Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132
Results 3,101 to 3,132 of 3132

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    The best thing Canadians did was throw Harper and the CONS out of office. Nothing but sore loser garbage comes from him now.
    i would trade what we're getting from trudeau and moreau for what we got from harper in a heartbeat.

the real losers in what we're getting now from our federal government are the other 36,709,998 Canadians.

Thank God you're in the distinct minority. Perhaps you'd fare better south of the border with their President.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

The best thing Canadians did was throw Harper and the CONS out of office. Nothing but sore loser garbage comes from him now.
    i would trade what we're getting from trudeau and moreau for what we got from harper in a heartbeat.

the real losers in what we're getting now from our federal government are the other 36,709,998 Canadians.

Thank God you're in the distinct minority. Perhaps you'd fare better south of the border with their President.
    that's a pretty uninformed straw man - obviously you're paying no attention to my posts and opinions on the donald.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Name calling always shows that you and the way he performs are not that far apart.

I'd rather C2E than work!

So, if Canada is going down the tubes and the Donald continues his antics down there, where next?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Yeah, we need more of this in Canada </Snark>

I have no difficulty with the recognition of civil unions for non-traditional relationships but I believe in law we should protect the traditional definition of marriage. - Stephen Harper
    Same sex marriage is not a human right. … [U]ndermining the traditional definition of marriage is an assault on multiculturalism and the practices in those communities.And this about the Iraq war. - Stephen Harper
    And about the Iraq war

Canada remains alienated from its allies, shut out of the reconstruction process to some degree, unable to influence events. There is no upside to the position Canada took. - Stephen Harper

We should have been there shoulder to shoulder with our allies. Our concern is the instability of our government as an ally. We are playing again with national and global security matters. - Stephen Harper
    And I think the First Nations would have something to say about this.

Now I know it’s unfashionable to refer to colonialism in anything other than negative terms. And certainly, no part of the world is unscarred by the excesses of empires. But in the Canadian context, the actions of the British Empire were largely benign and occasionally brilliant...This genius for governance shown by the mother country at the time no doubt explains in part why Canada’s path to independence was so long, patient and peaceful. - Stephen Harper
    So let's cut taxes to the bone and get rif of things like public schools and universal healthcare.

We must aim to make Canada a lower tax jurisdiction than the United States. - Stephen Harper
    And remember, if you live in a riding that's represented by a Liberal, you're either Asian or live in a ghetto or both.

You’ve got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society. - Stephen Harper
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 21-11-2018 at 11:17 AM.

i would trade what we're getting from trudteau and Morneau for what we got from Harper in a heartbeat.

Me too! Were so much in debt now, and Morneau is clueless..

https://ottawasun.com/news/national/...5-f0194e08a334

https://globalnews.ca/news/4680747/a...ditor-general/

A pilot on the news last night, was basically saying no to the second hand planes, and that's why we are short of pilots.
    I'm not sure why, we cannot mention the silver spoon fed child, without being told about Trump. Some people are letting Trump live rent free in their heads, over everything..

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    So, if Canada is going down the tubes and the Donald continues his antics down there, where next?
    Were losing more business, that's why they are asking for tax cuts IN Canada.

How can you trust a Finance minister who sells his shares prior to implement a new taxation on investments. How can you trust a Finance Minister who said he would run deficits of just 10 B/year and then it tripled them. How can you trust a Finance Minister who said he would have a balanced budged at the end of the mandate. How can you trust a Financial Minister whose name is in the Panama Papers **and** Paradise papers. How can you trust a Finance minister who broke disclosure laws and fined for it.?

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Were losing more business, that's why they are asking for tax cuts IN Canada.

How can you trust a Finance minister who sells his shares prior to implement a new taxation on investments. How can you trust a Finance Minister who said he would run deficits of just 10 B/year and then it tripled them. How can you trust a Finance Minister who said he would have a balanced budged at the end of the mandate. How can you trust a Financial Minister whose name is in the Panama Papers **and** Paradise papers. How can you trust a Finance minister who broke disclosure laws and fined for it.?

The flip on REITs was a bad one.

Jim Flaherty’s greatest hits (and misses) as Canada’s finance minster – Financial Post

https://business.financialpost.com/n...inance-minster

Broken promises piling up for Harper | The Star
    https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...or_harper.html

Is Harper the worst prime minister in history? | National Observer

“...

Even conservatives can’t point to major achievements. Tom Flanagan says with the exception of some criminal justice reforms, Harper has not delivered on social conservative issues, such as abortion or gay marriage, and didn’t end things like corporate subsidies. Flanagan does point to lowering the tax burden on Canadians as Harper’s biggest accomplishment – in particular the childcare benefit and tax cuts to parents with children. “I felt [the previous tax system] was unfair to parents raising a family,” he says.

On the childcare front, Harper scrapped plans for a national daycare program that Paul Martin had promised. And the childcare benefit and tax cuts don’t come close to covering the cost of daycare for an average parent.

But is Harper the worst prime minister in Canadian history?

Investigative journalist Michael Harris, author of Party of One, the bestseller about Harper’s tenure, believes so. “There is something very Stalinesque about Harper,” remarks Harris. “My bottom line on this guy is, he hates democracy. He doesn’t care about truth and cares only about the perception of what benefits him. In that way he’s way worse [than his predecessors].”

Naturally, assessing Harper’s legacy depends on your own politics: conservatives will ...”

https://www.nationalobserver.com/201...nister-history

Last edited by KC; 21-11-2018 at 12:24 PM.

KC, you sound like the feds , yes, they made mistakes they all do Old man Chretien did, Trudeau 1.0 did..but how long can you keep blaming PM Harper?? , when they have been in power for three years, and btw my taxes were not as high as they are now!

Pilots weren't walking away, as they are now, they dont want second hand crap, just like the libs and their subs..

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post

I have no difficulty with the recognition of civil unions for non-traditional relationships but I believe in law we should protect the traditional definition of marriage. - Stephen Harper
    Same sex marriage is not a human right. … [U]ndermining the traditional definition of marriage is an assault on multiculturalism and the practices in those communities.And this about the Iraq war. - Stephen Harper
    And about the Iraq war

Canada remains alienated from its allies, shut out of the reconstruction process to some degree, unable to influence events. There is no upside to the position Canada took. - Stephen Harper

We should have been there shoulder to shoulder with our allies. Our concern is the instability of our government as an ally. We are playing again with national and global security matters. - Stephen Harper

Now I know it’s unfashionable to refer to colonialism in anything other than negative terms. And certainly, no part of the world is unscarred by the excesses of empires. But in the Canadian context, the actions of the British Empire were largely benign and occasionally brilliant...This genius for governance shown by the mother country at the time no doubt explains in part why Canada’s path to independence was so long, patient and peaceful. - Stephen Harper
    So let's cut taxes to the bone and get rif of things like public schools and universal healthcare.

We must aim to make Canada a lower tax jurisdiction than the United States. - Stephen Harper
    And remember, if you live in a riding that's represented by a Liberal, you're either Asian or live in a ghetto or both.

You’ve got to remember that west of Winnipeg the ridings the Liberals hold are dominated by people who are either recent Asian immigrants or recent migrants from eastern Canada: people who live in ghettoes and who are not integrated into western Canadian society. - Stephen Harper
    that's enough cherry picking to open up a roadside fruit stand...

at least he never forgot that he owned a chateau in france.

And about the Iraq war

And about the Iraq war

Oh I see. Using actual quotes is "cherry picking". Is that just a step above "fake news"?

And about the Iraq war

Oh I see. Using actual quotes is "cherry picking". Is that just a step above "fake news"?
    I think by definition - yes.

OK, I guess these Harper quotes are all "alternative facts".

"He didn't say that" -

Provides quotes.

"Fake news!", those are just "Alternative facts"! Sad - Stephen Harper supporters

KC, you sound like the feds , yes, they made mistakes they all do Old man Chretien did, Trudeau 1.0 did..but how long can you keep blaming PM Harper?? , when they have been in power for three years, and btw my taxes were not as high as they are now!

Pilots weren't walking away, as they are now, they dont want second hand crap, just like the libs and their subs..
    I’ve voted across all parties but from the 1970s on, the various Conservative party representatives have received most of my votes. Over those decades of watching MLA and MP behaviour I’d be hard pressed to find any real meaningful differences in the members’ abilities or moralities. They just have different perspectives usually coloured and distorted by preconceived notions and ideologies. They’ve all also surprised me by highlighting my own preconceptions, off-colour-lens and distorted ideological beliefs (many of which came from over-simplified, theoretical university teachings but many more from over-simplified media reporting and quoting).

"He didn't say that" -

Provides quotes.

"Fake news!", those are just "Alternative facts"! Sad - Stephen Harper supporters
    You said it. Not me.

One thing though is that I’m near certain that you are capable of selection bias. Seeking out quotes to support your anti-Harper or anti-PC position rather than quotes to realistically present Harper and/or the PCs. (Arguing and debating a view isn’t the same as presenting an objective statement of fact.)

I see direct quotes as sometimes incomplete, sometimes lacking context and sometimes dated where the speakers themselves no longer believe them.

Moreover, anyone in the public eye speaking to different groups ultimately provides all kinds of ammunition to those trying to distort the speaker’s real nature - just as many if not most political speakers themselves are trying to distort people’s perception of their real nature.
    Last edited by KC; 21-11-2018 at 03:24 PM.

Wow three times larger debt load..wow..

In a perfect world I wouldn’t vote for Trudeau either.

Then there is this world.

With Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

"He didn't say that" -

Provides quotes.

You said it. Not me.

One thing though is that I’m near certain that you are capable of selection bias. Seeking out quotes to support your anti-Harper or anti-PC position rather than quotes to realistically present Harper and/or the PCs. (Arguing and debating a view isn’t the same as presenting an objective statement of fact.)

I see direct quotes as sometimes incomplete, sometimes lacking context and sometimes dated where the speakers themselves no longer believe them.

Moreover, anyone in the public eye speaking to different groups ultimately provides all kinds of ammunition to those trying to distort the speaker’s real nature - just as many if not most political speakers themselves are trying to distort people’s perception of their real nature.
    I'm sure Ken could provide quotes to support his belief that Harper would be better than Trudeau. But that wouldn't be cherry picking now, would it? There may be some reasons to vote for Harper or the Conservatives over the other parties but there's also a number of reasons not to. Harper's willingness to simply act as America's lap dog, for one. When America says "Jump", I want someone running Canada who's first response isn't "How high?".

Hmm, Trudeau giving money to the media, now he already has CBC in his back pocket..I consider this a wee bit dangerous.

If the economy is roaring like Liberals advertise and govt revenues are up dramatically, why are the feds raising taxes and increasing debt?
    I wonder how socks will handle a recession

C2E SME

This is a totally false statement based upon misrepresented facts. Canada's debt to GDP ratio has continued to decline under Trudeau. Debt to GDP is far and away the most relevant metric to use in this particular discussion. The other would be debt service costs vs. GDP or tax revenues. That has also continued to decline or at worst stay the same as long term rates have gone up in the last year or two.

It is also important when making this comparison to ensure that it is only Federal government debt, as some websites also toss in provincial debt which skews things. Naturally it is not the federal government that sets provincial budgets.

Conservatives don't like it when you cloud the issue with facts, Marcel.

C2E SME

You have no better relationship with the facts and reality, to be quite honest. You have your own biases and blind spots, as do pretty much everyone, but they do seem particularly large in comparison to most. Although you're in good company with H.L. in that regard.

The difference is I admit to my biases. And, when presented with actual evidence, am quite willing to change my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    This is a totally false statement based upon misrepresented facts. Canada's debt to GDP ratio has continued to decline under Trudeau. Debt to GDP is far and away the most relevant metric to use in this particular discussion. The other would be debt service costs vs. GDP or tax revenues. That has also continued to decline or at worst stay the same as long term rates have gone up in the last year or two.

It is also important when making this comparison to ensure that it is only Federal government debt, as some websites also toss in provincial debt which skews things. Naturally it is not the federal government that sets provincial budgets.
    Does he intend on tax and spend forever. There are now huge gaps between urban and rural Canada. How will he handle a recession, Morneau isn't very smart, he forgets things,like a Villa in France..

You continue to back the libbies who have been terrible to AB..just like Trudeau senior. I read comments on CBC, I've never seen such a deep divide, ever..
    Good luck with any investments, I think you're in for a shock..

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

https://business.financialpost.com/o...f6864dpwd56K7k

an interested perspective from gwyn morgan on encana's founding and its leaving...

https://business.financialpost.com/o...f6864dpwd56K7k

an interested perspective from gwyn morgan on encana's founding and its leaving...
    Yes, I read that as well..

Surplus for the first six months of 2018.

Canada posts budget surplus in first six months of 2018/19

TORONTO (Reuters) - Canada posted a budget surplus of C$1.21 billion in the first six months of the 2018-19 fiscal year compared with a C$6.18 billion deficit in the same period a year earlier, the finance ministry said on Wednesday.

Revenues jumped by 8.8 percent in the April-September period, helped by a greater intake from taxes and employment insurance premiums. Program expenses were up 2.8 percent.

In September, Canada ran a budget deficit of C$1.36 billion compared with a deficit of C$3.28 billion a year earlier.

https://ca.reuters.com/article/topNe...CN1NQ2LI-OCATP

I'm not sure why Trudeau is blaming others for "toxic masculinity", last time I checked he is the one accused of groping a lady, not me.
    So Trudeau is to me a toxic man.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    I'm not sure why Trudeau is blaming others for "toxic masculinity", last time I checked he is the one accused of groping a lady, not me.

Yes. The groper has different rules!

https://www.reddit.com/r/metacanada/..._construction/

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Ha! Good one!

Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132