Results 1 to 56 of 56

Thread: ChrisVasquez7 and Richard appreciation thread..

  1. #1
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Southwest YEG
    Posts
    209

    Default ChrisVasquez7 and Richard appreciation thread..

    I sincerely want to thank member ChrisVasquez7 for helping bring this site back from the dark. I love these forums. Please post your thanks, thoughts and appreciation to CV7 and of course Richard (founder/site maintainer) who decided to continue operating this site. It's well deserved.
    Last edited by cpnfantstk; 26-06-2016 at 02:52 PM.

  2. #2
    Administrator *
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Queen Mary Park, Edmonton
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    I appreciate that, but 99.99999% of the work to get this back up was all Richard! Thanks Richard!

  3. #3

    Default

    OMG! You're back! Thank you!

  4. #4
    First One is Always Free
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Thank you Chris and Richard for bringing the site back.
    The opinions and views posted are my own and do not reflect the opinion, views, philosophies, policies, etc. of my employer, its board of directors, or its shareholders.

  5. #5
    C2E Stole my Heart!!!!
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ozerna, North Edmonton
    Posts
    8,961

    Default

    Great work guys, it's appreciated more than you know!!!

  6. #6
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Edmonton of course
    Posts
    1,147

    Default

    I am so happy so happy it's back
    live for happiness because without it everything seems ho hum

  7. #7
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    31,014

    Default

    Thanks for the fundraiser, Chris.
    I already conveyed my thanks to Richard in the other thread.
    But efforts from both were greatly appreciated.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  8. #8
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Crawford Plains, Millwoods since 1985
    Posts
    2,737

    Default

    Thanks guys! So awesome!

  9. #9
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Westmount, Edmonton
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Nice job! Upgrading is always a pain and even more so when you have to work through several versions.

    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

  10. #10
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Windermere
    Posts
    1,962

    Default

    Thanks to both of you. Richard, it was nice to put a face to the name after seeing you on Global.

  11. #11
    C2E Posting Power
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    St. Albert, AB
    Posts
    641

    Default

    And in Metro News. Yes, a big thanks to both Richard and Chris.

  12. #12

    Default

    Excellent job with the fundraiser Chris, I bet your fundraising idea was instrumental in saving the forum!
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  13. #13
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    46,564

    Default

    Thanks to Chris and everyone who assisted.
    www.decl.org

    Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

  14. #14
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton (belevedre)
    Posts
    6,496

    Smile

    finalllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly I'm so glad to get back in , so I can continue seeing the progress of downtown growth.


    I see big changes here but I got to get used to it but take my time. thanks Richard for big changes here.
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

  15. #15

    Default

    Mostly a lurker, but this site is a tremendous resource. I was blown away that this wasn't a city administered site, and that Richard has personally put so much effort into it. I hope that the City of Edmonton's current administration is aware of this asset, and that some support (financial, access to information, etc.) is available to Richard.

    Richard, thank you for creating this for all of us.

    Chris, thanks for your efforts in resuscitating C2E.

  16. #16
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    6,794

    Default

    Thanks so much you guys !!!!
    Last edited by Drumbones; 26-06-2016 at 07:29 PM.

  17. #17
    C2E Junkie *
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,801
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Now that this site has changed, I will answer the question directly...re City and/or EEDC/Toruism funding and support.

    It takes a lot of courage and even more patience to have a site that is not a true booster site. I was very honest when I said that I hate booster sites. They tend to not represent the entire story...and people know this. They see through the glossies. No city is perfect. No city is Shangri-La. They have good things, bad things, warts, welcoming arms, boosters, detractors, fights, and group hugs. So, when people come across a site that is rah rah rah...and doesn't take feedback...they quickly tune out.

    I sum it up this way. If you have to constantly tell me you're exciting...that you're world class...you are not. I will decide if you're any of those adjectives.

    To that end, the original partnership between the CofE and EEDC faded when I refused to delete/moderate comments that weren't ...as one employee put it...showcasing initiative X in a positive light.

    Plus, there was the odd letter that decried taxpayer involvement in a site that *insert why I feel offended here*. So, the partnership dissolved.

    Kenn and his team were bold enough to stand up while he was at the EEDC. Mayor Mandel loved the site. The ERAA loved the site. That wasn't enough to sway the opinion of many in the CofE and EEDC that wanted the original booster club. So, they've long since distanced themselves from C2E. Although, it is heavily mined by the same.

    This is not a complaint...it just is what it is. I see their point of view. I personally don't agree with it as I think you learn more when you see all sides of an issue. Like the old example says...if you don't complain when the food is bad, how do I know you don't like it? How can I improve?
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

  18. #18
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Sherwood Park, AB
    Posts
    10,855

    Default

    Thank you very much Richard and Chris!
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

  19. #19
    First One is Always Free
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    88

    Default

    Great work guys! Thanks for bringing back online. It is a valued resource

  20. #20
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    I don't even know anymore :/
    Posts
    1,122

    Default

    Thank you Richard! You really don't know what you have till it's gone

  21. #21

    Default

    Thanks for all the hard work, of imagine it's a massive effort. Much appreciated.

  22. #22
    C2E Posting Power
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Below that old white mountain, just a little southeast of Nome
    Posts
    627

    Default

    Thank you Richard for your hard work in getting the site up an running again and thanks to Chris for starting the online funding campaign which hopefully can continue on in some form or another to help pay for the ongoing costs of keeping this valuable site going.

  23. #23

    Default

    I just gotta say that in all my years online, this is the first lost forum that actually returned. It must say something about the people of Edmonton, and the people who run this sight. They are amazing. Thanks Richard, and Chris!
    Violating Foolhardy Tyranny

  24. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    Thank you Richard! You really don't know what you have till it's gone
    When it was down, the billions of other websites were just boring. We all missed the C2E, the only site that makes the invention of the Internet worthwhile...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  25. #25

    Default

    So glad to see it is back! If funding is an issue, I for one don't have a problem with ads. 99% of the internet has them. Why not set up google adsense as a means to generate much needed revenue for the site? Just curious.

  26. #26
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    11,492

    Default

    our it guys are probably thinking (*&^%.

    our hr guys are probably thinking (*&^%.

    all i can say to it and hr is "suck it up charlie".

    thanks RichardS, thanks Chris Vasquez, and thanks Ken Burr and thanks everyone else who who built and brought us what we have here.

    and thanks to everyone who made this a place worth being (whether they are still here or not) and thanks to those who hopefully will continue to make this a place worth being whether as posters or lurkers.

    as for the "new user ranks", i would like to suggest the addition of "the lion heart" on the provision that the only one that ever gets to use it is RichardS. and he can capitalize it if he chooses.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  27. #27
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Old Strathcona, Edmonton
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    I also want to add my thanks and gratitude for what Richard and Chris have done to resurrect this site. This is my go-to site every day, and even though I'm more of a lurker now than I was before, I use C2E a lot - an awful lot. If maintaining this site means we need to raise more mo ey, I'm happy to pay a monthly fee (though the bookkeeping may be difficult) or for the site to accept advertising. In any event, I'm very appreciative of the work Richard and others have done - and I'm looking forward to having C2E around for many years to come.
    Almost always open to debate...

  28. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisvazquez7 View Post
    I appreciate that, but 99.99999% of the work to get this back up was all Richard! Thanks Richard!
    Chris, that answer is the typical honest and humble type and keep it up! I just returned from my business trip to Vietnam and noticed all the changes, and what could have been...Im very delight it is still around!

    RE: Other local similiar sites:

    If any of you from other sites that may be reading this, you guys are a bunch of hyprocrite f♤cks for your statements regarding the attitude of some regulars on this site. Calling the kettle black when your statements are no more relevent, or kosher than some on this site. Rest assure that i won't come to your site as i and some good forumers here at C2E are already experiencing the ignorance you supposedly are anti off. Please look up the cliche " calling the kettle black."

  29. #29

    Default

    Thanks guys for all that you do!

  30. #30

    Default

    I've also been mostly a lurker, just wanted to pass along my thanks to Richard and Chris. Have there been discussions regarding a long term plan to help Richard with the financial costs of the site?

    edit: grammar

  31. #31

    Default

    Great work everyone involved, especially Chris and Richard, but also everyone who contributed financially.
    www.decl.org

  32. #32

    Default

    Great to hear the site is back! Its a shame the EEDC backed away when you refused to censor the citizens of Edmonton. If someone only wants to hear the positives of their idea they are not looking for ways to improve they are looking for a pat on the back. If a monthly funding option becomes available to continue the website I would be happy to support that.
    youtube.com/BrothersGrim
    facebook.com/BrothersGrimMusic

  33. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chrisvazquez7 View Post
    I appreciate that, but 99.99999% of the work to get this back up was all Richard! Thanks Richard!
    BUT 99.99999% of the fund raising was started by you. It takes two to tango.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  34. #34
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Thank you to both Richard and Chris for bringing this site back. I would also like to thank all the people who donated to help get the site back online.
    I have always found this site to be a fantastic resource, and I was disappointed when it went down.
    I am very pleased that it is back, and I would be willing to pay a monthly fee to keep it going.
    Non semper erit aestas

  35. #35

    Default

    Thanks to the Chris and Richard. Thanks to the backers. Thanks for the contributions (in any form) to everyone.
    There were talks about establishing a Patreon. Perhaps something like that can go ahead to ensure this is funded for years to come?

  36. #36

    Default

    Another long time lurker here who truly appreciates the wealth of information and shared knowledge. Thank you for your efforts Richard !

  37. #37
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    1,419

    Default

    THANK-YOU Richard for all your hard work and dedication to this site. While the site was down I almost entered the 5 stages of grief and loss. This site is truly one of my addictions! It's a tremendous resource and I'm so happy it's back!

    Thank-you Chris for starting the fundraiser. I plan on being on this site EVEN MORE than I was before. As much as I thought I loved it before, I didn't realize what I had had until it was gone. Lucky for me C2E is back from the dead and I will NEVER take it for granted again!

  38. #38

    Default

    Thanks to Chris, Richard, and all who donated for helping bring back this wonderful community. It's great to be back.

  39. #39
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Westmount, Edmonton
    Posts
    5,520

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RichardS View Post
    Now that this site has changed, I will answer the question directly...re City and/or EEDC/Toruism funding and support.

    It takes a lot of courage and even more patience to have a site that is not a true booster site. I was very honest when I said that I hate booster sites. They tend to not represent the entire story...and people know this. They see through the glossies. No city is perfect. No city is Shangri-La. They have good things, bad things, warts, welcoming arms, boosters, detractors, fights, and group hugs. So, when people come across a site that is rah rah rah...and doesn't take feedback...they quickly tune out.

    I sum it up this way. If you have to constantly tell me you're exciting...that you're world class...you are not. I will decide if you're any of those adjectives.

    To that end, the original partnership between the CofE and EEDC faded when I refused to delete/moderate comments that weren't ...as one employee put it...showcasing initiative X in a positive light.

    Plus, there was the odd letter that decried taxpayer involvement in a site that *insert why I feel offended here*. So, the partnership dissolved.

    Kenn and his team were bold enough to stand up while he was at the EEDC. Mayor Mandel loved the site. The ERAA loved the site. That wasn't enough to sway the opinion of many in the CofE and EEDC that wanted the original booster club. So, they've long since distanced themselves from C2E. Although, it is heavily mined by the same.

    This is not a complaint...it just is what it is. I see their point of view. I personally don't agree with it as I think you learn more when you see all sides of an issue. Like the old example says...if you don't complain when the food is bad, how do I know you don't like it? How can I improve?
    Thank you for this. I've been on a lot of online discussion forums over the years and this is very important. While some moderation is always necessary it shouldn't about the content of the posts nor for boosterism. One of the reasons I've stuck around here is because of the range of views and opinions.

    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

  40. #40
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    31,014

    Default

    re: EEDC interference, that was a different regime was it not? Brad Ferguson, who posts here occasionally, doesn't come across as a blind cheerleader type, he criticizes where necessary.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  41. #41
    C2E Junkie *
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,801
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    I am very happy that Brad posts here.


    Posting v funding are two different things though...and like I said before...while leadership like Brad, Linda Cochrane, Stephen Mandel, and a lot of others did engage and support...it is harder for people to accept spending inordinate amounts of time and even some $$$ on a site that does not follow the corporate line.

    It is the same as if it were Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, Home Depot, the Government of Alberta (imagine them finding this and then there is a lot of anti ruling power posts)...etc. Think of the backlash...the same backlash the CofE received from denizens who thought all kinds of interesting things about the site and me personally due to what I did or did not moderate...or what so and so said...or that I breathe oxygen...


    Companies and governments want things that follow their own branding. As do people...for you see, often you cannot divorce your opinion from the organization you work for...nor can the corporation divorce their brand from a site that they sponsor that may or may not do something...like support the NRA, Pro life...Pro Choice....etc. For example, you are a Chick-Fil-A employee...and you dislike the company's stance on certain issues...hint hint... Others have tried to discuss and post while trying to divorce their day job as a leader of an organization from their personal opinion...and as I found out from an experience a couple of years ago...most organizations do not divorce the two. So, when you come out as supporting position X...and it is contrary to the position of say the City Government...well..the organization you represent can suffer...

    So, it is great that Brad posts here. He realizes that the brand follows him like most leaders do. There is no half disguised attempt at trying to be two different things. It is even in his username...EEDC_Brad. He may post here under another pseudonym with his personal opinion...I wouldn't know.

    The neat thing about how this resurrected itself is that it was a grassroots hello. I thought of doing a campaign, or donations, and I was told flat out no one would. With a member I haven't met in person...and then him doing this...it is definitely validation. That is why this is humbling. Whether you like the campaign or not...it is akin to the Sanders campaign in the US. I actually prefer that. People...individuals...supporting this due to exactly what Paul says. The range of opinions is key. The one thing I am working on is encouraging them to be a bit more articulate...but that is another conversation...
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

  42. #42
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    asia
    Posts
    2,506

    Default

    Thanks Richard and Chris. Can't add much to what's already been said, except to say that I do agree it was somewhat disorienting not to have this site around for a few weeks. Definitely one of a kind, serving a need that is, as far as I know, not met anywhere else.

  43. #43
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton (Norwood)
    Posts
    4,448

    Default

    I'll add to the well-deserved chorus of thanks for Richard and Chris, but something that fulfills the online town hall role of C2E should not have to rely on a volunteer administrator and crowdfunding.

    I am not surprised that EEDC wanted nothing to do with C2E. They are a city-promotion organization - not the right department to be funding a forum that allows and thrives on a diversity of opinions. The city should be thinking of this forum as a resource for every department that does public consultation, and supporting it appropriately. They shouldn't just be datamining, they should be participating in the conversation. They shouldn't be thinking of public consultation as a way to justify policy, but as a way to form policy. That means asking questions about things that have not yet been decided, and using the conversation to guide the decision making. Operating C2E isn't free, but it is cheap compared to physical public meetings that accomplish much less.

  44. #44

    Default

    the problem is the city doesn't do "public consultation". They don't want your feedback, they don't care about your opinions, or ideas. They want to tell you how it's going to be, and don't care about anything that isn't already previous decided on the way its going to.

    plus, those in the CoE that actually do care already mine this place.

  45. #45
    C2E Junkie *
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,801
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Titanium48 View Post
    (...). The city should be thinking of this forum as a resource for every department that does public consultation, and supporting it appropriately. They shouldn't just be datamining, they should be participating in the conversation. They shouldn't be thinking of public consultation as a way to justify policy, but as a way to form policy. That means asking questions about things that have not yet been decided, and using the conversation to guide the decision making. Operating C2E isn't free, but it is cheap compared to physical public meetings that accomplish much less.
    Thanks T-48...

    We did pilot this approach with the ASK forums, and during the City Centre Airport debate. However, the City (corporate) hired another firm, who then freely utilized C2E and engaged/mined heavily. So, I'd like to change that model a bit, but with the genie out of the bottle...once people are used to getting something for free, they tend to not like having to pay. But, free has its own inherent value...as in not worth paying for. Vicious circle.

    but yes...the town hall concept of engagement is crucial. Town halls and engagement isn't relegated to the 5:30 pm meeting...which is called because employees rightly need to get home sometime. So, I still will provide the service, because you all spoke loudly that it has value.
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

  46. #46
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,688

    Default

    Don't worry about GoA ever being on board. The Province could never support something that is focused on a single city - that gets them in trouble. It would have to be connect2alberta. Maybe a future project.

  47. #47

    Default

    Thank you to both of you. I agree, without this, the internet is just boring!

  48. #48
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    31,014

    Default

    I think the COE is inching towards their forum with the Insight thing
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  49. #49
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    11,492

    Default

    "the insight thing" hardly even qualifies as a decent polling mechanism from a small sample. it also suffers from too many obviously predetermined outcomes based on selected questions and choice of language. it is entirely "top down" and certainly isn't a forum meant to encourage or enable meaningful discussion.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  50. #50

    Default

    Thank you for bringing this forum back. It's a great resource and knowledge bank.

    Also, RichardS - I had no idea this was your site. I apologize for mouthing you off so many times in the past. You deserve more respect even if I disagree with you sometimes.

  51. #51
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Grandin 2014--, Garneau 2012-2014, North Downtown 2006-2012
    Posts
    3,223

    Default

    Some of the donors operated in a panic at the thought of this site being shut down. But there were others, myself included, who have been waiting for a long time for a meaningful way to contribute (thanks Chris). I don't know how capable the GoFundIt site is with maintaining a running fund for operations. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to set something up where we can see the level and when it seems to be getting low, or people feel a little flush, that donations be pumped in.

    I'd like to keep this a "free" site. And everything I've read about advertising indicates that's a precarious way to raise funds. The advertisers who would flock here are those horrible scam artists which are the reason for AdBlock. There are a few people here who can afford their hobbies and are happy to contribute. I can't speak for the rest, but I'm capable of donating without expecting special privileges. I've never observed that Richard gets special privileges. There are others who simply cannot donate and we should be fine with that.

    The one thing I am set on though, is that if someone (Richard) is putting in most of the effort, they should not also be expected to pull cash out of their pocket to keep things going.

    Edited to add: But if this site ever got charitable (or similar) status so I could claim on my taxes that would be great too. That, rightly or wrongly, elicits larger sums from me.
    Last edited by EveB; 28-06-2016 at 04:46 PM.

  52. #52
    C2E Junkie *
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    13,801
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    "the insight thing" hardly even qualifies as a decent polling mechanism from a small sample. it also suffers from too many obviously predetermined outcomes based on selected questions and choice of language. it is entirely "top down" and certainly isn't a forum meant to encourage or enable meaningful discussion.
    Insight fulfills the desire I mentioned earlier. I understand why it is there, I agree why it is there...but the style is not what C2E should be.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Thank you for bringing this forum back. It's a great resource and knowledge bank.

    Also, RichardS - I had no idea this was your site. I apologize for mouthing you off so many times in the past. You deserve more respect even if I disagree with you sometimes.
    Disagree away. Get grumpy...I do. I don't feel slighted by you in any way. Disagreeing is how I learn...blindly following is where I find most of my greatest letdowns in life.

    Quote Originally Posted by EveB View Post
    Some of the donors operated in a panic at the thought of this site being shut down. But there were others, myself included, who have been waiting for a long time for a meaningful way to contribute (thanks Chris). I don't know how capable the GoFundIt site is with maintaining a running fund for operations. I wouldn't think it would be too difficult to set something up where we can see the level and when it seems to be getting low, or people feel a little flush, that donations be pumped in.

    I'd like to keep this a "free" site. And everything I've read about advertising indicates that's a precarious way to raise funds. The advertisers who would flock here are those horrible scam artists which are the reason for AdBlock. There are a few people here who can afford their hobbies and are happy to contribute. I can't speak for the rest, but I'm capable of donating without expecting special privileges. I've never observed that Richard gets special privileges. There are others who simply cannot donate and we should be fine with that.

    The one thing I am set on though, is that if someone (Richard) is putting in most of the effort, they should not also be expected to pull cash out of their pocket to keep things going.

    Edited to add: But if this site ever got charitable (or similar) status so I could claim on my taxes that would be great too. That, rightly or wrongly, elicits larger sums from me.
    I appreciate this sentiment.

    Getting a charitable status is a bit difficult for a fourm like this. The CRA rightly has strict rules around a charity...and even then there are a few organizations here and around the world that say they are charitable...and then become an exclusive club.

    I'm looking at how to set this up better the second time around. I owe that to the folks that tried with me...keep the ideal going.
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

  53. #53
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Crawford Plains, Millwoods since 1985
    Posts
    2,737

    Default

    And the best part is that it's going to be better. Thanks Richard. And everyone. Just unreal what has occurred.

  54. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Thank you for bringing this forum back. It's a great resource and knowledge bank.

    Also, RichardS - I had no idea this was your site. I apologize for mouthing you off so many times in the past. You deserve more respect even if I disagree with you sometimes.
    Out of curious, how would that change your perspective now? Does that mean your tone with him will change? If so, why?

  55. #55

    Default

    Bumping this thread KC style. Sure I could've created a new thread, but why do that when there's one that already fits.. kinda.

    ---

    I think at times, we forget that this site is run by volunteers that put in thankless amount of time dealing with the garbage we all produce. As a former moderator here, I know the efforts that often go behind the scenes, the amount of reporting posts you need to go through, the babysitting, the trying to act without bias/picking sides. It's not a fun job, and it's mostly all done by one person.

    This site has been ongoing for at least 12 years.

    THANK YOU ADMIN FOR PUTTING UP AND DEALING WITH ALL OF OUR BS!!!!

  56. #56

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •