Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Premier Notley's Second Year

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    ^ But a lot can happen over the next 2 years. Bill 6 is going to be Notley's downfall.

IMO
    I know, it gives me hope though.

C2E Posting Power

"retail sales in alberta have now surpassed the level prior to the downturn in world oil prices in late 2014," statistics canada said tuesday as it released the latest spending data.

C2E Continued Contributor

The rural vote is the king makers in Alberta. NDP passed them off, so they are done. End of their story.
    Stop illegal aliens! Enforce the LAW!

I see CECE is not going ahead with certain projects, so cuts to healthcare and school..oh my

bye bye NDP.

C2E Continued Contributor

Wats Cece?
    Stop illegal aliens! Enforce the LAW!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal Fang View Post
    Wats Cece?
    The guy that looks like part of the Addams family

( the Finance Minster)
    Last edited by H.L.; 24-08-2017 at 03:00 PM. Reason: TD showed me the correct spelling :)

HL is showing us her typical attention to detail in her posts & how well-informed she is on the issue by misspelling the 4-letter-long last name of Joe Ceci.

(And it's Addams Family)
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Addams family.

Good one H.L.

I'd rather C2E than work!

The rural vote is the king makers in Alberta. NDP passed them off, so they are done. End of their story.
    And Bill 6 did nothing but distance the NDP from rural Alberta.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post

Addams family.

Good one H.L.
    Thanks TD..I heard it when I was volunteering, it made me LOL..

Love it!!! But it wasn't the rural community at Jasons last meeting, or on FB. Good times!!

Bill 6 has had virtually no negative impact on anyone yet it's still talked about like some kind of ongoing atrocity that is ruining lives. It's a garbage talking point that people need to get over.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Bill 6 has had virtually no negative impact on anyone yet it's still talked about like some kind of ongoing atrocity that is ruining lives. It's a garbage talking point that people need to get over.
    And Bill 6 aligns extremely closely with Jean's own stated plan to deal with the issue, prior to the last election. Now however it's completely untenable simply because it's labour legislation put forward by leftists, so basically communism.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    Under 20% of Alberta's population is rural now - the percentage has been steadily declining for many, many decades. Even with smaller rural constituencies, they now have much less than 1/2 the seats. I don't think Bill 6 really matters as much as some think - much of the opposition rhetoric about it was very overblown and if people realize the sky is not falling before the next election, it will have even less impact.

Bill 6,7,8
    It's still bye bye NDP!!!.

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post
    Bill 6,7,8
    It's still bye bye NDP!!!.
    Maybe the Wildruse UCP are counting their chickens a bit too soon.

As confidence returns to Alberta, NDP budgeting can take a bow

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/08/27/as-confidence-returns-to-alberta-ndp-budgeting-can-take-a-bow

LOL! The Toronto sun.* snort*

GODDAMN DIPPERS ARE KILLIN' THE OILPATCH!

https://twitter.com/trevortombe/stat...47918537035778

Something something IT'S ALL GUBBERMENT JOBS if I recall the ultra-conservative think tanks last week.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

First One is Always Free

Kenny said he wasn't releasing a policy platform. That's scary. Brian Jean said if he was elected there would be a whole lot of hurtin' going on and belt tightening. Does the NDP have any competition yet?

Regards,
    Steve

That's why a lot of Albertan's are getting out of the o/g industry

http://www.edmontonsun.com/2017/07/0...-contradiction

Quote Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
    Kenny said he wasn't releasing a policy platform. That's scary. Brian Jean said if he was elected there would be a whole lot of hurtin' going on and belt tightening. Does the NDP have any competition yet?

Regards,
    Steve
    So Kenney is not releasing a platform. Sounds like the Seinfield show, a show about nothing. Brian Jean sounds like he's releasing a country and western song about a whole lot of hurtin'.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

He's not releasing a platform because he's not the leader of the UCP. There is no sense establishing a platform until somebody becomes leader.

Odd how you left out that detail

http://globalnews.ca/news/3640228/ja...te-in-alberta/
    Last edited by envaneo; 02-09-2017 at 11:40 AM.

He's not releasing a platform because he's not the leader of the UCP. There is no sense establishing a platform until somebody becomes leader.

I think that's being called: "Gutless"

He does answer all sorts of questions at his town hall meetings, and on FB. He sounds so good after Nutley and crew!

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

I think that's being called: "Gutless"
    One could also say its being responsible. He doesn't want to end up being another boy blunder

He does answer all sorts of questions at his town hall meetings, and on FB. He sounds so good after Nutley and crew!
    Agreed.

How many people have put their name in the UPC leadership race?

I hope Rona Ambrose puts her name in or even Daniel Smith. I'd vote for either 2 in a heart beat.

When is the UPC leadership vote anyway?

Agreed.

How many people have put their name in the UPC leadership race?

I hope Rona Ambrose puts her name in or even Daniel Smith. I'd vote for either 2 in a heart beat.

When is the UPC leadership vote anyway?

Rona wont, she's happy being out of the political zoo. Im not sure when they vote is..

^ Another good contender would be Doug Schweitzer. I like his ties to Jim Prentice

^ Another good contender would be Doug Schweitzer. I like his ties to Jim Prentice
    I'm not a fan of his, something about the guy..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...hool-1.4276383

Top_Dawg loves this.

Even the shameless PCs didn't stoop so low as to actively politic in front of captive elementary school children.

Top_Dawg would have expected this from scarecrow's duff.

But not from scarecrow herself.

Priceless.

^All left wingers in Education, one of the few safe audiences for Notley left, teachers and small children. My poor kids are forced to sit through Michael Moore documentaries. Might as well just make them watch CNN or other leftie news in class to effect the provinces entitlement brainwashing...

Grade 6 were seen laughing ( and yawning) what a twit!

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Pretty tone deaf on Notley's part, no question. Disappointing.

I don't dislike Notely even though I don't agree with her party politics. Giving political speeches on official openings of grade school should not be allowed. What was she thinking, oh she wasn't.
    "The man who does not read has no advantage over the man who cannot read." –Mark Twain

^ I hope rural Alberta comes out strong in the next election and outs this govt.

People north of Edmonton aren't too happy with the proposed transmission lines.

Ouch, I think the NDPs been ok, and I'm even wincing at the speech thing. You do not want to emulate Trump's speech to the Boy Scouts

^ I hope rural Alberta comes out strong in the next election and outs this govt.

You mean the one forced through by the PCs? The one RichardS is up in arms about, that the NDP had next to nothing to do with? That one? Yeah, they should totally run the NDP outta town & elect the Frankenstein's Monster version of the party that bent them over & screwed them in the first place! That'll show them city slickers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    I don't dislike Notely even though I don't agree with her party politics. Giving political speeches on official openings of grade school should not be allowed. What was she thinking, oh she wasn't.
    Well the school didn't magically rise out of an empty field all by itself. It was built because the government decided to do it. Some parties support building new schools, some may not, so it is actually quite relevant to the occasion.

Most kids have the attention span of goldfish. When it's a political speech it's probably less than that. Keep the politics for the adults as the kids just want to be kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Ouch, I think the NDPs been ok, and I'm even wincing at the speech thing. You do not want to emulate Trump's speech to the Boy Scouts
    Agree however Trump changed the way things are done. With all the crap and nonsense he pulled, he still won. Nice guys, smart guys, capable guys, experienced guys list to Trump's opportunistic and blatantly irresponsible and/or childish attacks on them and every other opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post

You mean the one forced through by the PCs? The one RichardS is up in arms about, that the NDP had next to nothing to do with? That one? Yeah, they should totally run the NDP outta town & elect the Frankenstein's Monster version of the party that bent them over & screwed them in the first place! That'll show them city slickers!
    I'm not referring to Heartland but this:

http://www.albertapowerline.com/The-Project/

So was I.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3712751/al...-were-ignored/

The root of the feeling from Skermer comes from the fact the project was deemed critical by the previous Progressive Conservative government, which allowed the line to be approved without the completion of a needs assessment. All that was up for debate was which route it would take.
    The PCs pushed it through, full stop. The fact the line is being built the way it is rests solely on their decision to deem it "critical".

If the NDP had tried to influence the AUC to kaibosh the line the conservative contingent would be up in arms about interference in an independent, quasi-judicial agency.

Agree however Trump changed the way things are done. With all the crap and nonsense he pulled, he still won. Nice guys, smart guys, capable guys, experienced guys list to Trump's opportunistic and blatantly irresponsible and/or childish attacks on them and every other opponent.

" You're going to be saying Merry Christmas again folks. "

I don't thin it is quite the same as Trump's Boy Scout speech. He wasn't there to open a Boy Scout building that his government provided funding for that other parties opposed funding.

One of the eternal joys of childhood is listening to various speeches from adults prattle on about things they don't really care about or appreciate. I am sure they will survive this one too.

So was I.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3712751/al...-were-ignored/

The root of the feeling from Skermer comes from the fact the project was deemed critical by the previous Progressive Conservative government, which allowed the line to be approved without the completion of a needs assessment. All that was up for debate was which route it would take.
    The PCs pushed it through, full stop. The fact the line is being built the way it is rests solely on their decision to deem it "critical".

If the NDP had tried to influence the AUC to kaibosh the line the conservative contingent would be up in arms about interference in an independent, quasi-judicial agency.
    I doubt the line was critical RN's Govt doesn't seem to be too eager to stop it now though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    One of the eternal joys of childhood is listening to various speeches from adults prattle on about things they don't really care about or appreciate. I am sure they will survive this one too.

Yeah, no kidding.

And 'course it eventually leads to eternal regret.

After it dawns on you exactly what the fuq that adult was droning on about.

And how much sense it makes twenty years later.

As opposed to the horseshit the little cheecho engaged in because he knew better.

I doubt the line was critical RN's Govt doesn't seem to be too eager to stop it now though.
    Because it's up to the AUC, an independent, quasi-judicial agency to cancel the line. Do you want the NDP meddling in the affairs of independent agencies?

Do you really think the NDP are all about a transmission line that's basically just an indirect subsidy to the big oilsands projects, providing them better access to the provincial power grid? No, of course not. But the PCs made a choice years ago that's tied a lot of hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Dawg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post

Yeah, no kidding.

And 'course it eventually leads to eternal regret.

After it dawns on you exactly what the fuq that adult was droning on about.

And how much sense it makes twenty years later.

As opposed to the horseshit the little cheecho engaged in because he knew better.
    20 years later, they wont even remember two seconds later. It probably sounded like: blah, blah, blah, yadda yadda, duh, oh, blah to them. Like having to sit through a church service as a kid, soul destroying.

Because it's up to the AUC, an independent, quasi-judicial agency to cancel the line. Do you want the NDP meddling in the affairs of independent agencies?

Do you really think the NDP are all about a transmission line that's basically just an indirect subsidy to the big oilsands projects, providing them better access to the provincial power grid? No, of course not. But the PCs made a choice years ago that's tied a lot of hands.
    Yes I realize this. Yes. More ammo to use against them.

There's no way for the NDP to do right in your eyes regardless of what they do. If they meddle with the AUC it'd be "look at the NDP trying to get their dirty socialist fingers in the works of the independent agency!" & now as they let things play out as the PCs laid them out to they "don't care about rural Alberta". You'll find some way of ignoring enough of the facts to make it all the NDP's fault, somehow.

Well, if it ain't a Notley (or is it a Trudeau) bump.

Oilsands expansion leads Canada to fastest GDP growth in nearly 2 decades - Calgary - CBC News

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/c...2017-1.4225955

But will it last???? http://business.financialpost.com/co...-in-2018-study

Where all these*cough* green jobs???

Alberta, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Saskatchewan had the highest percentage increases in the number of consumers and businesses unable to pay their debts in the 12-month period ending June 30, 2017, compared to the previous year. ..

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/saskatoon/insolvency-oil-producing-provinces-alberta-saskatchewan-nl-1.4273408
    Last edited by H.L.; 06-09-2017 at 11:48 PM.

First One is Always Free

I'm not a fan of his, something about the guy..
    Read tonight that he is against having a minimum wage of $15/hr, while the living wage in Edmonton is $16.31/hr.

The nice thing about paying carbon taxes is that I don't have to let eco-fascists make me feel guilty about my carbon footprint anymore. Now that we pay these taxes, the government has the money they need to cool the planet's air!

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post

The nice thing about paying carbon taxes is that I don't have to let eco-fascists make me feel guilty about my carbon footprint anymore. Now that we pay these taxes, the government has the money they need to cool the planet's air!
    And hopefully some revenue stability that the PCs repeatedly preferred to do without and so accentuated the boom-bust economic volatility and walked everyone into calamitous crisis management, knee jerk, slash and burn conditions that otherwise might have been conditions for generating greater future opportunities for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post

Just in our little area though..lol!

C2E Posting Power

Company defends Rachel Notley's support for the oilsands after Brian Jean attacks NDP

An oilsands company is defending the Alberta NDP government, after a United Conservative Party leadership candidate accused Premier Rachel Notley of wanting to shut down the industry.UCP leadership hopeful Brian Jean told a roomful of oilsands professionals Tuesday that Notley and the the NDP wanted to "close down the oilsands."
    But one day after Jean's comments, Satoshi Abe, the president of Japan Canada Oil Sands Ltd. (JACOS), said he supports the carbon tax."I think, not only for us, but all energy companies know that we have to address the concerns of climate change," Abe said Wednesday. "I would like the government to take the leadership on that."

I like how the Japanese investment firm said they can turn a profit of $40 Oil. Hangingstone might just be the catalyst to get other's to limb on board. I hate to say this, but good on you RN

This just in: companies adjust and operate within constantly changing regulatory frameworks. Changes that are good for humanity get applauded after the initial outrage. I recall some disgruntlement when a government close by decided that slavery wasn't a good idea anymore. Businesses survived.

Thanks Guzuki.

I like how the Japanese investment firm said they can turn a profit of $40 Oil. Hangingstone might just be the catalyst to get other's to limb on board.
    You think they'd say they couldn't, on camera?
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

Its ~ a $2B project. They could have said something like. "We'll see how it goes,"

This isn't some small potatoes mom and pop operation. What they say publicly has real world ramifications, especially around stock price. If they say they're on board with a carbon tax, they're on board with it.

The fact that they are willing to invest here at all speaks to their confidence in the oil patch.

I got to give it to the RN Govt. on this one though.

Their investment began long before RN came on the scene. Now they're trying to protect their sunk costs.
    I feel in no way entitled to your opinion...

^ Its a good project regardless

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456