Thread: Anybody else play Day-Z Standalone on the pc?

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Default Anybody else play Day-Z Standalone on the pc?

Been getting into this online survival game, it's still an alpha and gonna be for the next year or so and is available as an early release on Steam. Probable official release in the second half of 2016. I'm pretty impressed with the developer, Bohemia Interactive, as they communicate well with the community and update progress on their forums with the game as content and such is added.

It's fascinating as a sandbox, many different ways to play and you never know who to trust when you cross paths with other players. The map is huge (225 km2) and just running around exploring is a game in itself. I'm sure the psychologists are having a field day studying the players and how they act in Day-Z, sometimes you meet a player and he's friendly and he'll give you food (as you talk through in-game voice chat) and then other times a player is coming at you with an axe or pitchfork or trying to blow your head off with a shotgun. Bonus points for the players that do this even though you have recently spawned in and have nothing but a pair of shoes, jeans, t-shirt and a flashlight. It reminds me of a psychological thriller from the 1970's as it's not hard to get the adrenaline going, especially considering if you get whacked you lose all your gear and then start from scratch. So yeah, that adds a dimension that you just don't get from most games. As the saying goes, "Don't get attached to your stuff".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DayZ_(video_game)

Was thinking about it but imo the game is still too broken.

Maybe when it gets a proper release I will jump in.
    be offended! figure out why later...

Yeah, it is. Still a good time but will be nicer in another year