Thread: New Photo Swap Facebook Group

Default New Photo Swap Facebook Group

I started this group in hopes of finding and enjoying pictures of Edmonton. A big thing I would like is the ablity to request pictures of a certain part of Edmonton from a certian year.

Example - West Edmonton Mall in the mid 1980's

The more people the better so please spread the word.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165998693901326/

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by killerkobra View Post
    I started this group in hopes of finding and enjoying pictures of Edmonton. A big thing I would like is the ablity to request pictures of a certain part of Edmonton from a certian year.

Example - West Edmonton Mall in the mid 1980's

The more people the better so please spread the word.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/165998693901326/

Thanks
    Spread the word, yes, will so.

Also, I hope you do the same for connect2edmonton by distributing links and mention of the site and all it has to offer.

As an aside, just yesterday I was on Whyte Ave in a basement store called the junk cellar or something, and spotted an old slightly damaged Edmonton postcard showing the Legislature and buildings on the horizon. Cost $1.00. I want to scan it to see more on the computer screen. Not sure about copywrite issues so I won't post until I know, it but for a buck, it's cheap entertainment.
    Last edited by KC; 13-02-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Please join and post all the links you want about connect2edmonton.

I started the group because I have not found a simular group. So hopefully it catches on. I mean there are some great Edm Pages on FB but not a photo swap and share group. Might really being back some old fond memories for people.

Unfortunately it's only open to FaceBook users.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    Unfortunately it's only open to FaceBook users.
    Well it is a Facebook group so....

Betty White's Facebook views are the best.
    I have conversed with the worst kind of hectoring, bully pulpit smart-a**e*; dripping with virtuous self-aggrandizing sanctimony.................. and that's just on this forum.

..............but it is a very good project to post old pictures of Edmonton on the web.
    I have conversed with the worst kind of hectoring, bully pulpit smart-a**e*; dripping with virtuous self-aggrandizing sanctimony.................. and that's just on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by killerkobra View Post
    Please join and post all the links you want about connect2edmonton.

I started the group because I have not found a simular group. So hopefully it catches on. I mean there are some great Edm Pages on FB but not a photo swap and share group. Might really being back some old fond memories for people.
    I might do that. Just hoping for more reciprocity among the many and varied users. C2e gets used to spread the word and a lot of viewers get great information from it but few seem to cite it or promote it.