Thread: 100.3 The Bear

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default 100.3 The Bear

Paul Brown is leaving the Bear morning show, is moving to LA
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Closer to the cocaine!
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Change (no more snow) can be a good thing. Best of Luck Mr. Brown.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

That must have been about the time I quit listening to radio... cause I don't even recognize his show or barely his name.

I worked as a phone jockey for a market-research company in the late 80s early 90s, and I'm pretty sure I participated in the surveys that led to the establishment of The Bear. The job was commissioned by whoever owned CFRN, and asked people what sort of music station they'd like to see in Edmonton.

Later on, when The Bear went on the air, a fellow phone-jockey joked that, instead of having asked to speak to the person with the next birthday in each house(as was the practice), those surveys must have asked to speak to the person with the next court appearance.

Now Scruff Connors I remember. I was 18 when The Bear went on air (fall of '92 IIRC) and he was pure genius, at least to my young ears. The Morning Squirt I do recall. Then one day he disappeared.

C2E Long Term Contributor

Paul Brown is now with JACK 96.9 in Vancouver, co-hosting the morning show with Michael Kuss (former meteorologist with A-Channel)
    http://www.jack969.com/2017/06/19/ne...n-drive-shows/
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Continued Contributor

^ I thought he was going to LA?

Maybe he couldn't get across the border
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal