Thread: Chipotle Mexican Grill

Default Chipotle Mexican Grill

Found this on reddit:
    Last edited by SChau; 16-03-2016 at 11:11 PM.

C2E Posting Power

About time....this place is gonna be insanely busy!

Please be downtown!

First One is Always Free

It's opening in South Edmonton Common, they confirmed via twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by barhonda View Post
    Please be downtown!
    I'm guessing they want to make money - chain resturants seem to do better in suburbs.

I read that they will be opening in 2017. However, when you go to their website, it does't list Edmonton anymore like it did a month ago. I wonder what is going on? And I wonder why it is taking them a year to build it? I hope this project actually happens, I'm getting nervous.

The one and only time I ate in one in California the beef was gristly and I was not impressed.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    The one and only time I ate in one in California the beef was gristly and I was not impressed.
    Their tacos and burritos ROCK! They're getting the **** hammered out of them down South. I am ok if they don't come here....gives me something to look forward to when I do hit the States.....along with Jersey Mikes...::

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Also, chipotle is going through hell down south. Read that their same store sales have been decreasing for the last 18 months and with their recent disasters have dropped between 30-45%. Lots of criticism over the menu being almost identical since first opening 20 years ago. Generally it sounds like the leadership and management are big problems. chipotle wouldn't be a franchise I invest in even if they don't have the same exposure here to the problems as they do down south.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Chipotle did have some e. coli and other food poisoning problems, which with the US economy has probably hurt them, you can blame some of the food poisoning on management or training, but food handling standards are pretty similar from US to Canada.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b009377b235b0d

I'd rather C2E than work!

Top_Dawg hates to quibble but doesn't consumption of burritos cause diarrhea and abdominal pain even when not contaminated ?