Again you'll feel better about it when you realize Mena Suvari was 21 during filming and a knockout beauty.

I have to admit the eyes being caught by the bath of rose petals scene as well, if I'm being honest and everything..

Nor is this imagery isolated in anyway. America is a nation of Guns and cheerleaders and hard to know which it loves more. The movie was good in that it captures the broken dreams of America in sartorial splendor as few films do. So many of the concepts and conceits of America are so thoroughly lampooned in the film and starting with the notion of beauty and what that is. Is it some replaceable tart wrapped up in spandex and a skirt with pom poms or the wonder of a disposable plastic bag dancing in the breeze. Or is beauty fleeting and found much at all in America in a lost nation?
    Last edited by Replacement; 13-11-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Sixth Accuser: Woman Claims George H.W. Bush Groped Her When 'I Was a Child' - Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-groped-child/

Oh this is just too good to not post.

8-year sportswriting vet Ryan Schultz turns out to have been teen girl.

ID revealed after women accuse him of harassment

Sportswriter Ryan Schultz had been blogging about baseball on major sports sites for eight years when some women came forward alleging he harassed them online. Then it was revealed that Schultz, who claimed to have a wife and two children, was not a man at all, but rather a young Missouri woman who had written under the false identity since she was 13.

A Deadpsin report revealed the identity of Ryan Schultz to be 21-year-old Becca Schultz, who took on the identity to freely write for sites like SB Nation and Baseball Prospectus. As the years went by, Becca couldn't figure out how to disentangle herself from the fabricated persona. The young woman's story started to fall apart over the weekend, Deadspin reports, when the Twitter account @rschultzy20, which supposedly belonged to Ryan Schultz, tweeted a misogynistic joke that ruffled some online feathers. According to Uproxx, the account was deleted, reactivated and deleted again.

Then the stories started pouring in. Some women on Twitter claimed Schultz had harassed them.

Two revealed they had sent the writer nude photos. Deadspin contacted the women, who said they had formed "serial relationships" with Ryan Schultz and used Twitter to chat about baseball and hockey.

The Deadspin report goes on to reveal that some of the women claimed Ryan would "get drunk and berate them" or would "imply that he'd hurt himself" if the women cut off the correspondence.

Becca Schultz told the media site that she "wanted to be a sportswriter" and figured the only way to get noticed was to act like a "stereotypical guy."

"I was young and had no idea what to do," she said, "so I just acted like I thought a man would."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...photo-12347157

I'll let the forum members here come to their own conclusions about this one.

Last edited by Kitlope; 14-11-2017 at 04:42 AM.

Oh this is just too good to not post.

8-year sportswriting vet Ryan Schultz turns out to have been teen girl.

ID revealed after women accuse him of harassment

Sportswriter Ryan Schultz had been blogging about baseball on major sports sites for eight years when some women came forward alleging he harassed them online. Then it was revealed that Schultz, who claimed to have a wife and two children, was not a man at all, but rather a young Missouri woman who had written under the false identity since she was 13.

A Deadpsin report revealed the identity of Ryan Schultz to be 21-year-old Becca Schultz, who took on the identity to freely write for sites like SB Nation and Baseball Prospectus. As the years went by, Becca couldn't figure out how to disentangle herself from the fabricated persona. The young woman's story started to fall apart over the weekend, Deadspin reports, when the Twitter account @rschultzy20, which supposedly belonged to Ryan Schultz, tweeted a misogynistic joke that ruffled some online feathers. According to Uproxx, the account was deleted, reactivated and deleted again.

Then the stories started pouring in. Some women on Twitter claimed Schultz had harassed them.

Two revealed they had sent the writer nude photos. Deadspin contacted the women, who said they had formed "serial relationships" with Ryan Schultz and used Twitter to chat about baseball and hockey.

The Deadspin report goes on to reveal that some of the women claimed Ryan would "get drunk and berate them" or would "imply that he'd hurt himself" if the women cut off the correspondence.

Becca Schultz told the media site that she "wanted to be a sportswriter" and figured the only way to get noticed was to act like a "stereotypical guy."

"I was young and had no idea what to do," she said, "so I just acted like I thought a man would."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/articl...photo-12347157

I'll let the forum members here come to their own conclusions about this one.

“Crazy lady”?

Kit, I’m starting to wonder if you’re actually a guy - or a gal acting like a stereotypical...

To be fair, trying to act "just like a typical guy" is a factor in bad behaviour for a lot of actual guys too, and it's not a valid excuse for them either.
    There can only be one.

^ The quote was "stereotypical guy", not "typical guy". While there is generally kernel of truth in stereotypes, they certainly don't describe everyone, or even a majority, of the group they refer to.

“Crazy lady”?
    Or a talented actor working with a bad script?

Takei, from Star Trek, who is doing a speaking engagement benefit here this month that is nearly sold out is now in the crosshairs for allegedly grabbing some younger guys butt or something.

In anycase I'm not a huge fan of the retro standardizing of what went on decades ago. As I recall the 70's and 80's a lot of people did coke, grabbed asses, made passes and they were kind of really depraved times in general. I'm not a drug or disco fans so I really didn't partake but theres a real problem in pulling retroactive jurisprudence on things that happened, and were common insitu decades ago.

In essence you could take Mad Men era as well and just lock em all up. Or sue everybody or some such thing.

The net effect of taking todays PC definitions or what constitutes rape or assault or inappropriate conduct is that it applies new definitions of appropriate behavior retroactively and fault finds what were right or wrong fairly standard and modeled behaviors of the time or say in a type activity. For instance Nudist colonies, bath houses. Anybody that's ever attended any of these could make a false accusation about anybody.

Other things as well. I think its changed now but hugging people at say Xmas parties, or even a peck on a cheek at one time were fairly standard and most everybody would do It. You would be considered stand offish or a prude if you didn't partake. Now you'd be run into court if somebody so much as wants to make any random allegation about anybodies decades ago conduct. This not even getting into cultural mores where still today people kiss on the cheek and hug and stuff as part of their learned culture.

Finally, a lot of the lawsuits are based on after perception. Decades after perception. So that defendants don't have any context in which to defend actions they likely don't even closely remember or to gather character witnesses decades later.
    I really thing there should be some kind of timed statute on latent abuse allegations and lawsuits. With guided therapy where patients "remember" things that never occurred as such in the first place we really are entering into dangerous and choppy waters.
    Last edited by Replacement; 16-11-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Outside of possible changing attitudes concerning “office socials” (Christmas parties, business-home parties, business conferences and of course “training” trips) I don’t think I’m engaging in any historical revisionism when I say that throughout my working career, in the actual day to day office place / shop / site, I’ve pretty much known that much if not all of what has been happening in the “workplace” was very unprofessional and inappropriate. However, then and now, coworkers socializing with booze and drugs is a recipe for disaster.

Outside of work, I don’t know what if anything had changed.

Charlie Rose suspended following sexual harassment allegations - BBC News
    Excerpt:
    “They span from the 1990s to 2011 and include groping, lewd telephone calls and unwanted advances.“

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42060961
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 08:16 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123