Thread: 23rd Avenue Northbound Ramp to Gateway Blvd. Lane Closure

Default 23rd Avenue Northbound Ramp to Gateway Blvd. Lane Closure

Anyone have a clue why they have put up those barriers on the West Lane of the two that head North off of 23rd Avenue to get onto Gateway Blvd. that have sat there now for 2 weeks with absolutely nothing being done?

It's a complete mess every morning after 7:30 a.m. and on Saturday when South Edmonton Common winds down late in the day.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Maybe it's a misguided art project.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Pretty sure they are fixing some deficiencies on the wall (for lack of a better word)

What wall?

Is there actually work going on right now as it seems to me that the barriers start nearly at street level with Gateway Blvd. and not on the ramp itself.

I can't say for sure, but when I've passed by, I've seen people working... they may be limited as to what they can do during the rush hours you pass by.

I have been told by the 311 People that Transportation doesn't seem to know anything about the barricades all of which are clearly well past the wall and are on level grade with Gateway Blvd.

I already left a message yesterday with Bryan Anderson's office as he usually calls me back in a few days. I was in high school at Scona when he taught and coached at Harry Ainley so I've known him for a long time.

There's a big steel plate over part of the lane.
    Edmontonian and proud of it!

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Heard on radio today at something to do with a water line.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonfan View Post
    There's a big steel plate over part of the lane.
    It is not a big plate at all. A big plate is the one that ATCO has on the NE corner of Argyll and Gateway over the curb lane.

Well, well. I got a call from the City. Until my call they didn't really know what was going on but now some action. A private contractor erected the barriers because the manhold had sunk a bit on Remembrance Day and despite the report being lodged with the City, no one noticed it.... So the barriers just sat there.

Now the contractor has agreed (been ordered?) to attend on Friday and bolt the metal plate in place and remove the barriers. Repairs will happen sometime soon - we hope.

Barriers are gone. Sign advising of steel plate in place. Steel plate is there where the manhole was.

That's kind of disconcerting that a private contractor can block traffic like that for no good reason and nobody at the city even notices. Then again, I guess this is a good example of why we, as citizens, should be proactive and communicate with the city and not assume that they know everything. Good job man from YEG. If you hadn't called who knows how long it might've stayed.

Hey I answered your question, no need to be such an arse about the size of the plate!
    Edmontonian and proud of it!

I guess humour does not translate well on these sites. Just trying to be Crocodile Dundee I was.....

That's not a knife.... this.. ..is a knife

I wonder if they are ever going to repair the problem now that the steel plate has been in place for a couple of months now?