Thread: Downtime/rollback?

Default Downtime/rollback?

I noticed there was a period yesterday when the servers were overloaded & now it looks like there might have been a rollback on posts made during that period? Just curious about what's going on.

E: I actually got a database error the first time I tried to post this as well.
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

And now getting database errors when I try and post
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

I noticed that since the that time the Activity Stream page doesn't update either.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Yeah, things are all sorts of weird.

E: I can post, but I get a database error. If I refresh, I can see my post. If I edit my post (like I am now) I get another error, but refreshing with the error on the screen shows my edited post. Something's wonky for sure.

E2: Sent a PM to Admin, Richard & Chris here, plus a PM on reddit to Chris in case there's more crud going on with the PM system

I'd rather C2E than work!

Definitely something walking in the db. I wouldn't be surprised if they need to rollback until before the damage.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I started receiving DB errors this morning. I still have no root cause and I did not manually roll anything back. I am still troubleshooting.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Ow

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

There seems to be a CPU issue on the server side. We may also have to do several reboots of the server.

I will let everyone know when this is fixed.
    Ow

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    I started receiving DB errors this morning. I still have no root cause and I did not manually roll anything back. I am still troubleshooting.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
    They started yesterday afternoon for users around 2:16 PM. There were a couple of hours where the site was giving a too busy error and was inaccessible. After that the Activity Stream and anything based on the thread histories stopped working. For example the last post reported on the election thread is me at 2:16 but in the thread itself there are ongoing posts.

The too busy issue occurred two(?) days ago as well.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

I received a db error email a couple of days ago too, but when I logged on, everything seemed fine.

It seems to be working now. I've rebooted all servers. The CPU seems a bit overloaded still.

Crap...spoke too soon
    Ow

Still not working.

If I go on the Race for the White House thread, the last post was at 1:46 pm Friday by Paul Turnbull. Nothing more even though I made a couple of posts since.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Still not working.

If I go on the Race for the White House thread, the last post was at 1:46 pm Friday by Paul Turnbull. Nothing more even though I made a couple of posts since.

Update got a database error again
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Yup. Forums are borked

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Still not working.

That's probably a good thing.

LOL. Zing!

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

So far, so good.

There are new patches coming from vB that should alleviate future db issues.

Let me know if you find any more.
    Ow

Since the slowages seem to happen after 2pm could there be a rogue process spawned by cron.php?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Thanks. That is a good idea to check.
    Ow

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Can we get our "Thanks" button back?
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!