Thread: Head Hurt

Default Head Hurt

Is there something wrong with the forum. It is giving me such a headache. I keep getting signed out, posts taking ages to be posted. Not to even mention if you want to edit something. It's very frustrating having to keep signing in every 5 minutes when you never even logged out.
    What's with that.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

C2E Continued Contributor

I noticed this the other day. I did a Control + F5 on the pages that were giving me issues, and that seemed to fix it after relogging a few times. I got some message that something had happened to my cache or cookies I think a few days ago, so I imagine something changed.

It's sure weird. I went to refresh the page several times then somewhere it said press alt 3 and I got a smiley face in the middle of something. It's just frustration and after a while I just give up posting.

No issues for me.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Hear we go again. Logged on and had problems then forum logs me out. I give up.

Still having problems today with this site. Keeps logging me out and logging me in all on it's own. Any how, typed a quick note to the admins but could not send it because it said some kind on token was invalid. Maybe I have gremlins but it sure is getting imposable to post and no way of getting to the mods to tell them.

Sounds like some sort of cookie blocker or antivirus causing you issues. I would investigate security software on your computer.

C2E works fine for me on multiple machines and browsers and from home/work/mobile devices.

I only read C2E from my Ipad I very rarely use it to post. Mostly use my laptop. I will check the cookies later see if it is that. Very rarely do I have issues with viruses or the antivirus functions.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Testing.

EDIT: This post appeared automatically, as far as I can tell. I'm posting from a laptop at an internet cafe.

^Reading you. Over and out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    ^Reading you. Over and out.
    Thanks. And just a minor correction, I think what I'm posting on is a desktop, not a laptop.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

I'm running in to the same random logout problem discussed above.
    I log in, and then click 'new posts'. Sometimes I get the list of new posts, and sometimes I get a message saying something along the lines of "No items match your search"
    If I do get into a thread, I get logged out when I click on 'New Posts' again.
    It's been happening for a few days now.
    I've checked the 'Keep me logged in' box, and that seems to solve the problem.
    Non semper erit aestas

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post
    Is there something wrong with the forum. It is giving me such a headache. I keep getting signed out, posts taking ages to be posted. Not to even mention if you want to edit something. It's very frustrating having to keep signing in every 5 minutes when you never even logged out.
    What's with that.
    A few days ago almost anything I posted was being double posted. Pages weren't refreshing, new posts not showing up.

Several times the site did not open or was not available thus me thinking tinkering with the platform was going on
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

^^Yes, that is just exactly what is happening to me also and you described it perfectly. That and a couple of other problems. The only thing I have not done is keep logged in. I have had to sign in twice in the last two minutes. Tried to write the mods but got the some obscure message.
    Last edited by Gemini; 07-04-2017 at 12:38 PM.

Yup, now it's just getting annoying. Can't seem to get a hold of mods due to issues so don't know what to do in this situation. If it persists I'm going to quit posting for a few weeks to see if it fixes itself.

Forum Administrator *
    Blog Entries

Thanks Medwards for reporting this thread.

I'd been getting some issues like this, but only on one computer. All my other devices are fine. Sorry, but I thought it was isolated to just my one machine that I desperately need to reimage anyway.

What I found works on this old machine is to make sure the "Remember Me" box is checked under the login. That keeps you in the system.

Sorry I didn't respond to any emails, but I honestly never received one. I will check the main server.
    Ow

Sounds like a problem I had months ago on an iPad. Type something up and go to post and I'd have been logged out. So folks, just count yourselves lucky that my postings lightened up for a while.

I reset the iPad as a new unit and still had the problem for a while but i believe it works ok on that unit now.

Quote Originally Posted by Admin View Post
    Thanks Medwards for reporting this thread.

I'd been getting some issues like this, but only on one computer. All my other devices are fine. Sorry, but I thought it was isolated to just my one machine that I desperately need to reimage anyway.

What I found works on this old machine is to make sure the "Remember Me" box is checked under the login. That keeps you in the system.

Sorry I didn't respond to any emails, but I honestly never received one. I will check the main server.
    Thnx for looking into this. I have ticked the 'Remember Me' box (sounds like a Harlequin Romance). Anyway, it's not just an old machine problem. My laptop is about 6 months old I was beginning to think it may have been some of my settings. After getting a couple of other posts on this thread it seems other users have ran into the same problems.
    Last edited by Gemini; 07-04-2017 at 08:15 PM.

South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

No issues here running AVG,SPYbot search and destroy2,Ad blocker ultimate,Facebook disconnect,adblock plus,and Ccleaner.
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

I think that the Russians are behind it
    Gemini was the focus of their hacks because ze is a long time Clinton operative... LOL
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 09-04-2017 at 03:39 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by cnr67 View Post
    No issues here running AVG,SPYbot search and destroy2,Ad blocker ultimate,Facebook disconnect,adblock plus,and Ccleaner.
    geez, after all that how do you do any work on it?
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

For a website experiencing such levels of dysfunction, C2E still manages to host quite a bit of activity. This is way busier than various other boards I frequent.

I'm surprised your computer doesn't just grind to a halt with all the junk running.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    No probs. It's a very specialized machine. Just making sure I have no uninvited guests.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    I'm surprised your computer doesn't just grind to a halt with all the junk running.
    All that junk? LOLOL you must still be running windows 95 and Netscape navigator... LOLOLOL

No probs. It's a very specialized machine. Just making sure I have no uninvited guests.
    Sounds like you need a CPU core or two just because you're running WIndows.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Sounds like you need a CPU core or two just because you're running WIndows.
    I need nothing at all. I have no problem on C2E.