Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast
Results 3,101 to 3,200 of 3290

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    The best thing Canadians did was throw Harper and the CONS out of office. Nothing but sore loser garbage comes from him now.
    i would trade what we're getting from trudeau and moreau for what we got from harper in a heartbeat.

the real losers in what we're getting now from our federal government are the other 36,709,998 Canadians.

Thank God you're in the distinct minority. Perhaps you'd fare better south of the border with their President.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

The best thing Canadians did was throw Harper and the CONS out of office. Nothing but sore loser garbage comes from him now.
    i would trade what we're getting from trudeau and moreau for what we got from harper in a heartbeat.

the real losers in what we're getting now from our federal government are the other 36,709,998 Canadians.

Thank God you're in the distinct minority. Perhaps you'd fare better south of the border with their President.
    that's a pretty uninformed straw man - obviously you're paying no attention to my posts and opinions on the donald.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Name calling always shows that you and the way he performs are not that far apart.

I'd rather C2E than work!

So, if Canada is going down the tubes and the Donald continues his antics down there, where next?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Yeah, we need more of this in Canada </Snark>

I have no difficulty with the recognition of civil unions for non-traditional relationships but I believe in law we should protect the traditional definition of marriage. - Stephen Harper
    Same sex marriage is not a human right. … [U]ndermining the traditional definition of marriage is an assault on multiculturalism and the practices in those communities.And this about the Iraq war. - Stephen Harper
    And about the Iraq war

Canada remains alienated from its allies, shut out of the reconstruction process to some degree, unable to influence events. There is no upside to the position Canada took. - Stephen Harper

We should have been there shoulder to shoulder with our allies. Our concern is the instability of our government as an ally. We are playing again with national and global security matters. - Stephen Harper
    And I think the First Nations would have something to say about this.

Now I know it’s unfashionable to refer to colonialism in anything other than negative terms. And certainly, no part of the world is unscarred by the excesses of empires. But in the Canadian context, the actions of the British Empire were largely benign and occasionally brilliant...This genius for governance shown by the mother country at the time no doubt explains in part why Canada’s path to independence was so long, patient and peaceful. - Stephen Harper
    So let's cut taxes to the bone and get rif of things like public schools and universal healthcare.

We must aim to make Canada a lower tax jurisdiction than the United States. - Stephen Harper
    And remember, if you live in a riding that's represented by a Liberal, you're either Asian or live in a ghetto or both.

You’ve got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society. - Stephen Harper
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 21-11-2018 at 11:17 AM.

i would trade what we're getting from trudteau and Morneau for what we got from Harper in a heartbeat.

Me too! Were so much in debt now, and Morneau is clueless..

https://ottawasun.com/news/national/...5-f0194e08a334

https://globalnews.ca/news/4680747/a...ditor-general/

A pilot on the news last night, was basically saying no to the second hand planes, and that's why we are short of pilots.
    I'm not sure why, we cannot mention the silver spoon fed child, without being told about Trump. Some people are letting Trump live rent free in their heads, over everything..

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    So, if Canada is going down the tubes and the Donald continues his antics down there, where next?
    Were losing more business, that's why they are asking for tax cuts IN Canada.

How can you trust a Finance minister who sells his shares prior to implement a new taxation on investments. How can you trust a Finance Minister who said he would run deficits of just 10 B/year and then it tripled them. How can you trust a Finance Minister who said he would have a balanced budged at the end of the mandate. How can you trust a Financial Minister whose name is in the Panama Papers **and** Paradise papers. How can you trust a Finance minister who broke disclosure laws and fined for it.?

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Were losing more business, that's why they are asking for tax cuts IN Canada.

How can you trust a Finance minister who sells his shares prior to implement a new taxation on investments. How can you trust a Finance Minister who said he would run deficits of just 10 B/year and then it tripled them. How can you trust a Finance Minister who said he would have a balanced budged at the end of the mandate. How can you trust a Financial Minister whose name is in the Panama Papers **and** Paradise papers. How can you trust a Finance minister who broke disclosure laws and fined for it.?

The flip on REITs was a bad one.

Jim Flaherty’s greatest hits (and misses) as Canada’s finance minster – Financial Post

https://business.financialpost.com/n...inance-minster

Broken promises piling up for Harper | The Star
    https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...or_harper.html

Is Harper the worst prime minister in history? | National Observer

“...

Even conservatives can’t point to major achievements. Tom Flanagan says with the exception of some criminal justice reforms, Harper has not delivered on social conservative issues, such as abortion or gay marriage, and didn’t end things like corporate subsidies. Flanagan does point to lowering the tax burden on Canadians as Harper’s biggest accomplishment – in particular the childcare benefit and tax cuts to parents with children. “I felt [the previous tax system] was unfair to parents raising a family,” he says.

On the childcare front, Harper scrapped plans for a national daycare program that Paul Martin had promised. And the childcare benefit and tax cuts don’t come close to covering the cost of daycare for an average parent.

But is Harper the worst prime minister in Canadian history?

Investigative journalist Michael Harris, author of Party of One, the bestseller about Harper’s tenure, believes so. “There is something very Stalinesque about Harper,” remarks Harris. “My bottom line on this guy is, he hates democracy. He doesn’t care about truth and cares only about the perception of what benefits him. In that way he’s way worse [than his predecessors].”

Naturally, assessing Harper’s legacy depends on your own politics: conservatives will ...”

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...nister-history

Last edited by KC; 21-11-2018 at 12:24 PM.

KC, you sound like the feds , yes, they made mistakes they all do Old man Chretien did, Trudeau 1.0 did..but how long can you keep blaming PM Harper?? , when they have been in power for three years, and btw my taxes were not as high as they are now!

Pilots weren't walking away, as they are now, they dont want second hand crap, just like the libs and their subs..

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post

I have no difficulty with the recognition of civil unions for non-traditional relationships but I believe in law we should protect the traditional definition of marriage. - Stephen Harper
    Same sex marriage is not a human right. … [U]ndermining the traditional definition of marriage is an assault on multiculturalism and the practices in those communities.And this about the Iraq war. - Stephen Harper
    And about the Iraq war

Canada remains alienated from its allies, shut out of the reconstruction process to some degree, unable to influence events. There is no upside to the position Canada took. - Stephen Harper

We should have been there shoulder to shoulder with our allies. Our concern is the instability of our government as an ally. We are playing again with national and global security matters. - Stephen Harper

Now I know it’s unfashionable to refer to colonialism in anything other than negative terms. And certainly, no part of the world is unscarred by the excesses of empires. But in the Canadian context, the actions of the British Empire were largely benign and occasionally brilliant...This genius for governance shown by the mother country at the time no doubt explains in part why Canada’s path to independence was so long, patient and peaceful. - Stephen Harper
    So let's cut taxes to the bone and get rif of things like public schools and universal healthcare.

We must aim to make Canada a lower tax jurisdiction than the United States. - Stephen Harper
    And remember, if you live in a riding that's represented by a Liberal, you're either Asian or live in a ghetto or both.

You’ve got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society. - Stephen Harper
    that's enough cherry picking to open up a roadside fruit stand...

at least he never forgot that he owned a chateau in france.

And about the Iraq war

And about the Iraq war

Oh I see. Using actual quotes is "cherry picking". Is that just a step above "fake news"?

And about the Iraq war

Oh I see. Using actual quotes is "cherry picking". Is that just a step above "fake news"?
    I think by definition - yes.

OK, I guess these Harper quotes are all "alternative facts".

"He didn't say that" -

Provides quotes.

"Fake news!", those are just "Alternative facts"! Sad - Stephen Harper supporters

KC, you sound like the feds , yes, they made mistakes they all do Old man Chretien did, Trudeau 1.0 did..but how long can you keep blaming PM Harper?? , when they have been in power for three years, and btw my taxes were not as high as they are now!

Pilots weren't walking away, as they are now, they dont want second hand crap, just like the libs and their subs..
    I’ve voted across all parties but from the 1970s on, the various Conservative party representatives have received most of my votes. Over those decades of watching MLA and MP behaviour I’d be hard pressed to find any real meaningful differences in the members’ abilities or moralities. They just have different perspectives usually coloured and distorted by preconceived notions and ideologies. They’ve all also surprised me by highlighting my own preconceptions, off-colour-lens and distorted ideological beliefs (many of which came from over-simplified, theoretical university teachings but many more from over-simplified media reporting and quoting).

"He didn't say that" -

Provides quotes.

"Fake news!", those are just "Alternative facts"! Sad - Stephen Harper supporters
    You said it. Not me.

One thing though is that I’m near certain that you are capable of selection bias. Seeking out quotes to support your anti-Harper or anti-PC position rather than quotes to realistically present Harper and/or the PCs. (Arguing and debating a view isn’t the same as presenting an objective statement of fact.)

I see direct quotes as sometimes incomplete, sometimes lacking context and sometimes dated where the speakers themselves no longer believe them.

Moreover, anyone in the public eye speaking to different groups ultimately provides all kinds of ammunition to those trying to distort the speaker’s real nature - just as many if not most political speakers themselves are trying to distort people’s perception of their real nature.
    Last edited by KC; 21-11-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Wow three times larger debt load..wow..

In a perfect world I wouldn’t vote for Trudeau either.

Then there is this world.

With Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

"He didn't say that" -

Provides quotes.

You said it. Not me.

One thing though is that I’m near certain that you are capable of selection bias. Seeking out quotes to support your anti-Harper or anti-PC position rather than quotes to realistically present Harper and/or the PCs. (Arguing and debating a view isn’t the same as presenting an objective statement of fact.)

I see direct quotes as sometimes incomplete, sometimes lacking context and sometimes dated where the speakers themselves no longer believe them.

Moreover, anyone in the public eye speaking to different groups ultimately provides all kinds of ammunition to those trying to distort the speaker’s real nature - just as many if not most political speakers themselves are trying to distort people’s perception of their real nature.
    I'm sure Ken could provide quotes to support his belief that Harper would be better than Trudeau. But that wouldn't be cherry picking now, would it? There may be some reasons to vote for Harper or the Conservatives over the other parties but there's also a number of reasons not to. Harper's willingness to simply act as America's lap dog, for one. When America says "Jump", I want someone running Canada who's first response isn't "How high?".

Hmm, Trudeau giving money to the media, now he already has CBC in his back pocket..I consider this a wee bit dangerous.

If the economy is roaring like Liberals advertise and govt revenues are up dramatically, why are the feds raising taxes and increasing debt?
    I wonder how socks will handle a recession

C2E SME

This is a totally false statement based upon misrepresented facts. Canada's debt to GDP ratio has continued to decline under Trudeau. Debt to GDP is far and away the most relevant metric to use in this particular discussion. The other would be debt service costs vs. GDP or tax revenues. That has also continued to decline or at worst stay the same as long term rates have gone up in the last year or two.

It is also important when making this comparison to ensure that it is only Federal government debt, as some websites also toss in provincial debt which skews things. Naturally it is not the federal government that sets provincial budgets.

Conservatives don't like it when you cloud the issue with facts, Marcel.

C2E SME

You have no better relationship with the facts and reality, to be quite honest. You have your own biases and blind spots, as do pretty much everyone, but they do seem particularly large in comparison to most. Although you're in good company with H.L. in that regard.

The difference is I admit to my biases. And, when presented with actual evidence, am quite willing to change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    This is a totally false statement based upon misrepresented facts. Canada's debt to GDP ratio has continued to decline under Trudeau. Debt to GDP is far and away the most relevant metric to use in this particular discussion. The other would be debt service costs vs. GDP or tax revenues. That has also continued to decline or at worst stay the same as long term rates have gone up in the last year or two.

It is also important when making this comparison to ensure that it is only Federal government debt, as some websites also toss in provincial debt which skews things. Naturally it is not the federal government that sets provincial budgets.
    Does he intend on tax and spend forever. There are now huge gaps between urban and rural Canada. How will he handle a recession, Morneau isn't very smart, he forgets things,like a Villa in France..

You continue to back the libbies who have been terrible to AB..just like Trudeau senior. I read comments on CBC, I've never seen such a deep divide, ever..
    Good luck with any investments, I think you're in for a shock..

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

https://business.financialpost.com/o...f6864dpwd56K7k

an interested perspective from gwyn morgan on encana's founding and its leaving...

https://business.financialpost.com/o...f6864dpwd56K7k

an interested perspective from gwyn morgan on encana's founding and its leaving...
    Yes, I read that as well..

Surplus for the first six months of 2018.

Canada posts budget surplus in first six months of 2018/19

TORONTO (Reuters) - Canada posted a budget surplus of C$1.21 billion in the first six months of the 2018-19 fiscal year compared with a C$6.18 billion deficit in the same period a year earlier, the finance ministry said on Wednesday.

Revenues jumped by 8.8 percent in the April-September period, helped by a greater intake from taxes and employment insurance premiums. Program expenses were up 2.8 percent.

In September, Canada ran a budget deficit of C$1.36 billion compared with a deficit of C$3.28 billion a year earlier.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNe...CN1NQ2LI-OCATP

I'm not sure why Trudeau is blaming others for "toxic masculinity", last time I checked he is the one accused of groping a lady, not me.
    So Trudeau is to me a toxic man.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    I'm not sure why Trudeau is blaming others for "toxic masculinity", last time I checked he is the one accused of groping a lady, not me.

Yes. The groper has different rules!

https://www.reddit.com/r/metacanada/..._construction/

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Ha! Good one!

The strategist must not be very old or is new to Alberta:

On the front lines of the equalization wars - Macleans.ca

“An Alberta strategist predicts the federal Liberals will be wiped out in the province in the next election, such is the anger felt there toward the Trudeau government: “Alberta is angry. It is as angry as I have ever seen it,
    and it’s hard for an incumbent party when the population is [this] angry.” (Hill Times)”

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...lization-wars/

KC - no kidding. Liberals are going to be Kim Campbell'ed in the next election.

We had Harper and what did he do?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

^Obeyed his American Masters.

Quote Originally Posted by K364 View Post
    KC - no kidding. Liberals are going to be Kim Campbell'ed in the next election.
    He'll roll out the next shiny bauble. Polls? Look over here, pot edibles
    Transparent girly man..go cross your legs!

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/cana...uest-1.4270477
    In other words, fired!! Good He's known to be a heavy drinker, the two guys captured in China had no chance with the bungling banker in their corner. Thanks to the opposition for putting pressure on JT to fire him!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Noticed this from one of my Facebook friends page:

Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

He's a total ***** imho. Honestly, he has no idea on day to day life imho.!

I can't really defend Trudeau, but if you think Scheer is any different... go do some research.

Justin Trudeau is probably the dumbest Prime Minister we've ever had. Whenever he is not reciting his lines he sounds as dumb as a rock.

That's what happens when people vote for a guy who literally became a political leader because of his father.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Justin Trudeau is probably the dumbest Prime Minister we've ever had. Whenever he is not reciting his lines he sounds as dumb as a rock.

That's what happens when people vote for a guy who literally became a political leader because of his father.

I watch him in QP, but often have to mute him. He's bloody clueless..it's astounding he has gotten anywhere in life..he said he served this country by being a teacher..omg!!..part time drama teacher..needs things written down..

Funny seeing Mroilers comments here after seeing what he defends trump for in the trump thread

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Funny seeing Mroilers comments here after seeing what he defends trump for in the trump thread
    Stop following me to each thread to insult me, you psycho pervert.

C2E Continued Contributor

Hmm looks like someone got triggered. Who knew that if you're logically and morally inconsistent people will call you out on it? It's not following you around, it's the same forum. If you insult one politician for something, and then go out of your way to defend a different politician for doing those same things but worse, people have the right to point out your hypocrisy.

Hmm SNC , another liberal scandal? We'll see..
    Raybould was demoted for a reason

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    If you insult one politician for something, and then go out of your way to defend a different politician for doing those same things but worse, people have the right to point out your hypocrisy.
    So you really think that Donald Trump and Justin Trudeau are exactly the same? And that it's "hypocritical" to criticize one and defend the other?

You just won the award for the single stupidest thing ever posted in these political forums.

Jesus.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 07-02-2019 at 08:12 PM.

Liberal candidate suggests that the United Nations should regulate content on the internet:

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2019/0...et_a_23663901/

Hmm let's see how liberals feel, if the ethics commission is called in **once again** to look into the SNC lavalin affair! Because Jody Wilson-Raybould was definitely demoted, the reason is, why was she. It was very odd when it happened, and JT put his useless BFF into her position. She then wrote that statement, that included truth over power, which makes perfect sense now. JT won't answer questions, he just repeats words written by a lawyer, and Raybould hasn't spoken about it. In QP she looked as ****** off, as the day he demoted her..and if he did demote her, after the way he's been showing off his brand, and it's all about having women in power, it just goes to show what a sham this has been.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/politi ... lence.html

Add to all this the VA Norman affair and the fact Brison just up and quit before going into court( JT and Brison both threw VA Norman under the bus) it seems to me, there is a lot wrong with this federal government right now! It's all starting to unravel... I'm quite enjoying it.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/brison ... -1.4974115

As PM Sunny Ways once said "get the F out of my way"

Liberal candidate suggests that the United Nations should regulate content on the internet:

What???

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Agreed. There's definitely a lot of smoke here including Justin Trudeau's carefully crafted denials.

The Globe and Mail - which broke the story - is using whatever's left of its media bully pulpit to keep torquing it. More concerning is that other national media are now running with the story as well.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/sch...alin-1.5011161

Not sure hiding behind solicitor-client privilege is going to hold up either. Hard to see that communications between the PMO and the Justice Minister and/or officials falls into that category.

What???
    Although I dont support what the liberal canadidate is suggesting, this is certainly better than what the republican party in the states wants to do with the internet and the end of net neutrality, and allow content control to 2-3 major telecoms. Imagine the internet turning into something similar as a cable tv scheme and tier out certain popular websites, and restrict anything else, unless you pay extra!

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    Agreed. There's definitely a lot of smoke here including Justin Trudeau's carefully crafted denials.

The Globe and Mail - which broke the story - is using whatever's left of its media bully pulpit to keep torquing it. More concerning is that other national media are now running with the story as well.

Not sure hiding behind solicitor-client privilege is going to hold up either. Hard to see that communications between the PMO and the Justice Minister and/or officials falls into that category.
    One to watch.

Especially in light of Trudeau’s “rule of law” comments and the very recent changes to Canadian law.

SNC Lavalin Pushes for Deferred Prosecution Agreements in Canada

By Editor Filed in News January 31st, 2017

https://www.corporatecrimereporter.c...nts-in-canada/

Bill quietly introduced in federal budget proposes tool to ease corporate crime penalties

May 15, 2018
    By Andy Blatchford The Canadian Press

“OTTAWA – A federal proposal that would allow prosecutors to suspend criminal charges against companies in certain cases of corporate wrongdoing has been quietly included in the Trudeau government’s 582-page budget legislation.

In fact, its inclusion was so discreet, even one Liberal MP studying the legislation was caught by surprise.

The government intends to move forward with an amendment to the Criminal Code to create an optional tool for prosecutors that’s sometimes referred to as a “deferred prosecution agreement.”...

https://globalnews.ca/news/4208910/f...ime-penalties/

SNC-Lavalin: federal prosecutors won't negotiate a deal, company may appeal
    The Canadian Press

Published Oct. 10, 2018

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/busine...peal-1.4128190
    Last edited by KC; 08-02-2019 at 12:53 PM.

The truth will come out, JT can't hide behind his lawyers forever.. After all, it isn't like the G&M don't have their own lawyers..

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

This train of thought is probably naïve of me and its probably covered under a USMCA agreement but too bad Canada can't stop GM imports into this country. Or can we?

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    This train of thought is probably naïve of me and its probably covered under a USMCA agreement but too bad Canada can't stop GM imports into this country. Or can we?
    GM?

Genetically Modified

or

General Motors (Greedily Modified)

?

The truth will come out, JT can't hide behind his lawyers forever.. After all, it isn't like the G&M don't have their own lawyers..
    Well, lets see - the Prime Minister has already said he or his office didn't direct the Justice Department to do anything and the Engineering Firm actually didn't get any favours granted, so it seems overblown to me. The Conservatives have recently become like yappy little dogs, they seem to bark at anything. Next week will be something else and and this story will probably be forgotten.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Well, lets see - the Prime Minister has already said he or his office didn't direct the Justice Department to do anything and the Engineering Firm actually didn't get any favours granted, so it seems overblown to me. The Conservatives have recently become like yappy little dogs, they seem to bark at anything. Next week will be something else and and this story will probably be forgotten.
    The globe never said he directed anyone, they said his office put pressure on Raybould. All JT did was read the same lawyer jargon at least four times to four questions, why, if he's not guilty, didnt he just answer the questions? This was nothing to do with the Conservatives, but as opposition, they and the NDP have every right to question this, even if the liberals can't handle seeing anyone put pressure on the PM!

This story,much like VA Norman has legs, just wait! I hope you're ready, if not, calm yourself!

I like GM, we knew they would eventually move, because dh's cousin worked for them and saw different things coming down the pipe for the past umpteen years. He said the unions keep asking for more and more, something has to give, and it did.!
    They cannot act like the unions of old, btw these same unions side with the dictator in Venezuela, nice eh?

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...ian-government

The globe never said he directed anyone, they said his office put pressure on Raybould. All JT did was read the same lawyer jargon at least four times to four questions, why, if he's not guilty, didnt he just answer the questions? This was nothing to do with the Conservatives, but as opposition, they and the NDP have every right to question this, even if the liberals can't handle seeing anyone put pressure on the PM!

This story,much like VA Norman has legs, just wait! I hope you're ready, if not, calm yourself!
    Directed seems quite clear, but what is "pressure"? I suppose that is very subjective and up to interpretation. Unless you have ESP, how could you know for sure if someone else felt "pressured". Some people feel uncomfortable if someone looks at them the wrong way and take offense at imaginary slights. Who has even actually said they have been pressured? The whole thing seems rather vague and ambiguous. I suppose if the Conservatives want to make a mountain out of a molehill, its a free country and they can make all sorts of unfounded allegations if they want, particularly in Parliament where they can't be sued for slander or libel.

“ the Engineering Firm actually didn't get any favours granted,”

Isn’t that the whole point behind the controversy?

If you insult one politician for something, and then go out of your way to defend a different politician for doing those same things but worse, people have the right to point out your hypocrisy.
    So you really think that Donald Trump and Justin Trudeau are exactly the same? And that it's "hypocritical" to criticize one and defend the other?

You just won the award for the single stupidest thing ever posted in these political forums.

Jesus.
    What. Obviously not. You criticized Trudeau for saying an out of touch statement, yet you support the most out of touch leader in the world. That is the hypocrisy I was talking about.

What???
    Although I dont support what the liberal canadidate is suggesting, this is certainly better than what the republican party in the states wants to do with the internet and the end of net neutrality, and allow content control to 2-3 major telecoms. Imagine the internet turning into something similar as a cable tv scheme and tier out certain popular websites, and restrict anything else, unless you pay extra!
    More hypocrisy from MrOilers and who he supports.

No, its to see IF the pmo put pressure on Raybould, to get them off lightly. All indications point to him doing so, her saying no, she's then demoted and he's a SOB. Its Quebec, the liberals downfall.
    Anyway I'll wait and see, the demotion was bad enough, given how he travels all over the world shouting women should be in power, and yet at home, like a petulant child, he acts differently.
    You defend him all you want, I never bought into his fake sunny ways. Arrogant little *****

Directed seems quite clear, but what is "pressure"? I suppose that is very subjective and up to interpretation. Unless you have ESP, how could you know for sure if someone else felt "pressured". Some people feel uncomfortable if someone looks at them the wrong way and take offense at imaginary slights. Who has even actually said they have been pressured? The whole thing seems rather vague and ambiguous. I suppose if the Conservatives want to make a mountain out of a molehill, its a free country and they can make all sorts of unfounded allegations if they want, particularly in Parliament where they can't be sued for slander or libel.
    If nothing else works( you must really love this dude) baffle them with bullcrap..lol
    Nice try Dave, maybe read the FULL article in g and m. Plus read about other who have tried to speak to JT and/or Jody..

FYI, Nathan Cullen is NDP and called for the ethics commission. You really have a hard on for the conservatives doing their job, but this isn't the Conservatives, or the usual scapegoat PM Harper! LOL!
    Last edited by H.L.; 08-02-2019 at 02:51 PM.

If nothing else works( you must really love this dude) baffle them with bullcrap..lol
    Nice try Dave, maybe read the FULL article in g and m. Plus read about other who have tried to speak to JT and/or Jody..

FYI, Nathan Cullen is NDP and called for the ethics commission. You really have a hard on for the conservatives doing their job, but this isn't the Conservatives, or the usual scapegoat PM Harper! LOL!
    You must mean former PM Harper. Wasn't there a scandal about someone in the PM's office (when Harper was PM) about trying to bribe a senator with $90,000 or something like that, which apparently Harper said he knew nothing about. Now there is a good example of real wrong doing in the PM's office, as opposed to an imaginary or perceived pressure alleged by some unknown person.

So you're okay with talking about PM Harper, but JT can do know wrong. He certainly isn't transparent. Murray Rankin NDP lawyer is talking, Rayboulds silence speaks volume!!!!!!

The people of Canada including some liberals want to know the truth. You keep your head in that sand Dave..

What???
    There is a metric shipt ton of hypocrisy here. But this is C2E after all. I'd expect nothing less. Just look at HelloLady in this thread alone.

I don't understand this statement" Jody Wilson-Raybould says she's bound by 'solicitor-client privilege" who is her client, she is an elected official which means to me, she is a Government Employee and not a practicing Lawyer, and as such should be required to answer any and all questions asked of her on this matter...its very strange.

If JT has nothing to hide, I guess he will waive client/lawyer privilege ?

You learn something new every day. After reading this about the role of the Attorney General, I better understand Wilson-Raybould's point about solicitor-client privilege:

Regarding the attorney general's function as solicitor to the Crown, any communication between the office of the attorney general and other offices of government is privileged under the solicitor-client privilege at common law.

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....torney-general
    That said, a criminal defence lawyer had this to say:
    But at least one criminal defence lawyer was questioning Wilson-Raybould's privilege argument Friday, saying Prime Minister Justin Trudeau could easily waive it and allow his former justice minister to speak freely and truthfully on the matter.

"The easiest way out of this is just for the prime minister to say, 'Look Jody, there's some serious questions here and just tell the truth about our conversations and waive the privilege,'" Ottawa-based criminal lawyer Michael Spratt said in an interview.

"This is a very serious allegation and, if it never happened, there's good rationale for quickly dispelling ... that notion."

Even if she's bound by solicitor-client privilege, Spratt said he doesn't believe she would be barred from denying the contents of a news story. "If it's so ludicrous, so fanciful, I don't think there's anything that stops her from saying 'That's not true,'" he said.

So you're okay with talking about PM Harper, but JT can do know wrong. He certainly isn't transparent. Murray Rankin NDP lawyer is talking, Rayboulds silence speaks volume!!!!!!

The people of Canada including some liberals want to know the truth. You keep your head in that sand Dave..
    I don't dwell on the former PM ... but seeing as he was brought up. The truth is no law was broken here and SNC got no favour. However, I suppose the opposition can act all outraged and demand an investigation anyways if they want.

What???
    Uh... I don't support censorship. Never have. And I don't support giving authority to unelected global governments like the EU. Never have.

How is that hypocritical?

Sounds like you just hate me because I don't agree with your politics.

No, its to see IF the pmo put pressure on Raybould, to get them off lightly. All indications point to him doing so, her saying no, she's then demoted and he's a SOB. Its Quebec, the liberals downfall.
    Anyway I'll wait and see, the demotion was bad enough, given how he travels all over the world shouting women should be in power, and yet at home, like a petulant child, he acts differently.
    You defend him all you want, I never bought into his fake sunny ways. Arrogant little *****
    What are you talking about saying “No”?

The controversy is that “ the Engineering Firm actually didn't get any favours granted” ...and consequently she was demoted. What’s the difference? (Why Dave above just spewed the party line was beyond me.)

Also where does “You defend him all you want” come from? You should know by now that I pretty much feel that a good portion of politicians, their lackeys, campaign supporters and loyal party members are pretty much scum of the earth people lacking the mental capacity to be reasonable and objective.

I'm amused by a liberal friend, who thinks Jody has JT by the [email protected]

I don't dwell on the former PM ... but seeing as he was brought up. The truth is no law was broken here and SNC got no favour. However, I suppose the opposition can act all outraged and demand an investigation anyways if they want.

Yawn Dave, yawn. You sure do dwell on the past, every chance you get..LOL

I don't understand this statement" Jody Wilson-Raybould says she's bound by 'solicitor-client privilege" who is her client, she is an elected official which means to me, she is a Government Employee and not a practicing Lawyer, and as such should be required to answer any and all questions asked of her on this matter...its very strange.

If JT has nothing to hide, I guess he will waive client/lawyer privilege ?

You must mean former PM Harper. Wasn't there a scandal about someone in the PM's office (when Harper was PM) about trying to bribe a senator with $90,000 or something like that, which apparently Harper said he knew nothing about. Now there is a good example of real wrong doing in the PM's office, as opposed to an imaginary or perceived pressure alleged by some unknown person.
    Wow. Beyond the first news article on the issue, nothing is actually publicly known about any actual interference or lack of it, yet you side with the PM and his suspicious sounding weasel words. Why?

https://jwilson-raybould.liberal.ca/...ver-granville/

Hmm, yup she was ****** and she still is..better give her a better position soon JT

The same Conservatives that saw nothing wrong with Mulroney accepting piles of cash in brown paper bags.

A strategy to push back against the accusations of political interference has clearly begun:

Canada's former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould was involved in government discussions last fall about whether engineering firm SNC-Lavalin should be allowed to avoid criminal prosecution, and the talks were perfectly legal, government officials have told The Canadian Press.

The officials said the government would have been remiss not to deliberate over the fate of the Quebec giant, given that a prosecution could bankrupt the company, putting thousands of Canadians out of work.

They spoke on condition their names not be used. CBC News has not independently verified the claims.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jod...-say-1.5012849

The same Conservatives that saw nothing wrong with Mulroney accepting piles of cash in brown paper bags.
    Support that with some facts please. Otherwise it’s just old anti-Conservative propaganda (now called fake news).

Brian Mulroney acted inappropriately in accepting cash, inquiry finds | The Star
    By LES WHITTINGTON RICHARD J. BRENNAN OTTAWA BUREAU
    Mon., May 31, 2010

“Oliphant noted that Mulroney accepted “cash-stuffed envelopes from Mr. Schreiber on three separate occasions,” did not make a record of the payments, did not deposit the money in a bank or disclose the payments when given an opportunity to do so later. The judge said that this “goes a long way” to “supporting my position that the financial dealings between Mr. Schreiber and Mr. Mulroney were inappropriate.”

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...iry_finds.html

Unbelievable
    Six years later, Mulroney has yet to give us a convincing account of his deal with Schreiber. Can we really leave it at that?
    Jun 04, 2009 Andrew Coyne

That may explain why he did not tell anyone about it in 1995, or at any time from then until 2003, when the story of his dealings with Schreiber first broke. It doesn’t explain why he was acting so furtively in 1993—dealing in cash, keeping no records, not declaring the income, not even telling his own accountant. At that time, no one knew about Schreiber, or the $20 million in secret commissions he’d been paid by Airbus to deliver a $1.8-billion sale of 34 aircraft to Air Canada. By Mulroney’s own account, he knew Schreiber then only as a respectable businessman. So why the cloak-and-dagger act at that time?
    ...”

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/unbelievable/

Last edited by KC; 09-02-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Harper hired Mulroney as a consultant after the allegations came out and Harper's justice department decided not to reopen the case.

Brian Mulroney, Karlheinz Schreiber Case Chronology

November 2003 – Media reports say that Schreiber had hired Mulroney and paid him $300,000 cash in three payments spread over 18 months, starting in 1993.

May 2004 – Ontario Superior Court orders Schreiber extradited to Germany to face charges of tax evasion, bribery and fraud.

October 2004 – Author William Kaplan writes that Schreiber was summoned to the prime minister’s summer residence at Harrington Lake in June 1993, then the two met again not long afterward in a Montreal hotel where Schreiber handed Mulroney an envelope stuffed with $100,000; book says the rest of the $300,000 Mulroney received from Schreiber came always in cash and always in hotels.

January 2006 – Conservatives under Stephen Harper win minority government; Mulroney subsequently retained as adviser to Harper; Marjory LeBreton, longtime Tory and Mulroney’s intimately trusted gatekeeper and appointments secretary from 1987 to 1993, named government leader in the Senate.

February 2006 – Justice Department considers reopening the Mulroney settlement in light of conflicting accounts about his dealings with Schreiber; subsequently says it “considers the file closed.”

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2007/11/...se-chronology/

C2E Posting Power

A strategy to push back against the accusations of political interference has clearly begun:

Canada's former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould was involved in government discussions last fall about whether engineering firm SNC-Lavalin should be allowed to avoid criminal prosecution, and the talks were perfectly legal, government officials have told The Canadian Press.

The officials said the government would have been remiss not to deliberate over the fate of the Quebec giant, given that a prosecution could bankrupt the company, putting thousands of Canadians out of work.

They spoke on condition their names not be used. CBC News has not independently verified the claims.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/jod...-say-1.5012849
    Here is another perspective on this story from the Toronto Star.

https://www.thestar.com/politics/fed...-politics.html

Canada is consistently listed as on e of the peats corrupt countries in the world not the UK not the USA. Let’s keep it that way with no get out of jail bribes.
    https://www.theweek.co.uk/91824/the-...s-in-the-world
    Last edited by Glenco; 09-02-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    “Canada is the only country in the world that knows how to live without an identity,”-Marshall McLuhan

I'd still love to know why she was demoted!!!!

Our assumptions are probably true, Trudeau wanted something for his friends at SNC Lavalin, she refused.
    We won't know for sure until an investigation starts

C2E SME

There's a lot of smoke here. Raybould's resignation makes it pretty clear that she was indeed pressured by the PMO. If that happened, her resistance is what led to her demotion in cabinet, then this whole thing stinks to high heaven. I'm not partisan in the slightest and for the most part thought Trudeau was doing an okay job, save for the occasional ridiculous dress-up party. But if the allegations being made are even somewhat true, then Trudeau (or more likely Telford/Butts) has a lot of explaining to do.

This is the kind of scandal that can result in Canada's first single term majority government in history.

Scheer's statements about his meeting with SNC-Lavalin executives is so transparently false that it is laughable...

This has Butts all over it, crooked [email protected] How dare they demote her, for not going along with the boys club!

More phony outrage from Hello Lady.

Adscam, now lavscam.

Nathan Cullen is outraged! Good, because nobody cares about Singh.

JT and Brison threw this guy under the bus..

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/mar...rust-1.5016422

Why does Justin keep changing his story?

I'd still love to know why she was demoted!!!!
    Because she was a horrid justice member that tabled poorly constructed legislation that wasn’t vetted enough and likely won’t uphold when tested against the constitution.

I strongly suggest you listen to this weeks Oppo podcast or read any number of critiques written about how she bungled assisted death and the changes to roadside testing for dui’s.

Here is one for unstance.

https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.thestar.com/amp/opinion/contributors/2019/01/16/wilson-rayboulds-regrettable-legacy-as-justice-minister.html

The criticism of her is bipartisan.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 12-02-2019 at 10:30 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I don't think Trudeau cared about her qualifications but more about her as being an indigenous woman because he wanted a gender/racial balanced cabinet. I know that sounds misogynistic of him. This whole scandal, the longer it lasts is going to shed negative light on Trudeau and Scheer. If anything its entertaining.

I don't think Trudeau cared about her qualifications but more about her as being an indigenous woman because he wanted a gender/racial balanced cabinet. I know that sounds misogynistic of him. This whole scandal, the longer it lasts is going to shed negative light on Trudeau and Scheer. If anything its entertaining.
    What a sexest statement to make, it makes you sound like the asshat not our PM. She is an extremely well educated person who worked hard to get where she did. No one succeeds at everything however... she had very had issues to deal with, hard choices to make. I agree with the criticism that she didn’t make the necessary hard stances or took poor paths that simply will result in years of court battles.
    Last edited by edmonton daily photo; 12-02-2019 at 10:42 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Of JT not me. Your overreacting. I totally agree with you about her.

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast