Thread: Baseball is back in town !!

I'd rather C2E than work!

Default Baseball is back in town !!

Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Gonna be a great night at the ball park. Playoff baseball, beautiful Telus field - go Prospects!

Great game the other night. Lots of action. Tommy Banks and his wife were sitting just a few rows away.

Prospects made it to the WMBL championships last night. Game 3 in Edmonton Sat. night 7pm. Go Prospects!

C2E Long Term Contributor

^yup, great run and looking forward to some ball again!
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

What did they end of renaming the field?

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^I should definitely check out a game or two this summer. The field is a civic resource that I hope stays for a long time, so it's time to show some support.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

C2E Continued Contributor

Did one last summer and had a great time! Everything was very affordable and we had a blast! Definitely going to do a game or two this year as well.

Hey everyone. New to the forums but not new to the city. Been living out here for almost 4 years now. I just purchased a pair of Prospects tickets for my wife and I to watch the game tomorrow. First time watching baseball in this city. Hopefully it's gonna be a good time. I also hear they had a sellout a couple of days ago.

Sell out might have been the Canada Day's game? That usually sells out because of front row seats of the fireworks.

That said, I hope to catch a game later this month and if they make the playoffs, I'll definitely attend one.

Welcome to the forum and be sure to report back on your experience at the ball game!

I had a good time at the game yesterday. The Prospects won 3-2 after Lethbridge tied it up in the 9th. It was also "Thirsty Thursdays" so 4 dollar beers were on deck. Some good baseball too in my opinion.

This picture I took won't do the game any justice but it definitely felt like there were at least 1,500 or more people in attendance. Major Don Iveson threw the first pitch.

I went to a Thirsty Thursday last year and had a blast. Definitely want to do another game this year.

I'm kind of torn. I actually dislike baseball, don't enjoy watching or playing the sport. But this facility is just in a great location, fantastic area, and that interest almost overrides my disinterest in the sport. Is there a game upcoming where there are any fireworks, or halftime entertainment or some such thing that might justify a non baseball fan going and attending?

The facility itself has such appeal. This must be very enjoyable for baseball fans. Even moreso in that you get a topnotch facility and you get some space and room to really relax. Nice to enjoy a sport in relative comfort to the kind of pushing and shoving and cramming in Oilers games.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I remember when I worked for Xentel, they sponsored the fire works every Canada Day. They also had some pretty good events with Baseball Bonanza and All Star baseball. I used to love playing baseball and I enjoy the highlights on TV but I don't think I could sit through a game these days.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

My husband loves baseball, I'm more of a soccer person. So we will take in a game or two

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    I'm kind of torn. I actually dislike baseball, don't enjoy watching or playing the sport. But this facility is just in a great location, fantastic area, and that interest almost overrides my disinterest in the sport. Is there a game upcoming where there are any fireworks, or halftime entertainment or some such thing that might justify a non baseball fan going and attending?
    Here's the link to theme days. Some examples are comedy nights and a business networking night.

Prospects with a double header today agains the Okotoks Dawgs. At the 2pm game you can get a seat, hotdog and beverage for $20. Bunch of local guys on the team this year - Quinn Phillips reports go Prospects!

So are you sunburned now aj ?

Strangely, the inside of one forearm and the top of the other burnt to a crisp. Otherwise pretty good.

Prospects sweep. Second game - bottom of the ninth, full count, two out, line drive over the second baseman for the win. Awesome.

The Oilers should hire whoever is doing music (volunteer job) for the Prospects this year. Waaaaaaay better than the crap in-game Oilers music.

Prospects made the playoffs. This Thursday is game 3 against the Okotoks Dawgs - gonna be a great series. Go Prospects!

Prospects lose game one 8-2.

The series is all tied up. Prospects win 2-1. Game 3 tomorrow night at Ducey Park. Go Prospects!

Big win last night - season record crowd at the ballpark. Game five in Okotoks tonight. Here's hoping for more playoff ball next week.

Game 4 of the versus Cubs goes at two bells.

Top_Dawg is tracking the bulls and planning his escape route out of the quarry so he can make a clean getaway at half past one.

Does anyone know where Top_Dawg can get one of those fake steaming cups of coffee like that Johnson guy in the ol' Bud Light commercials ?

Top_Dawg is stoked.

Game 7 of the World Series from Dodger Stadium goes at half past six.

This one is going right down to the wire cheechakos.

And the mighty Leaf continue their road trip also through Cali.

Back to back games tonight and tomorrow against the Ducks and the Kings.

Top_Dawg iz gonna be pokin' back the beer late into the night.
    Here's to Game 7!
    And Go Leafs !

I know it's still very early but just a reminder that the Edmonton Prospects 2018 home schedule is up. I'll be there for the home opener and a couple of other games throughout the season.

http://www.prospectsbaseballclub.com...-home-schedule

C2E Long Term Contributor

Love love love Remax Field.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

^^ Good one Popaj. Super pumped for another year of Prospects ball. If you're into it this is a great book: http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/titles/21...jah-of-renfrew

^Then you should relay that enthusiasm to your buds operating as city functionaries. Apparently some current Rossdale "redevelopment" plans include tearing down Ducey park.

In an attempt to put bums in the seats, The Edmonton Prospects are offering **free** tickets all season to their neighbours in the dales (Ross, River, Clover) - ID required.

Top of the river bank neighbours (Downtown, Strathcona, Strathearn, Oliver, Boyle Street) should organize Bikes and Baseball - a coordinated group cycling outing to some games this summer. It's a nice, short, destination ride for the whole family. I bet they'd cut us a deal on tickets if we inquired. Would be some incentive for the Prospects to put better bike parking in place as well. I'm pitching my community league today.

This is a cool idea - http://rossflats.ca/shop/ Vintage Edmonton baseball t-shirts. Love the Edmonton Drakes T.

That’s a pretty cool retro find
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Glad to see Prospects coverage in The Journal sports pages. The Prospect bats are hot this year. Two game set against first place Fort Mac Friday Saturday this weekend - super pumped!

Pride Night at the ballpark is Sat. June 16 against the Lethbridge Bulls.

Strathearn Community League members get a buy one get one ticket deal (adult and kids tics, excluding July 1) with their current league membership.
    Last edited by ajs; 05-06-2018 at 06:49 PM. Reason: more info

Edmonton Prospect Erik Sabrowski was drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 14th round of the MLB draft this week! The St. Albert native was a standout last year - a fun player to watch. Catch him in action this weekend at Ducey Park.

Former Prospect Kody Funderburk was chosen by the Minnesota Twins. Any guesses what his at-bat music was last year? Thun-der-struck (except everyone chanted his name instead)