Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849
Results 4,801 to 4,895 of 4895

Thread: Liberals And Trudeau - Performance Review!

Scheer should be replaced if he doesn't win this election. The Liberals and Justin are vulnerable as hell right now.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Scheer should be replaced if he doesn't win this election. The Liberals and Justin are vulnerable as hell right now.
    according to the conservative constitution:

"At the first national convention following a federal general election when the Party does not form the government and the Leader has not indicated, prior to the commencement of the national convention, an irrevocable intention to resign, the delegates will vote by secret ballot if they wish to engage the leadership selection process.

following harper's resignation, scheer was elected leader on the 13th ballot with 50.95% of the vote. he was second on the first ballot with 21.82% of the vote. of the 14 names on the first ballot,none of them were really heavyweight party favourites. it was almost as if the heavweights were conceding the next (the current) election to trudeau based on his popularity at the time and didn't want to lead the party into defeat, thinking instead they would run - and win - the next time at the both the party and the national level. it's as if not even the conservatives thought that trudeau could self-destruct as quickly and as far as he has. that would have made scheer the sacrificial lamb, selected because maxime berniere was unpalatable even as an interim standard bearer.

in hindsight, you have to wonder how many of the potentially strong candidates who decided not to run now regret their choice.

"If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

I'd rather C2E than work!

Don't worry, Oily, your boy's a dead fish. The cons could hardly find a goofier bugger than Scheer.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

It's going to be a minority government there are quite a few people who voted for blackface, that aren't going to this time.That wont last, then, another election
    Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoneman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    I'm not saying that it's right or wrong. Just that it's been done before and it's a LEADERS debate. He's the leader of a party that has official status in the House of Commons. Like it or not, he fits the chosen criteria.

How did you feel about Jason Kenney making separatist comments? Is he a hypocrite for now travelling across the country for a national party?
    Is separatism part of the UPC's platform? And based on this article, Kenny doesn't need to say much of anything about separatism considering what is at stake in this election.

https://edmontonsun.com/opinion/colu...-this-election

And we're not debating as to whether it fits the chosen criteria. We're advocating that the criteria should be changed/adjusted. You seem to be fine with it though.
    I'm not sponsoring the debates so my feelings on whether it's right or wrong are irrelevant. If there's a media group that wants to sponsor a debate and not invite the BQ, go for it.

The debates are pretty much irrelevant and have been for years. What we get is party leaders talking over each other, not answering questions and simply spouting their party platform without explaining why they think it's a good one.

Personally, if I was sponsoring a debate I'd implement the following rules.

1 - Only parties that currently hold 10% of the seats in the House would be represented. As there are 338 seats, any party with 34 members would be invited. This election, that would bean the Liberals, the CPC and the NDP. (In the 1997 election, the leaders would have been the Liberals, the Bloc and Reform. The NDP had 9 seats and the PCs had 2).

2 - Each of the leaders would be in a soundproof box on the stage. They would be able to hear what the other leaders and the moderators say through speakers but their microphones would be off until it's their turn to speak.

3 - When it's their turn, their microphone would be turned on and a countdown timer would be displayed for them to see. When the timer runs out, their microphones would be turned off.

At least that way, you'd be able to hear what they have to say and, since they know their time is strictly controlled, they would hopefully say something of substance.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    It's going to be a minority government there are quite a few people who voted for blackface, that aren't going to this time.That wont last, then, another election
    Much of the economy has been very strong and for quite a long time. (Crashing oil prices helped.) We’re also skirting a lot of potential conflict with the US. Low interest rates everywhere are bailing out incumbents and their massive deficit spending ways so for now things are pretty decent for most people. So I’d say Trudeau and the Liberals are not very vulnerable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Much of the economy has been very strong and for quite a long time. (Crashing oil prices helped.) We’re also skirting a lot of potential conflict with the US. Low interest rates everywhere are bailing out incumbents and their massive deficit spending ways so for now things are pretty decent for most people. So I’d say Trudeau and the Liberals are not very vulnerable at all.
    You need to watch global national, and see/hear what the people in Milton Ontario think of the Libs. Da bloom is off the rose.. That's just one riding, but they don't like the way he treats people..
    Animals are my passion.

You need to watch global national, and see/hear what the people in Milton Ontario think of the Libs. Da bloom is off the rose.. That's just one riding, but they don't like the way he treats people..
    What do you mean? Two Plane Trudeau treats flight crews very well - by hiring two sets of them.

And based on this article, Kenny doesn't need to say much of anything about separatism considering what is at stake in this election.
    Haha. Three fatal blunders in this:

• Graham Hicks is a hack writer.
    • An opinion column is inherently biased.
    • PostMedia & the UCP have a symbiotic, circular human centipede type relationship. They feed off of each other's BS in a self-contained loop.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

You need to watch Global National, aka, Right-wing biased news, to see/hear what very select few people in Milton Ontario think of the Liberals.
    ftfy...

And people suuuuuuure love Doug Ford in that province. Doug Ford is helping the liberals win a majority in a few weeks. And why the Truck is Kenney out in Ontario campaigning for the feds while clocking hours as premier? Does this man have no ethics? (No need to answer, we know, we know.)
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

So one province gets two debates in its main language, and the rest of Canada gets just one.

This is what Albertan separatists have been saying, that there is a disproportionate bias towards Quebec in this country, and large regions of the nation (and not just Alberta) are getting completely ignored.

Nothing makes me laugh harder than the notion of Alberta Separatism.

"We don't like the current state of affairs so we're gonna make everything even worse! You'll be sorry when we shoot ourselves in the face just to own the lefties!"
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Crying in your Corn Flakes this morning MrOilers?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

So one province gets two debates in its main language, and the rest of Canada gets just one.

This is what Albertan separatists have been saying, that there is a disproportionate bias towards Quebec in this country, and large regions of the nation (and not just Alberta) are getting completely ignored.
    Sort of like how your comments spur a disproportionate share of debates.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post

"We don't like the current state of affairs so we're gonna make everything even worse! You'll be sorry when we shoot ourselves in the face just to own the lefties!"
    Only the ***** fanatics expect that alberta would actually separate. The value is in the **** disturbance.

Maybe if Alberta actually voted for someone else besides conservatives every election, there would actually be a need to try and build support in Alberta, but the conservatives know they will win most seats here without doing much, and the liberals/NDP know they don't have a chance, so they don't bother.
    A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    He doesn't want debates, he wants soundbites he can use out of context. His vote in this election was decided decades ago, there's nothing else for him to get out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Maybe if Alberta actually voted for someone else besides conservatives every election, there would actually be a need to try and build support in Alberta, but the conservatives know they will win most seats here without doing much, and the liberals/NDP know they don't have a chance, so they don't bother.

Alberta votes mainly conservative because the Liberals (and most other parties) ignore Alberta's interests no matter what. It's the same reason Quebec votes Bloc and BC votes NDP.

Liberals are an Ontario-centric party, so they vote Liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    What?

Alberta votes mainly conservative because the Liberals (and most other parties) ignore Alberta's interests no matter what.

Liberals are an Ontario-centric party.
    oh please... you're just sour grapes because greta touched you somewhere.

Maybe if Alberta actually voted for someone else besides conservatives every election, there would actually be a need to try and build support in Alberta
    Yep. We get what we deserve.

"Hey the conservatives aren't doing anything for us in Alberta... what should we do"

"I don't know, let's try voting for them again"

"Hey the conservatives aren't doing anything for us still in Alberta... what should we do"

"Hey the conservatives aren't doing anything for us still in Alberta... what should we do"

The horrible quality of the one English debate should be enough for everyone to demand a do-over. Man oh man. French Canada gets 2 of them. Why not English Canada?

September 12 & October 7 : English
    October 2 & October 10: French

Bold dates are for the official Leaders' Debate Commission debates. The others are privately/independently organized.

Why does English Canada not organize as many debates as Quebec? That's the real question.

C2E Continued Contributor

Alberta votes mainly conservative because the Liberals (and most other parties) ignore Alberta's interests no matter what. It's the same reason Quebec votes Bloc and BC votes NDP.
    Wait so Quebec votes for the Bloc because they're the only ones who don't ignore Quebec? but I thought
    "This is what Albertan separatists have been saying, that there is a disproportionate bias towards Quebec in this country, "

Please try to avoid contradicting yourself within consecutive posts.
    Last edited by seamusmcduffs; 11-10-2019 at 11:03 AM.

The dude is a walking contradicting... you shouldn't expect less.

The horrible quality of the one English debate should be enough for everyone to demand a do-over. Man oh man. French Canada gets 2 of them. Why not English Canada?
    We had three English debates scheduled, JT was too chicken ***** to show up.When he did, he looked like a mortician..stupid guy. Btw Sophie has been nowhere in sight during this election, is she just finding out , about the real JT, or are they just seeing things differently..lol
    Animals are my passion.

The French debate was a better format, still too many of them. The moderation was better, wth did we need people like Susan Delacourt from the red star for, she's newspaper, not TV..terrible.
    They just said on CBC, no winner, no real losers either, although at one point Bernier had an aussie accent..
    Animals are my passion.

Paradoxically the rise of the Bloc at the expense of the Conservatives in Quebec is actually increasing the probability of a Conservative victory come election day. All of the anti-Bloc conservative Albertans should reconsider their enmity.

https://www.macleans.ca/politics/ott...ity-territory/

Quote Originally Posted by OffWhyte View Post
    Paradoxically the rise of the Bloc at the expense of the Conservatives in Quebec is actually increasing the probability of a Conservative victory come election day. All of the anti-Bloc conservative Albertans should reconsider their enmity.

So I should be pro Bloc, so Conservatives could get elected, not happening/
    Animals are my passion.

We had three English debates scheduled, JT was too chicken ***** to show up.When he did, he looked like a mortician..stupid guy. Btw Sophie has been nowhere in sight during this election, is she just finding out , about the real JT, or are they just seeing things differently..lol
    So you agree that Andrew Scheer was also too chicken **** to show up?

Climate change debate cancelled after Conservatives refuse to join

https://globalnews.ca/news/6018804/c...ate-cancelled/

MSN yah that's a reliable source.
    If Scheer loses then it's likely they'll vote to replace him

Liberals thought it was so important they send some random MP, not even the Environment Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by trick91 View Post

Liberals thought it was so important they send some random MP, not even the Environment Minister.
    They pulled McKenna from the debate, whataboutismn again.
    Animals are my passion.

That would be pretty specious grounds wouldn't it? Not sure why you think Cons would support the Bloc just because it might favor them. Although I could see that kind of opportunism to use anything in the left spectrum.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I have to wonder if you'd say any of this kind of thing in person, in one on one or accountable discussion.

Its whattaboutism all day with you.

Trudeau, the acting Prime Minister, who has some obligation to attend, has missed multiple English language national debates, has attended only one, but has attended two Francophone *National debates as if this country is majorly Francophone (and seemingly run by Quebec interests), instead of English speaking as a plurality.

You would ignore that any day of the week while calling Scheer chicken ****. Trudeau wasn't scheduled to show either.

You're a troll. simply a troll.
    Last edited by Replacement; 12-10-2019 at 09:55 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post

That would be pretty specious grounds wouldn't it? Not sure why you think Cons would support the Bloc just because it might favor them. Although I could see that kind of opportunism to use anything in the left spectrum.
    Do you really think conservatives and Conservatives would not be happy to be delivered a victory October 21 courtesy of the Bloc? Do you really think Scheer would refuse to form a minority government if he's reliant on the Bloc holding the balance of power? Think back to 2006 with the Harper minority government.

And based on this article, Kenny doesn't need to say much of anything about separatism considering what is at stake in this election.

• PostMedia & the UCP have a symbiotic, circular human centipede type relationship. They feed off of each other's BS in a self-contained loop.

Never said that it wasn't an opinion based column. I'm sure if it was one of your chosen left wingnuts writings, that a Pulitzer prize should be delivered. All it does throw out a scenario out there, as far fetched as it may seem today.
    But, yes, let's have some of the opinionated rubbish you post.
    Last edited by Stoneman; 12-10-2019 at 10:18 AM.

I have to wonder if you'd say any of this kind of thing in person, in one on one or accountable discussion.

Trudeau, the acting Prime Minister, who has some obligation to attend, has missed multiple English language national debates, has attended only one, but has attended two Francophone *National debates as if this country is majorly Francophone (and seemingly run by Quebec interests), instead of English speaking as a plurality.

You would ignore that any day of the week while calling Scheer chicken ****. Trudeau wasn't scheduled to show either.

Yes, this is very true.
    Animals are my passion.

Never said that it wasn't an opinion based column. But it does throw out a scenario out there, as far fetched as it may seem today.
    No different than some of the opinionated rubbish you post.
    True, very true.
    Animals are my passion.

Rex Murphy has a great article on it, specifically that, wrongly, so many other areas of the country are not selected for a debate, only Quebec and the centre of the universe area.

Do you really think conservatives and Conservatives would not be happy to be delivered a victory October 21 courtesy of the Bloc? Do you really think Scheer would refuse to form a minority government if he's reliant on the Bloc holding the balance of power? Think back to 2006 with the Harper minority government.
    This is what you stated and what I replied to;

"All of the anti-Bloc conservative Albertans should reconsider their enmity."

I'm not partisan, or enough, that my view can just absolve what I consider is wrong, and support it just out of convenience, conscience be damned. Indeed if people were less partisan, and willing to look at issues and concerns in actuality, and not through political filtered lenses the country might be a better, and less divisive and polarized place.

As a supporter of the federation of Canada supporting the bloc would be antithetical. For me at least.
    Last edited by Replacement; 12-10-2019 at 10:21 AM.

Rex Murphy has a great article on it, specifically that, wrongly, so many other areas of the country are not selected for a debate, only Quebec and the centre of the universe area.
    Always loved Rex Murphy. One of the tell it like it is members of the press left standing. Cagey vet who will take no sides and take no prisoners.

Absolutely agree. There is enough ammo out there that the Fibs should be getting crushed.

Always loved Rex Murphy. One of the tell it like it is members of the press left standing. Cagey vet who will take no sides and take no prisoners.
    I'm sure there will be some on here, that, if he doesn't line up with their idealogical thinking in an article, that they will label him an over the hill hack.

I'm not partisan, or enough, that my view can just absolve what I consider is wrong, and support it just out of convenience, conscience be damned. Indeed if people were less partisan, and willing to look at issues and concerns in actuality, and not through political filtered lenses the country might be a better, and less divisive and polarized place.

As a supporter of the federation of Canada supporting the bloc would be antithetical. For me at least.
    Well what I was responding to was your assertion that only parties on the left would avail themselves of an opportunity to cling onto power provided to them by the Bloc. An assertion which is easily proven false by the Harper Government happily receiving the support of the Bloc to get their budget passed.

There is nothing stopping any group from holding a debate in Alberta. Whether the leaders would show up is up to them but then you'll never know until you try. You wouldn't even have to invite the Bloc (or the NDP or Greens or PPC for that matter). Much easier for Alberta to sit back and say everyone is ignoring us instead of actually doing something about it. Make it about Alberta issues such as transfer payments, O&G, etc.

I was simply using the language of H.L. and was wondering if she would hold the Cons to the same standard. I notice that you had no problem with that.

Well what I was responding to was your assertion that only parties on the left would avail themselves of an opportunity to cling onto power provided to them by the Bloc. An assertion which is easily proven false by the Harper Government happily receiving the support of the Bloc to get their budget passed.
    Yet as we all know its the liberals that will slide into bed with any party convenient to maintaining minority govts. In the case of a liberal minority govt they form willing coalition every time, regardless of opposing views. When do the Cons do that.
    Last edited by Replacement; 12-10-2019 at 02:39 PM.

Looks like Singh, could be stealing votes from the liberals , this comes as no surprise, this guy is smart, very charismatic, not the fake kind either* cough JT * cough*, and I can see why left leaning voters, would park their votes with him, rather than the one trick phoney, I mean pony , May.

She needs to step aside and let someone else lead , and not creepy thief, Sven Robinson, who is chomping at the bit to be in the limelight again
    Animals are my passion.

I was simply using the language of H.L. and was wondering if she would hold the Cons to the same standard. I notice that you had no problem with that.
    HL is textbook partisan. But you are too. You are not interested in discussion, in rebuttal, in seeing any countering information. You would defend anything the liberal govt does and have. You are the bot of political discussion. Spamming obfuscation at every corner.

not a fan of Singh's policies, but he was one of the only ones i could stand in the English debate.

Looks like Singh, could be stealing votes from the liberals , this comes as no surprise, this guy is smart, very charismatic, not the fake kind either* cough JT * cough*, and I can see why left leaning voters, would park their votes with him, rather than the one trick phoney, I mean pony , May.

She needs to step aside and let someone else lead , and not creepy thief, Sven Robinson, who is chomping at the bit to be in the limelight again
    As you say about Singh: “this comes as no surprise, this guy is smart, very charismatic, not the fake kind either”

And so stealing from the Conservatives too. Just as when the Provincial NDP were elected, it seemed that a lot of Albertans who would normally vote Conservative, instead went to the NDP. I could see the same happening Federally. Many people are getting extremely tired of politics as usual with minimally competent leader choices, and so are throwing things into flux by voting outside of their routine.
    Last edited by KC; 12-10-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quoting the Buffalo Chronicle again???

You know what a buffalo does. Buffalo Shitz

They are a far right extremist propaganda site with no journalistic integrity. You are propagating lies and fake news.

It would be like you to source BS
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

HL is textbook partisan. But you are too. You are not interested in discussion, in rebuttal, in seeing any countering information. You would defend anything the liberal govt does and have. You are the bot of political discussion. Spamming obfuscation at every corner.
    Not in the least. I spoke out against Trudeau in the SNC affair and agreed that he should face charges if criminal wrongdoing was found.

I believe that individual members of parties should face consequences when they cross the line, either legally or morally, such as when they speak out against human rights in favour of imposing their religious views for one example.

The fact that I usually oppose the Conservatives (and their little brother the PPC) says more about their policies.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    There's something going on, that blackface had to go to the Times, and this appears in a buffalo paper
    Snopes says unproven, I say bullcrap..lol
    Of course lefties will have a zillion excuses
    Animals are my passion.

Not in the least. I spoke out against Trudeau in the SNC affair and agreed that he should face charges if criminal wrongdoing was found.

I believe that individual members of parties should face consequences when they cross the line, either legally or morally, such as when they speak out against human rights in favour of imposing their religious views for one example.

The fact that I usually oppose the Conservatives (and their little brother the PPC) says more about their policies.
    Or it speaks to the extent of your ideological/religious rigidity.

Quote Originally Posted by trick91 View Post
    not a fan of Singh's policies, but he was one of the only ones i could stand in the English debate.
    Yes. I guess he was my eye candy for the night, it's not like we could hear anyone
    I just didn't know Harper was running again, poor JT
    Animals are my passion.

As you say about Singh: “this comes as no surprise, this guy is smart, very charismatic, not the fake kind either”

And so stealing from the Conservatives too. Just as when the Provincial NDP were elected, it seemed that a lot of Albertans who would normally vote Conservative, instead went to the NDP. I could see the same happening Federally. Many people are getting extremely tired of politics as usual with minimally competent leader choices, and so are throwing things into flux by voting outside of their routine.
    I somehow cant buy that KC . If you're a conservative, no way do Singhs policies, align with yours
    Animals are my passion.

Or it speaks to the extent of your ideological/religious rigidity.
    Ues, it speaks to my rigidity because I don't think that it's right that Scheer compares same sex marriage to a dog. Or that he lies about immigration. Or claims that the RCMP commissioner said they were investigating Trudeau, something the RCMP slapped down pretty quickly. Or that Scheer is pulling the same plays in regards to refugees crossing the border as the Cheeto Mussolini. Or any of the other numerous lies that Scheer comes up with that his supporters either cheer or claim they haven't heard of.

Can people have the courtesy to trim their posts????

Actually it makes sense on an economic level.
    https://business.financialpost.com/o...in-big-trouble

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post

Yes it actually does. I suspect the people that thought the NDP would win again, and they lost by a massive number, are the same people, that are in for another shock.
    Animals are my passion.

Until you realize that instead of attempting to convince our own country to let us run pipelines t the coast, we'll have to convince other countries to do so.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Trudeau wears bulletproof vest after security threat delays campaign rally
    Tactical officers surrounded Liberal leader as he addressed Mississauga, Ont., crowd

His appearance at a crowded rally of about 2,000 supporters in Mississauga, Ont., on Saturday evening was delayed by 90 minutes and featured a much heavier security detail around Trudeau once the Liberal leader took the stage.

Uniformed tactical officers wearing heavy backpacks surrounded the Liberal leader as he addressed the crowd. His wife, Sophie Grégoire Trudeau, was initially supposed to introduce him but did not appear on stage.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/tru...ally-1.5319730

^ Exactly. I would have assumed that the leader of this country would wear some sort of portective vests most of the time.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Until you realize that instead of attempting to convince our own country to let us run pipelines t the coast, we'll have to convince other countries to do so.
    yes, that's what needs to be realized.

we can continue to discuss the menu while not being allowed to sit at the table (the status quo in our own country) or we can negotiate at the table as equals, country to country.

are the potential gains for the entire country as a result of separation worth the potential costs for the entire country? it is more and more looking like it may well be even though at the end of the day the decision is likely to be one of emotional and not economics or practicality (given the status quo is uneconomical and not terribly practical for much of the country, not just alberta).

Yeah, let BC deal with the effects of oil spills while Alberta sits back and makes money on it. That's what Confederation is all about.

Bitumen spills are unlike any other sort due to bitumen sinking and dilutent floating. You can kill off huge swaths of seabeds with a spill.

Maybe Alberta should be required to put the estimated cost of a worst case scenario spill into an escrow account as a condition of letting the pipeline through.

The Kalamazoo Enbridge spill cost over $1 billion to clean up, and there's still oil to be found. And that was in a river which helped contain the spread, at least laterally if not downstream.

Let's call it $2 billion. And then Alberta can go after the company (whoever buys it from the feds) to recover the clean up costs. That would go a ways towards alleviating fears of a spill in BC, letting them know that the cash would be available for clean up day one and that it would essentially be free of litigation. After all, if Alberta insists that it's safe, shouldn't we put our money where our mouths are?

Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
    ^ Exactly. I would have assumed that the leader of this country would wear some sort of protective vests most of the time.

PM Harper and Mayor Nenshi both had death threats, I would of called off the rally, because if the nutter was there, all those people who don't have a vest, were targets..jmho

Even our council has had death threats..
    Animals are my passion.

Cancelling would be a way of encouraging more threats. As they say, it would be letting the terrorists win. Security checked the crowd and felt it was safe to continue with additional measures in place.

Andrew Schher cancelled an appearance in Cambridge a few weeks ago because there were a dozen student protesters with signs.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Yeah, let BC deal with the effects of oil spills while Alberta sits back and makes money on it. That's what Confederation is all about.

Bitumen spills are unlike any other sort due to bitumen sinking and dilutent floating. You can kill off huge swaths of seabeds with a spill.

Maybe Alberta should be required to put the estimated cost of a worst case scenario spill into an escrow account as a condition of letting the pipeline through.

The Kalamazoo Enbridge spill cost over $1 billion to clean up, and there's still oil to be found. And that was in a river which helped contain the spread, at least laterally if not downstream.

Let's call it $2 billion. And then Alberta can go after the company (whoever buys it from the feds) to recover the clean up costs. That would go a ways towards alleviating fears of a spill in BC, letting them know that the cash would be available for clean up day one and that it would essentially be free of litigation. After all, if Alberta insists that it's safe, shouldn't we put our money where our mouths are?
    the best research i have been able to find (natural resources canada) actually says that dilbit floats rather than sinking:

• The behaviour of diluted bitumen is not unexpected or totally different from other petroleum products. Consequently, current spill response techniques for these oils can also be used when responding to diluted bitumen spills. We are finding that diluted bitumen floats for three weeks and beyond in the water environment conditions we have tested. Its tendency is to float.

• Diluted bitumen “absorbs” water. In a spill scenario, if diluted bitumen first enters freshwater in a river and then moves into saltwater it will be carrying fresh water and so will continue to float if it is already doing so. However, if it is spilled into salt water first, it will absorb the salt water. If the oil then moves into freshwater, or if it gets hit with rain which is also fresh water, then it could become submerged because the salt water it is carrying will make it more dense, or heavier, than the fresh water. This is important for responders to understand so they can prioritize preventing oil spilled in a marine environment from entering a freshwater environment.

https://clearseas.org/en/blog/resear...ather-dettman/

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

the best research i have been able to find (natural resources canada) actually says that dilbit floats rather than sinking:

• The behaviour of diluted bitumen is not unexpected or totally different from other petroleum products. Consequently, current spill response techniques for these oils can also be used when responding to diluted bitumen spills. We are finding that diluted bitumen floats for three weeks and beyond in the water environment conditions we have tested. Its tendency is to float.

• Diluted bitumen “absorbs” water. In a spill scenario, if diluted bitumen first enters freshwater in a river and then moves into saltwater it will be carrying fresh water and so will continue to float if it is already doing so. However, if it is spilled into salt water first, it will absorb the salt water. If the oil then moves into freshwater, or if it gets hit with rain which is also fresh water, then it could become submerged because the salt water it is carrying will make it more dense, or heavier, than the fresh water. This is important for responders to understand so they can prioritize preventing oil spilled in a marine environment from entering a freshwater environment.

https://clearseas.org/en/blog/resear...ather-dettman/
    Ask the EPA and the folks around Kalamazoo.

In 2013, in opining on the Keystone XL pipeline proposal, the EPA recommended to the State Department that pipelines that carry bitumen should no longer be treated just like pipelines that carry any other oil. Stephen Hamilton, an ecology professor at Michigan State University and the independent science adviser at Talmadge Creek, detailed the challenges and expense of the still-ongoing Michigan cleanup.[17][18]

Additional dredging under 2013 order
    The EPA issued an Order for Removal in 2013 which required Enbridge to remove oil-contaminated sediment from specific locations along the Kalamazoo River, including the three areas where submerged oil was most pronounced:

Upstream of the Ceresco Dam
    Mill Ponds area
    Morrow Lake, Morrow Lake Delta and adjacent areas
    Sediment traps at two designated locations[19]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalamazoo_River_oil_spill
    And the National Academy of Sciences

As this report demonstrates, diluted bitumen has unique properties that differentiate it from commonly transported crude oils. Because of these properties, diluted bitumen’s behavior in the environment following a spill is different from that of the light and medium crudes typically addressed in spill response planning, preparedness, and response. Of most significance are the physical and chemical changes that diluted bitumen undergoes as a result of weathering. When the diluent component volatizes, the remaining bitumen becomes denser and, depending on circumstances, may aggregate with particles in the water column and remain in suspension or sink to the bottom of a water body. The submergence of persistent residues of diluted bitumen in aquatic environments, as was seen in the Marshall, MI spill, and the potential for long-term deposition in sediments and banks and remobilization in the water column present environmental concerns and cleanup challenges not presented by commonly transported crude oils. These challenges necessitate different response strategies, including immediate efforts to recover spilled diluted bitumen before significant weathering occurs and effective methods to identify, contain, and recover suspended and sunken oil.

https://www.nap.edu/read/21834/chapter/9
    But, you can always do this since it's not our problem.

Last edited by kkozoriz; 13-10-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rupikhalon001 View Post
    ^ Exactly. I would have assumed that the leader of this country would wear some sort of protective vests most of the time.

PM Harper and Mayor Nenshi both had death threats, I would of called off the rally, because if the nutter was there, all those people who don't have a vest, were targets..jmho

Even our council has had death threats..
    From the National Post

John Ivison: Trudeau's security scare a dark turn for an election filled with online threats
    The tone of this campaign, and the venom expressed toward Trudeau in particular on social media, has heightened fears that Canada could go to a very dark place

There was, it emerged, a specific threat in the room against Trudeau personally (as opposed to a general threat to the public).

The RCMP’s recommendation was to put on a show of strength to deter the threat and to send Trudeau’s wife and children back to the hotel.

The decision was also taken that the show must go on, which must have been terrifying for the Liberal leader, knowing there was the very real prospect that someone in the room was trying to kill him.

https://nationalpost.com/news/politi...th-online-hate

Aren’t we already in a dark place. Ethics problems, SNC-Lavalin,...

Aren’t we already in a dark place. Ethics problems, SNC-Lavalin,...
    Yup, this just adds to it imho.. Nobody should receive threats, however, JT has made himself quite the target. As much as I hate him, it stops there. I don't see the point in threats, never have. Are they trying to get a message across, because it's stupid., it needs to stop. I'm sure they could catch someone online
    Last edited by H.L.; Yesterday at 05:36 AM.
    Animals are my passion.

Nice victim blaming. "It's too bad he got a threat but it's entirely his fault for making himself a target"

Couldn't be the various lies that Scheer has told about him (RCMP commissioner says he's under investigation (he didn't say that)), etc. Nope, it's all the fault of the person who got the death threat.
    The poor person who made the threat just couldn't help himself. Trudeau made it so easy.

Sheesh

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Could be fake too. Drawing attention to him and get sympathy votes too. Orchestrated by Butts......

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

The writer says “here’s why” and the first thing he does is point out the others’ failings in his eyes. So it seems the title is off. So “Justin Trudeau deserves another shot – here’s why” could be changed to a more typical political hit piece title like: ”my guy is great and I hate your guys and here’s my dirt on your guys”

WARREN: Justin Trudeau deserves another shot – here’s why – Toronto Sun

“Andrew Scheer refused to release the Conservative costed plan before the debates. It is insulting to voters and it is difficult to seriously consider his plan for Canada when he plays peek-a-boo with public policy.

I also believe throughout his time as the opposition leader he has demonstrated extremely poor political judgment.”

Singh didn’t do his homework in opposition. He didn’t recruit enough quality candidates. He didn’t put in place a strong organization. He didn’t do enough fundraising.

The price of entry to be Prime Minister is to show you can run your party before you run the country and he didn’t do it. He should perform well enough that there will be a role in opposition for Singh and he will live to fight another day.

https://torontosun.com/opinion/colum...shot-heres-why
    Also I didn’t realize that Trudeau first proved he could run his party to the same degree. It seemed to me that Trudeau was parachuted into a fairly well established situation.

What has changed so much that Trudeau has to wear a bulletproof vest? | The Star

“ There’s no need to dignify the slurs by spelling them out again here; the Star’s Marco Oved did a thorough forensic analysis last week of the manufactured smear campaign, which nonetheless lived on at the postdebate scrums.

To be clear: ugly rumours circulated about Stephen Harper and his personal life all the time he was prime minister too — Ottawa reporters were repeatedly peppered with “tips” about the alleged breakup of the Harper marriage (which still endures, by the way.) Brian Mulroney, in his late, unpopular years in office, was alleged to be drinking on the job (also very untrue.)”

https://www.thestar.com/politics/pol...roof-vest.html
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 05:35 AM.

Could be fake too. Drawing attention to him and get sympathy votes too. Orchestrated by Butts......
    Yes, it could be. I love how the media asked if this was due to Scheer? Something like that, he said no, but he said he's attacked him every day. Does he know what an election is about? ..JT lives in a completely different world..he truly does
    Animals are my passion.

Self-indoctrination:

How do our brains fall for disinformation? - The Globe and Mail

“Part of the reason people fall for false content lies in the way our brains take in information, says neurologist Lesley Fellows, a professor at McGill University who has studied how the brain makes political decisions. Our brains are constantly and heavily filtering the world around us through a framework of biases and stereotypes created through our experiences.”

“Having an entrenched worldview, shaped by decades of experience, may be one reason older people tend to be more likely to share false information, said Jay Van Bavel, an associate professor of psychology and neural science at New York University.

Van Bavel said that people older than 65 are six to seven times more likely to share fake news than their younger counterparts. He is currently conducting a brain imaging study to investigate why.

Many have watched the same news station for decades and thus see the world in a certain way, he explained, adding they also tend to be more committed to a specific political party. This could partly explain why they may be more inclined to share a factually inaccurate story through social media if it aligns with how they see the world.

Another reason may be related to cognitive decline, ...”

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/cana...isinformation/
    Hmm surprising. To say: “watched the same news station for decades ” seems to be some pretty resounding support for the idea of long term media bias/unprofessionalism.

Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 05:47 AM.

Yes, it could be. I love how the media asked if this was due to Scheer? Something like that, he said no, but he said he's attacked him every day. Does he know what an election is about? ..JT lives in a completely different world..he truly does
    I laughed at the tacky shearing, scissor, shaving ad attacking Scheer via Scheer’s name. Pretty extremist in its hyperbole. That ad all by itself could incite nut cases to make death threats so Scheer may be the next one to need a vest.
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 05:55 AM.

NDP putting pressure on Liberal seats
    Excerpt:

“The NDP has seen gains in the Poll Tracker in every region of the country, but it has seen its biggest bumps in Quebec, Atlantic Canada and the Prairies. Notably, the increase of five points in Atlantic Canada has pushed the NDP back into third place and ahead of the Greens.

It now means the NDP — while still on track to lose nearly all of its seats in Quebec — could actually gain seats in the rest of the country, largely at the expense of the Liberals.”

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/gre...ains-1.5320031

Polling is all over the place this election - Justin Trudeau is not a popular PM.

Polling is all over the place this election - Justin Trudeau is not a popular PM.
    He's losing voters to both parties, especially Singh
    Isn't it odd, the RCMP have said nothing about this alleged death threat, you'd think as it's the PM, there would be an update or something. Hmm, interesting..
    Animals are my passion.

Nice victim blaming. "It's too bad he got a threat but it's entirely his fault for making himself a target"

Couldn't be the various lies that Scheer has told about him (RCMP commissioner says he's under investigation (he didn't say that)), etc. Nope, it's all the fault of the person who got the death threat.
    The poor person who made the threat just couldn't help himself. Trudeau made it so easy.

Sheesh
    Yes, Andrew Scheer is the one who instigated the death threats.

Facepalm......

Isn't it odd, the RCMP have said nothing about this alleged death threat, you'd think as it's the PM, there would be an update or something. Hmm, interesting..

nothing eh? https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rcm...aign-1.5305905

Yeah, that's what Top_Dawg thought right away.

Top_Dawg learned long ago that there is no such thing as coincidence in politics.

The timing is very interesting to say the least.

This whole alleged security threat - with no details whatsoever - seems very contrived.

The only fake so far is the American Insurance Broker leading the CONS

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    The only fake so far is the American Insurance Broker leading the CONS
    Or the fake feminist, that can't handle strong women
    Or the teacher that paints his face black, but can't recall how many times
    Or the groper, that says the woman saw if differently. I'll take Scheer over Trudy any day, you backed a one term loser, people are seeing right through his facade. Bawaha!!!!
    Animals are my passion.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Yeah, that's what Top_Dawg thought right away.

Top_Dawg learned long ago that there is no such thing as coincidence in politics.

The timing is very interesting to say the least.

This whole alleged security threat - with no details whatsoever - seems very contrived.
    He has fallen so low, it's hard for people to buy his bs anymore. I don't think he needed a bullet proof vest, its all part of his *act*
    Animals are my passion.

Not really, the RCMP doesn't talk much about security details, the less information dangerous nutjobs have, the better.

As for me the worst I wish him, is to be voted out, or maybe a cream pie.

Not really, the RCMP doesn't talk much about security details, the less information dangerous nutjobs have, the better.

As for me the worst I wish him, is to be voted out, or maybe a cream pie.
    Didnt they update us when Chretien was threatened, or maybe that was because his wife saved [email protected] Cream pie sounds good.
    Animals are my passion.

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 394546474849