Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The C2E Movie thread

C2E Long Term Contributor

Hail, Caesar! Surprisingly entertaining.

Trumbo. Very, very well done. Exceptional one-liners.

Hello, my name is Doris. A good period piece.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    'The Big Short' was good, very good.
    Caught it on Netflix last night and I concur. It was very good and educational.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

'The resurrection of Jake the Snake' was quite interesting and rather tragic.
    www.decl.org

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

‘The community is already movie friendly’: actor Danny Trejo praises Edmonton film industry
    Emily Mertz

He’s known for playing insanely good villains, but now, Danny Trejo is taking on a new role: promoter of Edmonton’s movie industry.

Trejo is in the Capital Region filming a romantic comedy called #Roxy. Edmonton-based Mosaic Entertainment is currently filming the movie in Edmonton and St. Albert.

However, this isn’t his first time in town.

“I actually did an autograph signing a while back, a big autograph signing. I liked it here. Everyone was really friendly… It was a lot of fun just signing autographs and seeing people.”
    The city made such an impact on Trejo, he’s suggesting it be the location of an upcoming project he’s working on.

“The crew here is great, the one that we’re working with on #Roxy, is great. Producers are great. I’ve got another producer, Rocky, who wants to do another film, so sure, we’re in the process of putting that together I think possibly for Edmonton.”
    http://globalnews.ca/news/2824713/th.../?sf30964464=1

Love this actor, he has played some great villains over the years.

More Hollywood props the better.

p.s. I've always wanted Trejo to play DC's Lobo, though he might be getting a tad old for the role.

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

My geeky friends are geeking over a couple of trailers that debuted at the San Diego Comic Con this weekend

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Cass R. Sunstein: "The World According to Star Wars" | Talks at Google

Click to 5 minute mark - watch for 7 or 8 minutes to cover "Cascades". Mentions Searching for Sugarman too. Plus has lessons from the Music Lab. Then click to 28 minutes for his conclusion.

Cass R. Sunstein: "The World According to Star Wars" | Talks at Google

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCfq_ay8J6Y

Published on Jul 28, 2016
    Cass R. Sunstein, the Harvard legal scholar, former White House advisor, and co-author of “Nudge”, explores the lessons of Star Wars as they relate to childhood, fathers, the Dark Side, rebellion, and redemption. As it turns out, Lucas’s galaxy also has a lot to teach us about constitutional law, economics, and political uprisings in our own. Ultimately, Sunstein argues, Star Wars is about the freedom of choice and our never-ending ability to make the right decision when the chips are down.

Get the book here: https://goo.gl/ZOfCgg
    Last edited by KC; 28-07-2016 at 02:09 PM.

Having just seen Ghostbusters, this struck home. It was an OK movie but nothing more, which too bad as it used to be different. Very few of the movies intended to be huge this year will be movies people return to years from now.

Hollywood Gave Up On You: The Summer Movies Of 2016

The best thing you can say about this summer’s roster of blockbusters is how forgettable they are. At the very least, their ugliness—in both their aesthetics and storytelling—can’t do that much damage. Once the credits start rolling, most of these films dissolve from the mind like cotton candy in water. Which brings us back to “Stranger Things.” The show trades on those moments you never forgot; the frisson that makes you exclaim, “Hey, I remember that shot from 'The Thing!'” But what makes “Stranger Things” more than pastiche is that it has remembered what made those moments click. That they were part of a well-told story, with fleshed out characters. That even if the movie was a sequel it was concerned not with brand extension but taking characters you cared about on a new adventure. And like “Close Encounters of the Third Kind” and “Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan,” “Stranger Things” remembers to be in love with its actors’ faces; to step back and observe the rhythms of blue collar life in the small town where it’s set; to have the moment when a grieving mother and her older son look through his photos for one of her missing sons. She smiles and compliments her oldest son's photography skills and he blushes and then crumples into sorrow over his brother. These kinds of moments are vanishing from blockbusters, and for no good reason. If nothing else, “Stranger Things” reveals the harsh truth that Hollywood gave up on audiences long before they decided to return the favor.

Trainspotting 2 yesterday. What a trip...back in time and in mind. Classic cut-scenes.
    www.decl.org

One last showing tomorrow night, 930pm, Metro/Garneau

Citizen Jane: Battle for the City

http://www.metrocinema.org/film_view/6343/
    www.decl.org

Batkid Begins: The Wish Heard Around the World
    2015 ‧ Family/Documentary ‧ 1h 27m

I didn’t pick it, my daughter did, and it’s not something I would pick. Glad she did. I watched it and really liked it.

( via TELUS on demand, 3 bucks )

Batkid Begins Movie Review

“...Packed with excellent messages and role models, the film makes a strong case for the positive power of social media when it's used for a good cause (Twitter and Facebook helped make the event a global phenomenon) and shows how people really can make a difference. Discussion of young Miles' illness (leukemia) and treatment could worry some sensitive kids, and there are a few tense scenes staged for Batkid's big day (a woman tied to cable car tracks, fights with villains, etc.), but overall this is a wonderfully heartwarming story for viewers of all ages, with basically zero iffy content. (It's also a love letter to San Francisco; many local landmarks and businesses are featured, and you may find yourself wanting to book a trip there after the credits roll.)”

https://www.commonsensemedia.org/mov.../batkid-begins
    Last edited by KC; 10-09-2018 at 09:06 PM.

I don't usually go to drama's in theatres however this looks very, very good:

First Man is a first-rate movie about America’s most revered astronaut

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123