Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Downtown Office Tower Vacancies

C2E Long Term Contributor

The same Allards who was the lone holdout against the Warehouse Park in favor of their Impark parking lot?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Continued Contributor

Let’s expropriate it and build a park.

C2E SME

Ahhh ok, that explains a lot. While so many properties are being developed and even dangled out there to just see if there is interest in the land, this property has been quiet. It's so sad that while we have a number of people wanting to move forward with the downtown core, that we also have a few holdouts that have been and perhaps will always be holdouts to remaining the status quo.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Well, I am sure that parking lot is very profitable. So whats the motivation to do anything. I can understand why they probably aren't in any rush to sell it.

There's greater profitability to be had, especially if a multiple underground parkade replaces a surface lot. But I say let's wait a few years until the rest of all this downtown construction takes a breather.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E SME

It's too bad though that we have to wait a few years. Meanwhile on a positive note other properties do get developed and other parts of the downtown are getting some love.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    There's greater profitability to be had, especially if a multiple underground parkade replaces a surface lot. But I say let's wait a few years until the rest of all this downtown construction takes a breather.
    An existing parking lot is guaranteed profit. A project that will take 5-10 years and 100+ million to develop and lease up, not so much.

Colliers’ fourth-quarter 2018 office market report shows last year was the first year of positive office space absorption in Edmonton in the past four years. The majority of that absorption, 333,094 square feet, occurred downtown.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    An existing parking lot is guaranteed profit. A project that will take 5-10 years and 100+ million to develop and lease up, not so much.
    Exactly my point. Some people here don't fully acknowledge the risk associated with developing a site.

I would rather encourage more development instead of defending the existence of an Allard/Impark parking lot

I would rather encourage more development instead of defending the existence of an Allard/Impark parking lot
    Encourage the same people that spawn the pigeon concentration camp at the former CN extended podium that was once abut to Epcor? That was how encouraged they were lol. Their overhead cost is next to nothing but they make incrediblet income, so why would they change that formula at present ? If our core was a hyper heated market, I would see this argument.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234