Thread: Bombardier Inc. could be barred from bidding on future TTC contracts

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Bombardier Inc. could be barred from bidding on future TTC contracts

Bombardier Inc. could be banned from bidding on future Toronto Transit Commission contracts as early as next week, when an exasperated TTC board will decide how to punish the company for its streetcar production delays.

One of the options on the table will be barring Bombardier from any future work with the TTC — North America’s third-busiest urban transit system, behind New York and Mexico City.

Last week, Bombardier informed the TTC that its summertime promise to have 23 new streetcars in service by the end of the year will not be met, revising that downward to 16. But the TTC dismissed the new number, saying it has “no confidence” in the company’s schedule anymore.

If Bombardier had stuck to its original delivery plan, the TTC would have 67 of 204 new streetcars in operation by now. Instead, it only has 10.

http://business.financialpost.com/ne...n-as-next-week
    Last edited by Glenco; 21-10-2015 at 11:05 PM.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

I thought the company was hurting for work. The aircraft division laid off thousands...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

^ I don't think they transfer many workers between rail and air. Most of their aerospace is in Canada and Kansas, while most of their rail is in Europe with some in New York State.

They also have some minor rail operations in Vancouver and Thunder Bay, the latter of which I thought I heard in connection with this contract. Not really sure.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I thought the company was hurting for work. The aircraft division laid off thousands...
    They seem to be a total shambels... in other words, perfect for a Quebec government (hopefully not Federal as well), bail out

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    They seem to be a total shambels... in other words, perfect for a Quebec government (hopefully not Federal as well), bail out

Our Federal transfer payments at work...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

From that same article...

“They’ve changed so many people in terms of managing that line. It’s kind of shocking,” Colle said in an interview, adding..."

http://business.financialpost.com/ne...n-as-next-week

Yet you're fine with bailing out Calgary companies with Edmonton's money.

Thanks for your 'concern.'

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Yet you're fine with bailing out Calgary companies with Edmonton's money.

Thanks for your 'concern.'
    Edmonton's money or Albertans' money? Supporting business that grows Alberta can be quite justifiable. Though, I'd always prefer governments take an equity or royalty stake for any descrete support.

What goes for Calgary should go for any other city is the point.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Let's not digress to an Alberta conversation when it is Bombardier...

The company as a whole seems to be in a management nightmare...transfer payments or not.
    Onward and upward

This (admitted) digression is pointed squarely at moahunter's hypocrisy. Buddy started entire threads pleading for Calgary bailouts. Point blank: is he a paid lobbyist?

Should not be tolerated on this forum.

Our Federal transfer payments at work...
    Unbelievable, a 4.9b USD loss in third quarter:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/bomb...ment-1.3293716

Quebec government will take a 49.5 percent ownership interest in the plane. Can you imagine the outcry if we gave billions to a company firing staff and struggling in Alberta (there are so many now) like MEG energy, or one various other [email protected] Companies tettering on the edge, to take retake ownership of oil sands rights or similar that were sold to them when oil prices were inflated? We wouldn't and shouldn't do that, but it's very different out East...

I just hope the plane, when it gets completed, finds enough market to pay back that government investment. It will never pay back now the billions already sunk into it per the sales data, with Airbus Neo and Boeing max already having sold to much of the market the plane was supposed to creep into. What I fear now is that Air Canada will be pushed by Liberal government into buying the plane, in effect, another subsidy.
    Last edited by moahunter; 29-10-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Wow, right on cue. In the wrong thread.

Are you a paid lobbyist is the question, moahunter.

Time for Calgary companies to pay fair taxes on profits.

And then moahunter has no problem buying a hugely expensive F-35 fighter that from 100% taxpayers' dollars to an American company. Double standard indeed.

And then moahunter has no problem buying a hugely expensive F-35 fighter that from 100% taxpayers' dollars to an American company. Double standard indeed.
    Whatever fighter we purchase will be hugely expensive. Maybe Trudeau will buy the CS300 as his personal Air Force one equivalent? He could buy a personal train too, to help that division out, of this struggling company. If TTC cancel contracts, i wonder what that means for SE LRT bid using their trains? In fairness, Bombardiar seems to have done better in other cities abound the world, but still, I'd be cautious contracting with them right now, even with those Quebec / Ahem, Alberta, dollars behind them.
    Last edited by moahunter; 29-10-2015 at 06:51 AM.

So, problem with English, moahunter?

Are you a paid lobbyist for Calgary interests?

Oo, now so quiet.

Why can't he answer that question, I wonder.