Thread: CityTV moving?

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default CityTV moving?

Mack Male blogged that he heard that the Citytv lease is up at Enterprise Square and they’ll be moving.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Who owns CityTV and what is the name of the new arena
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Would make sense to move to the ICE District, more action, people and exposure.

As long as they don't move to the hubcap district, that's fine. In fact, I hope Sonic and Bounce move to the Ice District.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Continued Contributor

city is moving to sonic. rogers is pinching pennies because they own that little building and rent enterprise
    Last edited by DTrobotnik; 15-09-2015 at 01:11 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by DTrobotnik View Post
    city is moving to sonic. rogers is pinching pennies because they own that little building and rent enterprise

The Hub Cap district is a perfect fit for C I T Y.
    Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

According to another Mack Male tweet, they are moving to the hubcap district by the end of the year

interesting. It added a nice bit of life to that corner, even with just the screens etc... Hopefully that space doesnt stay vacant for long - that stretch is a bit of deadzone, with the UofA occupying the other end

Yes, there are significant renovations happening in the Sonic building. People from World FM have been moved temporarily back to Enterprise while the work occurs, and then they will all move to the Hub Cap District.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilman View Post
    Would make sense to move to the ICE District, more action, people and exposure.
    My thoughts as well, with Rogers having both the Southwest corner and sub-Winter-Garden studio spaces in the arena, would they not be able to host all their company's brands' live Edmonton content there? Or were they planning to do more than just gametime broadcasts with Sportsnet?
    Let's make Edmonton better.

C2E SME

So where is the hubcap district? Are we talking bout Calgary trail? Sorry I'm a bit lost this morning.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    So where is the hubcap district? Are we talking bout Calgary trail? Sorry I'm a bit lost this morning.
    Calgary Trail around 59th Ave I believe.

While I wish that Rogers would have consolidated everything in Ice District, I get why they aren't. A radio station is much more than just the 1 person on-air, as is a tv station.

I can't help but think that they'll have some sort of mini Rogers studio fronting onto the plaza, much like the little studios in WEM (are those still there?) for remote hits and events.

City TV will be 5915 Gateway Boulevard
    New and Used Hubcap Warehouse is 5905 Gateway
    Last edited by Drumbones; 26-11-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Just so everyone is clear:

CityTV is moving to the building at 59 Ave and Calgary Trail where Rogers' radio stations are located (Sonic 102.9 and The Bounce). Note that The Bounce was also located at Enterprise Square until a few years ago, after Rogers acquired both stations.

The area is known as the "hubcap district" which was coined by Sonic 102.9's DJs in reference to their long-time ugly neighbor.

Source: Google Maps
    https://goo.gl/maps/SZm2EAqBAC22

"Edmonton's Majestic Used Hubcap District"

The Dinner TV folks look very enthused by the move
    https://www.instagram.com/p/-4_y6Mj8eB/