Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Flair Airlines | Discussion

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by FlyYeg View Post
    Was trying to book YEG-MIA and it looks like those flights are zeroed out. I hope it is just a glitch.
    Still bookable for me. Flies down on Fridays, returns on Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post
    Was trying to book YEG-MIA and it looks like those flights are zeroed out. I hope it is just a glitch.
    showing up now....and booked!!! Thank you Flair for such convenience.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatestX View Post
    showing up now....and booked!!! Thank you Flair for such convenience.
    we just booked for spring break, 4 of us to Miami for $2500. Great deal. That includes 1 checked bag each, a carry on and we chose our seats. They are having a sale. The promo code is on the website.

I am looking forward to trying them out.

First One is Always Free

Flair Gains CTA approval to wet-lease 2 aircraft this winter

With under a month to go, Flair has finally received approval from the Canadian Transportation Agency to lease two aircraft this winter that will be used for commercial passenger transportation.
    The two aircraft they will be leasing will be from Travel Service (From Czech Republic).

Lease #1 - December 1, 2018 - December 30, 2018
    Lease #2 - December 1, 2018 - April 30, 2018

Since this is a "wet-lease", Travel service will be providing the crews for Flair.
    You can read the official CTA rulings below...
    https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/a-2018-248
    https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/a-2018-249

With Flair receiving approval for the leased aircraft, they have enabled the option to book flights originating from the USA to Canada (They were playing it safe by waiting for the ruling **cough** unlike swoop)

Flair's first Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft is expected to arrive in December at some point. The reason for the one month lease is for Flair to take pilots out of commercial service so that they can be trained on the newer equipment. The Boeing 737-800 is expected to be in service after the short lease ends (December 30)
    Last edited by JAKELRS; 24-11-2018 at 11:41 AM. Reason: grammar errors

Flair messes up big time with flight delay. Drag out the delay to 12-14 hours and then call the police.

Flair Airlines apologizes after calling RCMP on passengers, following 12-hour flight delay

Flair's right of care policy states that a "schedule irregularity" lasting more than eight hours obligates the low-cost carrier to provide overnight hotel accommodation for passengers who don't live in the city.

"Eight hours came and went ... hours ago," one passenger said in the video. "I'll tell you something, if I were in your shoes I'd be fuming right now," an officer responded.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...elay-1.4918963

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by JAKELRS View Post
    Flair Gains CTA approval to wet-lease 2 aircraft this winter

With under a month to go, Flair has finally received approval from the Canadian Transportation Agency to lease two aircraft this winter that will be used for commercial passenger transportation.
    The two aircraft they will be leasing will be from Travel Service (From Czech Republic).

Lease #1 - December 1, 2018 - December 30, 2018
    Lease #2 - December 1, 2018 - April 30, 2019

Since this is a "wet-lease", Travel service will be providing the crews for Flair.
    You can read the official CTA rulings below...
    https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/a-2018-248
    https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/a-2018-249

With Flair receiving approval for the leased aircraft, they have enabled the option to book flights originating from the USA to Canada (They were playing it safe by waiting for the ruling **cough** unlike swoop)

Flair's first Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft is expected to arrive in December at some point. The reason for the one month lease is for Flair to take pilots out of commercial service so that they can be trained on the newer equipment. The Boeing 737-800 is expected to be in service after the short lease ends (December 30)
    corrected.
    Cant do much with a 1 month on the first license - makes me wonder why bother.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    corrected.
    Haha thanks for catching that

From what's being said, they are going to use the one month lease to train crew on the new 737-8 equipment they will be receiving.
    I am still curious why they would start the lease on December 1st when they start flying the jysc of the U.S routes on December 15th... its pretty much a 15-day lease in that case.

corrected.
    Haha thanks for catching that

From what's being said, they are going to use the one month lease to train crew on the new 737-8 equipment they will be receiving.
    I am still curious why they would start the lease on December 1st when they start flying the jysc of the U.S routes on December 15th... its pretty much a 15-day lease in that case.
    The minimal lease duration is likely one month.

First One is Always Free

Flair has been paying flight attendants 30% more than Westjet and Air Canada pay their flight attendants. Original FA's will continue to make their higher wage while new flight attendants will be receiving a more competitive wage.

Flairs negotiation tactics and how CUPE tried to bring down the airline are explained in this article: https://business.financialpost.com/e...#comments-area

Flair has been paying flight attendants 30% more than Westjet and Air Canada pay their flight attendants. Original FA's will continue to make their higher wage while new flight attendants will be receiving a more competitive wage.

Flairs negotiation tactics and how CUPE tried to bring down the airline are explained in this article: https://business.financialpost.com/e...#comments-area
    Any flight disruptions due to strike would be catastrophic for Flair. Let's hope against it.

Just booked YVR for Feb. Please no disruption!
    www.decl.org

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by faraz View Post
    Any flight disruptions due to strike would be catastrophic for Flair. Let's hope against it.
    Flair did a survey with higher paid flight attendants and the majority said they would continue to work if there was a strike. I doubt this will be an issue, the veteran FA's are happy with their current pay (Flair was going to do a 30% pay-decrease since they are allowed to since the FA's are unionized but shifted gears). The main problem according to the article is that the union isn't happy with the two-tier pay system that Flair is currently doing (New FA's lower wage).

Flair did a survey with higher paid flight attendants and the majority said they would continue to work if there was a strike. I doubt this will be an issue, the veteran FA's are happy with their current pay (Flair was going to do a 30% pay-decrease since they are allowed to since the FA's are unionized but shifted gears). The main problem according to the article is that the union isn't happy with the two-tier pay system that Flair is currently doing (New FA's lower wage).
    Do you know if there is a deadline for negotiations?

First One is Always Free

Do you know if there is a deadline for negotiations?
    There was some light turbulence back in October but it seems steady now.
    I don't anticipate any strike action to take place as most of Flair's FA's are happy with the previous offer the company made ("At the next negotiating session, the company announced it would not reduce the wages or benefits of its current employees. On the contrary, it offered certain improvements...there would now be a two-tier wage system.")

As I stated, if a strike were to occur, a survey showed that most FA's would continue working.

"Flair has polled its employees to determine who will continue to work if CUPE strikes. A large number of flight attendants said that they will continue to work, certainly enough to operate the airline without disruption while new flight attendants are hired. Ironically, if CUPE’s strike were to make the airline unreliable to its passengers, Flair would quickly go out of business, thereby eliminating the jobs of all of its members. Flair has taken steps to ensure accordingly that a strike will not prevent it from reliably flying."

First One is Always Free

FLAIR AIRLINES STRIKE THREAT

I am beyond shocked that CUPE has decided to go on and file the 72 hour notice for a strike.
    No word from Flair yet on how they will deal with this.

https://www.princegeorgenow.com/wate...Eo-XBRyb_QUqEY

That’s really unfortunate. So how does it end? Everyone gets paid the lower rate which is closer to market standard? Sounds like no one wins under that scenario.

I had read before most current employees wouldn’t be in favour of a strike.

Not good for a vulnerable airline no matter how you slice it. Ask Westjet what the threat of a strike did to their bookings...

FLAIR AIRLINES STRIKE THREAT

I am beyond shocked that CUPE has decided to go on and file the 72 hour notice for a strike.
    No word from Flair yet on how they will deal with this.

https://www.princegeorgenow.com/wate...Eo-XBRyb_QUqEY
    Must be a different Flair Airlnes ... as the one at YEG moved it’s headquarters to Edmonton from the town of Kelowna. The CUPE union nitwits in the backwater of Kelowna apparently did not get the email.

This is where the union has to change as there has to be different tiers imo. A new employee to a company shouldn't be paid the same about as a veteran employee of a same company. I'm with a union through my part time scaffold, and i have witnessed employees that are less capable than others, so how can they all be paid the same? There as to be a system that accommodates this.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

C2E Long Term Contributor

Union representing Flair Airlines flight attendants issues strike notice

Flight attendants employed by low-cost carrier Flair Airlines are prepared to go on strike Monday amid concerns about wages and scheduling.
    The 139 flight attendants are represented by The Canadian Union of Public Employees, which filed a 72-hour strike notice on Friday.
    The CUPE Local 4060 represents employees in Edmonton, Calgary, Kelowna, Abbotsford and Hamilton.
    The strike notice expires Monday at midnight.

Flair Airlines and the union have been unable to reach agreements on wages, pensions and scheduling issues, CUPE said in a news release.
    "For the past several weeks, this employer has steadfastly refused to step away from its position of two-tier wages and benefits, which is fundamentally unfair," said CUPE representative Gary Yee.
    "Flair is transparently engaging in a divide and conquer strategy aimed at driving a wedge between workers in order to compete with other ultra-low-cost carriers. It is completely unfair to pay one group of flight attendants 30 per cent less for doing the same work as other flight attendants."

In an emailed statement, Flair Airlines spokesperson Iris Dias said the company's flight attendants have historically been paid starting wages that are 30 per cent higher than its competitors.
    "We cannot continue to pay this kind of premium, and have requested all new flight attendants start at the same wages as our competitors," the statement reads.
    "Our aircrew is at the heart of our organization, and we believe our current offer provides a high quality of life for our flight attendants, while ensuring our business remains sustainable."
    Many flight attendants have contacted management to say they'll continue working during the potential strike, Dias said.
    Problems with Flair Air flights on Monday are not expected, but the airline recommends travellers check its website for flight status updates
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

First One is Always Free

Flair Dodges Strike Threat... Kind of...

CUPE has "postponed" to take job action against Flair for now.

The reason isn't because Flair is going back to the table, its because
    the union wants to take legal action because they claim Flair "illegally tilting the balance of power in its favour"

Link: https://www.newswire.ca/news-release...702312811.html

Default Competition Bureau checks WestJet's discount airline Swoop for predatory pricing

"Canada's competition watchdog is looking into whether or not WestJet's discount carrier Swoop has been offering airline tickets at below cost just to push rivals out of those routes."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/wes...reau-1.4942490

What a shock eh?

WestJet doing exactly what it whined Air Canada did when it started.

Oh, and bonus, if you cause Flair to have to cancel flights, more YEG pax will have to transfer through YYC!!!!!!!!

Joy ...
    ... gobsmacked

And if Flair is as successful as WestJet, they'd do the same thing down the road. And so on, and so on....

Well as long as the (very ironically named) "Competition" Bureau lacks the gonads to actually levy substantial, hurtful fines (You know - the kind investors hate?) it will keep going on and on and ...
    ... gobsmacked

I guess the union's threat isn't crimping their expansion plans:

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...n-soaked-spots

From Skyacraper: “
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper and one o nin View Post
    Is Flair's head office out of Edmonton or not? Their website still uses a Kelowna address. I get that it takes time to move and in June Flair said it would take a few months to make the make the move (https://globalnews.ca/news/4283687/f...-headquarters/). What's interesting, however, is EIA has removed the news release from its website (http://corporate.flyeia.com/media-centre/news-releases).

I've noticed Flair ad boards on major roads throughout Edmonton advertising flights to Tampa Bay except those flights are from Winnipeg with no connection offered from Edmonton. Not sure why the ad dollars are being wasted on a destination not offered from this city (direct or connecting).

That is interesting. Tampa or Miami is great for me to our vacation home in Fort Meyers. That trims a flight to TO, overnight stay, and a 5 hour flight in the morning �� a direct flight and a rental car ( roughly 1.5 hr drive either direction).

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    That is interesting. Tampa or Miami is great for me to our vacation home in Fort Meyers. That trims a flight to TO, overnight stay, and a 5 hour flight in the morning �� a direct flight and a rental car ( roughly 1.5 hr drive either direction).
    What's interesting? Are you pretending to NOT know about the future direct flights from EDM to MIA and Orlando on Flair Airlines? Or do you find it interesting that Winnipeg has direct flight to TPA, once again pretending not to know that one either? Or is this an opportunity to brag about your "vacation home" in Ft.Myers? Yeah, every time I go to Florida - I stay at my vacation home in the respective city(s) that I am in. ....doesn't mean that I own it......

No. It's just another convenient option for me. Im aware of Edmonton/Miami... Orlando is out of my way.
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 31-12-2018 at 08:52 PM.

My vacation homes are generally around $150 per day. I do own a cottage in Camrose County though. lol

From Skyacraper: “
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper and one o nin View Post
    Is Flair's head office out of Edmonton or not? Their website still uses a Kelowna address. I get that it takes time to move and in June Flair said it would take a few months to make the make the move (https://globalnews.ca/news/4283687/f...-headquarters/). What's interesting, however, is EIA has removed the news release from its website (http://corporate.flyeia.com/media-centre/news-releases).
    According to their media page, they had already made the move back in June and had been ramping up since then. The site also states they are based in Edmonton now, although the contact information given is still out of Kelowna.

Anecdotally, I have noticed Flair postings for positions continually on the various job sites, all Edmonton based. EIA also seems to have more counters dedicated to Flair now.

For my part, I'm glad we have a hometown airline again. Hopefully it reinvigorates YEG some more - I had a layover at YYC during the holidays and it was quite sobering to see the difference.

https://flairair.ca/media-resources/
    Last edited by Foolworm; 04-01-2019 at 03:20 PM.

Nothing like a good polar vortex to encourage some nice last minute bookings to sun destinations. Hopefully Flair is reaping the benefits.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Foolworm View Post

For my part, I'm glad we have a hometown airline again. Hopefully it reinvigorates YEG some more - I had a layover at YYC during the holidays and it was quite sobering to see the difference.

https://flairair.ca/media-resources/
    Im what ways? My experience flying through Calgary isn’t great. I found it very frustrating going through their customs and collecting my bag took forever. I would pay more to avoid it. Coming home this week and going through ours was a breeze. Although our international baggage claim area could use some more seating and the light bars that are supposed to be sensor activated along the moving walkways to customs weren’t working as usual.

My experience was the opposite - going through customs was a breeze in YYC whereas it was pretty much always slow and unpleasant in YEG.

They also dumped a lot more money into creating an impressive terminus complex and it shows.

My experience was the opposite - going through customs was a breeze in YYC whereas it was pretty much always slow and unpleasant in YEG.

They also dumped a lot more money into creating an impressive terminus complex and it shows.
    How was the next part of your trip getting back to Edmonton. Your breeze experience just evaporated. Calgary thanks you for your lack of support for Edmonton.

Deleted.
    Last edited by SP59; 03-02-2019 at 10:01 PM. Reason: too much information

How was the next part of your trip getting back to Edmonton. Your breeze experience just evaporated. Calgary thanks you for your lack of support for Edmonton.

Uh, thanks on behalf of C2E for being presumptuously judgemental and dragging down the level of civility. I flew from Edmonton and had to transit through Calgary, that was simply how the flight was routed.

Uh, thanks on behalf of C2E for being presumptuously judgemental and dragging down the level of civility. I flew from Edmonton and had to transit through Calgary, that was simply how the flight was routed.
    Da ... sure.

YEG - Mesa return. Flair was great. Over-achieved actually - flight was on a wet leased Czech (CSA) 737 and that tiny Mesa airport is a tourist's delight. Was outside with my carry-on in the blink of an eye.
    ... gobsmacked

C2E Posting Power

Good to hear....wanna check it out in June...Mesa airport...just down a set of stairs, retrieve luggage and on your way? 35 min or so to Tempe/Scottsdale?

no air bridges - ramp down to tarmac - ten second walk to terminal - another ten to the front door.

Tempe / Scottsdale? Hard to say - caught the Yuma shuttle which made a pit stop at sky harbour (They'd call it sky harbor of course) to pick up a second passenger.

Depending on the time of day - traffic moves at speed on the 202.
    ... gobsmacked

Is there a car rental agency at the Mesa airport?

Didn't look, but apparently yes: https://www.gatewayairport.com/rentalcars

Also, a nice outdoor garden with restaurant (weird hours though) post security.
    ... gobsmacked

Their Facebook page says they will be flying to Halifax from Toronto and "The new Flair" on Feb. 13

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

FYI.

There is a dropbox phishing scam going around posing as a Flair Airlines employee sending you a link. I received one today from someone I've met at Flair, but there is no way he'd send me a dropbox without letting me know he is sending a dropbox link.
    President and CEO - Edmonton Airshow. Soon to rebrand to something global.

Default New plane

As per planespotters Boeing 738 C-FFLA ex Primera Air OY-PSJ is due to enter Flair's fleet.

Sure hope it grows on me like the new Air Canada livery did but that lime green is less likely to do so I have a feeling.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2pLcPxnO6Q4

Quote Originally Posted by yegflyer View Post
    As per planespotters Boeing 738 C-FFLA ex Primera Air OY-PSJ is due to enter Flair's fleet.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primer...414932729).jpg
    ... gobsmacked

Couple things from the live video they did on facebook:

* The new plane will be active in the fleet end of March (coming over from paint in Amsterdam) - would have been nice to have the plane on hand at the airport
    * Crew will be in their new uniforms sometime in April
    * Was confirmed they have 4 floors of offices in the old tower at YEG
    * Circle in the logo doesn't have any particular meaning

Surprised no reference to any new destinations.

Wonder if planes depreciate like cars when you drive them off the lot.
    This is a used plane, but only has like 20 days of flight time on it. Should still have that new plane smell.

First One is Always Free

[QUOTE=nobleea;920204]
    This is a used plane, but only has like 20 days of flight time on it. Should still have that new plane smell.
    C-FFLA is a bit older than that, before Primera air, the aircraft flew for Air China. Manufactured in 2010.

I only fly Flair now... they are awesome and they are Edmonton based.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing76 View Post
    I only fly Flair now... they are awesome and they are Edmonton based.
    Website says contact the Kelowna office.

It could be at this stage as they are still setting up shop here? Im assuming a gradual transition process is their attempt to prevent confusions and problems.

I am hoping this is just a glitch in the system, but the flair website is not showing flights to MIA, MCO and PSP starting in March. We have booked flight to PSP in March. Anyone seeing the same?

C2E Continued Contributor

F8 AZA-YEG MAR 0.1>0.5[0]
    F8 AZA-YWG MAR 0.1>0.3[0]
    F8 LAS-YEG MAR 0.2>0.5[0]
    F8 LAS-YWG MAR 0.1>0.3[0]
    F8 MCO-YEG MAR 0.1>0.3[0]
    F8 MCO-YWG MAR 0.1>0.3[0]
    F8 MIA-YWG MAR 0.1>0.3[0]
    F8 MIA-YYZ MAR 0.1>0.3[0]
    F8 PIE-YWG MAR 0.1>0.3[0]
    F8 PSP-YEG MAR 0.1>0.5[0]

Last weeks update on Airliners.net

^So in layman’s terms what does all that mean.

Just called Flair. Doesn't look or sound too good good. They have cancelled a bunch of flights starting in March to MIA, Orlando and Palm Springs from YEG. From YWG, Tampa and MIA are not available and from YYZ, MIA is not available either. Agent seems confused as to what it means. They would honor bookings but they aren't selling seats.

Hate to say this, but I suspect there's more to the story. I asked them to explain to me what would happen to our tickets from PSP, and not much help right now.

I just called Flair too with regard to our trip to Miami at the end of March. The agent said our flight was still on but could not explain why the website is not selling seats. weird. I hope the trip happens and if not I hope I can get my money back through my credit card.

Not a good sign if they can't make it to spring break.

A glitch?

Sounds like Florida and PSP have been cancelled as of the end of this week. Hopefully they handle this well.

I'd be very concerned, metro..I'd hate for you to lose any money.

Why would they risk their repuration like that?

I fear the bookings were so low they feel the pain they will feel will be less than continuing to operate through the end of their winter schedule.

I hope they can navigate this and get back on track as I love the airline. It does get hard to push your family and friends their way with interruptions like these continuously occurring.

Quote Originally Posted by Base View Post
    I fear the bookings were so low they feel the pain they will feel will be less than continuing to operate through the end of their winter schedule.

I hope they can navigate this and get back on track as I love the airline. It does get hard to push your family and friends their way with interruptions like these continuously occurring.

Good point!

The question I ask is, what facts do we know? I'm not doubting that you have concerns, but let's get the topic on the actual reason rather than conjectures simply for we could do damage to them. Many lurkers also read these posts, so let's not throw wild stories if we don't have to. Not preaching but just saying..

C2E Long Term Contributor

Bit off a little bit more than they could chew is my belief.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Their agents continue to say that their flights are still on. Could it be that their lease through SmartWings is falling through and they trying to arrange for another lease. Either way, they should announce something on twitter.

Dammit, flair... I have flights to/from Vegas in April. Looks like the outgoing flight is no longer available for sale.
    I will update here if I hear anything... but I imagine I will have to follow up with my credit card company for a refund sadly if it's cancelled.

I will never fly flair again.

Quote Originally Posted by YEGCanuck View Post
    Dammit, flair... I have flights to/from Vegas in April. Looks like the outgoing flight is no longer available for sale.
    I will update here if I hear anything... but I imagine I will have to follow up with my credit card company for a refund sadly if it's cancelled.

I will never fly flair again.
    Be patient - you read the post below yours. It may be a glitch. Did you PHONE?

First One is Always Free

Low loads to MIA, PIE, and PSP probably prompted the cancelations.

They went into the market with too much on their plate — they went too big too fast. They need to do a better job spreading awareness. Hopefully they can heal their domestic reputation over the summer.

My flight to Miami has been officially cancelled. I noticed on their flight status page and I called to confirm. The agent took my details and said I would get a refund in 3-10 business days and that they were sorry for the inconvenience. No real reason for the cancellation. No email or anything like you would get from a regular airline. I wonder how long I would have waited to hear from them. We are very disappointed. I am going to see if we can still get down there for a reasonable cost. A first world problem to be sure but still disappointing. It does make me leery of ever booking with them again.

Now you confirm that, I would suspect low yields as the culprit. Too bad. Don't we need flights to Chicago? That route was cancelled despite 70+% yield.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

People aren’t travelling to the USA these days. Most people I know who used to go there several times a year have gone elsewhere and they’re pretty happy doing so. I don’t see me going back to the USA anytime soon without major improvements to the Canadian dollar and American government. Unfortunately I don’t see either change happening anytime soon.

We’re taking a trip to the US but almost cancelled when we started adding up the potential accommodation costs.

I still think it’s sad to think of the amount of money Albertans suck out of the domestic economy by vacationing outside of the province. This is disposable income and it really is being disposed.

Oh well, just export more oil, take on more debt to make up for it.
    Last edited by KC; 20-02-2019 at 06:37 AM.

I just got off the phone with a supervisor at flair... Looks like most of their US routes are affected. She said it was due to "operational issues with their US partner".

She also said it's likely LAS will be cancelled altogether in the coming days (they just scaled back from 5x weekly to 2x weekly in the first round of cancellations).

At least they told you something useful. The agent I spoke to made me feel like an ***** and that the flights are all booked up and nothing is cancelled.

May I ask how you were made to feel...?

According to the news, Flair stated it was due to their partner failing on their end long story short.

At least they told you something useful. The agent I spoke to made me feel like an ***** and that the flights are all booked up and nothing is cancelled.
    I heard their CS wasn't good.. I think I'll give them a miss..

May I ask how you were made to feel...?

According to the news, Flair stated it was due to their partner failing on their end long story short.
    kept telling me that no flights means no seats are available and that flights are all full and that's why they don't show up for reservation.

Is that because initially that was what they thought as they didn't know about this glitch with their partners. They are ground level personnel ? Here I thought you meant they were rude verbally or tones tonward you.

Well, the media have picked up on it:

https://globalnews.ca/news/4980120/f...-palm-springs/

They are certainly off to a bumpy start.

Although this has negatively affected 3 family members trip to Orlando in March I still find myself wanting to support the home team airline (my wife has very different views). Would have gone a long way if they had found us alternate travel arrangements which is something they refused upon our request.

Really hope this is a learning opportunity and they can survive it.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

^link is not about Flair

Took Flair to YVR end of February. Flight is fine, flight attendants are super nice. HOWEVER, flight out was 6 hours delayed due to mechanical issues from the night before in Toronto. So that's the downside with flying a smaller air carrier.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    ^link is not about Flair
    Flair got 1 mention that the company the article is about had invested in the airline.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    ^link is not about Flair
    Flair got 1 mention that the company the article is about had invested in the airline.
    sorry I didn't get that ,who invested in Flair? 777 partners from the link you provided, however nowhere in the article is any mention of Flair airlines.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

777 Partners recently made an investment in Flair Airlines, the only independent ultra-low cost carrier in Canada, and announced that is it relaunching the historic World Airways brand as North America's first low-cost, long-haul airline.
    ...barely a mention...and not really about Flair...

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    ^link is not about Flair
    sorry I didn't get that ,who invested in Flair? 777 partners from the link you provided, however nowhere in the article is any mention of Flair airlines.
    From the linked story.

777 Partners recently made an investment in Flair Airlines, the only independent ultra-low cost carrier in Canada, and announced that is it relaunching the historic World Airways brand as North America's first low-cost, long-haul airline

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Gee, thanks. That couldn't be what I quoted above. .

I just decided to post what was actually said regarding Flair from the article. It barely took up more room than your comment about my posting the actual quote.

Sheesh. You try and be complete when someone asks a question and people get all snarky when they don't actually answer the question that was raised even though it only took me 15 secons to click the link and paste the single mention.

Next time I'll just let people keep speculating about it instead of answering it in hope of ending the derail.

C2E Continued Contributor

With Air Canada and Westjet losing a portion of their aircraft due to the Boeing Max investigation until possibly July, I hope this gives Flair a chance to fill up planes and expose their brand to new customers and maybe give them a nice cash flow boost as well.
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    Took Flair to YVR end of February. Flight is fine, flight attendants are super nice. HOWEVER, flight out was 6 hours delayed due to mechanical issues from the night before in Toronto. So that's the downside with flying a smaller air carrier.
    Received a $75 voucher from Flair yesterday for the delay.
    www.decl.org

75 bucks for a six-hour delay?

Man, do we need EU delay compensation rules here?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345