Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,200 of 2847

Thread: Russian interference in US politics - starts with James Comey Firing

CNN is now backpedaling on an accusation they have been making against Jeff Sessions since May, claiming Jeff Sessions illegally failed to disclose meetings he had with the Russian ambassador. Now they are admitting that Jeff Sessions told the truth the entire time and actually wasn't required to disclose those contacts:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politi...cts/index.html

However, the damage to Sessions' reputation has been done due to CNN's careless reporting and sensationalizing of this inaccuracy.

The Intercept does have a left wing bias and has broken some serious stories and has a hign credibility. It has had some issues including in Feb. 2016 they published several corrections to five stories by reporter Juan M. Thompson and retracted a sixth.

Investigative reporter Glenn Greenwald has had a string of hard hitting journalism pieces that uncovered some major stories
    but also has been questioned for his sources including those who may have stolen documents. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Greenwald

I do recall that he had an article that proved to be wrong which stated that Obama was going to pardon Edward Snowden.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    However, the damage to Sessions' reputation has been done due to CNN's careless reporting and sensationalizing of this inaccuracy.
    And Trump helped Sessions' reputation immensely by slagging him publicly during several temper tantrums.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Donald Trump - "Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing,"

Russia - "OK"

A Russian Hacker Confessed to Hacking the DNC During the Election Campaign

A Russian hacker has confessed, in court, to being hired by Russian state intelligence to hack the Democratic National Congress’ computer systems in 2016.

Russian website The Bell, known for a generally critical stance towards President Vladimir Putin and the corruption under his rule, reported Monday that Konstantin Kozlovsky had testified to carrying out attacks at the request of state intelligence organs, notably the FSB (the KGB-successor for which Putin himself had worked in Soviet times).

The testimony is potentially explosive, as it is a first-hand account of Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election that directly contradicts Putin’s denials of any involvement. President Donald Trump had indicated after a recent meeting of the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation summit in Vietnam that he believed Putin’s account, rather than the reports of four U.S. intelligence agencies that came to the opposite conclusion.

http://fortune.com/2017/12/11/russia...on-confession/

Coincidentally....

2017 Lie of the Year: Russian election interference is a 'made-up story'

"This Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won," said President Donald Trump in an interview with NBC’s Lester Holt in May.

On Twitter in September, Trump said, "The Russia hoax continues, now it's ads on Facebook. What about the totally biased and dishonest Media coverage in favor of Crooked Hillary?"

And during an overseas trip to Asia in November, Trump spoke of meeting with Putin: "Every time he sees me, he says, ‘I didn't do that.’ And I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it." In the same interview, Trump referred to the officials who led the intelligence agencies during the election as "political hacks."

Trump continually asserts that Russia’s meddling in the 2016 election is fake news, a hoax or a made-up story, even though there is widespread, bipartisan evidence to the contrary.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...erence-made-s/

And yet he continues...

Donald Trump got 3 things wrong in 1 tweet this morning

"Despite thousands of hours wasted and many millions of dollars spent, the Democrats have been unable to show any collusion with Russia - so now they are moving on to the false accusations and fabricated stories of women who I don't know and/or have never met," he wrote. "FAKE NEWS!"

There are several things that just aren't true in that tweet. Here's a list:

1. Trump says that "the Democrats" have spent "millions of dollars" and "wasted" thousands of hours in an attempt to prove he colluded with the Russians during the 2016 campaign.

2. Trump says no collusion with Russia has been shown.

3. Trump has said he doesn't know and has never met the women accusing him of sexual harassment.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/12/politi...sis/index.html

He can't believe that his election was as a result of anyone or anything except himself. Make the vote illegitimate, you make him illegitimate.

In the final days before Donald Trump was sworn in as president, members of his inner circle pleaded with him to acknowledge publicly what U.S. intelligence agencies had already concluded — that Russia’s interference in the 2016 election was real.

Holding impromptu interventions in Trump’s 26th-floor corner office at Trump Tower, advisers — including Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, and designated chief of staff, Reince Priebus — prodded the president-elect to accept the findings that the nation’s spy chiefs had personally presented to him on Jan. 6.

They sought to convince Trump that he could affirm the validity of the intelligence without diminishing his electoral win, according to three officials involved in the sessions. More important, they said that doing so was the only way to put the matter behind him politically and free him to pursue his goal of closer ties with Russian President Vladi*mir Putin.

“This was part of the normalization process,” one participant said. “There was a big effort to get him to be a standard president.”

But as aides persisted, Trump became agitated. He railed that the intelligence couldn’t be trusted and scoffed at the suggestion that his candidacy had been propelled by forces other than his own strategy, message and charisma.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...l_popup&wpmm=1

Doubting the intelligence, Trump pursues Putin and leaves a Russian threat unchecked
    By Greg Miller, Greg Jaffe and Philip Rucker
    Dec. 14, 2017
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.23d4b4c6cbe1

FAKE NEWS WARNING!
    This investigative report is from the Washington Post so we all know that it is a lie.

But as aides persisted, Trump became agitated. He railed that the intelligence couldn’t be trusted and scoffed at the suggestion that his candidacy had been propelled by forces other than his own strategy, message and charisma.Told that members of his incoming Cabinet had already publicly backed the intelligence report on Russia, Trump shot back, “So what?” Admitting that the Kremlin had hacked Democratic Party emails, he said, was a “trap.”
    Nearly a year into his presidency, Trump continues to reject the evidence that Russia waged an assault on a pillar of American democracy and supported his run for the White House.

The result is without obvious parallel in U.S. history, a situation in which the personal insecurities of the president — and his refusal to accept what even many in his administration regard as objective reality — have impaired the government’s response to a national security threat. The repercussions radiate across the government.

Rather than search for ways to deter Kremlin attacks or safeguard U.S. elections, Trump has waged his own campaign to discredit the case that Russia poses any threat and he has resisted or attempted to roll back efforts to hold Moscow to account.

His administration has moved to undo at least some of the sanctions the previous administration imposed on Russia for its election interference, exploring the return of two Russian compounds in the United States that President Barack Obama had seized — the measure that had most galled Moscow. Months later, when Congress moved to impose additional penalties on Moscow, Trump opposed the measures fiercely.
    Trump has never convened a Cabinet-level meeting on Russian interference or what to do about it, administration officials said. Although the issue has been discussed at lower levels at the National Security Council, one former high-ranking Trump administration official said there is an unspoken understanding within the NSC that to raise the matter is to acknowledge its validity, which the president would see as an affront.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 14-12-2017 at 08:06 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Donnie's playing Go Fish while Mueller is playing high stakes poker.

Former Watergate prosecutor pours cold water on Trump hint he may pardon Flynn: ‘He’s in for a big surprise’

Speaking with host Joy Reid, attorney Nick Akerman was asked about Trump’s comment Friday afternoon when the president told reporters, “I don’t want to talk about pardons for Michael Flynn yet. We’ll see what happens, let’s see.”

“What would be the practical legal consequences if Donald Trump were to pardon Michael Flynn” Reid asked Akerman.

“The practical consequences are that he wouldn’t be charged with a crime, but he’s already spilled his guts. He’s already told Mueller everything he knows,” Akerman replied. “In addition to that, his cooperation agreement requires him to also speak to local and state officials. So I guarantee you that Mueller has already had Flynn speaking to the attorney general of the state of New York’s people, who are doing this jointly with him. So that if somehow Mueller’s team was disbanded, and that group had to go, state attorney generals could simply step in here and use state crimes as opposed to federal crimes.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/for...-big-surprise/

It appears that Mueller has been giving transition members enough tope to hang themselves.

Mueller Has ‘Tens of Thousands’ of Trump Transition Emails, Report Says

The transition emails are said to include sensitive exchanges on matters that include potential appointments, gossip about the views of particular senators involved in the confirmation process, speculation about vulnerabilities of Trump nominees, strategizing about press statements, and policy planning on everything from war to taxes.

Mueller is using the emails to fact–check and generate new leads.

https://splinternews.com/mueller-has...ema-1821358078
    Note that "fact check" os legalese for "Knowing when someone is lying to you" aka "obstruction f justice"

Ex-federal prosecutor: Trump team is ‘playing politics’ with accusations Mueller obtained emails ‘illegally’

4/ First of all, it’s not unusual at all for prosecutors to obtain emails from other parties. That’s extremely common in white collar criminal investigations and is not improper.

5/ What *is* unusual here is that Mueller obtained emails from GSA even though he could have obtained (many of) the same emails from lawyers for the Trump Transition.

6/ Typically, in a white collar case, prosecutors obtain as many emails and documents as possible from defense attorneys instead of from another source.

7/ That’s because the defense team would review the emails, take out the ones that are not relevant, sort the emails, and put them in a format could be useable by Mueller.

8/ When a prosecutor obtains emails from a third party, usually irrelevant emails aren’t sorted out. So why would Mueller get the emails from GSA instead?

9/ One reason comes to mind. Mueller was concerned that he wouldn’t receive all of the emails if he obtained them from the Trump team. That’s surprising and suggests that he has reason to distrust Trump’s team.

10/ It appears that obtaining the documents from GSA also allowed Mueller to surprise witnesses who were not prepared to talk about emails that they didn’t think he had.

11/ I doubt that’s why Mueller obtained emails from GSA because any good lawyer would have reviewed the emails with their client anyway prior to an interview. Either the defense lawyers were incompetent or they weren’t surprised as they’re letting on.

12/ One important issue I should note is that typically prosecutors cannot obtain emails from a third party without using a search warrant, not a subpoena.

13/ If that happened here, it would mean a federal judge found that there was good reason to believe that a crime was committed and the emails contained evidence of a crime.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/ex-...ils-illegally/

They're going to make 's blockbuster movie about the Mueller investigation. It will make All the President's Men look like a dime store novel.

Musical score by the same guy who did the theme from Jaws.

I bet the fear in the White House is like chumming while skinny dipping at night.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 16-12-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Mueller team responds to Donald Trump about transition e-mails

‘Appropriate criminal process’: Mueller’s office fires back over Kushner emails — and the Trump team is screwed

“Their claims themselves are weak and are meant to persuade people who know nothing about criminal investigations,” former federal prosecutor Renato Mariotti tweeted on Saturday.

---

“When we have obtained emails in the course of our ongoing criminal investigation, we have secured either the account owner’s consent or appropriate criminal process,” Special Counsel’s Office spokesperson Peter Carr told BuzzFeed News,

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/app...am-is-screwed/
    Original story.

Key Officials Push Back Against Trump Campaign’s Claim That A Federal Office Illegally Turned Over Emails To Special Counsel

In a phone interview with BuzzFeed News on Saturday night, Loewentritt — whose LinkedIn represents that he has worked at the agency since 1972 — disputed the claims made in the letter sent by the Trump campaign.

"Beckler never made that commitment," he said of the claim that any requests for transition records would be routed to the Trump campaign's counsel.

Specifically, Loewentritt said, "in using our devices," transition team members were informed that materials "would not be held back in any law enforcement" actions.

Loewentritt read to BuzzFeed News a series of agreements that anyone had to agree to when using GSA materials during the transition, including that there could be monitoring and auditing of devices and that, "Therefore, no expectation of privacy can be assumed."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/chrisgeidne...e6g#.smdeK7Xjn
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 17-12-2017 at 09:37 AM.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Yeh, I can't believe Mueller didn't have all his i's dotted and t's crossed before going into this. He's no amateur.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Unlike Trump's crew who seem like the cast of "The Keystone Cops go to Law School"

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Yeh, I can't believe Mueller didn't have all his i's dotted and t's crossed before going into this. He's no amateur.
    In the end he will get paid off, call off the hounds, then retire to the Mediterranean another rich man on a nice pension. That's how it works.

Doubt it completely. Mueller is the type that can't be bought and would subpoena his own mother if he found out she was colluding with a Russian behind his father's back.

That is why he had strong bipartisan support when he was named to lead the investigation. I bet some Republicans thought he would be biased towards his own Republican beliefs and this would have been wrapped up by now. They forgot that Mueller places the Constitution and the Law before Party. He is the best of the best.

If Trump did anything criminal or covered up the acts of others, Trump is hooped.

Trump looked a bit off in his face or mannerisms on the night time TV talk I just saw. I thought that was interesting.

Here’s Breitbart’s coverage. Surprisingly not a bad bit of coverage, but read the comments:

Trump team claims Russia investigator 'unlawfully' got emails - Breitbart

http://www.breitbart.com/news/trump-...ly-got-emails/
    Last edited by KC; 17-12-2017 at 10:30 PM.

Truth is not, what you can get away with.

Incapacity for objectivity, or, possibly preexisting ‘knowledge’ of an already compromised candidate.

Why attacks on Robert Mueller are mounting - BBC News

“Some of the messages, which were provided to reporters, showed the two had a hostility toward then-candidate Trump in 2016. Ms Page called Mr Trump a "loathsome human" in March, as the candidate was cementing his lead in the Republican primary field. Three months later - after Mr Trump had secured the nomination - Mr Strzok wrote that he was an "*****" who said "bigoted nonsense".

In an August text, Mr Strzok discussed a meeting with then-FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe in which Ms Page apparently had mentioned there was "no way" Mr Trump could be elected.
    "I'm afraid we can't take that risk," Mr Strzok wrote. "It's like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40."

Some have theorised that the "insurance policy" in question was an FBI plan to destroy Mr Trump if he were to win. Others have suggested that it was simply a reference to the need to continue working the Trump-Russia investigation even though his election seemed unlikely. ...”

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42372603

Last edited by KC; 18-12-2017 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Doubt it completely. Mueller is the type that can't be bought and would subpoena his own mother if he found out she was colluding with a Russian behind his father's back.

That is why he had strong bipartisan support when he was named to lead the investigation. I bet some Republicans thought he would be biased towards his own Republican beliefs and this would have been wrapped up by now. They forgot that Mueller places the Constitution and the Law before Party. He is the best of the best.

If Trump did anything criminal or covered up the acts of others, Trump is hooped.
    I only know of Mueller what I’ve heard in the press. Yet his stature and professionalism seems to be regularly elevated to levels well beyond even the media ‘praise’.

They're going to make 's blockbuster movie about the Mueller investigation. It will make All the President's Men look like a dime store novel.

Musical score by the same guy who did the theme from Jaws.

I bet the fear in the White House is like chumming while skinny dipping at night.
    they already have the trailer for that movie here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7Uy0Uznw4E

Interesting

Russia meddled on Twitter after UK terror attacks, study says - BBC News

“This tally of 475 messages were reposted more than 153,000 times in total by others, the researchers determined.

Examples included: "Another day, another Muslim terrorist attack. Retweet if you think that Islam needs to be banned!"

In one case, an account named @TEN_GOP - which presented itself as belonging to a Tennessee-based American - took issue with a photo of a woman in a hijab supposedly ignoring victims of the Westminster Bridge attack.

"She is being judged for her own actions & lack of sympathy. Would you just walk by? Or offer help?" said the tweet.

But another Russian-linked account, @Crystal1Johnson - which appeared to belong to a civil rights advocate - took an opposing stance.
    "So this is how a world with glasses of hate look like [sic] - poor woman, being judged only by her clothes," it posted. ...”

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42393540

Insurance to be contrived or against a known preexisting risk?

Don Jr. stokes FBI anti-Trump conspiracy: ‘People at the highest levels don’t want to let America be America’

“ “Imagine what would happen if we rolled back the clock to 2008 and a conservative director of the FBI and high-up people in the FBI that were leading all of these investigations wrote an e-mail about an insurance policy, the dossier, in the unlikely event that Barack Obama was elected president?” Trump Jr. said. “What do you think would happen?”
    “Do you think the media would cover that?” Trump Jr. asked. “Yeah. Do you think it would be brushed under the rug, like, ‘Oh, it’s nothing, it doesn’t mean anything?’ There would be revolution in the streets.” ...”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/don...ca-be-america/
    Note that Trump mentions the “the dossier”, which at that time pointed to a Russian compromised candidate.
    Last edited by KC; 19-12-2017 at 06:36 PM.

Three more obstruction of justice charges coming right up.

Three House Republicans publicly undermining FBI have been in talks with Trump about Mueller probe

Three House Republicans who are leading a public insurgency against special counsel Robert Mueller have been in contact with the White House and Donald Trump, Business Insider reports.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/thr...-probe-report/

Trump demands loyalty of Comey. Trump later denies it. FBI Deputy Director likely support for Comey's version.
    Top FBI official grilled on Comey, Clinton in Hill testimony

In private testimony before the House Intelligence Committee this week, McCabe told lawmakers that Comey informed him of conversations he had with President Donald Trump soon after they happened, according to three sources with knowledge of the matter.

The testimony suggests McCabe could corroborate Comey's account, including Trump's ask that Comey show him loyalty, which the President has strongly disputed. Comey previously testified that he briefed some of his senior colleagues at the FBI about this conversation with Trump.

---

Earlier this year, Comey testified that he briefed senior FBI officials about at least two conversations with Trump: The January dinner where Trump asked for loyalty, and the February meeting where Trump asked Comey to go easy on former national security adviser Michael Flynn, who was under FBI investigation. In his bombshell testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee in June, Comey did not identify McCabe by name, only saying that he briefed "the FBI leadership team" about his interactions with Trump.

McCabe testified this week that Comey did in fact tell him about these conversations.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/21/politi...ony/index.html

Interesting

Ukrainian PM's Aide Detained On Suspicion Of Being Russian Spy
    https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-hroy.../28931018.html
    An aide to Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Hroysman has been detained on suspicion of being an agent of Russia's Federal Security Service (FSB).

A government representative to parliament, Vadym Denysenko, told 112 Ukrayina TV on December 21 that Stanislav Yezhov was detained a day earlier.

Media reports say that Yezhov accompanied Hroysman on his international trips and often served as an interpreter.

He has worked in the past in the president's office and at the Ukrainian Embassy to the United States.

On December 20, the Ukrainian Security Service (SBU) announced that it had apprehended a government employee, whose identity was not disclosed, on suspicion of "acting in the interests of security services of the aggressor country."

'Russian spy in Downing Street': Ukrainian interpreter in Theresa May talks accused of espionage for Moscow

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ccused-spying/
    A senior Ukrainian government interpreter who attended sensitive security talks with Theresa May inside Downing Street has been arrested for allegedly spying for the Kremlin.

Ukraine’s security service on Thursday said it had arrested Stanislav Yezhov and opened a treason investigation, five months after he accompanied the country’s Prime Minister on an official visit to London.

The interpreter for Ukrainian cabinet ministers had been recruited by a Russian intelligence agency and had been electronically passing them secrets, authorities in Kiev alleged.

Mr Yezhov was seen in photographs interpreting for Volodymyr Groysman at a meeting with Mrs May at Downing Street in July, as well as a meeting with Joe Biden, then US vice president, in 2016.

Mr Groysman said in a Facebook post the spy had “long been working in the interests of a hostile government”, but it was not clear if he was already thought to be spying at the time of the London visit.
    Accused Russian spy was in the room for Trudeau talks with Ukrainian PM
    Interpreter who attended high-level meetings in October faces allegations of treason
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/ukra...nada-1.4461346

You cannot get any closer to power in Canada than standing beside the prime minister's desk.

That is where an accused Russian spy was during the recent bilateral meeting between Justin Trudeau and Ukraine Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman.

Stanislav Yezhov, a key aide and interpreter for Groysman, found himself in a different place Wednesday night.

He was arrested by his country's state security service and accused of treason.

He was in the room for a number of high-level meetings in Ottawa, including private sessions with Trudeau and Gov. Gen. Julie Payette.

He also interpreted an interview Groysman conducted with CBC News as part of his official visit, which included testimony before the House of Commons foreign affairs committee.
    I wonder if he knows Paul Manafort?

Of course.

Facebook ditches fake news warning flag
    21 December 2017

In December 2016, the site started showing a "disputed" warning next to articles that third-party fact checking websites said were fake news.

However, it said research suggested the "red flag" approach actually "entrenched deeply held beliefs".

"What Facebook is trying to do is respond to pressure that it should be treated as a publisher, rather than a platform," said Tim Luckhurst, professor of journalism at the University of Kent.

"I think that argument is dead. They are a publisher, so it is not enough to offer people a menu of other related stories.
    "We have a generation of people that are so anti-establishment and sceptical of evidence-based news, we need regulation of the type imposed on broadcasters since they first emerged."

Prof Luckhurst said he was "appalled" by Facebook's argument that it was different from traditional media.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-42438750

Last edited by KC; 21-12-2017 at 08:15 PM.

OK, so "I didn't know" won't work as a defence.

‘Like an anvil falling’: Rachel Maddow says McGahn documents about Flynn are very bad news for Trump

Maddow was referring to revelations in Foreign Policy magazine by reporter Murray Waas that in McGahn’s first days in the White House, he “researched federal law dealing both with lying to federal investigators and with violations of the Logan Act, a centuries-old federal law that prohibits private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments.”

“There are White House records that show the White House counsel knew that Flynn lied to the FBI, that he was aware that was a criminal act and that he conveyed that information to the president,” said Maddow.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/lik...ews-for-trump/

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    OK, so "I didn't know" won't work as a defence.

‘Like an anvil falling’: Rachel Maddow says McGahn documents about Flynn are very bad news for Trump

Maddow was referring to revelations in Foreign Policy magazine by reporter Murray Waas that in McGahn’s first days in the White House, he “researched federal law dealing both with lying to federal investigators and with violations of the Logan Act, a centuries-old federal law that prohibits private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments.”

“There are White House records that show the White House counsel knew that Flynn lied to the FBI, that he was aware that was a criminal act and that he conveyed that information to the president,” said Maddow.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/lik...ews-for-trump/

The FP link:

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/12/20/...lated-the-law/

And back in September;

Trump Lawyers Clash Over How Much to Cooperate With Russia Inquiry - NYTimes.com

“The debate in Mr. Trump’s West Wing has pitted Donald F. McGahn II, the White House counsel, against Ty Cobb, a lawyer brought in to manage the response to the investigation. Mr. Cobb has argued for turning over as many of the emails and documents requested by the special counsel as possible in hopes of quickly ending the investigation — or at least its focus on Mr. Trump.

Mr. McGahn supports cooperation, but has expressed worry about setting a precedent that would weaken the White House long after Mr. Trump’s tenure is over. He is described as particularly concerned about whether the president will invoke executive or attorney-client privilege to limit how forthcoming Mr. McGahn could be if he himself is interviewed by the special counsel as requested.

...”

“The friction escalated in recent days after Mr. Cobb was overheard by a reporter for The New York Times discussing the dispute during a lunchtime conversation at a popular Washington steakhouse. Mr. Cobb was heard talking about a White House lawyer he deemed “a McGahn spy” and saying Mr. McGahn had “a couple documents locked in a safe” that he seemed to suggest he wanted access to. He also mentioned a colleague whom he blamed for “some of these earlier leaks,” and who he said “tried to push Jared out,” meaning Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, who has been a previous source of dispute for the legal team.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/17/u...n-ty-cobb.html
    Last edited by KC; 21-12-2017 at 10:46 PM.

The Four Threats to Robert Mueller - The New York Times
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/21/o...stigation.html

When Donald Trump decided to reveal highly classified information to the Russians. What it means for the US, Israel, the Middle East and for Donald Trump himself.

EXCLUSIVE: WHAT TRUMP REALLY TOLD KISLYAK AFTER COMEY WAS CANNED
    During a May 10 meeting in the Oval Office, the president betrayed his intelligence community by leaking the content of a classified, and highly sensitive, Israeli intelligence operation to two high-ranking Russian envoys, Sergey Kislyak and Sergey Lavrov. This is what he told them—and the ramifications.

Yet this triumph would be overshadowed by an astonishing conversation in the Oval Office in May, when an intemperate President Trump revealed details about the classified mission to Russia’s foreign minister, Sergey V. Lavrov, and Sergey I. Kislyak, then Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Along with the tempest of far-reaching geopolitical consequences that raged as a result of the president’s disclosure, fresh blood was spilled in his long-running combative relationship with the nation’s clandestine services. Israel—as well as America’s other allies—would rethink its willingness to share raw intelligence, and pretty much the entire Free World was left shaking its collective head in bewilderment as it wondered, not for the first time, what was going on with Trump and Russia. (In fact, Trump’s disturbing choice to hand over highly sensitive intelligence to the Russians is now a focus of special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into Trump’s relationship with Russia, both before and after the election.) In the hand-wringing aftermath, the entire event became, as is so often the case with spy stories, a tale about trust and betrayal.

And yet, the Israelis cannot say they weren’t warned.

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...ump-intel-slip

Are Mark Zuckerberg and Facebook in Mueller's sights?

Former prosecutor breaks down why Mueller probe’s new direction could be bad news for Mark Zuckerberg

“This aspect of Mueller’s investigation deserves more attention, because it’s the piece most likely to result in charges that resemble what people commonly call ‘collusion’ — Russians and Americans working together to influence the election,” Mariotti tweeted.

He said the special counsel had previous obtained a search warrant for Facebook records, which means Mueller had evidence that convinced a judge there was a “good reason a crime occurred” during the campaign.

“That crime would likely be a foreign contribution in connection with a U.S. election, which is a crime if it is done knowingly and willfully,” Mariotti explained. “It’s also a crime for an American to knowingly aid in that effort.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/for...rk-zuckerberg/

Donald Trump, earlier this week -

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Caught RED HANDED - very disappointed that China is allowing oil to go into North Korea. There will never be a friendly solution to the North Korea problem if this continues to happen!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...16486054285314
    Meanwhile, he's silent about this -

North Korea received oil from Russia in violation of UN sanctions: report

In an apparent violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution, Russian ships have allegedly transferred oil products to North Korean vessels out at sea on several occasions, according to a published report.

The Security Council resolution bars the Hermit Kingdom from importing natural gas and capped its crude oil imports in September, Reuters reported, citing two senior Western European security sources.

The news follows President Donald Trump's criticism of China this week regarding a South Korean report that Chinese ships have illegally supplied oil to North Korean ships at sea dozens of times since October. China denied the reports Friday.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12...ns-report.html

And Trump continues to insist that the investigation is going nowhere and that the FBI is going to write him a letter saying they were wrong to have ever doubted him.

Ex-CIA agent: Leak of Papadopolous’ Hillary confession was timed to let Trump know the FBI is ‘taking off the gloves’

CIA veteran said the bombshell report that former Trump aide George Papadopoulos drunkenly boasted to an Australian diplomat that the Trump campaign had dirt on Hillary Clinton appears to have been leaked as a warning shot to the administration.

Appearing on on MSNBC Sunday morning, former CIA agent Ned Price was asked by MSNBC host Frances Rivera about a tweet (see below) he posted on Saturday, writing: “Timing of this story is interesting, coming 4 days after Trump’s false dossier tweets, which also impugned the FBI. The FBI largely treated the Trump campaign & subsequently the Trump presidency w kid gloves. But this may indicate the gloves are coming off.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/12/ex-...ff-the-gloves/

May 2016

Trump's Russia inquiry 'started by Australian tip-off' - BBC News
    “Trump adviser George Papadopoulos allegedly told Australia's top UK diplomat that Moscow had incriminating "dirt" on Hillary Clinton.
    The newspaper alleges the revelation came "during a night of heavy drinking" in London in May 2016.
    Australia later informed the FBI.
    The New York Times report claims that the exchange was the spark for establishing a secret investigation into possible connections between Russia and the Trump campaign in July 2016. ...”

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42525880

The longer this witch hunt goes on, the more it becomes apparent that it is no different than the birther stuff people tried to nail Obama with.

It’s very different. In most respects time is passing has no relation to the facts being collected. Obama’s birthplace only involved a couple bits of evidence. Russian interference involves thousands of pieces of evidence - only a fraction of which are publicly known. This is an official investigation so it could go on a long time.

What’s crazy is people making judgements about the investigation based only on the rumours when they know nothing of what has actually been determined by the investigation. Most of the facts aren’t yet public and may never be public if there are no grounds for charges. If there are charges it’s anyone's guess as to who and what the charges would actually relate to.

Per the article below, maybe so, but it seems like baseless opinion to me. Does everything that the FBI does, get leaked? I doubt it.

Trump-Russia Collusion 'Would've Been Leaked' Months Ago If There Was Evidence, House Republican Ron DeSantis Says

http://www.newsweek.com/trump-russia...-leaked-766999
    Last edited by KC; 31-12-2017 at 11:59 PM.

Incoherent, authoritarian, uninformed: Trump’s New York Times interview is a scary read - Vox
    Excerpts:

“...What key Democrats are actually saying is closer to the opposite. On December 20, for instance, Sen. Mark Warner, the vice chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee and thus the Senate Democrat leading the investigation into collusion, said, “despite the initial denials of any Russian contacts during the election, this Committee’s efforts have helped uncover numerous and troubling high-level engagements between the Trump campaign and Russian affiliates — many of which have only been revealed in recent months.” ...

“In psychology, there’s an idea known as the Dunning-Kruger effect. It refers to research by David Dunning and Justin Kruger that found the least competent people often believe they are the most competent because they “lack the very expertise needed to recognize how badly they’re doing.” This dynamic helps explain comments like the one Trump makes here.

...”

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...new-york-times

Bolding mine

Or, in the words of John Cleese

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    May 2016

Trump's Russia inquiry 'started by Australian tip-off' - BBC News
    “Trump adviser George Papadopoulos allegedly told Australia's top UK diplomat that Moscow had incriminating "dirt" on Hillary Clinton.
    The newspaper alleges the revelation came "during a night of heavy drinking" in London in May 2016.
    Australia later informed the FBI.
    The New York Times report claims that the exchange was the spark for establishing a secret investigation into possible connections between Russia and the Trump campaign in July 2016. ...”

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-42525880
    For months, the mainstream media has been saying that the Steele Dossier is the evidence that triggered the investigations.

Since the ultimate source of that dossier was revealed to be the Hillary Clinton campaign itself, and was used to obtain a FISA warrant to spy on Trump's campaign, the media is now trying to convince people that something else triggered them, as if the dossier never mattered.And of course Trump's opponents are encouraging this new story angle because they want to take the focus off of the dossier they bought and paid for in an effort to sabotage Trump.

The media is acting as though the entire drama has a predetermined outcome (Trump is guilty of colluding with Russia), and they are trying every single angle they can possibly think of to make it true. This is absolutely a witch hunt. When headlines like this are being published and circulated unironically, its a witch hunt:

Donald Trump Is Guilty
    The only remaining question is what exactly he’s guilty of

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/12/05/...ump-is-guilty/

C2E SME

So the government and intelligence services of Australia have joined the massive left-wing media conspiracy? How delusional can you get?

The longer this witch hunt goes on, the more it becomes apparent that it is no different than the birther stuff people tried to nail Obama with.
    I didn't realize there was a FBI investigation into Obama's birth location? The birther stuff was made up by Trump to try to discredit Obama and the Democrats, that's all. Looks like you fell for it, like all the alt-right conspiracies. Speaking of falling for it, you use witch hunt just like Trump wants you to. Bravo! Sluurrrrrp

You mean people like Donald Trump?

Obama released his long form birth certificate on April 27, 2011. Here;s Trump's comments afterwards. The earlier number posts are in the link and are from the time before the long form release.

14 of Trump's most outrageous 'birther' claims -- half from after 2011

6. "He didn't know he was running for president, so he told the truth. The literary agent wrote down what he said ... He said he was born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia ... Now they're saying it was a mistake. Just like his Kenyan grandmother said he was born in Kenya, and she pointed down the road to the hospital, and after people started screaming at her, she said, 'Oh, I mean Hawaii.' Give me a break."- May 24, 2012, interview with The Daily Beast's Lloyd Grove, responding to an erroneous report about Obama

7. "A lot of people do not think it was an authentic certificate. ... Many people do not think it was authentic. His mother was not in the hospital. There are many other things that came out. And frankly if you would report it accurately I think you'd probably get better ratings than you're getting."
    - May 29, 2012, to CNN's Wolf Blitzer

8. Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud.
    - August 6, 2012, in a tweet more than a year after Obama released his longform birth certificate

9. "Was it a birth certificate? You tell me. Some people say that was not his birth certificate. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. I'm saying I don't know. Nobody knows."
    - August 2013, to ABC News

10. Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump
    How amazing, the State Health Director who verified copies of Obama’s “birth certificate” died in plane crash today. All others lived
    - December 12, 2013, in tweet about the death of Loretta Fuddy.

11. "Well, I don't know -- did he do it? ... Well, a lot of people don't agree with you and a lot of people feel it wasn't a proper certificate."
    -May 2014, in an interview with TV3's Colette Fitzpatrick in Ireland, Trump first contested whether Obama had released his birth certificate, then questioned whether its legitimacy.

12. "There are three things that could happen. And one of them did happen. He was perhaps born in Kenya. Very simple, OK? He was perhaps born in this country. But said he was born in Kenya because if you say you were born in Kenya, you got aid and you got into colleges. People were doing that. So perhaps he was born in this country, and that has a very big chance. Or, you know, who knows?"

- May 27, 2014, in remarks at the National Press Club

13. "Who knows about Obama? ... Who knows, who knows? Who cares right now?... I have my own theory on Obama. Someday I will write a book, I will do another book, and it will do very successfully."
    - January 6, 2016, in an interview with CNN's Wolf Blitzer.

14. "I'll answer that question at the right time. I just don't want to answer it yet ... I don't talk about it anymore. The reason I don't is because then everyone is going to be talking about it as opposed to jobs, the military, the vets, security."
    - September 15, 2016, in an interview with The Washington Post.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/09/politi...her/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    The birther stuff was made up by Trump
    It was actually made up by Hillary's campaign in the 2008 primaries against Obama.

Source please.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    So the government and intelligence services of Australia have joined the massive left-wing media conspiracy? How delusional can you get?
    It' not a conspiracy. Australia's media is terribly inaccurate.

And does it not raise any questions about their competence that big media outlets keep changing their story on what started the probe?

^^ Uh no, it was started in 2004 by a Republican during Obama's Senate campaign.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

He never posts anything except from the echo chamber.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...clinton-228304

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    ^^ Uh no, it was started in 2004 by a Republican during Obama's Senate campaign.
    Source please.

I found this from 2009 and talks about the Republicans pushing the idea and interestingly it talks about Lou Dobbs etc plus the decline of responsible journalism.

https://web.archive.org/web/20120326...AP09/307239793

Quote Originally Posted by The Man From YEG View Post
    He never posts anything except from the echo chamber.

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...clinton-228304
    Politico is the very definition of a liberal echo chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Source please.
    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...l=1#post864188
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Really? Huh.

Disagree with their tone all you want, they've got a good record of being factually correct.

Found this. Haven’t checked the sources yet and one portion is unsupported.

Barack Obama citizenship conspiracy theories - Wikipedia
    Origins of the claims

Conspiracy theories about Obama's religion appeared at least as early as his 2004 U.S. Senate campaign in a press release by Illinois political candidate Andy Martin,[29] and, according to a Los Angeles Times editorial, as Internet rumors.[30] These rumors about his religion expanded into his values, cultural, and national loyalty, and, by 2008, into conspiracy theories about his citizenship.[citation needed]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack...iracy_theories

2004. Note the sleazy composition style at play here aimed at character assassination. Note the use of unsubstantiated guilt by association tactics and innuendo. Reflects negatively on the writer.

Columnist Says Barack Obama 'Lied To The American People;' Asks Publisher to Withdraw Obama's Book
    Aug 10, 2004, 01:00 ET from Andy Martin Worldwide Communications

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele...-71586122.html
    Last edited by KC; 02-01-2018 at 09:37 AM.

Disagree with their tone all you want, they've got a good record of being factually correct.

Sorry, I don't see any reason to trust that "media fact check" blog that you love so much.

It's plain to see while looking on the Politico site that it is clearly a liberal echo chamber.

Wow- the FBI is even losing CNN's support in this Russia investigation.

CNN Legal Analyst Paul Callan: President Trump Is Right About FBI; Concern About Bias Is "Legitimate"

"I started writing this piece about the whole situation that was raised by Grassley, and originally I was angered by President Trump's attacks on the FBI, I thought they were unjustified, but when I started to delve into the facts, boy there is some really disturbing stuff here."

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...about_fbi.html

Sorry, I don't see any reason to trust that "media fact check" blog that you love so much.

It's plain to see while looking on the Politico site that it is clearly a liberal echo chamber.
    I can imagine to the ludicrously, comically, nonsensically alt-right like yourself that just about everything that's not Breitbart/Stormfront/MAGA/FoxNews/straight from Cheeto Mussolini himself looks like a liberal echo chamber.

But by all means, keep on determining what's a valid news source based solely upon it telling you what you want to hear & hypocritically calling other people out for being in an echo chamber. Why should 2018 be any different for the most cognitively dissonant person on C2E?

C2E SME

It' not a conspiracy. Australia's media is terribly inaccurate.

And does it not raise any questions about their competence that big media outlets keep changing their story on what started the probe?
    You do realize that your original claim, that "the mainstream media has been saying that the Steele Dossier is the evidence that triggered the investigations", is itself a false narrative? That's what Trump and Co have been pushing over the past few months, in their bizarre counter-narrative about how the Democrats supposedly colluded with Russia. As far as I am aware, the "mainstream media" in general has not said, in unison, that the FBI's probe of Trump was solely started because of the Steele Dossier. What I have read and seen, is that numerous US and foreign intelligence agencies started detecting large amounts of chatter between Russians and people associated with the Trump campaign. It was all very general.

So no, it does not raise any questions about "big media... changing their story". Because the story has been continually changing as more and more evidence comes out. Speaking of changing stories, remember when Trump said that absolutely no one with his campaign was talking with the Russians, there were no connections, and so on? We now know that was completely and utterly false, and 2 individuals (one of whom was briefly the f-ing National Security Advisor) have pleaded guilty to lying to Federal investigators about it. Changing stories, indeed.

I can imagine to the ludicrously, comically, nonsensically alt-right like yourself that just about everything that's not Breitbart/Stormfront/MAGA/FoxNews/straight from Cheeto Mussolini himself looks like a liberal echo chamber.
    Nope, I don't follow those sites. You have a very active imagination and really know nothing about me.

As far as I am aware, the "mainstream media" in general has not said, in unison, that the FBI's probe of Trump was solely started because of the Steele Dossier. What I have read and seen, is that numerous US and foreign intelligence agencies started detecting large amounts of chatter between Russians and people associated with the Trump campaign. It was all very general.
    OK, fair enough. But every "Breaking News!" story every month seems to tell a different narrative. Sometimes, the same outlet will completely backpedal on something they reported as fact just a few months earlier.

If people mistrust what the news is reporting, it's the media's own fault for focusing on sensationalism and doing such a poor job with communicating facts.

Really? Huh.
    Yes, really. Guess you learned something today.

Not that it will ever change your mind that it is all Hillary Clinton's fault...

Really? Huh.
    Yes, really. Guess you learned something today.

Not that it will ever change your mind that it is all Hillary Clinton's fault...
    Stop.

Just stop.

Nope, I don't follow those sites. You have a very active imagination and really know nothing about me.
    You know we can all see what sites you link to, the articles you repost, the perspective you contribute & connect the dots pretty easily, right? It's more analysis than imagination.

But then again you can't connect your own spouting of fascist/racist/authoritarianalt-right rhetoric & how it makes you a fascist/racist/authoritarian, so maybe it's a bridge too far for you after all.

I won't overestimate your analytical abilities again, my bad.

Stop.

Just stop.
    You first.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers
    If people mistrust what the news is reporting, it's the media's own fault for focusing on sensationalism and doing such a poor job with communicating facts.

Your inability to think critically and not succumb to motivated reasoning about Trump and everything associated with him is not, in fact, anyone's fault but your own.

Your inability to think critically about the corporate media's motivations in what - and how - they choose to report in a biased fashion is not, in fact, anyone's fault but your own.

You know we can all see what sites you link to, the articles you repost, the perspective you contribute

Yeah, my posting the link (a few posts up) to what CNN's legal analyst said on Realclearpolitics.com is pretty fascist/racist/authoritarianalt-right!

Quick - go see what your mediabiasfactchecker.com blog says about it so you know what to think!

Yeah, my posting the link (a few posts up) to what CNN's legal analyst said on Realclearpolitics.com is pretty fascist/racist/authoritarianalt-right!Quick - go see what your mediabiasfactchecker.com blog says about it so you know what to think!
    Do you really think I was only speaking to your most recent posts & not the last year+ since the Trump election emboldened you to start vomiting the alt-right rhetoric you've had fermenting in your mind? No, of course not.

You chided me for posting a politico link & dismissed it as a liberal echo chamber then promptly posted a link to a nigh-identical site that happens to more closely align with your own beliefs without even the slightest hint of introspection. You're not a hypocrite, you're not self-aware enough to be one. Just an angry, scared old guy who's incapable of any sort of personal growth, empathy or compassion.

Keep on being transparently terrible, MrOilers.

C2E SME

Your inability to think critically about the corporate media's motivations in what - and how - they choose to report in a biased fashion is not, in fact, anyone's fault but your own.
    See, for that to work, I'd have had to make an accusation about the media in the first place, which I didn't.

The media's not perfect, some organizations and/or individual journalists are better than others, and even the good ones can have bad or good days. I'm quite comfortable in my ability to draw from a wide variety of news sources and come to my own conclusions about what's going on in the world. On the other hand, you seem totally incapable of seeing any issue through anything but a Trumpist lens. You are the equivalent of a radicalized Muslim (or pick your ideology: communist, fascist, whatever) in just about every respect, which is so incredibly ironic that it should be funny given your oft demonstrated hatred of them. But instead it's just kind of sad.

Interesting article from 2015;

Exxon Chief Rex Tillerson Has Two Years to Save His Lost Legacy
    April 9, 2015

Tillerson looks to make another big bet on Russia
    By Joe Carroll and Matthew Campbell

Exxon Needs Friends in High Places - Bloomberg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...in-high-places

Trump blames "Deep State" Justice Department.

Memo to Trump. The "Deep State" Justice Department is being run by his appointee, Jeff Sessions...

Apparently there's going to be a Putin-esque purge one of these days. You know, to clear out the "enemies of the state".

The media's not perfect, some organizations and/or individual journalists are better than others, and even the good ones can have bad or good days. I'm quite comfortable in my ability to draw from a wide variety of news sources and come to my own conclusions about what's going on in the world.
    Me too! We completely agree!

You just like to brag that you think you always know better than I do. (Spoiler: you don't)

Fusion GPS hits back the Republicans for selective leaking of dossier details while refusing to release transcripts of the firm's testimony.

Trump-Russia dossier firm fires back at GOP conspiracy mongers — and demands Congress release its testimony

“Republicans have refused to release full transcripts of our firm’s testimony, even as they selectively leak details to media outlets on the far right,” Fusion GPS noted. “It’s time to share what our company told investigators.”

“We told Congress that from Manhattan to Sunny Isles Beach, Fla., and from Toronto to Panama, we found widespread evidence that Mr. Trump and his organization had worked with a wide array of dubious Russians in arrangements that often raised questions about money laundering,” the column continued. “Likewise, those deals don’t seem to interest Congress.”

The two also hinted there is still much the public does not know.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/tru...its-testimony/

OP-ED CONTRIBUTORS

The Republicans’ Fake Investigations

Excerpts:

“...We don’t believe the Steele dossier was the trigger for the F.B.I.’s investigation into Russian meddling. As we told the Senate Judiciary Committee in August, our sources said the dossier was taken so seriously because it corroborated reports the bureau had received from other sources, including one inside the Trump camp.”

“We suggested investigators look into the bank records of Deutsche Bank and others that were funding Mr. Trump’s businesses. Congress appears uninterested in that tip: Reportedly, ours are the only bank records the House Intelligence Committee has subpoenaed.”

“We told Congress that from Manhattan to Sunny Isles Beach, Fla., and from Toronto to Panama, we found widespread evidence that Mr. Trump and his organization had worked with a wide array of dubious Russians in arrangements that often raised questions about money laundering. Likewise, those deals don’t seem to interest Congress.
    ...”

“It is time to stop chasing rabbits. The public still has much to learn about a man with the most troubling business past of any United States president. Congress should release transcripts of our firm’s testimony, so that the American people can learn the truth about our work and most important, what happened to our democracy.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/01/0....html?referer=
    Last edited by KC; 02-01-2018 at 09:59 PM.

Challengers call out Nunes for getting money ‘from someone who funded Trump dossier’

Andrew Janz, the Fresno County prosecutor and Democrat challenging Rep. Devin Nunes’ re-election bid, has called for the Tulare Republican to once again step away from any investigation into Russia’s alleged meddling in the 2016 presidential election.

Janz pointed to a New York Times report that says the Washington Free Beacon, a conservative website funded by billionaire Republican donor Paul Singer, informed the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence that it hired research firm Fusion GPS in 2015 to investigate Donald Trump and other presidential candidates. The website said it stopped using the firm to investigate Trump after he clinched the Republican nomination.

At the end of 2015, Fusion GPS produced a document written by former British intelligence officer Christopher Steele commonly known as the Trump dossier or Steele dossier. The document, funded by Democratic challenger Hillary Clinton’s campaign and the Democratic National Committee, lists many unconfirmed ties between Trump and the Russian government.

The Free Beacon released a statement saying none of the information it paid Fusion GPS to dig up was in the dossier.

Although Singer apparently has not been linked to the actual dossier, Janz said Thursday that Nunes, who chairs the House Intelligence Committee, should not be involved in this investigation. According to election documents, Singer donated $5,400 to Nunes’ campaign committee in April 2015 – meaning the Free Beacon testimony Nunes presumably received came from a website funded by his donor.

“This calls into question Rep. Nunes’ ability to lead the House investigation into these matters – having received money from someone who funded the dossier,” Janz said. He added that Nunes should, at the least, return Singer’s donation if he plans to keep gathering evidence from his website.

Janz said the distinction that the Free Beacon’s hiring of Fusion GPS may not have led directly to the dossier is irrelevant. Singer’s website hired Fusion to do opposition research on Trump, and that research was continued by the Clinton campaign.
    http://www.fresnobee.com/news/politi...192652244.html

The Russians have Donald's back

Reasons to doubt the veracity of the ‘Steele dossier’ on Trump are still emerging
    https://www.rt.com/op-edge/414372-st...e-trump-media/

The Fusion GPS Founders Money Laundering Bombshell Could Take Down Trump And The Entire GOP
    By Jason Easley on Tue, Jan 2nd, 2018 at 10:06 pm
    http://www.politicususa.com/2018/01/...ntire-gop.html

The founders of Fusion GPS say that their investigation uncovered evidence of Trump money laundering for Russians. These allegations have the power to take down Trump and the entire Republican Party.

In a New York Times op-ed, Glenn R. Simpson and Peter Fritsch wrote, “We suggested investigators look into the bank records of Deutsche Bank and others that were funding Mr. Trump’s businesses. Congress appears uninterested in that tip: Reportedly, ours are the only bank records the House Intelligence Committee has subpoenaed. We told Congress that from Manhattan to Sunny Isles Beach, Fla., and from Toronto to Panama, we found widespread evidence that Mr. Trump and his organization had worked with a wide array of dubious Russians in arrangements that often raised questions about money laundering. Likewise, those deals don’t seem to interest Congress.”

It has been well known that the members of Congress who are defending Trump and trying to kill the Russia investigations have no idea what the President did or didn’t do. The Republicans have put themselves on the line to defend their president, with no questions asked.

The problem with that approach is that if Trump committed crimes like money laundering, and Republicans didn’t properly investigate him, they become political accessories to his crimes in the eyes of voters.

The stories of Trump money laundering for Russians have been around for years. It has long been speculated that Trump’s deals with Russia are why he won’t release his tax returns. When Republicans allowed Trump to take over their party, they sold themselves to Putin, and the minute that they began to use their congressional investigative powers to cover for the President was the second that they jeopardized their entire party.

Trump may go down for the Russia scandal, but what few people are discussing is how is going to take the Republican Party with him.

Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book | US news | The Guardian

Excerpt:

Donald Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon has described the Trump Tower meeting between the president’s son and a group of Russians during the 2016 election campaign as “treasonous” and “unpatriotic”, according to an explosive new book seen by the Guardian.

Bannon, speaking to author Michael Wolff, warned that the investigation into alleged collusion with the Kremlin will focus on money laundering and predicted: “They’re going to crack Don Junior like an egg on national TV.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-michael-wolff

Bolding mine
    Last edited by KC; 03-01-2018 at 08:32 AM.

^"I want to be rich so I'll write a book with some outrageous lies in it". Hmmm, never seen that story before.

Speaking of old tactics, thanks for slipping straight into the textbook for your own attack.

• Deflect
    • Delay
    • Deny
    • Discount
    • Deceive
    • Divide
    • Dulcify
    • Discredit
    • Destroy
    • Deal

I've seen clingfilm less transparent than you.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    ^"I want to be rich so I'll write a book with some outrageous lies in it". Hmmm, never seen that story before.
    Here is a hint on getting rich.

Launder money for Russian oligarchs and criminals.

Hmmm, never seen that story before.

Of course, the biggest lie for all of these books is that Donald Trump wrote any part of them.

I'll believe what Steve Bannon says when I hear him say it from his own mouth (and even then I may not share his opinion)

But I am going to be skeptical of anything Bannon allegedly says that is published second-hand, through the keyboard of some liberal journalist.

Doubling down on the discredit?

C2E SME

I'll believe what Steve Bannon says when I hear him say it from his own mouth (and even then I may not share his opinion)

But I am going to be skeptical of anything Bannon allegedly says that is published second-hand, through the keyboard of some liberal journalist.
    Breitbart has republished the same remarks without raising any issues. You'd think his own company would raise concerns, had he any. And that aside, Bannon is incredibly well connected to the rest of the media. If he was being misquoted, he'd have no problem getting the word out that that was the case.

Trump slams Bannon after criticism, says ex-chief strategist 'lost his mind'
    Fox News
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018...-his-mind.html
    He added, “Steve was rarely in a one-on-one meeting with me and only pretends to have had influence to fool a few people with no access and no clue, whom he helped write phony books.”
    Trump is burning more bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Of course, the biggest lie for all of these books is that Donald Trump wrote any part of them.
    I've never claimed Trump doesn't lie, all politicians do, its impossible not too. He is just more upfront with his dishonesty.

I've never claimed Trump doesn't lie, all politicians do, its impossible not too. He is just more upfront with his dishonesty.
    So other presidents have told ~2000 lies on record in their first year in office?

HA! Since when? Being upfront would be admitting that he's lying. To him, if he says it, it's true, even when it's obviously and demonstrably not.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    Follow Follow @realDonaldTrump
    More
    An 'extremely credible source' has called my office and told me that @BarackObama's birth certificate is a fraud.

1:23 PM - 6 Aug 2012
    And

Donald Trump again claims to have largest presidential inauguration audience in history
    'I won’t allow you, or other people like you, to demean that crowd', Mr Trump said in a news interview

“I had a massive amount of people here. They were showing pictures that were very unflattering, as unflattering -- from certain angles -- that were taken early and lots of other things. I'll show you a picture later if you’d like of a massive crowd,” he told ABC News in the interview.

However, Reuters editor, Jim Bourg wrote on Facebook that he had seen “a lot of inaccurate talk and allegations online about the crowd photos from Friday’s Trump inauguration that are simply not borne out by the FACTS.”

He added: “This photo by Reuters News Pictures staff photographer Lucas Jackson was taken at 12:01:18pm on Friday and not much earlier as many people are trying to claim.”

Mr Trump was sworn in at midday.

In addition, a timelapse video produced by PBS shows that the National Mall, where the inauguration took place, was not full at any stage during Mr Trump’s inauguration.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7547141.html
    He's like the boy that cried wolf. It's much easier to assume that he's lying about something because he probably is.

Survey says!

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 03-01-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Poor little snowflakes. Got all their widdle feewings all hurt.

It makes me wonder which one is MrNazi and which one is moahunter

‘Trumptard snowflake’: Breitbart fans eat each other alive after Bannon calls Don Jr. ‘treasonous’

In another thread, PNWDave asserted that “President Awesome needs to rethink his family choices for advice.”

“You need to rethink your existence and perhaps off yourself,” commenter Haywoodjbl griped.

“You should change your avatar to ‘hand job’ you seem proficient at posting and hand jobbing at the same time…lol,” PNWDave wrote back.

Commenter warmingsmorming called Bannon “the treasonous one here.”

“Kick rocks cuck. Bannon 2020!” F**kTheSystem wrote in response.

“Bannon couldn’t get elected mayor in a one person town. Get serious,” another commenter added.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/tru...73K6M.facebook

You’ll believe him or that he said it?

Very interesting that Trump didn’t just send out a twit. Instead this response is long and contains sentences:

Why Trump Turned on Steve Bannon - The Atlantic

“In a written statement distributed by Press Secretary Sarah Sanders, Trump unloaded:...”

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...bannon/549617/

"The best people..."
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Yeah, the best people.

And Trump knows more about everything than anybody.

Hope he knows how to play the harmonica. They play them a lot in jail.

Is anyone else hearing the old Iraqi information minister when Sarah Sanders is speaking?

You mean Baghdad Bob!

Yes! that guy! Very similar speaking patterns.

Speaking of similar speaking patterns:

https://thinkprogress.org/anonymous-...-da557b23e613/

The piece — written by Richard Johnson, a Page Six gossip columnist — quoted a source discussing the nature of the jury, even though the composition and activities of the grand jury are supposed to be secret.“The grand jury room looks like a Bernie Sanders rally,” my source said. “Maybe they found these jurors in central casting, or at a Black Lives Matter rally in Berkeley [Calif.]”
    Of the 20 jurors, 11 are African-Americans and two were wearing “peace T-shirts,” the witness said. “There was only one white male in the room, and he was a prosecutor.” Mueller was not present.

The quote drips with racism — suggesting that, unless there is a minimum number of white people in a jury room, the process is illegitimate.
    And whoever leaked this tidbit to the New York Post sounds an awful lot like Donald Trump.
    The sourcing on Johnson’s New York Post story from Tuesday leaves open the possibility that the anonymous quote did not necessarily come from someone who has served as a witness in Mueller’s investigation. Johnson writes the information about the grand jury was relayed to him from “one witness.” But he describes his conversation with “a source” without specifying whether his “source” was the “witness.”Trump has a history of being an anonymous source for stories. For years, a spokesman named John Barron would defend Trump in various news outlets. It was later revealed that Barron was actually Trump himself.
    But of course, just because Page Six’s source sounds a lot like Trump does not definitively mean it is Trump. It could also be, for example, someone who has picked up Trump’s speech patterns by spending a lot of time with him. Trump’s adult sons, Eric and Don Jr., fall in this category.
    Comedy gold.

Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223242526 ... LastLast