Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
Results 2,901 to 3,000 of 3093

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4414167/m...opher-garnier/

Omg , how stupid are the feds??

Vets waiting are outraged, and who can blame them?
    I wouldn't blame our veterans in this.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post

I don't think anyone would blame our vets( many of whom are still waiting for treatment) ..and this murderer says, his killing a police woman gave him PTSD..

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

one thing you have to give the liberals credit for is the reduction in speech writers salaries and contracts. from trudeau in a car plant to friedland in washington and elsewhere up and down the chain, the same verbatim "protecting the interests of canadians/looking for a win-win-win/yada yada yada". on the other hand, unfortunately, everything from the other parties is just as proforma and non-constructive.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Now you know why Trudeau said "Well, we just don’t have the money for that right now."
    I guess the money is being spent on this and paying Khadr and trying to rehab for ISIS members.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post

Now you know why Trudeau said "Well, we just don’t have the money for that right now."
    I guess the money is being spent on this and paying Khadr and trying to rehab for ISIS members.
    I can only find this one other reference to Trudeau actually saying what’s quoted. So I have my doubts that he said those words. Manufactured opinion ? a.k.a. fake news?

Liberals to buy Trans Mountain Pipeline for $4.5B to ensure expansion is built ...

http://csat.forumotion.com/t4824-lib...nsion-is-built

Ok, here’s what I found:

Injured veteran that questioned Trudeau during Edmonton town hall says 'enough is enough' | boom 99.7
    Emily Mertz GlobalNews.ca, February 2, 2018 8:41 pm

“ “Why are we still fighting against certain veterans’ groups in court? Because they are asking for more than we are able to give right now,” Trudeau said to some shouts and boos from the crowd.

“You are asking for honest answers.” “

https://boom997.com/news/4003755/inj...ustin-trudeau/

Last edited by KC; 02-09-2018 at 09:03 AM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

honest perhaps, at least from his own perspective.

one can be honest along with being arrogant and entitled and incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    ^

honest perhaps, at least from his own perspective.

one can be honest along with being arrogant and entitled and incompetent.
    The lack of money excuse comes up everywhere on everything while money is found for favoured projects.

Lack of money was the reason given by Harper for closing nine veterans affairs offices. Conservatives praised him for showing financial restraint.

I never praised him for that! I do know one office only saw 2 vets( Kelowna maybe) but I don't know about the others..I'm not sure what that has to do with JT and co.

I never praised him for that! I do know one office only saw 2 vets( Kelowna maybe) but I don't know about the others..I'm not sure what that has to do with JT and co.
    Maybe because you said: “Vets waiting are outraged, and who can blame them?”

Some we’re likely outraged at SH just as now some are outraged at JT

Isn’t the problem here some family support rule that makes family members equal to vets? Then the first come first served practice sucks resources from vets.
    Last edited by KC; 02-09-2018 at 12:11 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Lack of money was the reason given by Harper for closing nine veterans affairs offices. Conservatives praised him for showing financial restraint.
    i don’t think conflating the closure of some offices with the denial of benefits is helpful.

but even if you want to consider their actions equivalent, doesn’t that make their actions equally bad instead of deserving a pass for the liberals just because the conservatives did the same thing in your mind?

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Maybe because you said: “Vets waiting are outraged, and who can blame them?”

Some we’re likely outraged at SH just as now some are outraged at JT

Isn’t the problem here some family support rule that makes family members equal to vets? Then the first come first served practice sucks resources from vets.
    In my opinion, vets ( they ask for too much you know) can be outraged anytime they like. We do have 5.6 million for a skating rink with an abundance of rules,on parliament hill, but not enough for vets...

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

My father served in WW2 does that mean I get free dental work done? No. Veteran's Affairs dropped the bomb on this one. If Garnier feels bad about what he did, that's on him. It's justice. Just sayin.

i don’t think conflating the closure of some offices with the denial of benefits is helpful.

but even if you want to consider their actions equivalent, doesn’t that make their actions equally bad instead of deserving a pass for the liberals just because the conservatives did the same thing in your mind?
    I don't consider them equally bad because 1) the closed offices were reopened by the Liberals. and 2) the policy that Christopher Garnier receiving treatment is based on the fact that his father, Vince Garnier, also suffers from PTSD and the policy was put in place to help family members of those suffering.

Should the policy be tweaked to remove certain people (i.e. people convicted of a crime or adult children or what other criteria may be added)? That's possible and quite likely. However, as it stands, the treatment Christopher Garnier is receiving is based on VA policy. I don't think that you'd find a policy in that department that says "We must close offices".

My father served in WW2 does that mean I get free dental work done? No. Veteran's Affairs dropped the bomb on this one. If Garnier feels bad about what he did, that's on him. It's justice. Just sayin.
    They didnt expect the outrage over this, that's for darn sure. The murderer getting treatment for imho, fake PTSD is a travesty.

The program is fine, but not after killing a female , then dumping her body in a garbage bin for five days!

Are you saying you'd be OK with it if his victim had been male?

Absolutely not, he murdered a female police woman did he not? He broke her nose, punched her, then strangled her, he's nothing more than a thug

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Scumbag is more like it

Absolutely not, he murdered a female police woman did he not? He broke her nose, punched her, then strangled her, he's nothing more than a thug
    Just wondering since the way you stated it, somehow the fact that she was female was more important than if she were a male.

Oh stop it, it's not a racial issue. Too much time in Trumpy thread..( yawn)

Who mentioned race? I'm just wondering if you believe that killing someone who is male is less objectionable than someone who is female? Why would you you state it as
    not after killing a female
    . Why make the distinction? Would you have said "not after killing a male"?

Maybe, quite possibly, I would of likely said policeman actually. Can you let it go now, because I have.

one thing you have to give the liberals credit for is the reduction in speech writers salaries and contracts. from trudeau in a car plant to friedland in washington and elsewhere up and down the chain, the same verbatim "protecting the interests of canadians/looking for a win-win-win/yada yada yada". on the other hand, unfortunately, everything from the other parties is just as proforma and non-constructive.
    ... and no more endless advertising about Canadai's economic action plan, no wonder newspapers and TV are not doing as well now.

I don't think anyone would blame our vets( many of whom are still waiting for treatment) ..and this murderer says, his killing a police woman gave him PTSD..
    Since this murdered is 30-years-old, he wouldn't qualify as a dependant, and therefore can't claim PTSD, especially since the killing is what they claim gave him the PTSD...

Once you hit 18, you can only remain a dependant of a DND employee if you are actively enrolled in, and attending college or university. Only certain extreme situations will allow an adult son/daughter to remain a dependant, like physical or mental disabilities where you're physically or mentally unable to take care of yourself.

This shouldn't have even been considered.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Maybe Veterans affairs granted it under "a hardship" case?

^ Maybe Veterans affairs granted it under "a hardship" case?
    That doesn't matter. When he committed the murder, he was not a dependant. It's claimed that the murder caused his PTSD. Therefore, he was not a dependant at the time of his actions in which gave himself PTSD afterwards. Case closed.

I don't think this will go forward. There have been many cases of PTSD where benefits were denied to vets. This wouldn't even make sense to cover this.
    Last edited by alkeli; 05-09-2018 at 03:14 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I'm not defending the murderer or Vetern affairs decision.

The VA decision wasn't based on the perpetrator having PTSD. It was based on the fact that his father did with the theory being that family members also suffer when a member of the family who is a veteran has PTSD it affects the family as well. And it has nothing to do if they are a dependent family member or not.

Pretty sure legally they made the right call. Basically it's a family health care plan. The vet's son (in this case a murderer) is suffering from PTSD, how he got it doesn't matter. The fact that he suffers from it mean he's entitled to help.

Morally is where the problem lies. If we got the resources and funds to treat all the veterans and their families, they we won't feel such an outrage that this murderer is getting treated. But whereas others are getting denied, the guy that got PTSD from killing someone is getting treatment, whatever happened to You make the bed you lie in.

EDIT: I think this has to do with us being more of a society that's punishment>rehabilitation.
    Last edited by Meo; 05-09-2018 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meo View Post
    Pretty sure legally they made the right call. Basically it's a family health care plan. The vet's son (in this case a murderer) is suffering from PTSD, how he got it doesn't matter. The fact that he suffers from it mean he's entitled to help.

Morally is where the problem lies. If we got the resources and funds to treat all the veterans and their families, they we won't feel such an outrage that this murderer is getting treated. But whereas others are getting denied, the guy that got PTSD from killing someone is getting treatment, whatever happened to You make the bed you lie in.

EDIT: I think this has to do with us being more of a society that's punishment>rehabilitation.
    No. PSHCP (the military family health plan) only applies to dependants. Same with any other benefits coming from any military resource such as PSP or MFRC. He was not one in neither the eyes of PSHCP or VA. It doesn't matter how he got it, but it does matter if he's a dependant or not, and he isn't.

According to this page, it applies to "Veterans Affairs Canada provides access to a wide range of mental health services, support and information for Veterans and their families."

The word family or families appears numerous times. Dependents does't appear at all.

http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/news/v...l-health-facts

VA Benefits Navigator let's you see what VAC benefits are available to family : http://www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/servic...fits/navigator

Click START, then "I am a family member".

You'll see the only options are
    -Spouse
    -DEPENDENT child
    -Survivor
    -Orphan
    -Parent/Extended Family (Applies if you are the parent or acting parent of serving member)
    -Caregiver

There's no option for son/daughter/child, only DEPENDENT. 18 or over and not in school? Not eligible. Simple as that.

Anytime you see "Family" used by the military or VA, it's spouse or DEPENDENT children. That is all.

Canada 'unexpectedly' lost 51,600 jobs last month

Canada loses 51,600 jobs in biggest drop in almost a decade

Ontario lost 80,100 jobs in August, all part-time, the biggest decline since 2009

Canada’s economy unexpectedly lost 51,600 jobs, with Ontario recording its biggest employment drop in almost a decade, casting doubts on the strength of the labour market.

The nation’s largest province lost 80,100 jobs in August, all part-time, the biggest decline for Ontario since 2009. Nationally, the economy lost 92,000 part-time workers, eclipsing a 40,400 gain in full-time employment, Statistics Canada said Friday from Ottawa.

The data reverse strong employment gains made earlier this summer, including sharp increases in Ontario, but the overall picture seems to be that of sluggish labor market gearing down markedly from last year. So far in 2018, the economy has shed 14,600 jobs as losses in part-time employment offset gains in full-time jobs.

https://business.financialpost.com/n...box=1536327970

I think job losses ..are going to get a lot worse.

Meanwhile...https://www.theguardian.com/business...t-growth-wages
    Last edited by H.L.; 07-09-2018 at 11:46 AM.

^^ ^
    'Bout time you two shipped out to 'Murica then, where you can bask in the orange glow of jobs, jobs, jobs. I don't know how either of you can stomach Canada.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Yup, as much as people dislike Trump as a person (myself included), you can't argue that their not doing better.

Quote Originally Posted by alkeli View Post

Yup, as much as people dislike Trump as a person (myself included), you can't argue that their not doing better.
    They were doing better in a number of ways for years under Obama too. Some improvement is just a continuation of the trend.

Trump’s debt financed tax cuts (with a little kicker of tariff financing) and market protectionism also boost an economy.

Why do you think that?

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Canada 'unexpectedly' lost 51,600 jobs last month

Canada loses 51,600 jobs in biggest drop in almost a decade

Ontario lost 80,100 jobs in August, all part-time, the biggest decline since 2009

Canada’s economy unexpectedly lost 51,600 jobs, with Ontario recording its biggest employment drop in almost a decade, casting doubts on the strength of the labour market.

The nation’s largest province lost 80,100 jobs in August, all part-time, the biggest decline for Ontario since 2009. Nationally, the economy lost 92,000 part-time workers, eclipsing a 40,400 gain in full-time employment, Statistics Canada said Friday from Ottawa.

The data reverse strong employment gains made earlier this summer, including sharp increases in Ontario, but the overall picture seems to be that of sluggish labor market gearing down markedly from last year. So far in 2018, the economy has shed 14,600 jobs as losses in part-time employment offset gains in full-time jobs.

https://business.financialpost.com/n...box=1536327970
    Unexpectedly? They’ve had a truly amazing housing bubble going on for years. Now being hit with a double whammy of that bubble possibly topping out and a US government rejecting trade.

Imagine a housing boom taking place in a one company town. You’d say they were crazy trusting that the markets would solve all their ills. That the company might not face a sales slump of close down altogether.

So free trade* creates specialization. Profit centres, cash cows, pulling the weeds and keeping only the flowers, following the 80/20 rule - whatever you want to call it, putting all your eggs in just a couple baskets, even the most profitable baskets (temporarily driven by low interest rates, guaranteed trade, population growth...) creates insane risks. Basing so much of the country’s economy on one-company-town-specialization economics and extremely highly leveraged house construction spending has potential negative downsides.

* the risk of the day coming home to roost (no one ever sees obvious risks coming)
    Last edited by KC; 07-09-2018 at 12:43 PM.

Why do you think that?
    Why? because JT is an *****..next question.

We also went into more debt, and inflation is on the rise...
    Last edited by H.L.; 07-09-2018 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    ^^ ^
    'Bout time you two shipped out to 'Murica then, where you can bask in the orange glow of jobs, jobs, jobs. I don't know how either of you can stomach Canada.
    So we cant say that job losses in Canada is bad? FFS, are you that thinned skinned..

Exactly!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

that's true enough.

as far as it goes.

the real question is whether that doing better is because of trump or in spite of trump.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

So many "experts" here. NOT that I'm one but yeesh already.

that's true enough.

as far as it goes.

the real question is whether that doing better is because of trump or in spite of trump.
    That's very true..the same could be said of our provine, oh wait..

So many "experts" here. NOT that I'm one but yeesh already.

So, I'm not real sure what you are saying..???

that's true enough.

as far as it goes.

Hilarious that they blame Trudeau for all the job loses when you combine 9 provinces, there was a net gain.

It was Ford Nation that lost 80,000 jobs in Ontario and dragged the whole job stats down. The surprise is that Ford is to blame.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

that's true enough.

as far as it goes.

Hilarious that they blame Trudeau for all the job loses when you combine 9 provinces, there was a net gain.

It was Ford Nation that lost 80,000 jobs in Ontario and dragged the whole job stats down. The surprise is that Ford is to blame.

Ford in 10 weeks? ROFL

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Ford in 10 weeks? ROFL
    so true eh?

can't be ford.

must be trump.

Ford in 10 weeks? ROFL
    so true eh?

can't be ford.

must be trump.
    Must be. Or Wynne bag. They told her the minimum wage would backfire backfire, she wouldn't listen. She was just sorry,not sorry.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Ford in 10 weeks? ROFL
    so true eh?

can't be ford.

must be trump.
    Must be. Or Wynne bag. They told her the minimum wage would backfire backfire, she wouldn't listen. She was just sorry,not sorry.
    or maybe it really is obama after all...

Ford in 10 weeks? ROFL
    so true eh?

can't be ford.

must be trump.
    or maybe it really is obama after all...
    Nah...

https://www.abbynews.com/news/syrian...-burnaby-girl/

How much vetting did this guy go through?

Very little I assume, like most who have walked across the border. They can barely keep up with the influx but PM Zoolander keeps stating that it's all under control. BS!

How can you even legitimately do a background check from some of these countries? Many don't have photo ID's, and the ones that do can be easily forged. How do we even know for sure that they're giving the right name? Maybe they're using the identify of a relative... These "background check" are about as legal as the "irregular crossings".

Such a terrible thing. That poor girl. Imagine the family and what it would do to them as well. Makes me sick to my stomach. Death by firing squad please, and the sooner the better.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 13-09-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Such a terrible thing. That poor girl. Imagine the family and what it would do to them as well. Makes me sick to my stomach. Death by firing squad please, and the sooner the better.
    The murderer was in this country 3 months, then he killed her..sick!

and yet when a citizen of this country that was born here rapes/assaults/murders someone else it barely makes the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    and yet when a citizen of this country that was born here rapes/assaults/murders someone else it barely makes the news.
    I suspect that death by car accident barely makes the news relative to a death by bus, LRT, etc. They are all vehicles but the perceived novelty likely drives interest, first at the reporter level and then at the distribution level and finally at the viewer level.

Very little I assume, like most who have walked across the border. They can barely keep up with the influx but PM Zoolander keeps stating that it's all under control. BS!

How can you even legitimately do a background check from some of these countries? Many don't have photo ID's, and the ones that do can be easily forged. How do we even know for sure that they're giving the right name? Maybe they're using the identify of a relative... These "background check" are about as legal as the "irregular crossings".
    Same issue when Canadians go to other countries. Yet people say that the government is a failure when people return having joined ISIS etc. The lack of useful information might just be a problem, right?

These are not ISIS terrorists as immigrants. These are Canadian citizens that went to fight for ISIS and now they want back into the country. The question I have is about security.
    I don't have a question, keep the thugs out ! Let ISIS look after them,,

Last edited by KC; 13-09-2018 at 02:06 PM.

[email protected] This hardly made news!!!!!!!

Stop watching American news then. it was all over the Canadian news.

Stop watching American news then. it was all over the Canadian news.
    CTv isn't american, and they barely mentioned it. So what's your neck wrong guess?????????????

C2E Continued Contributor

It's very easy to point to one incident and label a whole group of people as dangerous. But every single group within our society has people that commit crimes and murder people. An increasing population means there will be an increase in the number of crimes if the crime rate stays the same. You can hate that our population is growing, but like it or not it's become a necessity for our economy to function.

So is the crime rate of Syrian refugees out of line with the rest of the country, or are people latching on to this because it's an easy thing to point to to justify the hate of a group of people?

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    It's very easy to point to one incident and label a whole group of people as dangerous. But every single group within our society has people that commit crimes and murder people. An increasing population means there will be an increase in the number of crimes if the crime rate stays the same. You can hate that our population is growing, but like it or not it's become a necessity for our economy to function.

So is the crime rate of Syrian refugees out of line with the rest of the country, or are people latching on to this because it's an easy thing to point to to justify the hate of a group of people?
    I would like to know, no murderer (regardless of ethnicity,) is not going to come to this country and kill another little girl. Isn't that so very stupid?? sheesh..

^I would say so yes. You can vet people yes, but if you run our immigration and refugee policy under the assumption that none of them must ever commit a crime, then absolutely no one would be allowed in. You can't predict who will become a criminal.

Maybe we shouldn't let anyone be born in Canada either, some of them are guaranteed to become criminals after all.

I just want to know that they were vetted well, is that really too much to ask. Oh right,he's from Syria, so of course it is. Thanks JT!

(Source: https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....-williams-case)

Quote Originally Posted by OffWhyte View Post

I have no idea, do you? We can go case by case, the fact remains, a guy from Syria was in this country for 3 months, and killed a young girl. Fact!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

HL wrote:

"I have no idea, do you? We can go case by case, the fact remains, a guy from Syria was in this country for 3 months, and killed a young girl. Fact!"

But unless you can show that he represents an overall behavioural pattern among Syrian refugees, than your fact is about as relevant to the discussion as, say, one German immigrant commiting a murder would be to a discussion about Europen immigration.

I have no idea, do you? We can go case by case, the fact remains, a guy from Syria was in this country for 3 months, and killed a young girl. Fact!
    Yes factually 3 months. Longer than that according to your link.

“Ali had moved to Canada just four months before Marrisa was killed, Integrated Homicide Investigation Team Supt. Donna Richardson said Monday.”

“I would just hope that we look at this incident for what it is: a one-off situation.” - Integrated Homicide Investigation Team Supt. Donna Richardson
    Last edited by KC; 13-09-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Yes factually 3 months. Longer than that according to your link.

“Ali had moved to Canada just four months before Marrisa was killed, Integrated Homicide Investigation Team Supt. Donna Richardson said Monday.”

“I would just hope that we look at this incident for what it is: a one-off situation.” - Integrated Homicide Investigation Team Supt. Donna Richardson
    Anyone who kills a child, needs to be put in jail for life, what did this thug get?? I hope life, and I hope he was beaten up in jail. If you want to stick up for a child killer, be my effin guest!!!!!!

https://globalnews.ca/news/4442869/t...-social-media/
    FFS! Sheesh
    Goodache says there's no way..dummy

I hope they send him back where he came from and hands him over to their authorities to be convicted of murder. I'm sure the punishment there is much more severe, although it's possible they won't do anything. Either way, make an example of him to deter future incidents. The worse thing we can do is lock him up and then release him in a few years for therapy and claims that he has mental health issues which seems to be the trend now.

The entire legal system is starting to get way too fluffy, and we're supposed to feel sorry for these criminals now because they have issues... And now we also have the new issues of being able to get away with rape because you were really really drunk

https://globalnews.ca/news/4417278/o...exual-assault/

Sorry but you still committed a crime, drunk or not. Or what's next? Get really drunk, rob a bank and hide the money, then if you get caught, claim you were way too drunk and don't remember where you hid the money, and walk away rich...
    Last edited by alkeli; 14-09-2018 at 09:05 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

He committed the murder here, not Syria. There is no signs of mental illness. Authorities are treating this as a one-off. If anything the guy will get the basic penalty and hopefully will end up being somebody's -itch for the balance of his term in jail.
    Last edited by envaneo; 14-09-2018 at 11:41 AM.

Authorities are treating this as a one-off.
    Uh yeah, because it is? Most refugees are coming here to get away from war and death, not to go on murder sprees, surprisingly enough.

I hope they send him back where he came from and hands him over to their authorities to be convicted of murder. I'm sure the punishment there is much more severe, although it's possible they won't do anything. Either way, make an example of him to deter future incidents. The worse thing we can do is lock him up and then release him in a few years for therapy and claims that he has mental health issues which seems to be the trend now.

The entire legal system is starting to get way too fluffy, and we're supposed to feel sorry for these criminals now because they have issues... And now we also have the new issues of being able to get away with rape because you were really really drunk

Sorry but you still committed a crime, drunk or not. Or what's next? Get really drunk, rob a bank and hide the money, then if you get caught, claim you were way too drunk and don't remember where you hid the money, and walk away rich...

I agree far too fluffy. These judges need their heads read!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Authorities are treating this as a one-off.
    Uh yeah, because it is? Most refugees are coming here to get away from war and death, not to go on murder sprees, surprisingly enough.
    It's good that your figuring this out. The middle east refugees that I know are hard working people and give value to my community. That bodes well for me.

You’re right. As soon as they are found guilty, they need to be taken into the parking lot and shot. No more prisons, no mor appeals. You break the law, you’re killed. As a matter of fact, let’s eliminate the judges entirely, they’re so “fluffy”. Let’s just let the police act as judge, jury and executioners. Cut out the middle man.

that’ll show them.

We were thinking more the middle ground, kk the nazi. lol

You’re right. As soon as they are found guilty, they need to be taken into the parking lot and shot. No more prisons, no mor appeals. You break the law, you’re killed. As a matter of fact, let’s eliminate the judges entirely, they’re so “fluffy”. Let’s just let the police act as judge, jury and executioners. Cut out the middle man.

that’ll show them.
    What a barncake you are..LOL

Really Justin?
    Why are we still fighting certain veterans groups in court? Because they're asking for more than we are able to give right now
    How about spending the $372 million allocated
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4447716/t...erans-unspent/

I think floor crossers should either resign or sit as an independent. It shows disregard to the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    I think floor crossers should either resign or sit as an independent. It shows disregard to the voters.
    She said she spoke to her constituents and they weren't happy..

Funny, she seemed pretty happy just a few weeks ago. I would bet that somebody offered her a cabinet position.

Floor-crossing MP praised Trudeau government in weeks before departure

On July 11 — when Alleslev was part of the Canadian delegation at the NATO summit in Brussels — the MP for Aurora-Oak Ridges-Richmond Hill sent a emotional email to Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland.

"Want to tell you that the hug and kiss you gave me on the way out was just truly the best — you made me cry!" Alleslev wrote in the email, supplied to CBC News by a Liberal source.

"You and the PM and Harj (Defence Minister Harjit Sajjan) were truly awesome today. This is not only who we are as Canadians – but also who we are as global citizens – and that was on full display today."

She ended the note by thanking Freeland for "everything you do!"

Alleslev delivered a similar message just nine days later on July 20, when Trudeau headlined a fundraiser in her riding and the then-Liberal MP made a statement.

"The greatest thing about being a member of Parliament in this prime minister's government is that we are each and every one of us valued for the contribution that we bring to the team," Alleslev said, according to a recording of her remarks.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/leo...sing-1.4828822

The note was July 11th, it's September.

I'm just glad a STRONG FEMALE, that JT is always yapping on about, left his party for being ignored. ( he's a liar) she served our country, socks didn't

speaking of yapping on about^

speaking of yapping on about^
    Don't worry too much, we all know you love a good yap

I'm just glad a STRONG FEMALE, that JT is always yapping on about, left his party for being ignored. ( he's a liar) she served our country, socks didn't
    So the first note was July 11th. The second was July 20th. So what happened?

How much you want to be that if a Troy crossed to the Liberals, H.L. would be calling for their head?

So the first note was July 11th. The second was July 20th. So what happened?

How much you want to be that if a Troy crossed to the Liberals, H.L. would be calling for their head?
    Maybe, I didn't when Stronach crossed, snotty rich girl, they were welcome to her.( bet that was fine with you).

your just kvetching now, because a strong female liberal crossed..

Nope, no kvetching. Just wondering what happened between "Everything's great" to "I'm crossing the floor". If she'd had a history about disagreeing with Trudeau, I could see it.

And I like your calling a Liberal crossing to Conservative is a strong female but a Conservative crossing to the Liberals is a snotty, rich girl. Shows that you're more interested in which direction they go as opposed as to why.

Nope, no kvetching. Just wondering what happened between "Everything's great" to "I'm crossing the floor". If she'd had a history about disagreeing with Trudeau, I could see it.

And I like your calling a Liberal crossing to Conservative is a strong female but a Conservative crossing to the Liberals is a snotty, rich girl. Shows that you're more interested in which direction they go as opposed as to why.
    Newsflash..I thought Stronach was a snotty rich girl long before she was political, a friend of ours worked with her..ugh!

so it shows SFA

Yeah. Sure. Totally believe you. Really....

What would be the point in lying? You're so caught up in Trump, you're thinking like him..lol!

You're so much like him, you lie for no reason other than habit.

I must agree, that does sound like trump

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    I must agree, that does sound like trump
    Right? I can hear him say it..rofl.

Newsflash..I thought Stronach was a snotty rich girl long before she was political, a friend of ours worked with her..ugh!
    If we are going to point out things we think sound like Trump, I'd like to draw your attention to this sentence. A few more capitalizations, maybe a SAD at the end, and you got yourself a Trump tweet.

If we are going to point out things we think sound like Trump, I'd like to draw your attention to this sentence. A few more capitalizations, maybe a SAD at the end, and you got yourself a Trump tweet.

It's reading this thread, where the guy with TDS posts, it's catching. ROFL..
    I'm still very happy a strong female left JT.

https://www.spencerfernando.com/2018...-their-phones/

LOL. Poor JT

What makes this even more humiliating for Trudeau is that the one person holding up a phone as if they cared about what Trudeau was saying, is a member of the PMO staff.
    Last edited by H.L.; 26-09-2018 at 03:02 PM.

Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast