Thread: Battlefield 1

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Default Battlefield 1

Oh boy, been waiting for a change from modern day combat... going back to WWI folks!

Trailer #1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nRTF2SowQ

Trailer #2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pY3hlQEOc0

And here's 45 minutes of raw footage by player Levelcap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PjdFBr1LIM

Looks fantastic!

I'm thinking of getting this on my Xbox one... Although I have heard Battelfield games often have bugs at first.

Yeah, they can be buggy. Apparently though they have "learnt" from the disaster release BF4 was. We'll see.

Games been out for a few days now, I got the standard PC version and it's the best Battlefield in many many years. So much just feels "right".

Anyone else purchasing?

C2E Continued Contributor

I'd love to get it, but if you include all the DLC and expansions (ie the full game, stuff that should have already been included), the price is well over 100 bucks. Can't justify that at all.

Yeah, it's not cheap that's for sure. Keep an eye on Origin, I'll update this thread too when it goes on sale. Standard version is $80.00 Cdn, hopefully within a few months we'll see it on for a three quarter price (Half price doesn't come until year 2, depending on success of any given game).

I picked it up for 50 on a Thanksgiving sale, just the basic version (which is fine), for my xbox. Totally addicted, amazing game, anyone who likes military stuff will love it I think. Only issue so far, is occasionally my connection / server (or perhaps its EA's servers) isn't fast enough for the multiplayer, but only happened a few times (when can't move properly).

Ditto for me as well. After many years of being a PlayStation devotee I bought a Xbox One S before Xmas so I could get my hands on Battlefield 1. Fantastic imagery and atmosphere.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Yup, great game. The whole FPS thing is slowwwly fading out for me. probably a combination of fast Battlefields and me getting older. I still enjoy them immensely but find myself playing more "survival" games though. Nice to see EA support this game as there has been a couple major patches already, a free map and the Community Test Environment is making a comeback from BF4 era, positives all around.