Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021
Results 2,001 to 2,008 of 2008

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    wow, people have got tired of Trudeau, a lot faster than they got tired of Harper.

The share of Canadians who say Mr. Trudeau's government is doing a bad job has jumped to 39 per cent from 33 per cent a year ago and 23 per cent in 2015, according to the annual Mood of Canada survey, conducted in late December.

A year of ethical lapses and the botched rollout of small business tax changes have taken a toll. It is the second consecutive year of falling job approval ratings for Mr. Trudeau in the annual survey, and a sharp deterioration compared with his early postelection ratings honeymoon in 2015.

The share of Canadians who say Mr. Trudeau's Liberals are doing a "very good" or "somewhat good" job has tumbled to 37 per cent in the latest poll, down from 43 per cent in 2016. Mr. Trudeau and his team enjoyed a surge of popularity in the aftermath of their 2015 election win, when 60 per cent of respondents judged the government was doing a good job.

The result is that Mr. Trudeau's positive ratings now match those the former Conservative prime minister had in the 2014 Nanos-IRPP survey.

"It's kind of ironic that the positive evaluations now are comparable to Stephen Harper at the end of his mandate," said pollster Nik Nanos, president of Ottawa-based Nanos Research.
    https://www.theglobeandmail.com/amp/...ticle37601246/

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Because people can see right through Mr phoney!

You risk losing popularity when you fail to deliver on campaign promises.

Just reading today’s Edmonton Sun Letters to the Editor in which the Jan 18’18 edition is a letter from Larry Conway titled “GUNTER’S BANG-ON.” I thought I’d post it here but it’s not publicly available yet.

It mentions Trudeau’s plan to rehabilitate “ISIL operatives” among other criticisms. Unfortunately it seems that this Larry Comeau doesn’t remember the Harper plan to do essentially the same thing as Trudeau. What was it the PCs were going to spend? $80 million. (CORRECTION: I was way off the mark, it was $10 million. See my post a couple down.)

As an aside: Heres a near identically titled letter by the same author but different material below from a few weeks back. Gunter fan club?
    Letters, Dec. 29
    BY POSTMEDIA (ARCHIVED CONTENT)
    ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: DEC 28, 2015

Gunter Bang on

Lorne Gunter: Political correctness may kill us all, literally, The Edmonton Sun, Dec. 27. Huge Kudos to Gunter. In his usual hard hitting style, Mr. Gunter has laid bare the problem caused by political correctness in the fight against radical Islamists groups like ISIS. I give him full marks for having the courage to speak the truth. We currently have leaders in Canada and America who will not even use the term ‘radical Islamists’ out of fear of offending Muslims at large. Unless we have leaders willing to address this problem head on, including singling out what group is posing the risk to world peace, like a cancer it will keep growing, killing more and more people in its path.

Larry Comeau

(Political correctness, when it comes to the war on terrorism, could kill us.)
    Last edited by KC; 18-01-2018 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Corrected my huge $70 million error!!!!

^Tater Tot did say A Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian. H thinks terrorists should get to keep their Canadian Citizenships.
    He also said that 'budgets balance themselves'. Oh how we laughed.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

The PC’s response to potential ISIS sympathizers coming back to Canada:

Stephen Harper pledges $10M to research terrorism, radicalization
    Conservative leader has made security a primary campaign issue
    September 11, 2015

“The Kanishka Project is administered through Public Safety Canada and has funded research by academics both in Canada and abroad. “

“The Tory release said that, in 2014, the government was aware of 80 people who had returned to the country after "engaging in terrorist activities and training" elsewhere in the world. “

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/politics...acks-1.3223995

Liberals replacing Harper Tories’ anti-terror project with new program | Multicultural Meanderings
    “...

The Liberals are calling this a wholly new approach for Canada, but experts say this office may absorb the function of the Kanishka Project.

“In a sense, the new office will be the successor of Kanishka. … There is more continuity than discontinuity,” said Lorne Dawson, a University of Waterloo professor who studies terrorism. The one big difference, he said, is “that there is now a stress on actually doing something in terms of [countering violent extremism].” ...”

https://multiculturalmeanderings.wor...h-new-program/
    Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; 18-01-2018 at 07:26 PM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Spending $10 to research terrorism is WAY different than giving $10 million to a terrorist

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 111718192021