Thread: Edmonton perceived to be the 5th. unsafest city in Canada

Default Edmonton perceived to be the 5th. unsafest city in Canada

Does perception matter...............
    A survey done of 4,200 from across Canada perceived Edmonton to be the 5th. unsafest city in Canada.
    Outranked by Winnipeg, Toronto, Montreal and Saskatoon. I do think perception matters and it does affect my judgement on some things.

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...urvey-suggests
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

C2E Continued Contributor

So in other words we're middle of the pack when it comes to cities in Canada. 5th unsafest sounds bad but there's only 15 cities listed. Is that really a big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    So in other words we're middle of the pack when it comes to cities in Canada. 5th unsafest sounds bad but there's only 15 cities listed. Is that really a big deal?
    And it was a study about perceptions, easily swayed by the news du jour.

I remember being warned away from an area in east Regina that ended up being no more than a York-like hotel and a pool hall and some natives wandering about. Definitely a pfffft compared to, say, Compton.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Weird, somewhere in the middle is where we belong, but i'd have put the other cities in a very different order.

Meh.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Perceived.

In the new age studies on perception get more press than the actual data. Strange.

This despite countless past studies depicting that humans do not properly assess safety vs danger. As a species we tend to be clueless in detecting danger.

But somehow human perception of safety is relevant?
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"