Thread: Alt-language on c2e

Default Alt-language on c2e

Over the years I've seen the odd nickname used to describe fellow posters, political figures and other individuals on c2e (Maybe used some myself.)

Can we start making a list?

Some are pretty cute and creative, some just release pent up frustration, etc.
    Some even make me want to change my boring username initials to say: "MrWretchedToYou"

FAMOUS/INFAMOUS PEOPLE

Justin Trudeau:
    - tattoo tot
    - little potato
    - mr. selfie

Stephen Harper
    -

Donald Trump
    -

Hillary Clinton
    -

POSTERS / c2e USERS:

Gemini
    - "cupcake" (I forget who called Gemini "cupcake" )

KC
    - "wretched" something or other
    - "fool"
    -

buildthemhigh
    -B. High (by KC as a very troll-like move )

others?

buildthemhigh
    B.S.High by me
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Ahh I remember that. I hope I didn't take credit for your efforts, but just 'built' on them.

Trudeau got called 'Little Potato' when he went to China, from that it morphed to 'Tatter Tot'. He's not Mr. Selfie he has a higher rank than Mr. He's Captain Selfie for his prolific selfie shots with his fan club.

I don't recall getting called cupcake but I don't think it would have been said as a term of endearment.
    As for calling other posters names. Well, sometimes it's not just the names that cause laughs. It can be just the general put downs or replies to certain posters.

http://globalnews.ca/news/2923202/ju...trip-to-china/

Trudeau, well-known around the world for his use of social media, has been given the nickname “xiao tudou,” or “little potato,” as the name Trudeau sounds similar to the Mandarin word for potato.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Gemini, you are our sweet little cupcake...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Over the years I've seen the odd nickname used to describe fellow posters, political figures and other individuals on c2e (Maybe used some myself.)

POSTERS / c2e USERS:

Gemini

That would have probably been me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Gemini, you are our sweet little cupcake...
    You must be under the affluence of inkerhol.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I had mixed sentiments about this one, but a few posters were refering to Danielle Smith as "hubcaps" for a while.

I could make a list of posters and their nicknames, but I'm pretty sure this thread would run downhill very quickly afterwards...

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    I had mixed sentiments about this one, but a few posters were refering to Danielle Smith as "hubcaps" for a while.
    That was classic

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    I could make a list of posters and their nicknames, but I'm pretty sure this thread would run downhill very quickly afterwards...
    I thought I was already bottoming out by starting this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    That was classic

And of course, hubcaps are meant to cover up the nuts underneath.

KC, you just wanted to polish them...

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

interesting... i guess "Internet talk" isn't much different than "locker room talk" in outing character.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    interesting... i guess "Internet talk" isn't much different than "locker room talk" in outing character.
    Yup. We're all going to "spend eternity in a lake of fire" for this.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

i'm not sure where that came from (unless it's meant as satire) as i heartily and publicly detested those "eternity in a lake of fire" comments and the attitudes behind them.

my point here was that some of those deriding trump's inexcusable locker room language - and rightfully so - suddenly seem quite comfortable going down the same path here (i.e. KC, you just wanted to polish them...).

putting it out as humour - or excusing it as humour - shouldn't be any more acceptable than putting it out as locker room talk - or excusing it as locker room talk. that's like trying to excuse "spending eternity in a lake of fire" as nothing more than religious rhetoric. even if it was nothing more than religious rhetoric or locker room talk or internet talk doesn't make it acceptable.

and if that makes me a pompous old fool, i'm okay with that.

Heck, pretty mild 'locker room talk'

It is called comic relief. Remember, I am not the guy who painted the bust bus...

It is called comic relief. Remember, I am not the guy who painted the bust PRT...
    FTFY

<towel snap>

You, Me, in the locker room with wet towels at 10 paces... En Garde!

I will warn you that my wife still complains about the big dent that I made on the refrigerator door with the snap of a dish towel, when my big brother and I were doing dishes after the family reunion.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

It is called comic relief. Remember, I am not the guy who painted the bust bus...
    got it...

calling it religious rhetoric isn't okay. (it isn't).

calling it locker room talk isn't okay. (it isn't).

but calling it comic relief is okay? (it isn't).

just like your cute captioned photo, saying there's nothing to see here doesn't mean there's nothing to see here.

^Lighten up Ken. Somebody calling somebody a not to nice name on an internet forum is not usually considered an international incident. I've been posting on here for several years and I really have not seen anything that could be considered over the top. People have strong opinions but nobody promotes hate or harm. Sure some people bias shows but it's hardly an offence. Nobody is immune from being criticized for their posts. There are some who are way to sensitive to getting butt hurt over the slightest thing.

Gemini. You said bu**. That is offensive locker room talk. Your character is being judged and you are guilty until proven innocent.

Ken, if you have a real issue, report it to the Mods. Otherwise relax...

Gemini. You said bu**. That is offensive locker room talk. Your character is being judged and you are guilty until proven innocent.
    Oh, I better call Saul.

i'm not sure where that came from (unless it's meant as satire) as i heartily and publicly detested those "eternity in a lake of fire" comments and the attitudes behind them.

my point here was that some of those deriding trump's inexcusable locker room language - and rightfully so - suddenly seem quite comfortable going down the same path here (i.e. KC, you just wanted to polish them...).

putting it out as humour - or excusing it as humour - shouldn't be any more acceptable than putting it out as locker room talk - or excusing it as locker room talk. that's like trying to excuse "spending eternity in a lake of fire" as nothing more than religious rhetoric. even if it was nothing more than religious rhetoric or locker room talk or internet talk doesn't make it acceptable.

and if that makes me a pompous old fool, i'm okay with that.
    I was trying to be funny, in that my implying that the party members behind the hubcaps, were "nuts" isn't very respectful.

Added one:

Can we start making a list?

Some are pretty cute and creative, some just release pent up frustration, etc.
    Some even make me want to change my boring username initials to say: "MrWretchedToYou"

FAMOUS/INFAMOUS PEOPLE

Justin Trudeau:
    - tattoo tot
    - little potato
    - mr. selfie
    - slappy happy Trudeau (added)

Stephen Harper
    -

Donald Trump
    -

Hillary Clinton
    -

POSTERS / c2e USERS:

Gemini

KC
    - "wretched" something or other
    - "fool"
    -

buildthemhigh

others?

I was trying to be funny, in that my implying that the party members behind the hubcaps, were "nuts" isn't very respectful.
    You mean Wildrose party members. The term is spot on...

You mean Wildrose party members. The term is spot on...
    All this time I thought salted assorted nuts was requisite to Wild party membership.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"