Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546
Results 4,501 to 4,538 of 4538

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Snail View Post
    The disease that divided our US cousins is filtering through here too: our hatred of the other side of political spectrum trumps any logic, common sense or principle.

If Trudeau stands in the middle of the Bay Street and shoots someone in the bright daylight....

(as long as he apologizes )
    Pretty much, yes. Unethically, blackface, you name it.. He can say and do pretty much anything, and liberals will still vote for him.
    Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Pretty much, yes. Unethically, blackface, you name it.. He can say and do pretty much anything, and liberals will still vote for him.
    Pot. Kettle. Black.

Your lack of self-awareness & double helping of hypocrisy never stop being hilarious.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    3. it's no more patently the case with the conservative party than it is with the liberal party who also allow free votes on social issues/matters of conscience. the liberal platform in 2015 actually said it would make free votes in the house of commons standard practice albeit with some exceptions. the differences between the two parties on the matter of free votes and exceptions to free votes is pretty much the same. as far as i know, the ndp and the greens do not have a standing policy on free votes.
    For members of the Liberal Caucus, all votes will be free votes with theexception of:
    • those that implement the Liberal electoral platform;
    • traditional confidence matters, like the budget; and
    • those that address our shared values and the protections guaranteed bythe Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
    That's the 2015 Liberal platform taken from https://www.liberal.ca/wp-content/up...ddle-class.pdf & it's that last bolded-by-me point that's at the crux of the difference between the Conservatives & Liberals. Liberals would not be permitted a free vote when it comes to female body autonomy, Conservatives would be free to hide behind "sincerely held beliefs" to justify bigotry & the erosion of the rights of half of all Canadians.
    i surrender.

that is how the respective policies read and that does leave the potential for some conservative mp's to vote as you suggest or imply they will all vote.

ergo even those conservatives who are elected who would not vote that way and anyone who might consider voting for conservatives who would not vote that way are also intolerant bigots.

and it's nice to know that there are no bigots in any of the other parties because no mp's from other parties will have the opportunity to cast free votes in the same fashion. until their sincerely held beliefs have them cross the floor or sit as independents so as not to vote against their conscience.

although it's less nice to know that recognizing the above and considering voting conservative on a much wider range of issues than just this one apparently makes me an intolerant bigot. who knew.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

i surrender.

that is how the respective policies read and that does leave the potential for some conservative mp's to vote as you suggest or imply they will all vote.
    If the Conservatives didn't want to seem like the party of social regressives they could adopt the same policy.

ergo even those conservatives who are elected who would not vote that way and anyone who might consider voting for conservatives who would not vote that way are also intolerant bigots.
    All it would take to get the wind outta my sails is the same commitment to not let personal beliefs influence Charter-impacting votes. But they don't want to do that, as it'll alienate their socially regressive/conservative base.

and it's nice to know that there are no bigots in any of the other parties because no mp's from other parties will have the opportunity to cast free votes in the same fashion.

until their sincerely held beliefs have them cross the floor or sit as independents so as not to vote against their conscience.
    There very well could be all manner of bigots in the non-conservative parties & MPs are free to leave their party after being elected. If their sincerely held beliefs are that important to them, so be it. But at least the Liberal party has said they know personal values/beliefs are not always synonymous with Canadian values/beliefs writ large & have taken even the most rudimentary steps to prevent the conflation of these two sets of values, which seems a bridge too far for the Conservatives.

although it's less nice to know that recognizing the above and considering voting conservative on a much wider range of issues than just this one apparently makes me an intolerant bigot. who knew.
    You're not a bigot, at least so far as I know of you. You seem to be willing to throw your lot in with bigots to suit your own ends, which is no better in outcome, but different.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Your lack of self-awareness & double helping of hypocrisy never stop being hilarious.
    I love it when I'm right and the ugly left( you) prove I'm right

Did you say black? You missed a something, blackface!!!
    Animals are my passion.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I thought I was on ignore?

And I reiterate:

Your lack of self-awareness & double helping of hypocrisy never stop being hilarious. I know I'm not the only poster here who gets a hearty chuckle at your expense every time you open your maw to let whatever rudimentary thought your cognitively dissonant brain has manage to congeal drip onto the thread. Never stop being a perfect encapsulation of the sort of Albertan that everyone else in Canada mocks. It helps me to know I'm headed in the right direction when you're in the opposite direction & fading fast.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

You're not a bigot, at least so far as I know of you. You seem to be willing to throw your lot in with bigots to suit your own ends, which is no better in outcome, but different.
    you're not a bigot either, at least so far as i know of you.

but you seem willing to throw your lot in with demonstrated bigots to suit your own ends simply because they profess not to be what they are, which is also no better in outcome, but different.

but you seem willing to throw your lot in with demonstrated bigots to suit your own ends simply because they profess not to be what they are, which is also no better in outcome, but different.
    Projection & a fallacious appeal to hypocrisy. Nice!

I would rather cast my vote for parties that want to move the country forward & may stumble than parties that will regress the nation with perfect lockstep precision, heads held high in flawless execution.

Yes free votes are messy. Representative democracy is messy.

Lockstep precision usually requires authoritarian party command and control.

The disease that divided our US cousins is filtering through here too: our hatred of the other side of political spectrum trumps any logic, common sense or principle.

If Trudeau stands in the middle of the Bay Street and shoots someone in the bright daylight....

Choose a party, turn the confirmation bias filter to max.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Projection & a fallacious appeal to hypocrisy. Nice!

I would rather cast my vote for parties that want to move the country forward & may stumble than parties that will regress the nation with perfect lockstep precision, heads held high in flawless execution.
    emphasis added...

nice?

nicer than willful blindness.

have a good weekend noodle.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Choose a party, turn the confirmation bias filter to max.
    It has become a problem for functioning democracy. The political center is hallowed out. There are not many swing, undecided voters left. We all vote for our team, no matter what.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

I thought I was on ignore?

And I reiterate:

Your lack of self-awareness & double helping of hypocrisy never stop being hilarious. I know I'm not the only poster here who gets a hearty chuckle at your expense every time you open your maw to let whatever rudimentary thought your cognitively dissonant brain has manage to congeal drip onto the thread. Never stop being a perfect encapsulation of the sort of Albertan that everyone else in Canada mocks. It helps me to know I'm headed in the right direction when you're in the opposite direction & fading fast.
    I look now and then, Your lack of self-awareness & double helping of hypocrisy never stop being hilarious. No matter what thread, you pretend to be all knowing, and a few posters and I, laugh at you. Noodle brain, boff one off, you may just make sense.
    Animals are my passion.

'I was extremely disappointed': Jody Wilson-Raybould responds to Trudeau brownface controversy
    Alex Migdal - CBC News
    Posted: September 19, 2019

Excerpts:
    “...
    "But I will say I'm incredibly proud to be an Indigenous person in this country, one that has experienced racism and discrimination. It's completely unacceptable for anybody in a position of authority and power to do something like that."

“"It's the act of racism as well as the fact it's been hidden all these years. Those are concerning things. The position of prime minister is a position of high esteem and we expect the very best of our leaders."”

“May noted that the Liberal leader quickly apologized for the brownface incident, but has yet to apologize to Wilson-Raybould after Canada's ethics commissioner found Trudeau inappropriately tried to influence Wilson-Raybould when she was attorney general. ”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...onse-1.5289322

Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    As opposed to his first apology, the one today was definitely more fulsome. Instead of making it about himself, he took responsibility for his actions and acknowledged the hurt they caused to many Canadians who face racism and discrimination.

This has a good chance of blowing over if there are no more revelations. I understand not telling anyone about serious past indiscretions (perhaps not even your spouse) because of shame and embarrassment if Trudeau is being truthful on this point.
    Give me a break. He's apologizing now only because he was outed. He's in the public eye. If he thinks stuff like this would be stuffed under the cushions till eternity, he's a naive buffoon.

Seems like Junior is doing a whole lot of apologizing since he's been in power, and could probably do a lot more (Mark Norman is still waiting). Members of his own party, indigenous peoples, women, terrorists.

emphasis added...

nice?

nicer than willful blindness.

have a good weekend noodle.
    I completely acknowledge that individual Liberal politicians (including their leader) have made more than their fair share of missteps, mistakes & errors in implementing a relatively inclusive platform. And that they may not fully been called to task over these issues.

I also acknowledge that the actions of the individuals do not invalidate the premise & goals of the party platform. The hypocrisy of Liberal politicians has no logical impact on the validity & goals of their platform. Nor does it validate the inherently divisive Conservative platform.

Am I wilfully blind? Maybe from your perspective. But from my perspective you're another conservative voter who thinks just because they vote conservative based on classist economic policies versus regressive social issues that you're not part of the problem, when you & the bigot behind you mark the same X for the same person on the same ballot.

I won't actually know who I'm voting for until election day, as I may need to vote based on simple math versus a more complicated & nuanced calculus.

I look now and then, Your lack of self-awareness & double helping of hypocrisy never stop being hilarious. No matter what thread, you pretend to be all knowing, and a few posters and I, laugh at you. Noodle brain, boff one off, you may just make sense.
    You're like a parrot, only without the charm & feathers. All you can do is repeat what you've heard others say to you, or whatever you've managed to retain from the information bubble you live in. Not an original thought in that rotten boomer head of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Seems like Junior is doing a whole lot of apologizing since he's been in power, and could probably do a lot more (Mark Norman is still waiting). Members of his own party, indigenous peoples, women, terrorists.
    He doesn't need to, the sheep follow him, whatever he does( like Trump supporters)
    Animals are my passion.

'I was extremely disappointed': Jody Wilson-Raybould responds to Trudeau brownface controversy
    Alex Migdal - CBC News
    Posted: September 19, 2019

Excerpts:
    “...
    "But I will say I'm incredibly proud to be an Indigenous person in this country, one that has experienced racism and discrimination. It's completely unacceptable for anybody in a position of authority and power to do something like that."

“"It's the act of racism as well as the fact it's been hidden all these years. Those are concerning things. The position of prime minister is a position of high esteem and we expect the very best of our leaders."”

“May noted that the Liberal leader quickly apologized for the brownface incident, but has yet to apologize to Wilson-Raybould after Canada's ethics commissioner found Trudeau inappropriately tried to influence Wilson-Raybould when she was attorney general. ”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/briti...onse-1.5289322

Bolding mine
    She's the one that should lead the liberals..! She's very smart, and ethical.
    Animals are my passion.

But people who vote Conservative no matter what? Those people are the real big brained free thinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post
    As opposed to his first apology, the one today was definitely more fulsome. Instead of making it about himself, he took responsibility for his actions and acknowledged the hurt they caused to many Canadians who face racism and discrimination.

This has a good chance of blowing over if there are no more revelations. I understand not telling anyone about serious past indiscretions (perhaps not even your spouse) because of shame and embarrassment if Trudeau is being truthful on this point.
    Give me a break. He's apologizing now only because he was outed. He's in the public eye. If he thinks stuff like this would be stuffed under the cushions till eternity, he's a naive buffoon.
    Liberal denial of Trudeau buying drinks for Faith Goldy not adding up - The Post Millennial

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/li...not-adding-up/

How Faith Goldy became the most dangerous woman not on the campaign trail | National Post

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...campaign-trail

The response:

Conservative candidate falsely accused of racism by "celebrity" puppet - The Post Millennial

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/co...ebrity-puppet/

The response:

Conservative candidate falsely accused of racism by "celebrity" puppet - The Post Millennial

... and now not just sock puppets, unless the sock puppet also just got a job writing for the Victoria News

https://www.vicnews.com/federal-elec...-in-blackface/

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    The response:

... and now not just sock puppets, unless the sock puppet also just got a job writing for the Victoria News

Photos “surfaced”. Spin doctoring.

https://www.vicnews.com/federal-elec...-in-blackface/
    OMG: Cultural appropriation AND sootface:

Dick Van Dyke sorry for 'atrocious cockney accent' in Mary Poppins | Dick Van Dyke | The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...poppins-disney

The 'Black Pete' Christmas character is dividing a country

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/n...te-piet-dutch/
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 06:27 PM.

I would ask you to look from 10000 ft....

It’s not like we are so woke. I mean we still have the tiki room at Disney. I love love love the tiki room but it is full stereotypes. Women in night clubs are loose. Satirical accents all set to the music of aboriginal people.

Just cause it’s delivers via animated bird doesn’t make it any better.

Racist thoughts exist and we have proof because it continues to find a way into our cultural expressions.

So yesterday, he didn't know why he was dressed as blackface# 3, with his arms and legs that colour, Now he recalls, he was a raft guide, and they all dressed up. How strange.
    Animals are my passion.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ Sadly, this will all be forgotten by the weekend. The photo's were released too late. If they were released the day before the election, bye, bye Trudork.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

'The Liberals are lying': Woman says she was with Trudeau and Faith Goldy when they had drinks
    BY JOSEPH BREAN
    ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: SEP 20, 2019

https://nationalpost.com/news/anothe...au-drinks-case

NP View: Trudeau’s racist acts mean Liberals must decide what they stand for – National Post

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...they-stand-for

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    I would ask you to look from 10000 ft....

It’s not like we are so woke. I mean we still have the tiki room at Disney. I love love love the tiki room but it is full stereotypes. Women in night clubs are loose. Satirical accents all set to the music of aboriginal people.

Just cause it’s delivers via animated bird doesn’t make it any better.

Racist thoughts exist and we have proof because it continues to find a way into our cultural expressions.
    Watch the video:

Christie Blatchford: Trudeau will get away with blackface because he's a Liberal

Christie Blatchford on Trudeau's blackface scandal: 'He's going to get away with it, mark my words'
    BY CHRISTIE BLATCHFORD
    ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: SEP 20, 2019

https://nationalpost.com/opinion/chr...-mark-my-words

https://youtu.be/TedbvW0-j-Y

Last edited by KC; Today at 06:30 AM.

The Conservatives Said Trudeau Had Drinks With Faith Goldy & Got Fact Checked (VIDEO)
    https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/just...t-by-canadians

The screenshot had originally been shared by Goldy herself. She wrote, "Only one federal leader has bought me drinks at Ottawa's Château Laurier. Any guesses?" The CPC then wrote in their own tweet, "Fact check this one for us. @LPCPressBox."

Faith Goldy, who mounted an unsuccessful campaign in Toronto's mayoral election, has been suspended from Facebook for spreading extremist views and hate speech. She was also fired from The Rebel for her coverage of the 2017 Unite the Right rally in the United States.

The screenshot came from a 2012 Sun News video posted to Youtube in which Faith Goldy (while she still worked for the outlet) tries to interview Justin Trudeau. However, Trudeau does not engage with Goldy and instead continues to walk and talk to someone else.
    Meanwhile, Andrew Scheer did not share drinks but went straight to Faith Goldy's boudoir and consummated their relationship.

A bit about Rebel Media

from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rebel_Media

The Rebel Media is a Canadian far-right political and social commentary media website. It was founded in February 2015 by former Sun News Network personalities Ezra Levant and Brian Lilley. It has been described as a "global platform" for the anti-Muslim ideology known as counter-jihad.

The Rebel Media broadcasts its content on the Rebel Media website and its YouTube channel, which previously peaked on 16 August 2017, at 873,800 subscribers, however with the August departures, it had fallen to a minimum of 842,200 as of 31 August. In September–October 2017 the channel resumed its growth. On 25 June 2019, it had over 1.2 million subscribers.[11]

The Rebel Media, often cast as Canada's version of Breitbart News, has been described as being part of the alt-right movement, although it rejected the term after the Charlottesville rally.

Former Sun News reporter Faith Goldy joined the outlet after launch. The Rebel Media fired Faith Goldy for her prominent coverage of the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, and her interview with The Daily Stormer. A co-founder and two freelancers resigned in protest of the coverage. Gavin McInnes, founder of the far-right neo-fascist organization Proud Boys, is also a contributor. McInnes left the site in 2017, and rejoined the site in 2019.[
    Faith Goldy, a former journalist and online show host of the Rebel, was fired on 17 August 2017, for her participation in a podcast associated with The Daily Stormer. In the course of reporting on the 2017 Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, Goldy argued that they suggested a wider "rising white racial consciousness" in America and characterizing a manifesto by white supremacist Richard Spencer that called for organizing states along racial lines as "robust" and "well thought-out."

Gavin McInnes left the Rebel at the end of August 2017. Levant wrote “We tried to keep him, but he was lured away by a major competitor that we just couldn’t outbid" in an email to the independent news site Canadaland. In February 2019, after suing the Southern Poverty Law Center for allegedly damaging his reputation and career prospect by characterizing the Proud Boys as a hate group, McInnes announced that he is once again hired by the media group.
    Way to go Scheer! Thanks for hanging around alt-right, white supremacist media outlets and their contributors.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

September 20, 2019 - Graeme MacKay,The Hamilton Spectator

September 17, 2019 - Graeme MacKay,The Hamilton Spectator

September 21, 2019 - Graeme MacKay , The Hamilton Spectator

How true
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

So who are you voting for?
    1) independent
    2) NDP
    3) Green

For Edmontonians with Edmontonian issues:

Take your pick: a voter's guide to central, northern Alberta federal candidates

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...ties-1.5278635
    Last edited by KC; Today at 08:32 AM.

1) independent
    2) NDP
    3) Green
    4) PC
    5) Lib
    6) none are worthy of my vote

I would say that #6 would get a landslide victory in this election.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    ^ Sadly, this will all be forgotten by the weekend. The photo's were released too late. If they were released the day before the election, bye, bye Trudork.
    The comedians of color sure had a ball. Good evening and yes, I'm Justin Trudeau. His brand is broken it really is. He's an embarrassment, and as I said up thread, his UN seat ( after kissing their @sses) is gone.

If nothing else shows up, he might be okay, but there are only so many times he can say sorry, for getting caught.
    Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    1) independent
    2) NDP
    3) Green
    4) PC
    5) Lib
    6) none are worthy of my vote

I would say that #6 would get a landslide victory in this election.
    And your vote will go to?
    Last edited by KC; Today at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    The comedians of color sure had a ball. Good evening and yes, I'm Justin Trudeau. His brand is broken it really is. He's an embarrassment, and as I said up thread, his UN seat ( after kissing their @sses) is gone.

If nothing else shows up, he might be okay, but there are only so many times he can say sorry, for getting caught.

Exactly. If this latest embarrassment was a one off, there might not be the concern there is now. But it seems to be one thing after another with this clown. He clearly is not who they thought he was, or he said he was.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546