Thread: Culina Mill Creek and Bibo closing this fall

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Culina Mill Creek and Bibo closing this fall

Culina Mill Creek and Bibo closing this fall, moving downtown.

http://edmontonjournal.com/life/food...o-to-shut-down
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Bebo was at a perfect location. Very doubtful they find something as quaint in our tree challenged downtown

Gotta agree, as much as it will be nice to have them Downtown, their location was fantastic and certainly a loss.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I'd rather C2E than work!

Huge loss. It was a great little restaurant that was very popular with the neighbourhood.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

The building opens up for another entrepreneur.

I'll be glad to have Culina Downtown. I've enjoyed their offerings at the Muttart and at Riverside.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

What a weird explanation for WHY: "Oh just because... Nothing to do with the economy."

I'd rather C2E than work!

JayBee, I read it that Bibo was moving downtown, but not Culina:

The lease for the restaurant has come up, and chef/owner Brad Lazarenko says it’s time to move on. He’ll also close his tiny jewel of a wine bar located beside Culina, called Bibo, and has plans to move it downtown after securing a suitable space.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

The lease is up. So assuming the owner wanted much more. Too bad. But is downtown a better scene for them? I don't really think so.

^ Depends what one wants/expects, I suppose. Downtown should have more walkup, and it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. But if it's just Bibo moving, I can see that fitting right in Downtown. Culina, not an automatic, but there are some treed streets I think could feel nice and comfy if there's a spot. Kelly Ramsey?
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Anywhere on RHW would be a good choice. The old Moriarty space is still sitting empty.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Any room left in the RHW facing KR rebuild?
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

I think there is the Soul Soup space next to the Portuguese cafe. There's working happening in there, but don't know for what.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012