Thread: koodo - Yay or Nay?

C2E Continued Contributor

Default koodo - Yay or Nay?

Looking to possibly change to Koodo from Virgin Mobile, due to the fact that Virgin no longer offers my plan $30 / month for new 2 year contracts with new phone. Anything similar is almost $15-$20/month higher now. My current plan works 100% perfectly fine for my use, 150 minutes anytime, free evenings and weekends, 200mb of data, text. So I don't need the whole unlimited talk, and all that extra stuff, even if it is a good deal at a higher rate, I just don't use anything close to it to justify throwing the money away towards usage I'm not even using.

Looking at Koodo, they have the phone I want (Nexus 6P) and a plan that is very comparable to what I have now, plus I kind of like their tab feature for paying off the phone, over the next 2 years. I need to keep the monthly price of the service down. Not many companies offer low usage plans.

I might also just buy the phone outright direct from Google, and stay with the plan I have with Virgin Mobile, but dropping $700 on a phone up front isn't my favorite option.

Usage is mostly in the city, and Virgin mobile is on Telus/Bell towers, which has had great coverage.

Anyone have experience with dealing with Koodo? Coverage, billing, customer service, etc?

The customer service on Koodo isn't great, but the coverage is excellent, and the plans are good. Sometimes they have some amazing specials if you go there a tthe right time (like 65 per month for 6g).

I'd rather C2E than work!

Koodo uses the Telus network as it is owned by Telus. Having said that they seem to be flexible and helpful. Got ****** off @ TELUS 2 years / switched to Koodo and won't go back to TELUS.
    I'm having people over later to stare at their phones,if you want to drop by

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

My parents are with Koodo and find the product decent. The customer service is so-so.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    Koodo uses the Telus network as it is owned by Telus. Having said that they seem to be flexible and helpful. Got ****** off @ TELUS 2 years / switched to Koodo and won't go back to TELUS.
    This is exactly why Telus started koodo. To keep their customers that are ****** at them and switching to another provider

C2E Continued Contributor

Yay. Simple and straightforward

I switched from Wind to Koodo about a year ago when they had a promo. I get unlimited Canadian calling/text and 1gb LTE data and my bill after tax is $47.71. Much more reliable that Wind and works everywhere. Telus' network is far superior.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Koodo is the best