Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,300 of 4470

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

If Trudeau wins the election, anyone want to bet TMX pipeline will suddenly be put on hold?

"We need more consultation with indigenous peoplekind"
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

kcantor, when you got married, did you ask your wife; "Honey, we have been married for 6 months, where are those 4 or 5 kids we talked about having?"
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Meanwhile in the US, the GDP barely passes 2.0%
    So???

And a year ago it was over 3% and ours barely passed 2.0%.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...-growth-annual
    https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/...user=ZZAlgiers
    Last edited by KC; 01-09-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

kcantor, when you got married, did you ask your wife; "Honey, we have been married for 6 months, where are those 4 or 5 kids we talked about having?"
    nope.

but i didn't have kkozoriz pestering me every few hours to find out how much i was enjoying my 4 or 5 kids already either.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Trudeau working hard to support Canadian jobs..

oh, its not in Quebec.

Didn't you know, more important to save those homegrown Quebec voting jobs rather than somewhere else.
    Yeah, it's not like the federal Liberals bought Alberta a pipeline or anything.

Oh, wait....
    you say that like that pipeline wasn't already at full capacity and generating a positive return on its investment both pre and post purchase.

oh, wait.... you say there's going to be an expansion of that pipeline capable of shipping more oil in 2 or 3 or 4 years? hopefully you're right but i don't see anyone celebrating the certainty of that quite yet.
    It needs to be timed to boost GDP when the building of ever grander condos (the housing ATM) stops being the “engine of growth”.

“So what does all this island hopping have to do with the U.S.? Simply put, after World War II and up until the early 1970s we operated in the industrious Thriftville style, regularly selling more abroad than we purchased. We concurrently invested our surplus abroad, with the result that our net investment--that is, our holdings of foreign assets less foreign holdings of U.S. assets--increased (under methodology, since revised, that the government was then using) from $37 billion in 1950 to $68 billion in 1970. In those days, to sum up, our country's "net worth," viewed in totality, consisted of all the wealth within our borders plus a modest portion of the wealth in the rest of the world.
    ...”

America's Growing Trade Deficit Is Selling The Nation Out From Under Us. Here's A Way To Fix The Problem--And We Need To Do It Now. - November 10, 2003

https://archive.fortune.com/magazine...2872/index.htm

Years and years:
    https://financialpostcom.files.wordp...lance_c_mf.png

Canada’s trade deficit widens as exports tumble | Financial Post
    https://business.financialpost.com/n...-key-takeaways
    Last edited by KC; 01-09-2019 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Meanwhile in the US, the GDP barely passes 2.0%
    So???

And a year ago it was over 3% and ours barely passed 2.0%.

https://tradingeconomics.com/united-...-growth-annual
    https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/...user=ZZAlgiers

Always better to begin an election on an upswing rather than a downturn.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Of course you don't. Because it's Trudeau, you're incapable of seeing anything good that he's done.

Has he made mistakes? Of course, just like all other governments before him.

Has he accomplished everything he promised? Of course not, just like all governments before him.

Has his administration been scandal free? Of course not, just like every government before him.

Has the good outweighed the bad? This being an opinion, I can't say for certain but in my opinion I believe it has by a large measure. YMMV.

Will it make a difference to the average Albertan? Of course not. They'll just mark the circle next to the word Conservative.

Of course you don't. Because it's Trudeau, you're incapable of seeing anything good that he's done.

Has he made mistakes? Of course, just like all other governments before him.

Has he accomplished everything he promised? Of course not, just like all governments before him.

Has his administration been scandal free? Of course not, just like every government before him.

Has the good outweighed the bad? This being an opinion, I can't say for certain but in my opinion I believe it has by a large measure. YMMV.

Will it make a difference to the average Albertan? Of course not. They'll just mark the circle next to the word Conservative.
    ...and so you could just as well substitute Trudeau’s name with Harper.

Some good, some bad.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Just a fyi, driving past HOPE the other day and there is a huge stockpile of pipe just west of town south of TCH. Trucks were bringing pipe in, unloading, stacking etc. Seeing that gave me HOPE.

I'd rather C2E than work!

If Trudeau wins the election, anyone want to bet TMX pipeline will suddenly be put on hold?

"We need more consultation with indigenous peoplekind"
    I want to see how he( well Butts) handles a recession( they keep talking about a global recession on the news) because I think we will see lots of floundering around, and just think, he cant blame PM Harper , what will they do???
    Last edited by H.L.; 01-09-2019 at 10:44 PM.
    Animals are my passion.

Seeing as it's your hero Trump that's doing his best to drive the world into recession, I imagine that you'll blame everyone but the cheeto Mussolini.

Unfortunately the longer it takes for new pipeline capacity to become available, the less value we can command for our energy products. The energy sector is on a long term decline pattern. Sad, but true.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...irst-time-ever
    Exxon Mobil Corp. is poised to drop out of the S&P 500 Index’s 10 biggest companies for the first time since the index’s inception some 90 years ago, the consummation of a long-term trend of tech titans replacing industrial giants in the top ranks of U.S. stock market.

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    Unfortunately the longer it takes for new pipeline capacity to become available, the less value we can command for our energy products. The energy sector is on a long term decline pattern. Sad, but true.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...irst-time-ever
    Exxon Mobil Corp. is poised to drop out of the S&P 500 Index’s 10 biggest companies for the first time since the index’s inception some 90 years ago, the consummation of a long-term trend of tech titans replacing industrial giants in the top ranks of U.S. stock market.
    Yup. Tobacco companies used to be giants too. Despite their ongoing profitability, the writing was on the wall for decades for them too. Tech is surpassing most old world enterprises and those old world companies that are deemed to be evil companies in evil sectors won’t catch a break.

Oil is also subject to incredibly rapid technological obsolescence. I’m amazed that better batteries haven’t become marketable already. So even with much of the world stuck using oil, a slight reduction in demand growth or even an absolute reduction in demand is on the horizon. It kills narrow margins. That’s a killer for our one-company-town economy.

This is a must read in terms of indexing and component companies:
    (Some quite astounding facts here)

https://horizonkinetics.com/wp-conte...y-_Final-1.pdf
    Last edited by KC; 02-09-2019 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Trudeau working hard to support Canadian jobs..

oh, its not in Quebec.

Didn't you know, more important to save those homegrown Quebec voting jobs rather than somewhere else.

Oh, wait....

Hmmm...last I looked, every province benefited from increased oil exports, not just Alberta. And as it stands now, the Feds spent 4 billion on something that is just sitting there doing zilch.

I don't get some people. It is like that they expect instant gratification on everything. What do you expect? Did you you think that the day that the government bought the pipeline, the oil would be flowing to port and everyone would have jobs and purple unicorns would fill the potholes on Edmonton's golden streets?

Kinder Morgan received approval in 2013 from the National Energy Board. For 5 years, Kinder Morgan did not do much as they were mired in court challenges.

Just 15 months aro, the government bought Trans Mountain and did the necessary consultations and court ordered requirements. Just 2-1/2 months ago, on June 18, 2019, the Governor in Council (GIC) directed the National Energy Board to issue the certificate allowing for the construction. They are starting construction.

Have some patience and don't expect a brand new gift wrapped Ford F-350 4x4 Diesel Super Duty to be delivered your house by Friday...

Please return to your Trudeau bashing and pray that Jason Kenney has aspirations to run for Prime Minister to save us all...

Excuses, excuses. The oil’s draining back into the ground and we’ll have to pump it out again damnit

And note that there is a we in every well! Trudeau has to step up and join the team...

All’s well, that pumps well!

Plus, hey, we’re re-surfacing long buried carbon to grow the world. The remaining land above water will need even more carbon to grow the food we need to sustain 30 or 40 billion people that well have in a couple more years. If we’re going to bring back great big dinosaur’s we’re going to need lots of carbon (and even more oxygen so bigger trees too).
    Last edited by KC; 02-09-2019 at 11:31 AM.

The problem is the bigger picture doesn’t shine a pretty light on Trudeau.

You have this long delay, that begs the question (similar to the John Baird quote on Liberal’s intention in signing carbon goal, see post #4173), if there is actual intentions to get the oil flowing

you have the controversial bills like bill C-48 and bill C-69 that seems to have been designed to slow the flow of oil, even if the pipeline gets going

you used to have an argument on judicial system independence. Kinder Morgan was delayed by courts. With SNC-LAVALIN scandal, this argument now does not cut it anymore (this is part of separate, but bigger problem Trudeau has created, namely the virtue signaling, which later blows up in his face and weakens the very liberal ideas we cherish)

then you have this tax-payer funded purchase, which sits idle. Until operational, this is a depreciation asset. The longer it takes the pipeline to start operating, the less return tax payer will see on their investment.

And finally, you have the race against time. All other oil producers are rushing to cash in before the value of oil falls even further. Funny enough, today Saudis fired their oil minister as he couldn’t deliver the high price they need to IPO their oil company and bring forward cash deposits from future oil sales.

Yeah, as if running roughshod through environmental , provincial and first nations concerns worked so well last time.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

EPRT, Kinder Morgan formally applied to the NEB in December 2013 for the expansion project. After all sorts of consultations, filings, and public hearings, the NEB approval subject to 157 conditions took place in May 2016. Federal Cabinet approval followed in November 2016.

A detailed timeline of the regulatory process is available at this link: https://www.transmountain.com/news/2019/how-we-got-here

Warning. There is an error in the timeline. The Federal Court of Appeal struck down the initial Cabinet approval on August 30, 2018 (not 2019). Unbelievable that Trans Mountain website fact checkers would not have caught this error but there you go.

Last time I checked, Stephen Harper was PM until November 4, 2015 so between December 2013 and then is nearly two years and no pipe was laid BUT posters expect in the past 15 months, that the pipeline gets built. Sort of a double standard.

BTW, I always voted Conservative until I couldn't take Harper anymore in 2015.

In 2019, I have not one candidate for PM that I trust so don't go painting me as some Liberal.

Oh, wait....
    The Liberals didn't buy a pipeline, taxpayers did, and if you factor in equalization it is primarily Alberta taxpayers that bought the pipeline

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

So then if the (fingers crossed) Conservatives win, the Conservatives inherit the pipeline etc.

So Andrew Scheer spreads unsourced rumours that the UK government has called nonsense. Got any facts to back that up, Andy?

You'll remember when the Conservatives fast-tracked the immigration status of another, convicted felon. That would be one Conrad Black. And who was the Immigration Minister at the time? That would be Jason Kenney.

Child-killer story shows how parties use dubious news to push campaign messages
    A U.K. story about Jon Venables became an online prop in Canada's pre-election messaging war

The Daily Mail reported that unnamed sources said Venables is set to be released from prison again and "will most likely be sent to Canada within days, but Australia and New Zealand are also options."

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada initially said it could not comment on specific cases while noting several reasons that potential immigrants would be inadmissible to Canada — among them the fact of having "a criminal record" or having "committed an act outside Canada that would be a crime in Canada."

But on Tuesday, as the story drew international attention, a government official speaking on background told CBC News that there is currently no application in the system for Venables — and that the government has not been contacted by U.K. officials about his case.

Rumours about Venables coming to Canada first circulated in June, when a National Post story — citing an anonymous government official — stated there was no basis for the claim.

A spokesperson for the U.K.'s Ministry of Justice said that while a convict's potential move to Canada doesn't fall under its jurisdiction, they "don't know of any truth to this story" and said aspects of the story relating to Venables' process of release were "complete nonsense."

Barbara Jo Caruso, an immigration lawyer and the founder of the Corporate Immigration Law Firm, said there are some exemptions to inadmissibility but added that it would be "unlikely" for someone like Venables to be approved to come to Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/s...tory-1.5269306
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 04-09-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tmx...nges-1.5269605

"The Federal Court of Appeal has agreed to hear an appeal from activists determined to overturn the Liberal government's approval of the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project.

"It's another legal hurdle for the long-delayed project — which, if it's built, will carry nearly a million barrels of oil per day from Alberta to B.C.'s coast.
    "The court has agreed to take up six of 12 possible appeals to the federal cabinet's decision. The court said it would hear evidence on whether the federal government adequately consulted with Indigenous peoples before approving the project for a second time in June."

hands up anyone who's surprised...

and hands up anyone who wishes jt had gone to the supreme court last time so the country would have some certainty and some legal precedents to rely on.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

wtf does that have to do with suggesting that the proper place to have this settled was and likely will end up having to be the supreme court of canada?
    Last edited by kcantor; 04-09-2019 at 01:00 PM.

So Andrew Scheer spreads unsourced rumours that the UK government has called nonsense. Got any facts to back that up, Andy?

You'll remember when the Conservatives fast-tracked the immigration status of another, convicted felon. That would be one Conrad Black. And who was the Immigration Minister at the time? That would be Jason Kenney.

Child-killer story shows how parties use dubious news to push campaign messages
    A U.K. story about Jon Venables became an online prop in Canada's pre-election messaging war

The Daily Mail reported that unnamed sources said Venables is set to be released from prison again and "will most likely be sent to Canada within days, but Australia and New Zealand are also options."

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada initially said it could not comment on specific cases while noting several reasons that potential immigrants would be inadmissible to Canada — among them the fact of having "a criminal record" or having "committed an act outside Canada that would be a crime in Canada."

But on Tuesday, as the story drew international attention, a government official speaking on background told CBC News that there is currently no application in the system for Venables — and that the government has not been contacted by U.K. officials about his case.

Rumours about Venables coming to Canada first circulated in June, when a National Post story — citing an anonymous government official — stated there was no basis for the claim.

A spokesperson for the U.K.'s Ministry of Justice said that while a convict's potential move to Canada doesn't fall under its jurisdiction, they "don't know of any truth to this story" and said aspects of the story relating to Venables' process of release were "complete nonsense."

Barbara Jo Caruso, an immigration lawyer and the founder of the Corporate Immigration Law Firm, said there are some exemptions to inadmissibility but added that it would be "unlikely" for someone like Venables to be approved to come to Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/s...tory-1.5269306
    Great to see tracking stories like this. Is there a site collating the various lies being told by the various parties/campaigns/fake candidates?

"The Federal Court of Appeal has agreed to hear an appeal from activists determined to overturn the Liberal government's approval of the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project.

"It's another legal hurdle for the long-delayed project — which, if it's built, will carry nearly a million barrels of oil per day from Alberta to B.C.'s coast.
    "The court has agreed to take up six of 12 possible appeals to the federal cabinet's decision. The court said it would hear evidence on whether the federal government adequately consulted with Indigenous peoples before approving the project for a second time in June."

and hands up anyone who wishes jt had gone to the supreme court last time so the country would have some certainty and some legal precedents to rely on.

Interesting that it calls them “activists” yet the article goes on to say they are indigenous First Nations. The former term doesn’t really do justice if my sense is that these “activists” likely have territorial land control or claims (aka actual property owners). Maybe never ceded territories.

A fixed corridor may be the way to go in the future.
    Last edited by KC; 04-09-2019 at 01:09 PM.

So what if the Supreme Court of Canada had upheld rather then over-turned the August 2018 Court of Appeal decision?

Even if the Supreme Court had over-turned the decision (which strikes me as the less likely outcome given that the Court of Appeal decision was unanimous), it was actually faster to re-do the marine impacts and indigenous consultations than launch the appeal. We would likely still be waiting for a ruling on the much broader August 2018 ruling.

For reference here is a link to today's Federal Court of Appeal ruling:

https://decisions.fca-caf.gc.ca/fca-...21006/index.do

As paragraph 8 of the ruling makes clear, the bar for granting leaves to appeal is set quite low. Recognizing this, the decision to not grant leave to appeal to groups who want to re-litigate the conflict of interest and environmental impacts of the project could be seen as relatively good news.

And as paragraph 67 makes clear, even were the court where to rule in favour of the Indigenous plaintiffs about the adequacy of the further consultations, the remedy (i.e. striking down the federal approval) may not be the same this time around.

^

wtf does that have to do with suggesting that the proper place to have this settled was and likely will end up having to be the supreme court of canada?
    Send in the cops. tear gas, bust some heads. Isn't that how you're supposed to deal with "activists" that oppose Alberta's god given right to pipelines?

Forget about working your way through the courts. Just dump anything and everything on the SCOC and get it out of the way all at once. Why should pipelines get to jump the queue?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

Send in the cops. tear gas, bust some heads. Isn't that how you're supposed to deal with "activists" that oppose Alberta's god given right to pipelines?

Forget about working your way through the courts. Just dump anything and everything on the SCOC and get it out of the way all at once. Why should pipelines get to jump the queue?
    ffs... when did i say any if those things?

you're letting the voices in your head get the better of you again.

The picture was a response to the same things you're complaining about. First Nations protesting a pipeline across their land. And instead of following the standard, accepted legal process, you want to give special attention simply because it involves a pipeline.

Because First Nations have always been treated so well by governments and energy companies.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

The picture was a response to the same things you're complaining about. First Nations protesting a pipeline across their land. And instead of following the standard, accepted legal process, you want to give special attention simply because it involves a pipeline.

Because First Nations have always been treated so well by governments and energy companies.
    well at least the voices in your head are consistent because i never said any if those things either.

well at least the voices in your head are consistent because i never said any if those things either.
    Interpretations just come across as nasty spin doctoring when the actual words are just up thread. I’d say it’s time to debate actual wording and points made rather than interject fuzzy impressions and recollections into the discussion.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^

or maybe it's just time to step away...

if anyone wants to know what my thoughts are, they can just ask kkozoriz to consult with one of the voices in his head.

Here is something interesting for everyone that I saw yesterday. I'm surprised I haven't seen in on here yet.

https://www.macleans.ca/opinion/why-...-conservative/

You want to bypass the court of appeal and go directly to the SCOC. How is that not making a special case for a pipeline company? First Nations, who are the ones who's appeals were approved, should only get one chance to make their case in court? Straight to the supremes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Here is something interesting for everyone that I saw yesterday. I'm surprised I haven't seen in on here yet.

I've though this for a long time but the truth of the matter is that a large percentage of Albertans, not a majority but close to it, would be quite happy with a one party system. In the past 40 years, with very few exceptions, it's been conservative of various flavours all the way. Reform? Take over the federal Conservatives. Wild Rose? Take over the provincial Conservatives. Get ticked off because the Conservatives and Wild Rose are feuding? Vote in the NDP to get their attention and then vote them in once the merger goes through.

From the link above.

This stew of economic pain and political alienation, and the willingness of certain politicians to continue stirring it, helps explain the recent outburst of western separatism. But if Albertans want the rest of Canada to take their issues more seriously, they’ll have to do something even more radical than push for separation: stop voting Conservative.

They don’t have to do that forever, mind you, and they certainly don’t have to vote Liberal. Asking an Albertan to vote for Trudeau in 2019 is a bit like asking an ardent Hillary Clinton supporter to vote for Donald Trump in 2020. But as long as Albertans reflexively vote Conservative at the federal level, they are inviting said federal Conservatives to take their votes for granted and focus on winning the ones in relatively vote-rich Quebec and Ontario. Stephen Harper’s tenure as Prime Minister offers a useful illustration of that.

Here was a Prime Minister from Calgary, who gave important cabinet posts to other Albertans, and who ostensibly had Alberta’s best interests in mind. And yet, during his nearly decade-long time in office, Mr. Harper and his government consistently made decisions that were at odds with those interests.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

You want to bypass the court of appeal and go directly to the SCOC. How is that not making a special case for a pipeline company? First Nations, who are the ones who's appeals were approved, should only get one chance to make their case in court? Straight to the supremes?
    the government had an opportunity to go to the supreme court the last time the federal appeals ruled and chose not too. that wouldn't have been bypassing anything. they chose not to.

the government will have an opportunity to go the supreme court once the federal court of appeals decides on the current appeals. we will see if they choose to or not. either way, nothing will be bypassed.

and nothing in my post that started this conversation ("and hands up anyone who wishes jt had gone to the supreme court last time so the country would have some certainty and some legal precedents to rely on") or that i subsequently said or hinted at that suggests otherwise. you need to find a better voice to listen to to put words in my mouth if you don't want to listen to mine.
    Last edited by kcantor; 04-09-2019 at 08:09 PM.

I've though this for a long time but the truth of the matter is that a large percentage of Albertans, not a majority but close to it, would be quite happy with a one party system. In the past 40 years, with very few exceptions, it's been conservative of various flavours all the way. Reform? Take over the federal Conservatives. Wild Rose? Take over the provincial Conservatives. Get ticked off because the Conservatives and Wild Rose are feuding? Vote in the NDP to get their attention and then vote them in once the merger goes through.

From the link above.

This stew of economic pain and political alienation, and the willingness of certain politicians to continue stirring it, helps explain the recent outburst of western separatism. But if Albertans want the rest of Canada to take their issues more seriously, they’ll have to do something even more radical than push for separation: stop voting Conservative.

They don’t have to do that forever, mind you, and they certainly don’t have to vote Liberal. Asking an Albertan to vote for Trudeau in 2019 is a bit like asking an ardent Hillary Clinton supporter to vote for Donald Trump in 2020. But as long as Albertans reflexively vote Conservative at the federal level, they are inviting said federal Conservatives to take their votes for granted and focus on winning the ones in relatively vote-rich Quebec and Ontario. Stephen Harper’s tenure as Prime Minister offers a useful illustration of that.

Here was a Prime Minister from Calgary, who gave important cabinet posts to other Albertans, and who ostensibly had Alberta’s best interests in mind. And yet, during his nearly decade-long time in office, Mr. Harper and his government consistently made decisions that were at odds with those interests.
    A large percentage but not a majority. Well, and how is that any different than many, many other jurisdictions where two main parties forever duke it out?

The small proportion of swing voters decide the elections while large proportions but not majorities mindlessly hold loyal to one party or the other.

By the way, before the Progressive Conservatives it was Social Credit for decades and before that it was the Liberals that ruled Alberta for years and years.

Liberals controlled Alberta for something like 17 years when Alberta was really a pioneering province.

History of Alberta politics

1905–1921 Alberta Liberal Party

1921–1935 United Farmers of Alberta

1935–1971 Social Credit Party of Alberta

1971–2015 Alberta Progressive Conservatives

2015–2019 Alberta NDP

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Politics_of_Alberta
    Last edited by KC; 04-09-2019 at 09:38 PM.

^

or maybe it's just time to step away...

if anyone wants to know what my thoughts are, they can just ask kkozoriz to consult with one of the voices in his head.
    Keep posting, Ken. You make more sense that KKk ever will
    Animals are my passion.

From the link above.

A large percentage but not a majority. Well, and how is that any different than many, many other jurisdictions where two main parties forever duke it out?

The small proportion of swing voters decide the elections while large proportions but not majorities mindlessly hold loyal to one party or the other.

By the way, before the Progressive Conservatives it was Social Credit for decades and before that it was the Liberals that ruled Alberta for years and years.

Liberals controlled Alberta for something like 17 years when Alberta was really a pioneering province.

2015–2019 Alberta NDP

Alberta just hasn't had any credible alternatives in all those years.

American comedian bbq'd Junior last week in an interview. Can't believe JT's handlers let him go on there and get taken behind the woodshed.

Fawcett of the National Post wrote:

"Here was a Prime Minister from Calgary, who gave important cabinet posts to other Albertans, and who ostensibly had Alberta’s best interests in mind." END QUOTE

Actually, under Harper, not many of the important cabinet posts went to Albertans. If you look at Finance, Justice, and Foreign Affairs, none of them were ever held by Albertans.

And of the ministries that were held by Albertans, Rona Ambrose seems to be disproportionately represented. Granted, there was Kenney in Heritage, but that department is not a big mover and shaker, all things considered.
    Last edited by overoceans; 08-09-2019 at 05:15 PM.

American comedian bbq'd Junior last week in an interview. Can't believe JT's handlers let him go on there and get taken behind the woodshed.
    It was wonderful. lol
    Animals are my passion.

The good Trudeau has done for the country? I see good he's done for Quebec, SNC Lavalin, Bombardier and Omar Khadr, but nothing for the country.
    He pretty muchs shuts down the oil industry.
    Is impotent against China with beef and canola exports
    Tweets and causes the immigration system to be overloaded, but doesn't provide funding for provinces to house the people.

Soooo you are saying that the trudeau government did not buy TransMountain?

And you are saying that Trudeau controls the world oil & gas prices and can stop the United States, our largest energy customer by far, from becoming energy independent and stop them from offshore drilling, fracking and forcing them to buy Alberta oil & gas?

The oil price took a fall beginning in 2014 under Stephen Harper to less than half the value and JT has only been in power since November 4, 2015 when oil was $45/bbl and gas prices have fallen since 2008.

https://www.macrotrends.net/1369/cru...-history-chart
    https://www.macrotrends.net/2478/nat...storical-chart

Yup, JT killed Alberta's oil & gas industry.

BTW, they don't like him in Quebec either...

Miopia: It keeps you focused...
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 09-09-2019 at 09:23 AM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Lucky for him nobody watched it.

From the link above.

2015–2019 Alberta NDP

The Liberal Party in the early 20th Cenutry were pro-business and pro-free trade, what we would nowadays call neo-liberal market economics. They were replaced by the UFA, who were economically radical, ancestral to the CCF and by extension the NDP(this used to be mentioned in the Alberta legislature tour). But the UFA drifted rightward during its tenure, and were ousted in favour of Social Credit, who originally tried to implement a policy of economic radicalism, albeit one that was rooted in a conspiracy-based economic theory. Their program soon outlawed by the courts, and after about 1948, Social Credit became the garden-variety social and economic conservative party everyone remembers today.

The Tories who took over in 1971 were basically liberal(mainstream keynesian and social progressivesism), in line with most centrist parties in those days. They more or less governed that way until Klein took over in '92, and implemented austerity and pandering to the rural religious factions. While that certainly qualified as a major shift to the right, it wasn't much different from what was soon being implemented elsewhere in Canada, most notably Ontario under Mike Harris.

The rest of the history, I would assume, is too well-known to reuquire mucb illumination.

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post

"Here was a Prime Minister from Calgary, who gave important cabinet posts to other Albertans, and who ostensibly had Alberta’s best interests in mind." END QUOTE

Actually, under Harper, not many of the important cabinet posts went to Albertans. If you look at Finance, Justice, and Foreign Affairs, none of them were ever held by Albertans.

And of the ministries that were held by Albertans, Rona Ambrose seems to be disproportionately represented. Granted, there was Kenney in Heritage, but that department is not a big mover and shaker, all things considered.
    I don't recall any important cabinet posts being held by an Edmonton, since Anne McLellan - oh wait she is a Liberal and she did a lot to help develop the oilsands. Calgary did a bit better under Harper, a couple more cabinet ministers but really not that much. There was a western facade, but many of the Conservative big shots were from still Ontario and elsewhere, most of the large number of their Alberta MP's were backbenchers.

There is a just a generally crankiness in Alberta these days, which I suppose is not uncommon in economically challenging times - some people want to blame the rest of Canada or the rest of the world for our economic difficulties.

Sundance also forgot the $1billion in Federal money approved earlier this year for Edmonton's LRT.

Has anyone else been getting texts from "Sarah from the Conservative Party of Canada" asking if they can count on my support to defeat Justin? I just got a second one within the last 5 minutes from 780-628-2357.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

C2E SME

I've gotten 1 or 2. Best thing you can do is not respond, as they're just spamming random numbers in the hopes you reply, at which point you get added to their database.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...laws-1.5216679

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Has anyone else been getting texts from "Sarah from the Conservative Party of Canada" asking if they can count on my support to defeat Justin? I just got a second one within the last 5 minutes from 780-628-2357.
    Heh, they must be getting desperate.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Que sará, sará
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future's not ours to see

https://youtu.be/xZbKHDPPrrc

Sundance also forgot the $1billion in Federal money approved earlier this year for Edmonton's LRT.
    I won’t recall that.

I added that number to my Spam filter the first time. Now I don't even get a notification.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

not to make light of a billion dollars but that money was from the fed's investing in canada plan. it was/is a 12 year plan with five main platforms or areas for investment (with transit being one of the five). the total fund commitment was $180 billion in total (although that represented/rolled in a number of previously existing programs and commitments).

edmonton's lrt contribution is zero point five six percent (0.56%) of the overall program spending.

according to the alberta government, as near as i can tell, under all 5 streams alberta is expected to receive $3.65 billion or two point zero three percent (2.03%) of the overall program spending.

https://www.infrastructure.gc.ca/pro...-ab-eng.html#3

again, i don't want to belittle $3.65 billion either but the heat maps of where the money is actually going are pretty interesting.

https://www.infrastructure.gc.ca/gma...-eng.html#fnb2

And all that money came from Alberta transfer payments while in Quebec, we pay zero taxes and our streets are paved with gold and no pot holes...

There's no amount of money the Liberals can throw at Alberta to turn the province red, just like there's nothing the Conservatives can do to lose the vote.

Alberta will continue to get the treatment it votes for.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

And all that money came from Alberta transfer payments while in Quebec, we pay zero taxes and our streets are paved with gold and no pot holes...
    very well played...

but missing the point a bit as did i. Sundance was commenting on what he has - or hasn't seen - in regard to what has been good for Canada (has seen in the past tense - i.e. to date - being operative).

that billion you pointed out while approved hasn't arrived and the only good to be seen is the planning and engineering that is continuing (and some of that may even be arguable even from montreal as to whether it's more bad than good in how it's going to be spent. ).

even my including it on relative terms through to 2028 was probably missing the same point...

I don't recall any important cabinet posts being held by an Edmonton, since Anne McLellan - oh wait she is a Liberal and she did a lot to help develop the oilsands. Calgary did a bit better under Harper, a couple more cabinet ministers but really not that much. There was a western facade, but many of the Conservative big shots were from still Ontario and elsewhere, most of the large number of their Alberta MP's were backbenchers.
    Yes, there is a widely held myth that the Harper government was essentially Alberta forcing its reactionary will on The Rest Of Canada. Whereas, in fact, both in terms of ideology and personnel, that government owed at least as much to the Common Sense Revolution as to the Reform Party.

And good point about McLellan. Yeah, under Harper, no Albertan(besides him) reached the same level of cabinet prestige that she did.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/can...b-80cadf82004e

$12.8 billion in the month of august alone!

these guys won't need a break for an election, they'll need a break from all of that shoveling.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    There's no amount of money the Liberals can throw at Alberta to turn the province red, just like there's nothing the Conservatives can do to lose the vote.

Alberta will continue to get the treatment it votes for.
    Does that apply as well to Edmonton provincially?

The major differences between US and Canada is population and political will. So while US oil production has increased, Canada's has decreased, world price influences are somewhat the same, therefore the unemployment differences are political and blame can be fairly given to Justin.

Let's talk about the $1 billion promised by Justin, how much if that is coming from Alberta taxpayers to begin with? My guess is significantly more than 11% (Alberta's vs. Canada's population)

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    The major differences between US and Canada is population and political will. So while US oil production has increased, Canada's has decreased, world price influences are somewhat the same, therefore the unemployment differences are political and blame can be fairly given to Justin.
    You’re not in the oil sector at all are you.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    Lucky for him nobody watched it.
    How do you know that? Just because you may not have seen it doesn't mean others haven't.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Population yes, but the situations are really not comparable. The US is basically increasing production for domestic consumption - not export, so the whole building pipelines to tidewater debate that we have here isn't much of an issue there. Their increased production is mostly replacing imported heavy crude from Venezuela, lighter crude from the mid east and to some extent also declining production from Alaska and heavier oil from Canada.

I don't think the US is seriously looking at exporting much to China or the far east. If that became an issue, I expect there could be political blow back from California, Oregon and Washington state. Although one similarity, there are environmentalists there too, not just in BC and by the way in the US they have shut down both Keystone XL and the Enbridge replacement lines, more than once through legal challenges, much like Trans Mountain in Canada.

Oh a lot of it in the US is light crude and refined in the country, so most of the environmental concerns about bitumen and not refining it domestically, also not issues there particularly as they already have the refining capacity. The increased production in some places like Texas are fairly close to the existing pipeline and refinery network, so why wouldn't they use it, instead of importing it.

The US’s production capabilities are challenging all the traditional suppliers.

Interesting is the amount of pipeline expansion they’ve undertaken. Different factors at play. We have far bigger hurdles to overcome.

Oil Infrastructure | Business Roundtable

https://www.businessroundtable.org/oil-infrastructure

The Quiet Rise In U.S. Offshore Oil Production

“For example, given sunken prices, there’s been well over $1 trillion in new projects canceled, leading to an underinvestment in new supply that could ultimately mean a price spike in the early-2020s.
    But thanks to the recent higher prices stemming from the November 2016 agreement between OPEC and partners to cut 1.8 million b/d in production, we could see $1.6 to $1.8 trillion in offshore CAPEX by 2022.

In particular for us, the U.S. push for more offshore will help us feed a growing oil export business that is buffering the over-influence of OPEC and Russia around the world. The awesome upsurge in U.S. crude exports is one of the biggest stories in the energy business over the past year.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/judecle...il-production/

U.S. Shale's Blows Leave Middle East Oil Producers Staggering
    By Serene Cheong
    December 26, 2018, 4:00 PM EST
    Updated on December 27, 2018, 6:03 AM EST
    U.S. light-oil flows to Asia erode OPEC members’ market share
    Jump in U.S. fuel exports spurs decrease in refining margins

Light oil pumped in U.S. shale fields is increasingly making its way to Asia, undercutting sales by the likes of Saudi Arabia. Additionally, America is exporting a record amount of refined fuel, contributing to a global glut in gasoline and naphtha. That’s hurting some of the biggest members of the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries as they prepare to curb crude output in a bid to stabilize the market.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ers-staggering

Last edited by KC; 10-09-2019 at 06:18 PM.

One debate? One? What is JT so scared of.?
    Animals are my passion.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

^^

maybe part of the reason our federal government chose not to make a presentation to the federal court of appeal two months before an election (a decision that even surprised the judge):

"Trans Mountain Corp.has not signed agreements with 33 per cent of landowners, no part of thedetailed route has been approved, about half of the necessary permits areoutstanding and it must meet dozens of conditions with the Canada EnergyRegulator, formerly the National Energy Board.

"Further, it facesresistance in southwest B.C., where landowners are digging in their heels,Indigenous groups are filing legal challenges and protesters are planning toramp up activity."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...e-bc-1.5278931

^^

maybe part of the reason our federal government chose not to make a presentation to the federal court of appeal two months before an election (a decision that even surprised the judge):

"Trans Mountain Corp.has not signed agreements with 33 per cent of landowners, no part of thedetailed route has been approved, about half of the necessary permits areoutstanding and it must meet dozens of conditions with the Canada EnergyRegulator, formerly the National Energy Board.

"Further, it facesresistance in southwest B.C., where landowners are digging in their heels,Indigenous groups are filing legal challenges and protesters are planning toramp up activity."

But there will be some that say this takes time to get through all of these obstacles, and Rome wasn't built in a day. Problem is, by the time all the obstacles are cleared, there will be no need for anymore oil. And the other part of the problem, is that the government either created these obstacles, or fostered an environment (no pun intended) to exacerbate them.

Problem is, by the time all the obstacles are cleared, there will be no need for anymore oil. And the other part of the problem, is that the government either created these obstacles, or fostered an environment (no pun intended) to exacerbate them.
    100% correct. JT loves all these hold ups.
    Animals are my passion.

Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Hilarious. Media brilliance! Another Tripmageddon!

Why use bumped into or banged into when “crash” is so much more hyperbolistic a term.

They can’t even tell if it’s a scrape or a dent to the “supposed damage”.

“According to various reports, a bus has crashed into the wing of the Liberal campaign plane in Victoria, British Columbia.

Photographs and videos posted on social media show a scraped or dented wing“

“According to Ottawa Bureau Chief for Global News, Mercedes Stephenson: ” There is visible damage to the wing of the plane which appears dented.”

A video posted by Stephenson shows the supposed damage underneath the wing.”

Last edited by KC; 12-09-2019 at 05:43 AM.

^^

Well by Jody, if this ain’t a con-undrum.

I’m sure Trudeau wouldn’t have politically interfered in a legal process.

Unless that is, there were engineering and construction jobs at stake for which no one can apologize for making such a moral and virtuous action to step up to save those good paying middle class jobs.

“I’m not going to apologize for standing up for Canadians jobs. That’s my job.” - source: unknown (possibly some spin doctor working for Trudeau)
    Last edited by KC; 12-09-2019 at 05:59 AM.

As one journalist on the bus said, "Maybe our bus driver should have chosen backward, not forward".

I heard Scheer's plane got caught in fog yesterday and had to make a detour in Quebec, so perhaps the campaign gods of chaos may be non partisan.

Absolutely no plane problems for the NDP though, they haven't got a chartered plane this time.

As one journalist on the bus said, "Maybe our bus driver should have chosen backward, not forward".

I heard Scheer's plane got caught in fog yesterday and had to make a detour in Quebec, so perhaps the campaign gods of chaos may be non partisan.

Absolutely no plane problems for the NDP though, they haven't got a chartered plane this time.
    Not yet, Singh said they may charter one later. I can't believe the bus driver didn't stop, rather than scrape all along the wing..lol
    JT ditched ConAir and grabbed another flight..
    Animals are my passion.

I saw Trudeau giving a speech in Edmonton Strathcona on the news. He said something about making the "50th Street crossing" safer. What's the issue there? Is he talking about the portion of 50th that runs by Refinery Row and Eastgate Industrial Park? (And how is that a federal issue?)

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

I saw Trudeau giving a speech in Edmonton Strathcona on the news. He said something about making the "50th Street crossing" safer. What's the issue there? Is he talking about the portion of 50th that runs by Refinery Row and Eastgate Industrial Park? (And how is that a federal issue?)
    he may have been talking about an overpass for 50 street to eliminate the current level rail crossing but I would think that's a traffic congestion issue more than a safety one. i guess when you're announcing shovelled money its the shovelling that's more important than the reason.
    Last edited by kcantor; 12-09-2019 at 11:32 PM.

C2E SME
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

he may have been talking about an overpass for 50 street to eliminate the current level rail crossing but I would think that's a traffic congestion issue more than a safety one. i guess when you're announcing shovelled money its the shovelling that's more important than the reason.
    I can't actually recall if he used the word "safer", or something else. Yeah, it would make sense if he was talking about something to do with the railway, because that would make it into a federal issue.

The 50 St rail crossing has been an issue for years & has been a bit of a pet project for Sohi.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4121410/e....google.com%2F

Not really surprising the Liberal leader bringing up an issue a local Liberal MP has involvement with.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

C2E Continued Contributor

Which begs the question....why didn't they even start it this year?

The city plans to widen the 50 Street roadway from four to six lanes and to build an underpass or overpass to separate the tracks from traffic. The final design has yet to be approved but the city said the upgrades should be complete by the end of 2023.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/5348070/e....google.com%2F

https://www.edmonton.ca/projects_pla...-widening.aspx

This is insane..,...such a small project by today's standards, but yet so much hype, ballyhoo and rhetoric over this thing...2 bridges...big deal....election campaign promise forever. Wish the city baited the Liberals with a project much bigger.....

The Federal money is already committed. It was committed when JT was here in May 2018.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4209483/e....google.com%2F

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by maclac View Post
    This is insane..,...such a small project by today's standards, but yet so much hype, ballyhoo and rhetoric over this thing...2 bridges...big deal....election campaign promise forever. Wish the city baited the Liberals with a project much bigger.....
    like a billion dollars for lrt? or upgrading the yellowhead? there's probably some others large and small as well.

my concern with all of them is they are nothing more than governments at all levels just doing what they're supposed to be doing in the first place. they're treating them - and our accepting them - as some kind of beneficial largesse bestowed upon us by their good graces is what moves them from simple governance to political theatre for which we are expected to have to buy enough tickets in order to enjoy.

But if you vote against them, the city becomes a pariah.

Just look at what projects Kenney pulled from Edmonton as retribution.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    The 50 St rail crossing has been an issue for years & has been a bit of a pet project for Sohi.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4121410/e....google.com%2F

Not really surprising the Liberal leader bringing up an issue a local Liberal MP has involvement with.

I still remember that the 50th crossing was an issue when the first IKEA store in Canada opened beside it . That was a long time ago, 35 years?

If Alberta really had the strength of it's convictions, it would refuse to accept all federal monies from the Liberals.

That'll show 'em!

Another day, another Sheer lie.

Scheer’s 'Tax Free' Maternity Leave Election Promise Is Misleading Voters: Experts
    The Tory leader is actually offering a tax credit, and the difference matters.

TORONTO — Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer’s campaign promise that he will make maternity and parental leave benefits “tax free” is misleading, say tax experts.

His party is actually promising a tax refund of 15 per cent, which is substantially different, according to Lindsay Tedds, an economic policy professor at the University of Calgary.

“It’s a dramatic misrepresentation that’s going to lead to some families making decisions based off of inaccurate information,” said Tedds in an interview. “When you say it is tax free, people would rightfully assume they wouldn’t have to pay taxes on their income. That’s not true.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b061b5526a238b

Animals are my passion.

Scheer echoes Trump on immigration.

Reality check: Scheer’s claim about refugees ‘jumping the queue’ is false

In response to criticism from Green Party Leader Elizabeth May, who said Scheer acts “as if people are illegals” when they come to Canada as refugees, Scheer said there is nothing compassionate about making people in refugee camps abroad wait longer by processing the claims of people who show up at Canada’s border first.

“There’s nothing compassionate about forcing people to wait longer who are in refugee camps, in places where there is civil war, where they will be killed if they leave those camps, where they have to wait longer because some people are skipping the line and jumping the queue,” Scheer said.

The problem with this logic is that the two systems to which Scheer referred — one in which people make claims at the border or after arriving in Canada and another in which refugees are “resettled” in Canada after being processed overseas by the United Nations Refugee Agency (UNHCR) — are two completely different systems that have no “direct” or “explicit” links, experts say.

“There is no queue,” said Christina Clark-Kazak, a public affairs professor at the University of Ottawa who specializes in forced migration. “So this is problematic to be using this language because, under international law, people have the right to make an asylum claim.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/5899144/r...pyOrm4Flt2DV50

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

From Theo Fleury's Facebook page last year:

Bold and underline is mine
    Someone just asked me “What did Trudeau and the Liberals do that’s so bad?” I told them: The minister of defense is guilty of public perjury, gross negligence causing a threat to national security and should be in jail. The minister of finance is guilty of inside trading - a 10 year sentence.
    The minister of immigration actively and quietly attempted to remove protections of FGM from the Canadian citizenship guide, which HAD he succeeded would have provided a lawful excuse under current Canadian laws for practitioners of this crime on humanity to never face sentencing or punishment if they performed it here. DOMESTIC TERROR
    THE PRIME MINISTER IS GUILTY OF DOMESTIC TERRORISM AS WELL WHEREAS:
    1/ according to sec 83:01-83:09 of the criminal code of Canada; any political leader in Canada who insights, endorses, supports or forces ANY IDEOLOGY upon the citizens of Canada is guilty of domestic terror.
    2/any citizen who is actively sending money by donation or otherwise to any org that has KNOWN affiliations to terrorists is committing domestic terror
    He blew the Asia Pacific deal. He blew the helicopter deal with the Philippines. He blew the pipeline deal. He blew the deal with China. He blew the deal with Europe. He blew pot legalization. He‘s screwed up immigration. He’s now totally screwed up NAFTA. What more do people need to realize Trudeau is a complete failure at everything he does. Do we need to mention the fiasco at our Southern border?
    -At the G7 he pledged $400 Million to Education around the world along with another $180 Million to the Global Partnership for Education in Europe. None of it is going to fix our messed up school systems here at home. Meanwhile education cost are skyrocketing for our youth making university a mountain to high for many to climb.

-He pledged $241 Million to Family Planning around the world including a $20 Million donation to the Bill and Hillary Clinton Foundation (because they have integrity!). This all happened while he told vets that they were asking too much.

-He pledged $2.65 Billion to climate change at the Commonwealth Leaders Summit and now he is trying to bully the provinces into new taxes to pay for this pledge. -He pledged $300 Million to the Rohingya Refugee crisis while we have a refugee crisis of our own flooding into Quebec that he won't address. -He pledged $125 Million to Caribbean Reconstruction while our own infrastructure in cities is falling apart. -He pledged $650 million to Sexual and Reproductive health in Haiti and around the globe wanting safer abortions for woman while many woman in our own country are left without a family doctor. -He has pledged $50 million to Palestine for flood relief when NB had some of the worst flooding in decades this past spring. -He pledged $840 million to Syria for Humanitarian Assistance when half the native reserves in our country don't have clean drinking water.

-He gave $10.5 Million to a convicted...CONVICTED terrorist in a backroom deal that has lead to another $30.8 Million payed out for three other fellers who say they were wrongfully detained. -And just recently he spent $4.5 Billion on a pipeline, and now the courts have ruled it shut down. Good investment for Canada he said. Replaces Canada’s old F-18s with Australia’s old F-18s. Waves to an empty tarmac when boarding the government plane. Thinks we should thank muslim refugees for moving to Canada. His love of all things Castro and all things Red China. Imposes tough regulations and taxes on oil from Alberta, Saskatchewan and Newfoundland but not oil from Saudi Arabia. Every new project has to undergo strict environmental assessments...except cement plants in Quebec.

Says that a proposed pipeline must consider “the intersection of sex and gender with other identity factors” (what does that even mean???) Thinks older Canadians should be replaced. Chases foreign companies (and their investment capital) out of the country like they have the plague. Chases our WW1 soldiers out of our national anthem... lest we forget. Brings in 10s of thousands of unemployable “refugees”. Tweets out a welcome to 10s of thousands more fake refugees from the US (even gets the RCMP to be their bellhops). All his fake refugees get better healthcare than Canadians do, while they put a strain on all our public services and contribute little. Continuously uses identity politics...then complains about identity politics. Forgot Alberta was a province. Called small business owners “tax cheats” while he sucks at the teat of a family trust fund. Taxes cow farts.

Ask questions about money spent on illegal immigrants and he calls them intolerant racists. We have an equalization program but he gives half of it to one province. Says “diversity is our greatest strength” but his divisiveness tears us apart. Screws up our trade relations with our most important trade partner because he failed to stop Chinese steel from flowing through to the states and he won’t give up supply management which hurts Canadian consumers. $8 million for a skating rink. $4.5 billion for a 65 year old pipeline (and KM uses that money to build a pipeline in Texas) Billions added to the national debt. Kokanee groper. Illegal migrants are just “irregular border crossers”.
    Gets India to invest $250 million in Canada but we have to invest $750 million in India first.
    Compared returning ISIS terrorists to Italian immigrants and says they will be an extraordinary powerful voice for Canada. Lets Terrorists keep their Canadian citizenship.

Thinks Canada is 100 years old instead of 150. Generally making life less affordable for the average Canadian. Gave Canadian taxpayer’s money to the Clinton Foundation. Gave Canadian taxpayer’s money to Hamas. Still gives foreign aid to China????????? Increasing the number of personal pronouns to 50. Outrage over fake racist attacks, says nothing about real terrorist attacks. Spent a little over $1.5 million on the trip to India that did nothing but worsen ties. Plus paid over $17,000 to Vikram Vij, a chef from Vancouver to prepare a meal for a meeting in New Delhi. And the only PM convicted of ethics violations. That’s the short list,, Then I asked “What have they done for Canadians or Canada?”

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Apologies for the bad formating on my part

Your judged by the company you keep

Another day, another Sheer lie.

Scheer’s 'Tax Free' Maternity Leave Election Promise Is Misleading Voters: Experts
    The Tory leader is actually offering a tax credit, and the difference matters.

TORONTO — Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer’s campaign promise that he will make maternity and parental leave benefits “tax free” is misleading, say tax experts.

His party is actually promising a tax refund of 15 per cent, which is substantially different, according to Lindsay Tedds, an economic policy professor at the University of Calgary.

“It’s a dramatic misrepresentation that’s going to lead to some families making decisions based off of inaccurate information,” said Tedds in an interview. “When you say it is tax free, people would rightfully assume they wouldn’t have to pay taxes on their income. That’s not true.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b061b5526a238b
    Many people here in Alberta would pay 20.5% Federal tax on this income and provincial tax of 10%, so after the credit they would actually still pay 15.5% on that income, so much for "tax free". That could end up being a nasty shock at tax if no Federal tax was deducted.

Your tax bracket is based on total taxable income, so the only way it would be tax free for sure is if the maternity (or it parental?) leave benefit was your only income for the year or a significant portion of the year. That might work for someone whose baby was born/or went on leave around the beginning of the year, but as we know babies are born throughout the year.

But if you vote against them, the city becomes a pariah.

Just look at what projects Kenney pulled from Edmonton as retribution.
    Don't worry we have a city full of NDP socialists in government that have the mighty power to just ***** and complain !! wtg Edmonton this city is getting what it deserves gave the votes to the losers
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

Page 43 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445 LastLast