Thread: Canadian ground troops fighting in Iraq

Default Canadian ground troops fighting in Iraq

Proud to read about our soldiers fighting ISIS on the ground in Iraq.

I guess it has been known for a while now that "trainer" is really just a code for Canadian special forces soldiers acting as spotters for the CF 18s doing bombing missions, or as supporting fighters for the Kurds. In the action described here, directly involved in the ground fighting laying down supporting fire:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/cana...sive-1.3370820

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Of course if we're being fired upon fight back. This is why our aircraft need to be there to support our troops. What are we going to do should our position be over run by the terrorists, call for help and ask Uncle Sam or our Allies? "Hey we need help over here. Hello? Yes we are Canadians (click) Hello? Hello?....."

"The number you have reached is not in service, please call Obama and dial again."
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

I'd rather C2E than work!

I'm hoping someone will talk him out of pulling the CF18s. Military brass or otherwise.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ I agree. The cost of keeping the planes there is lot less then equalization payments Alberta would receive for being a new have not Province (sarcasm) And cheaper still for replacing the CF 18's with the F-35 since there is a net cost across the board. (did that make sense? )
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!