Thread: Racing for a cure - crazy exotics lapping the Legislature

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Racing for a cure - crazy exotics lapping the Legislature

Racing for a cure was this weekend in Downtown... wow! I have never seen so many incredible cars in one place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsTh...ature=youtu.be
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Posting Power

That's what that was. Was running in the river valley and couldn't figure out what the heck all the noise was.
    YEG lifer. Phillips liver.

Wink

I've never seen anything like this in Edmonton, or anywhere else for that matter. We heard the noise while heading home on 109th street so I quickly parked and crossed over to where the action was at the Federal Building. It was a fund raising event for the Kids with Cancer Society. For either $50 or $300 you got to ride with the owner driving you twice down to the legislature underpass, up 109th and back to where this image was shot. The $300 donation gets you into nicer cars that are in or over the $1 million range such as the Porsche 918 Spyder hybrid. A $50 donation just gave you a ride in a starter Lamborghini, Ferrari, or Prosche Cayman. There were also Audi's such as the blue one in front of the Lambo in this image and according to their website, a McLaren. The McLaren would be in the $300 advanced exotic group.
    [IMG]Lambo City by Glen Bowe, on Flickr[/IMG]
    The Dodge Viper wasn't the fastest car out there but it was sure moving faster than construction on the Walterdale Bridge.
    [IMG]Viper City by Glen Bowe, on Flickr[/IMG]

Administrator *

That's a great idea for a fundraiser. Maybe this can be an annual thing!

C2E Continued Contributor

It is an annual thing, but it's usually at Castrol Raceway. Castrol got a little too greedy from what I've heard and asked for way more to run it. So they moved it to the city at the last moment.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    It is an annual thing, but it's usually at Castrol Raceway. Castrol got a little too greedy from what I've heard and asked for way more to run it. So they moved it to the city at the last moment.
    Yea there were a few things, downtown is a much better option and was a great event! 5th Annual and they raised just over 500k this year. They figure about 50 million in cars showed up.

Few of my photos from the event.

If anyone wants to see more I have a ton - plus add in the other photographers we have probably closed to 1000 pictures from the event haha.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Great photos except for this one, which is AMAZINDSIDOSNOIFANODNAJSODINSOIING!!!!!!!!

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...e6&oe=57E9C46C
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Great photos except for this one, which is AMAZINDSIDOSNOIFANODNAJSODINSOIING!!!!!!!!
    Haha thanks!

Another version of the back end I like.

And nothing like a 2 million dollar 918 in the rain

And some shots during the rain enroute to the ledge.

C2E SME

Whose 918 was that? There's at most 3-4 of those in the province.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    That one came from Saskatchewan oddly enough, the guy brought 4 cars with him.

I know there are 2 if not 3 in Edmonton alone (White, Orange and a black one I believe)

The son was driving it for a few laps - went into a chicane a little too hot and plowed over 2 of those 4ft tall pylons lol. He stopped in the tunnel to check for damage. There is a video of it floating around somewhere.

Two of the guys other cars.

And one of my favourite classics. 930

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    I know a guy who knows a guy who says there is just one in Edmonton now as one was shipped someplace warm.