Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Edmonton Eskimos 2017 Season

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Notley and Trudeau think we should have a conversation about changing the Eskimos name.

Interviewer: Do you think the Edmonton Eskimos should change their name.
    Fan:. No
    Interviewer: Thank you, that's what 99.99% of others think.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ticle37050484/
    This political correctness has gotten far too out of hand. It isn't about right or wrong, it's all a struggle for power (over others). It's now at a point where some people feel the need to be offended ON BEHALF of others. That in itself is wrong on so many levels. If there was an outcry from said group or community, absolutely, let's talk about solutions. If there is only a small handful of that group with concerns, that's not enough to warrant wholesale changes. The 1% shouldn't dictate the other 99%. I have yet to meet an indigenous person who had any problems with the Eskimos moniker. It is viewed as a nod to their heritage and culture. Alaskan indigenous peoples (still) prefer the name, and are regularly referred to as "Eskimos" (without prejudice). For example, I'm a cowboy. If someone were to say that people shouldn't refer to me as a cowboy because it's an offensive term/label, I would certainly have a problem with that. Someone speaking (or making decisions) on my behalf would p*ss me right off. Let's let the ENTIRE indigenous community speak first before spouting off this kind of garbage.
    Last edited by Think BIGGER; 25-11-2017 at 12:54 AM.

C2E Long Term Contributor

^ Isn't that where the "should have a conversation" bit comes in?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Think BIGGER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Notley and Trudeau think we should have a conversation about changing the Eskimos name.

Interviewer: Do you think the Edmonton Eskimos should change their name.
    Fan:. No
    Interviewer: Thank you, that's what 99.99% of others think.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/spor...ticle37050484/
    This political correctness has gotten far too out of hand. It isn't about right or wrong, it's all a struggle for power (over others). It's now at a point where some people feel the need to be offended ON BEHALF of others. That in itself is wrong on so many levels. If there was an outcry from said group or community, absolutely, let's talk about solutions. If there is only a small handful of that group with concerns, that's not enough to warrant wholesale changes. The 1% shouldn't dictate the other 99%. I have yet to meet an indigenous person who had any problems with the Eskimos moniker. It is viewed as a nod to their heritage and culture. Alaskan indigenous peoples (still) prefer the name, and are regularly referred to as "Eskimos" (without prejudice). For example, I'm a cowboy. If someone were to say that people shouldn't refer to me as a cowboy because it's an offensive term/label, I would certainly have a problem with that. Someone speaking (or making decisions) on my behalf would p*ss me right off. Let's let the ENTIRE indigenous community speak first before spouting off this kind of garbage.
    apples and oranges... you can choose to be a cowboy or not and you can change your mind from day to day or week to week if you choose.

that’s the difference between the oilers and the eskimos. one is a chosen avocation, the other is a cultural identity where there is no choice to belong or not belong - you can’t resign and you can’t join as if it’s some kind of club.

and an anecdotal “i’be never met an objector” simply speaks to limited exposure and the choice to discount the many objectors - individual and group - who have been widely quoted in many media and do so with the moral authority to speak for themselves.

i did not always feel this way - i have friends who proudly wore the jersey and remained involved with the team and know that the name was always honoured and used with respect. but i have grown to realize that may no longer be enough to continue the practice.

are there larger problems in the overall relationship when we look at this? absolutely. but sometimes it’s the respect shown in solving the small ones that help start to solve the big ones as well.
    Last edited by kcantor; 25-11-2017 at 12:22 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

This is an important issue and an issue that has reached national exposure. This is all part of the national reconciliation process and is not just an Edmonton thing. The Eskimo's have a huge opportunity here to move the conversation forward in the off season.

I mentioned Commonwealth Stadium ought to have a name change as well because just the word Commonwealth in my mind evokes images of a colonial era. Sure football isn't our national sport but by changing the name of Commonwealth to Reilly field does one of 2 things: It honors (arguably) the greatest Edmonton CFL player in Edmonton's football history, and by changing the name to Reilly field reaches out to our indigenous heritage and contributes in a meaningful way to the reconciliation process at the same time.
    Our indigenous people in my city imo have been bullied and have been ignored for far too long.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    This is an important issue and an issue that has reached national exposure. This is all part of the national reconciliation process and is not just an Edmonton thing. The Eskimo's have a huge opportunity here to move the conversation forward in the off season.

I mentioned Commonwealth Stadium ought to have a name change as well because just the word Commonwealth in my mind evokes images of a colonial era. Sure football isn't our national sport but by changing the name of Commonwealth to Reilly field does one of 2 things: It honors (arguably) the greatest Edmonton CFL player in Edmonton's football history, and by changing the name to Reilly field reaches out to our indigenous heritage and contributes in a meaningful way to the reconciliation process at the same time.
    Our indigenous people in my city imo have been bullied and have been ignored for far too long.
    except it wasn't named to commemorate a colonial past, it was named after the commonwealth games for which it was built. at that time the commonwealth wasn't representing a series of colonies as much as it was and still strives to be an assembly of equal nations - at least in principal - across the world with a shared history and common aspirations.

C2E Continued Contributor

Might as well just give everyone a number instead of a name, and number buildings instead of giving them names so we can stop this madness of people's feelings from being hurt from every little word. Person 43325 is visiting building 17A4 to watch City 859's sports team the 7789's play.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Yeah... lets just pretend our awful white man history never occurred. That will solve the issue.
    Time spent in the Rockies is never deducted from the rest of your life

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lobbdogg View Post

Might as well just give everyone a number instead of a name, and number buildings instead of giving them names so we can stop this madness of people's feelings from being hurt from every little word. Person 43325 is visiting building 17A4 to watch City 859's sports team the 7789's play.
    That's a bit extreme and 1984 has come and gone, unless you buy into Alex Jones.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kitlope View Post

Yeah... lets just pretend our awful white man history never occurred. That will solve the issue.
    Rewriting history is a slippery slope and almost impossible to accomplish in 2017.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

except it wasn't named to commemorate a colonial past, it was named after the commonwealth games for which it was built. at that time the commonwealth wasn't representing a series of colonies as much as it was and still strives to be an assembly of equal nations - at least in principal - across the world with a shared history and common aspirations.
    As I said above in my mind the word Commonwealth evokes images of a colonial era. In 1978 I was doing telemarketing in Calgary selling over the phone Commonwealth games cups, trinkets, etc to the people of Calgary 2 years before the Commonwealth games began. How's that for a hard sell? Yet, I get what your trying to communicate and all. Thanks.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Wow. Quite the Shania half time show. Got the people warmed right up. Had to crank it up and enjoy. I feel like a woman !! Lol

Nice fumble Stamps.

Nice to see Ricky Ray get it.

That last Calgary play call is going to make for a lot of chatter...
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Shoulda coulda woulda kicked a field goal.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 26-11-2017 at 09:58 PM.

Pleased for RR! I didn't care who won, I dislike both teams..Calgary a little more

That last Calgary play call is going to make for a lot of chatter...
    Fact.!

Loved Shania

Looks like the old white mare choked again in the homestretch.

Is there a bigger chock club in all of pro sports than the Stamps?

lol

There goes the Stamps GC parade plans..
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Like I said upthread, I lost all interest in the GC after the Esks went out. Didn't watch the game, but happy to see Cowtown crash.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Toronto won the Grey Cup on a handful of big plays, despite being outplayed.

Calgary must feel the same way the Eskimos did back in 2002 (Esks outplayed the opponent, but lost the Grey Cup on a couple of big plays by the Als)

and an anecdotal “i’be never met an objector” simply speaks to limited exposure and the choice to discount the many objectors - individual and group - who have been widely quoted in many media and do so with the moral authority to speak for themselves.

The many ?

Really ?

Top_Dawg can probly count them on one paw.

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Like I said upthread, I lost all interest in the GC after the Esks went out. Didn't watch the game, but happy to see Cowtown crash.
    Calgary busy throwing one another under the bus! Too funny...

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    Toronto won the Grey Cup on a handful of big plays, despite being outplayed.

Calgary must feel the same way the Eskimos did back in 2002 (Esks outplayed the opponent, but lost the Grey Cup on a couple of big plays by the Als)
    I was at that game, that was a tough one to watch. Nobody disputing Argos had some luck, just funny that Stamps choked yet again. Reminds me of the saying that any Calgary dynasty is one...
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

A nine team league leads to some interesting hires.

Esks trade QB James Franklin to the Toronto Argonauts in exchange for National OL Mason Woods and 2018 3rd round pick

Glad hed got traded to an eastern conference team and not SK or BC. He's going to be a great starter, only a backup because we have Reilly
    ... gobsmacked

A sad day but you knew it would happen. I much would have preferred that the Esks work Franklin in with Reilly how the org did decades ago with Wilkinson and Moon. Giving Moon gradually more time and initially as understudy change up. Not only was that effective it pretty much sealed the Esks dynasty those years.

I love Reilly but I can't see more than 2-3 effective years in the tank at which point we are back to zero quarterbackville.

Seems ugly to gift Franklin to the Argos and now giving them the starting and backup QB so that the Argos can execute the handover that we should have been doing.

3rd pick and a O lineman? jebus. How do you not parlay that at least to a first pick. This is Franklin, imo the best young QB in the league.

Could you imagine if a Ray-Franklin tandem now becomes a vaunted powerhouse and they claim a Grey Cup on Esks turf next season?

This stinks.

I kept hearing that Ricky Ray was considering retirement after the recent Grey Cup win, so I was not surprised by this trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    A sad day but you knew it would happen. I much would have preferred that the Esks work Franklin in with Reilly how the org did decades ago with Wilkinson and Moon. Giving Moon gradually more time and initially as understudy change up. Not only was that effective it pretty much sealed the Esks dynasty those years.

I love Reilly but I can't see more than 2-3 effective years in the tank at which point we are back to zero quarterbackville.

Seems ugly to gift Franklin to the Argos and now giving them the starting and backup QB so that the Argos can execute the handover that we should have been doing.

3rd pick and a O lineman? jebus. How do you not parlay that at least to a first pick. This is Franklin, imo the best young QB in the league.

Could you imagine if a Ray-Franklin tandem now becomes a vaunted powerhouse and they claim a Grey Cup on Esks turf next season?

This stinks.

Moon and Wilkie were playing in an era that didn't have free agency. It was a matter of getting something for Franklin, paying him a starter's salary and letting him know that he will be the starter or letting him go for nothing during free agency.

The Eskimos traded away their third round pick (as I heard it).

I can't imagine Ray and Franklin being a tandem unless some salary expectations are altered.

It stinks but was probably inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    I kept hearing that Ricky Ray was considering retirement after the recent Grey Cup win, so I was not surprised by this trade.
    I've heard comments he's considering coming back. it would be a somewhat reduced capacity and I could really see RR being a great mentor for Franklin. Would be a nice way to go out albeit GC win is fantastic to. The coaching staff and team really love Ray and so I think they will try to encourage him back. That a player is considering it often means they will be back in some capacity. Not ruling out Ray as coach/head coach some day or in management. If he has interest.

I think if the O-lineman we got for him is Canadian, and good enough to be a starter, then it was a good trade. The Esks used up 2 international spots by starting 2 American O-lineman every game last season, which made it difficult to fill skill positions on defense with American players after getting all those injuries on defense.

CFL executive Rick LeLacheur named B.C. Lions' 30th president

LeLacheur was the president and CEO of the Edmonton Eskimos from 2002 to 2011. He will start his new job in January.

http://www.metronews.ca/sports/2017/...=1513630195120

The Lions are welcome to have him so that he can drive them into the ground too.

Any other NFL fans think an expansion to league should take place? I think it's time we revisit this idea. Victoria, BC, Saskatoon, Quebec city and Halifax should have teams in the league now as their population can sustain a 25-30k fan catchment once a week. The league is stale right now? and they need to revitalize it. Any thoughts?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

The cfl has been to Atlantic Canada within the last few years. I don't think the league has any appetite for expanding anywhere. I think the failure of the US expansion years still leaves a bad taste in the mouth of the cfl.

That was stupid of them when they did that. Halifax wanted a team and Victoria had 300-350k and they should have been part of it. Going into the US was not a bad thing. The mistake they made, imo, was that they wen too south into the NFL's back door. What should have been done was target cities close to our border such as Portland, and go for places where there were no profession franchise of any sort regardless of what discipline it was.

Ex-Eskimos receiver Brandon Zylstra joins Minnesota Vikings team he grew up watching

http://edmontonsun.com/sports/footba...ew-up-watching

C2E SME

Good luck Brandon.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Great, great player. Sure felt like I was watching someone special. Sure hope he comes back, somewhat selfish to wish that, but the kid has legendary resolve and with a career here could go down as an Eskimo great.

Wow this is tough. we've now lost Franklin and Zylstra. Franklin imo was our QBing future.

There has been numerous times an Eskimo player that went to the NFL but didn't make it and return back to Edmonton.

C2E Posting Power

Great, great player. Sure felt like I was watching someone special. Sure hope he comes back, somewhat selfish to wish that, but the kid has legendary resolve and with a career here could go down as an Eskimo great.

Wow this is tough. we've now lost Franklin and Zylstra. Franklin imo was our QBing future.
    Franklin leaving stings...what's with the Argo's stealing our QB's....btw - Zylstra doens't have a chance in hell being a starter in the NFL - might play a few downs...but heck he'll make 10X more keeping their bench all warm then he would playing here....

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    There has been numerous times an Eskimo player that went to the NFL but didn't make it and return back to Edmonton.
    "Captain Obvious" strikes again!!!!!!

Franklin doesn't have to start to make a lot more money that he'd ever be paid up here. He'll be missed. I'd love to see him back here.

Again, people, Franklin wasn't gonna get much playing time here while Reilly cranks out MOP-winning seasons whereas the Argos are likely losing Ricky Ray to retirement sooner or later. So in the bigger picture it's a good deal for all involved (assuming the Esks acquisitions pan out). It's no different from when Matt Nichols went to the Bombers a couple seasons ago.

As for Brandon Zylstra, it hurts losing him but he deserves the opportunity to play for his hometown. If he doesn't make it then chances are good that he'll be back with us.

Lose Zylstra - for awhile anywqay- get Derel Walker back. Suddenly the Eskies aree back being a franchise that finds and signs players that everyone else wants!Now, that bit of CFL said, Sunday's NFL offerings were, simply put, better than anyone in Holywood could possible script.First, Panthers make the Philly game look like it's gonna be a snoozer, before Big Ben roars back, Panthers respond and, but for a trio of bonehead fourth down play calls, the Eagles might have stormed back yet again and won.Then Minny / N.O. Oh man, does it get any better / crazier? Like, ever?
    ... gobsmacked

As long as we have a promising young third stringer Eskies can develop - sweet; another QB who can drop back, roll out, take off: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...lenn-1.4488257
    ... gobsmacked

Eskimos sign Kevin Glenn as a backup QB. The only CFL QB to play for every team.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Eskimos sign Kevin Glenn as a backup QB. The only CFL QB to play for every team.
    he is the only player, not just the only qb, who’s contract rights have been owned by every team in the cfl. i don’t think he actually played for all of them but still an interesting accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    The obvious flipside being a QB so ordinary that he has managed to be flipped around to every team in the CFL while having negligible value to any of them. The Kevin Glenn most recently remembered, and the one that the Eskimos are acquiring was the one that looked better every game holding a clipboard while Brandon Bridge, a rookie, came in to save the day almost every week.

I don't know why, but obtaining Glenn while losing Franklin bothers me more now. We got the useless vet, we gave the Argos the future QB in this league. The only doubt I have that Franklin will be an allstar in this league is predicated on him being ultimately too good to remain in this league.

It wasn't a question of Franklin or Glenn. It was a question of Franklin or Reilly.

Glenn is just some sort of weird insurance policy that you don't ever want to use.

Quote Originally Posted by SP59 View Post
    It wasn't a question of Franklin or Glenn. It was a question of Franklin or Reilly.

Glenn is just some sort of weird insurance policy that you don't ever want to use.
    Agreed entirely. But I have an illogical belief in Murphy's law and somehow think and expect we will be seeing Glenn throwing the ball. That this would have to be the season that Reilly is out with injury again. Maybe just bad memories of the years before Reilly where we had anybody could be QB days here.

Grant Shaw is slamming Terry Jones on Twitter for Jones slamming Willis. Shaw says that 99 per cent of players don't want to talk to Jones.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^ What's TJ slamming Willis over the 2 trade transfers?

Here is what Terry Jones posted on twitter:

Not one bit surprised that Odell Willis is gone. Was never a big fan of the admittedly colourful and highly popular talented player. He was a "me, me, me" guy not a "we, we, we guy.' Hit his "best before" date about mid-season last year.

Aaron Grymes re-signs with the Esks for another season.

That's a solid re-signing for us. Our defence is shaping up to be pretty good this year.

The Edmonton Eskimos football team is asking its core fans whether it should change its name.The question has come up in the team's annual survey of season ticket holders. This is the first time the question has been formally posed to fans, but that doesn't necessarily mean a name change is going to happen.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...rvey-1.4534123
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post

That's a solid re-signing for us. Our defence is shaping up to be pretty good this year.
    Ladner, Willis, Hunt, Cummings all gone. Those were among the half dozen best defenders we had. Only ones left are Sewell and Grymes albeit Grymes is too small to even be a factor in run stop and were extremely weak at linebacker even with Sherritt back who is another declining asset.

The D was lousy last season. Its arguably worse now.

Ladner, Willis, Hunt, Cummings all gone. Those were among the half dozen best defenders we had. Only ones left are Sewell and Grymes albeit Grymes is too small to even be a factor in run stop and were extremely weak at linebacker even with Sherritt back who is another declining asset.

Willis on the downside of his career.
    Hunt over 30 and is planning on retiring.
    Cummings and Ladler I agree with but we have a lot of guys who are capable to step in and take both of their places. Chris Edwards can step in and fill Ladler's position. Da'Quan Bowers will step in and play well in Cummings position. Don't forget, JC Sheritt and Cory Greenwood come back this year. Alex Bazzie, who was signed from BC, will step in and play well here.

I guess we are watching two different teams because I didn't think our defence was THAT lousy last year.

Cummings and Ladler I agree with but we have a lot of guys who are capable to step in and take both of their places. Chris Edwards can step in and fill Ladler's position. Da'Quan Bowers will step in and play well in Cummings position. Don't forget, JC Sheritt and Cory Greenwood come back this year. Alex Bazzie, who was signed from BC, will step in and play well here.

I guess we are watching two different teams because I didn't think our defence was THAT lousy last year.
    Esks D was not against pass or run last season and gave up a lot of pts and yds. Consistently. The Esks D was porous.

You think Chris Edwards is going to fill for Ladler? I barely recall Edwards ever making a play. He's special teams right?

tbh I don't remember who Cory Greenwood is. Primarily because he hasn't played a single game for the Eskimos.

Sherritt? Anything you say about Willis applies more to Sherritt. We don't even know if he can ball after yet another serious year ending injury and getting older. Bower is good, agreed on that.

Alex Bazzie, I don't think I've been watching the Leos much. Don't know enough about him.

My interest in the Eskimos is at an alltime low with Maas coaching decisions and Sunderland losing so many key players in the offseason. To me its Like Chia making the Oilers worse after the latest offseason. I don't think theres a lot with the Esks this season to be excited about. CFL officiating and challenge review has also soured me on the product. Just no point spending 3hrs watching a lot of games just to get aggravated. I find the incompetent officiating influences to many games.

Esks D was not against pass or run last season and gave up a lot of pts and yds. Consistently. The Esks D was porous.

You think Chris Edwards is going to fill for Ladler? I barely recall Edwards ever making a play. He's special teams right?

tbh I don't remember who Cory Greenwood is. Primarily because he hasn't played a single game for the Eskimos.

Sherritt? Anything you say about Willis applies more to Sherritt. We don't even know if he can ball after yet another serious year ending injury and getting older. Bower is good, agreed on that.

Alex Bazzie, I don't think I've been watching the Leos much. Don't know enough about him.

My interest in the Eskimos is at an alltime low with Maas coaching decisions and Sunderland losing so many key players in the offseason. To me its Like Chia making the Oilers worse after the latest offseason. I don't think theres a lot with the Esks this season to be excited about. CFL officiating and challenge review has also soured me on the product. Just no point spending 3hrs watching a lot of games just to get aggravated. I find the incompetent officiating influences to many games.
    Nah, you're so wrong on Sheritt. This is the same guy who is a major backbone of the defense. Willis didn't play at times last year. There's a reason for that. He's on the back nine of his career. As a rush end, which he basically is, you need speed and he's losing that in spades.

Greenwood and Sheritt but tore their ACL's last year. So you're right, you wouldn't remember him

Are you one of those people who is upset we let go of Bowman, who couldn't stay healthy last year, was making WAYYYYY too much money going into this season and who's being pushed out by better, younger talent? I think people need to realize this is a what have you done for me now business. Both Willis and Bowman aren't up to snuff anymore.

I'm with you on Maas. I'm not a fan of his at all. He's been an awful, awful head coach. But letting go of Hervey was the dumbest thing this franchise has done in years. I think we can agree on that. I don't blame Sunderland for anything.

I'd much rather watch the CFL over the NFL. That stupid "catch" rule they have is so bloody ridiculous. How they can't determine what a catch is boggles the mind. Only good thing about the NFL is that fantasy football makes it very relevant. I do agree that the officiating is horrible but it's that way in both leagues. One just covers it up well with billions of dollars of pre-game festivities and over-hype. I love both leagues but officiating is bad in every league and sport(NHL-goalie interference rule comes to mind).

^ Its a combination of things why I've turned the channel on the Esks

These were my favorite Esks players/staff;

Reilly
    Zylstra
    Willis
    Bowman
    Ladler
    Franklin
    McCoil
    Hervey
    Jones
    Sewell

Two of them remain. Sometimes with an org theres such a complete cull of the org that as a fan theres no longer anything you connect with.

I'll miss watching Reilly. Not much else.

Just turned the page really. The Esks have become a hard org to follow. Have been since the Macciocia era.

ps Sherritt is age 30 coming off a very serious season ending injury. That has had increased injuries. Like I said nobody even knows if he can play pro ball after that. Its not wrong to question it, its an unknown at this point.

I think Sherritt will be Ok, But he's small and not an effective runstop anyway. Esks are poor at runstop and particularly small on D with guys like Gryme and Sherritt being relied on.
    Last edited by Replacement; 21-02-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Reilly
    Zylstra
    Willis
    Bowman
    Ladler
    Franklin
    McCoil
    Hervey
    Jones
    Sewell

Two of them remain. Sometimes with an org theres such a complete cull of the org that as a fan theres no longer anything you connect with.

Just turned the page really. The Esks have become a hard org to follow. Have been since the Macciocia era.

ps Sherritt is age 30 coming off a very serious season ending injury. That has had increased injuries. Like I said nobody even knows if he can play pro ball after that. Its not wrong to question it, its an unknown at this point.

I think Sherritt will be Ok, But he's small and not an effective runstop anyway. Esks are poor at runstop and particularly small on D with guys like Gryme and Sherritt being relied on.
    so the esks are a hard org [for you] to follow because there's been too much change and the oilers are a hard org [for you] to follow because there hasn't been enough?

if i were a shrink, i would advise you to take a deep breath, relax and enjoy life rather than getting hung up on how terrible everything is and how you know how much more terrible everything is and why than anyone else does.

it's hard to believe you turn the page on anything when you can't even help but edit your own post to add yet more to what you turned the page on...
    Last edited by kcantor; 21-02-2018 at 03:30 PM.

Reilly
    Zylstra
    Willis
    Bowman
    Ladler
    Franklin
    McCoil
    Hervey
    Jones
    Sewell

so the esks are a hard org [for you] to follow because there's been too much change and the oilers are a hard org [for you] to follow because there hasn't been enough?

if i were a shrink, i would advise you to take a deep breath, relax and enjoy life rather than getting hung up on how terrible everything is and how you know how much more terrible everything is and why than anyone else does.

it's hard to believe you turn the page on anything when you can't even help but edit your own post to add yet more to what you turned the page on...
    I barely follow the club in the offseason which is uncharacteristic. I watch very few CFL games anymore. Basically just the Esks games and not even all of them so really turning the page on the product. Didn't go to any games last season. Also new.

I do watch the Oilers, continue to, while realizing the org is bad that we have several players left that Chia hasn't traded yet are good and worth watching.

People just move onto different things. I'm positive about the Citadel Theatre, Music, Hiking, cycling, camping, nature, mountains, snowshoeing, river valley, Every winter festival Edmonton has, positive about Heritage festival.

While we do move on that uniformly takes time if we've had a relationship with something for 50yrs. So that it doesn't automatically go away in a moments notice.

Theres probably things you lose interest in but still half heartedly follow.

ps I am obsessive, obviously, that is part of my personality, and thus editing. the editing being also that I feel the reader has a right to at east an edited post with less typos, less false auto corrects, and less mistakes.

ps I edited this post.

pps you also categorized. I don't want more player change, I want more player continuity. To be clear, with the Oilers or Esks. Keep good players. accrue them

ppps -I'm obsessive...
    Last edited by Replacement; 21-02-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

... I'm positive about the Citadel Theatre, Music, Hiking, cycling, camping, nature, mountains, snowshoeing, river valley, Every winter festival Edmonton has, positive about Heritage festival.
    maybe you should post more on some of those things and less (or shorter) on some of the others?

... I'm positive about the Citadel Theatre, Music, Hiking, cycling, camping, nature, mountains, snowshoeing, river valley, Every winter festival Edmonton has, positive about Heritage festival.
    maybe you should post more on some of those things and less (or shorter) on some of the others?
    I do post a lot on those things as well whenever they come up and often initiate bringing them up. The interest in those things is oddly rare here even though the River Valley, and the festivals in it are some of the best things about Edmonton. So that when I post on any of those themes theres not usually a lot of response. When I post on hockey or football theres response. Obviously if I post on political things theres lot of response as that is often the majority posting on this board strangely enough.

Also this quote out of context from you; "and how you know how much more" I think is unfair and I wasn't presuming to know more than the other poster. I even commented that I didn't have requisite familiarity with some of the players. I was just surprised at how somebody felt the D would be better this season when several starring players on D were lost to the team. I did mention something about LTI injury prognosis as I do know that a lot of football players are not ever the same after serious injury.

In anycase it doesn't matter what I post here because typecasting occurs serially here and once a poster is deemed something the view here never really changes. Its that type of board. So that I post as much for people that are reading and lurking than I do for people actually posting and flamebaiting each other endlessly (not saying you)

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

I do post a lot on those things as well whenever they come up and often initiate bringing them up. The interest in those things is oddly rare here even though the River Valley, and the festivals in it are some of the best things about Edmonton. So that when I post on any of those themes theres not usually a lot of response. When I post on hockey or football theres response. Obviously if I post on political things theres lot of response as that is often the majority posting on this board strangely enough.

Also this quote out of context from you; "and how you know how much more" I think is unfair and I wasn't presuming to know more than the other poster. I even commented that I didn't have requisite familiarity with some of the players. I was just surprised at how somebody felt the D would be better this season when several starring players on D were lost to the team. I did mention something about LTI injury prognosis as I do know that a lot of football players are not ever the same after serious injury.

In anycase it doesn't matter what I post here because typecasting occurs serially here and once a poster is deemed something the view here never really changes. Its that type of board. So that I post as much for people that are reading and lurking than I do for people actually posting and flamebaiting each other endlessly (not saying you)
    emphasis added...

i was only commenting - and light-heartedly at that - on the perception/response your posts tend to portray, not you. as the english might now say... carry on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345