Thread: C2E may have sporadic connectivity through April

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Default C2E may have sporadic connectivity through April

All,

You may see slowness or outages over the next week.

Our hosting provider is no longer doing hosting. We have to migrate.

I started this a bit back, I have options, but I also need to review this site's potential.

I must admit, I tire of this being a personality conflict between some users, and other good posters being driven away by a hive mentality.

I will keep you updated.

Admin.
    Ow

Regardless of the outcome, you need to do what is best for you. Should this site come to cessation, I want to personally thank all that were involved with this site!

Likewise I have immensely enjoyed frequenting this site, a hearty thank you is the least I can do. I can only imagine the challenge you must have had.

On the "potential" of the forum, I think there has been some discussions before, but isn't it possible to create a semi-commercial business out of this? With all the talks about grants and funding for small businesses to diversify economically at municipal, provincial and federal levels, isn't there a way to turn this into a business? Hire a few part time moderators, developers etc? Allocate thread space for example to CoE and GoA, with locked comment section, in exchange for funding? Same for promoting other businesses, like the food section we have, or the sports section etc. A few banner ads, here and there, etc. Crowd funding is another way, but of course less stable and less scalable. I don't have enough knowledge, but I am sure you can find experts or brainstorm ideas.

In any case, wish you all the best!

I should imagine running this site is similar to herding cats.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Let's ensure this stays... even with some of the usual crap.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I concur Ian but without the usual crap. We can have duscussions; we can agree to disagree, but some lack kosher and cross the fine line. When characters are defamed and dragged through the mud without proof and concrete facts, I'm not OK with that.

^Needs to be more moderation, users banned if necessary. That hasn't happened in the last few years.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    ^Needs to be more moderation, users banned if necessary. That hasn't happened in the last few years.
    Not sure what the point of banning users is, most of the users that were banned have come back under different pseudonym anyways.
    Some of the moderators that still mod here seem to only apply the ban stick when the poster is not in agreement with their pals.... I think Admin touched on that with the "Hive Mind" type thing.
    Who moderators the mods?

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Not sure what the point of banning users is, most of the users that were banned have come back under different pseudonym anyways.
    Some of the moderators that still mod here seem to only apply the ban stick when the poster is not in agreement with their pals.... I think Admin touched on that with the "Hive Mind" type thing.
    Who moderators the mods?
    This. The amount of biased & one sided moderation here does more harm than no moderation at all would.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

The above "who mods the mods" comment is a bit of the problem.

This site is free. It had honourable intentions, but most partners saw how people either hive talked, or the reality that being altruistic means you can't censor opinion. Trust me, I was asked more than a few times by the old partners to delete or moderate people who were posting comments critical of the "party line" coming out of the pyramid. It is why they backed away and created their own sites.

Yet, the city is the biggest data miner and user of the site still. "anonymity" has its privileges.

I thought about monetizing this via ads, but they pay slim to none, and slim is checking the bus schedules out of town.

Subscription. That crossed the mind. To get better moderation, you do have to keep the team small so that rules are evenly enforced. We had a large team at one time, and it was confusing. However, a small team means an honorarium. You have no idea on the time it takes to keep this forum alive.

However, the biggest issue is that people consumed this site ad nauseum gratis for years. People don't like to suddenly have to pay for a site they got for free for so long.

This isn't completely a bad news story. A local hosting company has stepped up to offer free hosting in exchange for an ad. That is appreciated. As I look at migrating this, it is definitely the site where this will end up.

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback!!!

Admin.
    Ow

I'm not going to name names, but there are many here who don't consider others posters viewpoints and continue to hammer their beliefs down others throats. Not everyone is suited towards the same lifestyle, nobody comes from the same background, and we all want different things in life. Some of us have common goals, some have very different.
    We must consider the diversification of people in this city. From the tool pushers, to the engineers, to the doctors, the nurse, the students, the academia, the finance people, the government workers, the builders, the welders, and every walk of life in between. Too often, this forum focuses on a very narrow subset of the population, and shoves their noses upwards at anyone else...

^ maybe we should consider tolls. Tolls solve everything. LOL
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Having been on discussion forums since the bad ole BBS days I'd say good moderation is the key to a site worth visiting. Good moderation means a light touch to keep threads on topic, forking threads where necessary, removing posts if things get right out of hand, and, for repeat offenders, removing accounts. Yes those people often come back but often they come back better behaved.

For the most part I think C2E does this well.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Who moderators the mods?
    This. The amount of biased & one sided moderation here does more harm than no moderation at all would.
    Oh boy, the clown car has arrived. You have your own version of one sided moderation. 16 on you're ignore list, how's that for moderating. You don't seem to get the irony of your statement. Anyway, if you can't stand the heat stay out the kitchen.
    Enter Jaerdo with his back up post.

Gemini, obviously we all came to this thread to ruminate a respective level where it is good for the sight and all members. What you just articulated is beyond reductive right now. Let's us all elevate our intelligence and just have normal dialogues.There are no personal stakes involved for anyone here. Obviously, we all come online to socialize, so let's all socialize like human beings and like adults.

^Ed, give your head a shake. How can someone be a productive member when they ignore so many people. Now, I don't give a ratz if I am on doofusses ignore list but let's just say we all have an ignore list of 16 or so people. How cohesive do you think some threads would be?.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    16 on you're ignore list, how's that for moderating.
    I think this is a good approach actually. If some posters grind your gears so much that your only going to respond with vitriol, this might be a better approach. Self-moderation.

Some of us should take lessons from noodle in this fashion, myself included (perhaps)

First, my name is not Ed. "Ed" is the short form for Edmonton
    Secondly, my head does not need a shake; thirdly, I was reaching out to you to become a better person than what you are displaying right now, but you don't seem to get it. If this interactive form is not important to you, then gracefully depart from interacting on the site. It is important to me as I only live in Edmonton roughly one third of the year. This is my form of keeping track of what is going on in my home route when I'm super far away.

Att: Noodle,
    I'm hoping there is descency in you that you will just ignore this as this is getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by ctzn-Ed; 18-04-2016 at 02:29 PM.

I think this is a good approach actually. If some posters grind your gears so much that your only going to respond with vitriol, this might be a better approach. Self-moderation.
    I'm the first to admit it's not terribly hard to get under my skin & this is one of the reasons I'm a little liberal with the ignore list. That being said, I don't really feel like I'm missing out on much having 15 people silenced. Low effort, low content posts from posters who lack critical thinking and/or basic communication skills aren't really anything to be concerned about missing out on.

If we had better moderation along with a higher level of communication & discourse on C2E I'd have far fewer people on my list, that's for sure.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post

I'm hoping there is descency in you that you will just ignore this as this is getting ridiculous.
    Oh don't worry. I've no interest in "touching the poop" as it were.

C2E Continued Contributor

I really hope this site doesn't cease to exist. I really have loved coming on here. The variety of threads covered pretty much all of my interests and even with the personality conflicts I would hate to see the conversations around these subjects halted.

C2E has done something important for Edmonton. It has created a forum for ANYBODY to voice their opinion on how to make their city better. That is something Edmonton desperately needed 10 years ago but something that we still need. Change begins with conversation about what needs to be changed.

That said, Admin I really appreciate the work you've put into this and I sympathize with (although do not fully understand) the difficulties involved in running a site. If C2E must die then I suppose I will have to accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post

Oh don't worry. I've no interest in "touching the poop" as it were.
    Me neither.

16 on you're ignore list, how's that for moderating.

Some of us should take lessons from noodle in this fashion, myself included (perhaps)
    Sure we could all go around pressing the gong button but what does it achieve?. You miss parts of the conversation then the thread gets all disjointed and hard to follow. I find on this board the person who brags the most about his/her ignore conquest is the very person who tells you not to insult people while he is doing exactly that to you. He cannot tolerate any criticism or dissention if you don't agree with his stance. If he/she can't stand the heat stay out the kitchen. What's the point?.
    Last edited by Gemini; 18-04-2016 at 06:37 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

the thread started with this (emphasis added):

All,

You may see slowness or outages over the next week.

Our hosting provider is no longer doing hosting. We have to migrate.

I started this a bit back, I have options, but I also need to review this site's potential.

I must admit, I tire of this being a personality conflict between some users, and other good posters being driven away by a hive mentality.

I will keep you updated.

Admin.

and then it quickly deteriorated from a discussion on the courtesy notice about usability to a postcard perfect illustration of those tiresome personality conflicts between some users.

fcs, look in the mirror and read your own posts before you escalate the very thing you all profess to be trying to avoid.

"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Thanks for running the site.
    If you choose to close it, I'd understand.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Just delete the politics section of the site if it is a problem. This is Alberta, real discussion of politics doesn't happen between opposing sides. Coming from someone who can't help but involve themselves in our sad excuse for dialogue, because for some reason I can't turn down a bit of verbal torture.

Remove the politics section and the worst that you'll see is occasional bickering about road tolls. Which is more hilarious than anything.

^but keep the municipal politics section

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Actually, there are plenty of temporary bans that are handed out.

The issue is that many posters then do an online protest to bring back that poster because he/she/it added life/spark/value.

So, we moderate posts as best we can.
    Ow

if C2E were to close it down, I can understand, but will miss seeing downtown's progress as the building boom till 2019 is something I will not be able to see it here.
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

If it stays, all sections stay.

Politics is a blood sport. The problem is that some may take it too far, and others are easily offended when their beliefs are challenged. There seems to be no happy ground.

I've looked at the final numbers, and they are interesting if not expensive. Some soul searching via a couple of glasses of rum is in order.
    Ow

^ I'm hoping after four shots you'll be able to pull the trigger on hosting.

Don't close the site! I've mentioned it before, do a donation drive to help with costs, i'll be more than willing to help financially. Set up a C2E PayPal!

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Actually, there are plenty of temporary bans that are handed out.

The issue is that many posters then do an online protest to bring back that poster because he/she/it added life/spark/value.

So, we moderate posts as best we can.
    Appreciate you keeping the site running, and everyone that helps out with moderation. It just could be better, more people helping you out.
    www.decl.org

I would also do my contribution if need be. I kind of respectfully threw this idea out in the past on one of the thread.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kitlope View Post
    Don't close the site! I've mentioned it before, do a donation drive to help with costs, i'll be more than willing to help financially. Set up a C2E PayPal!
    3 letters.

CRA.

I'm working through that now.
    Ow

I'm one of the people that left. And kept on lurking. Here's my two bits.

One. These forums are entertainment. Sometimes people start taking them too seriously. And that's when the big fish around here (here's looking at you, IanO and Marcel Petrin) become a little overwhelming.

Two. The same people are always involved in all the personal squabbles. The same people used to squabble with the people who have left (here's looking at you, noodle and MEdwards).

Three. Moderation is not the problem. This place has plenty. The problem is that unpopular posters are not protected by moderation. People like Gemini can bait and insult them at will. Nothing will happen, since the baiters have real political support around here. At most people like kcantor and Thomas Hinderks will step in. They'll lecture "all sides" about acting civil. But that's not the problem. Baiting is the problem. Freedom to attack posters who say unpopular things is the problem. Attacks always originate from the same people.

Four. There is no hive mind on here. There are only too many posters who are always right (hello, Edmonton PRT). Then they leave when they're wrong (goodbye, edmonton daily photo and AShetsen).

Five. Of course this place costs real money, time, and nerves to the people running it (wave, wave, RichardS). It's free except as a blood sport to everyone else. So all complaints about the site's administration are uncharitable. Or probably tasteless. This post included, of course.

Six. If the owners decide to shut the site down, I won't be sad. But I will truly thank them for putting up with so much for so long, just so that I could get a little entertainment online.

That's it.

Administrator *

Admin, as we've discussed previously in PM, I am willing and able to take over this site, and all financial costs that would include. Alternatively, if you do shut down the site, I have a domain name set up where we could "migrate" over to, if people wanted to. Bottom line, I don't want the conversation to stop. This is such an important resource to countless people.

Quote Originally Posted by UsedToPostByAnotherName View Post

One. These forums are entertainment. Sometimes people start taking them too seriously. And that's when the big fish around here (here's looking at you, IanO and Marcel Petrin) become a little overwhelming.

Two. The same people are always involved in all the personal squabbles. The same people used to squabble with the people who have left (here's looking at you, noodle and MEdwards).

Three. Moderation is not the problem. This place has plenty. The problem is that unpopular posters are not protected by moderation. People like Gemini can bait and insult them at will. Nothing will happen, since the baiters have real political support around here. At most people like kcantor and Thomas Hinderks will step in. They'll lecture "all sides" about acting civil. But that's not the problem. Baiting is the problem. Freedom to attack posters who say unpopular things is the problem. Attacks always originate from the same people.

Four. There is no hive mind on here. There are only too many posters who are always right (hello, Edmonton PRT). Then they leave when they're wrong (goodbye, edmonton daily photo and AShetsen).

Five. Of course this place costs real money, time, and nerves to the people running it (wave, wave, RichardS). It's free except as a blood sport to everyone else. So all complaints about the site's administration are uncharitable. Or probably tasteless. This post included, of course.

Six. If the owners decide to shut the site down, I won't be sad. But I will truly thank them for putting up with so much for so long, just so that I could get a little entertainment online.

That's it.
    Interesting perspective.
    Agree with you on a few points but definitely not all of them.
    As you singled me out I can only answer for myself. I don't get many PM's but the ones I do get have been more on line of agreement than scorn. If you feel I bait people, well, that's your perspective and not necessarily others. Cant' help it if people feel intimidated, that's life. Your right about some people taking forums too seriously. You can learn a lot from them if you don't take individual's quirks to heart. Everybody who takes part in this forum has their own views and anyone of those views is no lesser than the other, but we are all not going to agree with each others views. Unfortunately we are not the Mutual Admiration Society either. It would be no fun if we were.

^Oh, and as an afterthought, some may think you are 'baiting' people by singling out their names or aliases.

That's it.
    What kind of chicken sh!!t are you to post this under a different username. Obviously your posts werent so stellar themselves or you would post this as your own username...

That's it.
    What kind of chicken sh!!t are you to post this under a different username. Obviously your posts werent so stellar themselves or you would post this as your own username...
    Tell me you did this on purpose, otherwise the irony is too much.

That's it.
    Gee, I don't even rank..
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

^Oh, and as an afterthought, some may think you are 'baiting' people by singling out their names or aliases.
    More like chumming the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

That's it.
    Gee, I don't even rank..
    I've just been putting nail polish on my toes and finger nails. Apparently in my spare time I also beat up people on the internet. I am so hurt by those unfounded comments. Maybe I will ban myself from the forum.
    Your do rank Replacement but maybe there were just not enough words to explain you
    Last edited by Gemini; 26-04-2016 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

That's it.
    Gee, I don't even rank..
    I've just been putting nail polish on my toes and finger nails. Apparently in my spare time I also beat up people on the internet. I am so hurt by those unfounded comments. Maybe I will ban myself from the forum.
    Your do rank Replacement but maybe there were just not enough words to explain you
    Just ban yourself on the days you're sniffing nail polish and not remembing your rant-tacks. I always try to avoid c2e on my nail and polish nights.

In my case, my bad jokes are at everyone else's expense. (Nothing in life is truly free.)
    I will truly thank them for putting up with so much for so long, just so that I could get a little entertainment online.

How about a subscription model? As well as taking on some advertising.

In the meantime, I hope everyone forwards c2e thread links to friends and coworkers to help promote the site and widen the discussion base.

~
    Last edited by KC; 27-04-2016 at 07:52 AM.

I doubt there's enough traffic here for an ad model to make much however I would donate if possible.

[.
    haha, you could be onto something. The wife and inlaws are still trying to figure me out decades later..not quite pinned down yet.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I thought about monetizing this via ads, but they pay slim to none, and slim is checking the bus schedules out of town.

Subscription. That crossed the mind. To get better moderation, you do have to keep the team small so that rules are evenly enforced. We had a large team at one time, and it was confusing. However, a small team means an honorarium. You have no idea on the time it takes to keep this forum alive.

However, the biggest issue is that people consumed this site ad nauseum gratis for years. People don't like to suddenly have to pay for a site they got for free for so long.
    Admin had already look at those options and reflected their thought on it earlier.

Maybe I will ban myself from the forum.
    No need to take offensive words from someone who isn't wiling to even use their original anonymous handle, too seriously. It tells you they probably have not had a so stellar reputation around here themselves. People who have constructive criticism have already been openly discussing the issues on C2E for example in the Tone of Conversation thread etc.

I take it as a badge of honor that I manage to get under people's skin with so very little effort.

^ You mean acting like a sadist is a positive trait?

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    ^ You mean acting like a sadist is a positive trait?
    Coming here & dealing with the likes of you makes me a masochist, not a sadist.

I am not a psychologist, but it seems you need a bit of help really. Does the fact that you can't get "easily" under my skin reduces your level of sadistic (or masochistic) pleasure?

You're a kind of special case. I mostly just laugh at your hilariously terrible & often cognitively dissonant posts & don't really care to influence you one way or another. You're the punchline to the ongoing joke which is this forum.

^ well, I take the above assessment as my badge of honor.

Quote Originally Posted by FamilyMan View Post
    I am not a psychologist, but it seems you need a bit of help really. Does the fact that you can't get "easily" under my skin reduces your level of sadistic (or masochistic) pleasure?
    I'm not a psychologist either but some people are like big girls bras. They serve a purpose but at the end of the day they are glad to take them off.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I am rebooting the forum.

I've received a Pm of posts not appearing. I will see if this fixes this.

EDIT

The forum is back up.
    Ow

You're a kind of special case. I mostly just laugh at your hilariously terrible & often cognitively dissonant posts & don't really care to influence you one way or another. You're the punchline to the ongoing joke which is this forum.
    "Fascinating" - Spock

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

what the...

I reboot the forum and a flame war breaks out?
    Ow

Sorry about that.

No offence but your post was rather boring in comparison to an old cognitively dissonant post sitting here undiscovered by me until now.

what the...

I reboot the forum and a flame war breaks out?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LQftYK2n8o

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Entry of the Gladiators.
    Ow

Entry of the Gladiators.
    Invert this skit and you'd have a day at c2e.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlh9eXZ0b4E

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I am going to try to move this forum by June 15

That is the last day the old system will be alive. Without some key passwords, that may prove interesting.

vBulletin won't help. So, if this fails, thanks for being a part of C2E.
    Ow

Good luck!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

That is the last day the old system will be alive. Without some key passwords, that may prove interesting.

those that have really been a part of c2e - and edmonton itself, knowingly or not - are all more and better informed as a result of your efforts and commitments personally and financially.

if there is any thanks due, you're the one that should be receiving them, not the other way around.
    Last edited by kcantor; 12-06-2016 at 09:48 AM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

I imagine, then, that the worst case scenario should be that c2e starts again from a blank slate, the cleansing thought of which is not bereft of baptismal allure.

Regardless, here's to you ... and faith in the second coming of c2e.

Thanks for everything that you have done for us and no doubt for the larger community as a whole. All those long hours, the frustration, challenges both from within and without even in the midst of your own personal health issues.

I've had a lot of fun here and learned a lot from fellow members.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Keep thing going please and thank you.
    www.decl.org

^ Likewise I hope C2E stays, warts and all.
    ^^ But I understand that besides his health, Richie also has an airshow to run this summer!
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Fingers crossed and thank you!

Thanks for having us all and do what you have to man and don't beat yourself up trying to make this work. You got other fish to fry and your health is important.

cheers to all if this is the end of the board.

Well, if c2e disappears there may be some thread history on the Wayback Machine saved before its demise.

To check, copy in the last page of a thread and see if it asks you if you want it archived. If so, then click on next oldest page. Basically 10, 9, 8.. When it stops asking, you'll see the thread without the query meaning that it was already scanned. That page though may not be complete. Nothing's perfect.

https://archive.org/web/

Manually Archive Web Pages by Submitting Them to the Wayback Machine

rdm
    Dave Greenbaum
    5/25/14 3:04pm
    This is great information. Thanks.

Dave Greenbaum
    rdm
    5/25/14 4:06pm
    I've used it to catch tweets that may get deleted.

http://lifehacker.com/manually-archi...-wa-1580713309

How to get the Wayback machine to instantly archive updates to your web page | Why We Protest | Anonymous Activism Forum
    https://whyweprotest.net/threads/how...b-page.112593/
    Last edited by KC; 13-06-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Rich - I am willing to work with you to keep this going, let's chat.
    www.decl.org

Admin, I really appreciate everything you've done to keep this site alive. Your personal sacrifices have not gone unnoticed. If C2E is truly finished then it will be a very sad day for me. I grew up on this site. I joined 6 years ago when I was 21 and I've learned so much about Edmonton and society and myself. The world changes when conversations take place and C2E has been a great platform for conversations! What I'm saying is C2E has been a part of my life for so long I actually am having a hard time remembering what life was like without it because I've changed so much as a person since joining.

I really want to see C2E stay but if it's not possible then I understand. All good things come to an end.

-Mla

Bumb.

Sucks to see this go if it does. Sucks to see the personality conflicts continue.

Sucks most of all to see RichardS put so much effort in and get crap back. There are other forums that we can migrate to (SSP, etc.) and that some are actively posting on already. But this place is special as it's just about connecting to edmonton. GL Admin on keeping this going if it can. If not, so long and thanks for all the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Rich - I am willing to work with you to keep this going, let's chat.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I will be closing this forum at 23:00h tonight for the final backup.

I need to clean up some stuff at work as I was laid off. Then, if I have the savings, I'll tackle this. It will have to have a different look and feel as this style sheet.

Thanks everyone. If I can bash my way through this, it will be a miracle. Lesson learned.
    Ow

Administrator *

I'm sure I speak for quite a few of the regulars here, if you need financial support for this site, I'd happily donate a few bucks.

That sucks about the layoff, Richard.
    As for financial support, perhaps we need a crowdfunding thing started.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Administrator *

Donate if you can. I'll match 10% of everyone else's contributions. So if we get to $1,000, I'll hand over $1,100 to Admin. Let's keep the site open!

http://gofundme.com/29jkm6z8

EDIT: Started things off with a $50 donation. Share with anyone off the forum that may be interested or use this forum once in a while. Let's do this!!
    Last edited by chrisvazquez7; 14-06-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012

Crowdfunding of some sort would be a great way to handle it.

You might want to start a new Help Save c2e thread with your link so that it appears on the front page (while it's available) and clearly shows on the New Posts listings.

Administrator *

I just did that in the Real Estate & Developments forum. That's the most popular forum, so hopefully people see it.