Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617
Results 1,601 to 1,638 of 1638

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

If there are big tax loopholes, I agree, get rid of them. But online, wow he has managed to anger a lot of people! Looks good on him!.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    If there are big tax loopholes, I agree, get rid of them. But online, wow he has managed to anger a lot of people! Looks good on him!.
    These are not some obscure, extremely complex strategies used only by the wealthy 1%. They are common tax strategies used by many small businesses over the last 30 years, which the government was 100% aware of throughout all that time and ok with until now and which were also 100% legal.

By using the word loopholes, the Department of Finance is mis-characterizing things and annoying people even more. These are no more loopholes than RRSPs are loopholes. There are a lot of mis-statements about this from the government. They tried to sneak this in during the middle of summer, when they hoped no one would notice, so it it took a few weeks for people to realize what they were up to.

We have family farms, and we had are own business. I don't know about any loopholes, I wish we had. Our taxes weren't too high then, but they have gone up
    I'm still ****!d he lowered the TFSA, as if it was only the rich using them.!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    ^ Most likely if boy blunder passes this it will need to get past Royal assent. Then I imagine special interest groups will tie this thing up in the courts for awhile.
    I don't think it will get that far without changes. It has a lot of negative ramifications for any small business with family shareholders/involvement, which is most of them. I don't think the Liberals want to anger every convenience store owner and every other small business in the country and turn them against their party.

The Department of Finance either doesn't understand or is trying to downplay all the problems with this. Either Morneau is going to wake up and realize they are deceiving him, or more likely I think the Liberal MP's will put pressure on him to change it. If he refuses to budge, I think eventually he will get turfed as Finance Minister, probably some time in the next year and a half once the Liberals realize what a debacle this is.
    This kind of feels like the Long Gun registry and we know where that boondoggle went.

#Another JT cabinet shuffle
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

At current polling levels Trudeau could ram this through and wouldn't flinch. If election reform and Khadr saw his ratings go up, he's basically immune this term.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    At current polling levels Trudeau could ram this through and wouldn't flinch. If election reform and Khadr saw his ratings go up, he's basically immune this term.
    Nobody is immune come the fall sessions, not even captain selfie...you'll see!

Small businesses can't get a break by the left. First they try this stunt and now in October the NDP want to impose another minimum wage increase. How many more companies are going to fold in the private sector?

Deleted
    Last edited by KC; 08-09-2017 at 07:10 PM.

The good, bad and downright offensive in Morneau’s tax-reform proposals | Financial Post

http://business.financialpost.com/op...form-proposals

Why Ottawa's new small business tax proposals don't go far enough

http://www.moneysense.ca/save/taxes/...posals-ottawa/

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Small businesses can't get a break by the left. First they try this stunt and now in October the NDP want to impose another minimum wage increase. How many more companies are going to fold in the private sector?
    A lot, they are getting it from Notley and JT..unbelievable.

C2E Continued Contributor

It's not just small business the Liberals are screwing up.
    http://business.financialpost.com/co...d-on-his-watch

"It’s sad to say, but the last time there was so much heavy handed, poorly thought out federal interference into the energy sector was during the failed National Energy Program in the early 1980s, when Trudeau’s father Pierre was in charge."

Ottawa'sJT's tax reform could affect Doctors as well:

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/comm...-to-leave.html

I could see a lot of older doctors retiring early, and with the number of physician vacancies in the U.S. this may well translate into a massive hit on healthcare here.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

^ Agreed and this new tax reform could also make life for rural Doctors to want to practice in isolated areas say on Native reserves.

Relocate

The Northern Gateway pipeline ($7.9 billion), the Pacific Northwest LNG project ($36 billion), and now likely the Energy East pipeline ($15.7 billion) are three privately funded infrastructure projects that would have materially strengthened the economy for decades — and all were scuttled under Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s watch in the past year.
    It’s sad to say, but the last time there was so much heavy handed, poorly thought out federal interference into the energy sector was during the failed National Energy Program in the early 1980s, when Trudeau’s father Pierre was in charge.

Wow...

Most of the local indigenous population supported Northern Gateway:

http://business.financialpost.com/co...ons-chiefs-say

As for the Pacific Northwest LNG project this was cancelled by Petronas's because of external conditions not necessarily because of anything JT did.

http://www.macleans.ca/economy/econo...n-b-c-s-coast/

Too my understanding the Energy East pipeline is still in the approval process isn't it?

I don't think electoral reform was a pressing issue for many - we basically just kept the existing system and no one was hurt by that. Yes, is was not in line with his promise, but it has not financial impact on anyone. Also, the Khadr decision was an emotional one, but while it cost the government money it is not directly tied to a change in taxes paid by anybody.

This case is different, it does affect small businesses financially even potentially the smallest ones (there are no dollar limits attached to these tax proposals so they could result in someone earning $50,000 paying more tax, not just the 1%. There's a lot of small businesses across the country that realize they could be financially hurt by this and as more realize this, the polls will start to reflect that too.

Most of the local indigenous population supported Northern Gateway:
    Because it meant employment!

^ Nothing wrong with that.

Of course not, we only hear about the negative. not the positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I don't think electoral reform was a pressing issue for many - we basically just kept the existing system and no one was hurt by that. Yes, is was not in line with his promise, but it has not financial impact on anyone. Also, the Khadr decision was an emotional one, but while it cost the government money it is not directly tied to a change in taxes paid by anybody.

This case is different, it does affect small businesses financially even potentially the smallest ones (there are no dollar limits attached to these tax proposals so they could result in someone earning $50,000 paying more tax, not just the 1%. There's a lot of small businesses across the country that realize they could be financially hurt by this and as more realize this, the polls will start to reflect that too.
    And even if they won't be affected, the spin is negative and so everyone now feels that it's a tax grab or bad bureaucratic policy.

In the end, as it always has been, those without access to all the tax avoidance methods and schemes out there, will be the ones carrying the tax load for everyone else.

The NDP are furious about electoral reform, it's not going away.. goody!!

http://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4286033

Trudeau's Bahamas vacation cost over $215K — far more than initially disclosed

The opposition has a lot to ask JT about!

That $215K would have been money well spend if it had of been a one way ticket.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    That $215K would have been money well spend if it had of been a one way ticket.
    Where is he? In a parade or jogging? Certainly not looking after stranded Canadians where hurricanes hit, must be at another tax funded retreat!

I realize that world G7 leaders need a summer vacation. But packaging this up with business and then charging tax payers the full amount is ethically wrong. The business end of this working vacation might have for example lasted a week out of a month. Billing taxpayers for a 3 week vacation? Meanwhile Canada's deficit grows like Pinocchio's nose, as we gaze in admiration JT's selfi pose. Where's the leadership? Hey I know, lets gift Jordan another $180 million while we cast a blind eye over the $43Mill the town of Churchill needs to rebuild their rail connection to the outside world?

It's like Ale Gore and his Canadian sidekick David Sazuki, saying something like, "We should all live a Spartan lifestyle to reduce our carbon footprint to fight global warming," Meanwhile those 2 hypocrites lounge around behind their message at their swimming pools destroying their livers. Don't even get me started on the Bombardier/Boeing scandal.

C2E Continued Contributor

We really shouldn't be so hard on tater tot, it is his first job.

^Zing........................nice one ralph
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

Trump sure got a lot of credit for the bump in the stock market. Trudeau?

OECD raises Canada's economic growth outlook, now best in the G7 - Business - CBC News

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/oecd...look-1.4298030

Canada's economic growth 'gangbusters' in second quarter thanks to consumers | CTV News

http://www.ctvnews.ca/business/canad...mers-1.3569860
    Last edited by KC; 22-09-2017 at 05:20 PM.

We were the best in the G7 when Harper was PM, After a recession!

^ Absolutely. Trudeau is going to sell us up the river.

Default Poll finds Scheer Tories in lead

Things are starting to fall apart for Trudeau, sooner or later people will realize all the fine talk means squat when the promises aren't kept:

https://globalnews.ca/news/3765696/a...we-believe-it/

I saw that, loved this poll! Come on tater tot, secure your next job, out of work wont suit you.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

From the article:

The Forum poll, which was in the field on Sept. 13 and 14, finds the Conservatives up by four points over the Liberals. Meanwhile, the weekly tracking poll from Nanos Research, for the week ending Sept. 15, finds the Liberals with more than a 10-point lead over the Tories. For the week ending Sept. 8, Nanos had the Liberals were up by 12 points on the Tories.

Campaign Research was in the field Sept. 8-11 and it found the Liberals with a 12-point lead. Abacus Data, polling from Sept. 1-3, also found a 12-point Liberal lead. Mainstreet Research, polling Aug. 28-31, found an 11-point Liberal lead.

So you be the judge: One pollster, Forum, finds a four-point Conservative lead while five other polls from four other pollsters done around the same time find the Liberals up by 10 points or more.
    This poll is a significant outlier, although it stands to reason that things have tightened a bit.

It's a very good indication, that people are seeing JT for what he is! Some of us saw it right away.

Maybe Ignatieff can get boy blunder a job teaching

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 71314151617