Thread: Downtown Dining Week 2016 - March 11-20

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Downtown Dining Week 2016 - March 11-20

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Good participation this year, maybe the best ever, I just hope that they have unique menu offerings, not simply a packaged meal that I can get any day of the week.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Impressed there's a modicum of places I can eat at this year, but still not a lot I want to eat.

Ah well, that's what you get being a vegetarian in Meatberta & I'm sure it'll be a great success.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Edmonton's Downtown Dining Week adds new eateries to the mix

LIANE FAULDER
    More from Liane Faulder
    Published on: March 8, 2016

Excitement builds each year about the growing number of downtown dining options for Edmontonians. So it’s no surprise that this year’s Downtown Dining Week, the 13th annual affair, is the biggest ever, pulling together 36 eateries in a celebration of great meals at discount prices.

A strong food culture is developing downtown where young and innovative chefs communicate and work together, says Katherine Hoy, marketing director of the Downtown Business Association, which sponsors the event. “Downtown, you see a lot of independents, and that’s different from other parts of Edmonton, with people thinking outside of the box and taking risks. That’s what’s making the downtown dining district really interesting.”

Newcomers to this year’s Downtown Dining Week are Alberta Hotel Bar and Kitchen, Bodega Tapas and Wine Bar, Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse and Cavern cheese shop and wine bar. Downtown Dining Week runs March 11 to 20 and sees restaurants offering set, two-course lunches for $15, three-course dinners for $28 or an executive dinner for $48.

http://edmontonjournal.com/life/food...ies-to-the-mix
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton