Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Toronto Star: 8 places to eat and drink in Edmonton

  1. #1
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    30,500

    Default Toronto Star: 8 places to eat and drink in Edmonton

    Toronto Star: 8 places to eat and drink in Edmonton
    Alberta’s capital is emerging as a culinary destination
    https://www.thestar.com/life/travel/...-edmonton.html
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

  2. #2

    Default

    Good to see a list compiled by someone who knows what they're talking about.

    Good list too.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

  3. #3
    C2E Long Term Contributor
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    44,686

    Default

    Many expats have told me how impressed they are with how our food scene has evolved in the last year or two.
    www.decl.org

    Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Good to see a list compiled by someone who knows what they're talking about.

    Good list too.
    Do you say that because you know the writer (a freelancer based in Toronto) or just agree with her? Looks like just another listicle, this time about food. Are we so insecure that we think that if someone likes us they know what they're talking about?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Good to see a list compiled by someone who knows what they're talking about.

    Good list too.
    Do you say that because you know the writer (a freelancer based in Toronto) or just agree with her? Looks like just another listicle, this time about food. Are we so insecure that we think that if someone likes us they know what they're talking about?

    All hail Spudly, who proves his worth with his writing.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Good to see a list compiled by someone who knows what they're talking about.

    Good list too.
    Do you say that because you know the writer (a freelancer based in Toronto) or just agree with her? Looks like just another listicle, this time about food. Are we so insecure that we think that if someone likes us they know what they're talking about?

    All hail Spudly, who proves his worth with his writing.
    Are you on the Up side of your cycle or what?

    What signifies that this writer knows what she's talking about? Just because you agree? There's nothing in that meager listicle to even suggest she's been to any of those places, just material that likely could have been cadged from any number of places, no photos, nor insight into what the places are like.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Good to see a list compiled by someone who knows what they're talking about.

    Good list too.
    Do you say that because you know the writer (a freelancer based in Toronto) or just agree with her? Looks like just another listicle, this time about food. Are we so insecure that we think that if someone likes us they know what they're talking about?

    All hail Spudly, who proves his worth with his writing.
    Are you on the Up side of your cycle or what?

    What signifies that this writer knows what she's talking about? Just because you agree? There's nothing in that meager listicle to even suggest she's been to any of those places, just material that likely could have been cadged from any number of places, no photos, nor insight into what the places are like.
    Well that's better put than your first post, but you're not convincing me of much either, unless you're sad that RIZ Asian kitchen didn't make the cut.

    I clearly demarked the list from the writer, answering your 'question' before you asked it.

    People think I write something other than my own thoughts? That said is worth anything more or less than said? Then what, pray tell? Take what's written or don't would be my advice.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

  8. #8

    Default

    I don't think any of us can keep up with your word-salad this afternoon JayBee. But you clearly stated "Good to see a list compiled by someone who knows what they're talking about." without any indication that you know they do except you agreed. Or something. Maybe I missed the "clearly demarked" part somewhere.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

  9. #9

    Default

    wtf?

    Should I post my linked-in page or something?


    And I posted two, just two sentences: one about the writer (for whatever I know, and take it or leave it but I'm not posting my resume either) and one about the list (ditto. obviously ditto .) How is that not demarked? They were on different lines ffs.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

  10. #10

    Default

    Ummm... Whatever has this got to do with your credentials?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

  11. #11

    Default

    ^ you're not familiar with LinkedIn?

    So anyways, what's wrong with the list?
    Let's make Edmonton better.

  12. #12

    Default

    List sounds about right. Good choices

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •