Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast
Results 3,501 to 3,600 of 3608

Thread: Russian interference in US politics - starts with James Comey Firing

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    "Thick as thieves" is the term, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    "I’m going to surround myself only with the best and most serious people. We want top of the line professionals." - Donald Trump
    Birds of a feather, flock together...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Somebody's in trouble.

Paul Manafort’s lawyers bungle redactions on new legal filing — exposing new secrets

Attorneys for Paul Manafort incorrectly redacted portions of their latest filings, leaving the secrets that had been redacted open to discovery by anyone with a computer mouse.

As noticed by Mike Scarcella of Law.com, the redacted portions of the new filings in Manafort’s case can be accessed by copying and pasting the portions that are blacked out.

One of the redacted portions includes details about Manafort meeting with Russian intelligence operative Konstantin Kilimnik in Madrid.

Another concerns President Donald Trump.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/pau...g-new-secrets/

BOOM!

‘We have the umbilical cord’: Harvard Law professor explains Don Jr. and Jared Kushner are caught on collusion

Tribe has argued before the Supreme Court three dozen times and is the co-author of the 2018 book To End a Presidency: The Power of Impeachment.

“Professor Tribe, how do you view this in the larger context of these multiple investigations?” Melber asked.

“Ari, I view it as quite a bombshell,” Tribe belied.

“The Veselnitskaya part is probably less profound than the Manafort part, but I agree with Glenn [Kirschner] that Veselnitskaya is now clearly exposed as an agent of the Kremlin,” he explained.

“So that when an offer was made at that infamous Trump Tower meeting of emails from Hillary Clinton, the offer that Donald Jr. said he would ‘love’ if it came at the right time in the campaign, we now know that that’s basically an offer of help from the Kremlin and a violation of American Law, which forbids accepting offers or soliciting offers of foreign help,” Tribe explained.

“As far as Manafort is concerned, we now have the umbilical cord that connects all of the Russian-side conspiracies with the American-side conspiracies,” he added.

In addition to Manafort, senior White House advisor Jared Kushner and Donald Trump, Jr. likely have significant legal exposure after participating in the Trump Tower meeting.

“And it means that the president’s son and the head of the president’s campaign and the president’s son-in-law — all of those people were soliciting help, not just from some random Russian, but from the Kremlin,” he concluded.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/umb...ght-collusion/

Faux news discuss that Paul Manafort was in collusion with the Russians and that the lawyers will not dispute the facts in court.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

"It wasn't collusion. He was just giving them information about how to hurt Clinton and they gave him information back. Just a normal exchange of information. NO COLLUSION! MAGA! SAD!" - Donald Trump

"Except for that one. And that one. And those ones...."

Trump Campaign Had More Than 100 Contacts With Russia-Linked Operatives: Report
    These contacts included at least 28 meetings, both in person and over Skype, and involved several prominent members of Trump's inner circle.

“There was no communication between the campaign and any foreign entity during the campaign,” Hope Hicks, then a top Trump aide, said in November 2016.

“Of course not,” Vice President Mike Pence said two months later when asked if “any advisor or anybody in the Trump campaign [had] any contact with the Russians who were trying to meddle in the election.”

President Trump has repeatedly insisted there was “no collusion” between his campaign and Russia, and that special counsel Robert Mueller’s ongoing probe into Russian election meddling is a “witch hunt.”

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...03957405628356

That's a whole lot of lawyers.

White House Hires 17 Lawyers to Help Hide Obstruction of Justice

A beefed-up White House legal team is gearing up to prevent President Trump’s confidential discussions with top advisers from being disclosed to House Democratic investigators….The strategy to strongly assert the president’s executive privilege on both fronts is being developed under newly arrived White House Counsel Pat Cipollone, who has hired 17 lawyers in recent weeks to help in the effort.

https://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dr...xcYPH2I_-iqeM4

C2E SME

I thought this article puts things quite well in a couple paragraphs: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.71f46e3580c1

I surveyed the state of the evidence six months ago in this column. The Moscow Project of the Center for American Progress reports that “we have learned of 97 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia linked operatives, including at least 28 meetings,” and that the Trump campaign tried to cover up all of them.

If this is what it appears to be, it is the biggest scandal in American history — an assault on the very foundations of our democracy in which the president’s own campaign is deeply complicit. There is no longer any question whether collusion occurred. The only questions that remain are: What did the president know? And when did he know it?

Where the Russian money went to.

Documents Show NRA and Republican Candidates Coordinated Ads in Key Senate Races
    “You do this if you think no one is going to investigate,” says a former federal regulator.

The National Rifle Association appears to have illegally coordinated its political advertising with Republican candidates in at least three recent high-profile US Senate races, according to Federal Communications Commission records. In Senate races in Missouri and Montana in 2018 and North Carolina in 2016, the gun group’s advertising blitzes on behalf of GOP candidates Josh Hawley, Matt Rosendale, and Richard Burr were authorized by the very same media consultant that the candidates themselves used—an apparent violation of laws designed to prevent independent groups from synchronizing their efforts with political campaigns.

In December, the Trace and Mother Jones reported on a similar pattern of coordination between the NRA and Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign. In that case, Trump and the NRA hired affiliates of the same company—National Media Research, Planning and Placement—to direct their ad spending. Employees of that firm, operating under different corporate identities, placed ads for both Trump and the NRA on television stations across the country, with the apparent goal of reinforcing each other’s message.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics...e-josh-hawley/

FBI investigated whether Trump was compromised or working with the Russians

FBI probe into Trump and Russia was ‘much bigger’ than Mueller investigation: NYT reporter

“What we’re reporting tonight is the investigation initially … was much bigger than that was looking that question of Trump’s ties to Russia,” the reporter added. “What was he trying to cover up a relationship with the Russians? Was he working … wittingly or unwittingly working on their behalf? And this is the investigation they opened after Comey was fired. The other part was counterintelligence and national security investigation into the president’s ties to Russia.”

Schmidt noted that the type of investigation the FBI opened is similar to those the bureau opens for an agent or other government official they believe has been “compromised” by a foreign power.

The reporter also clarified, as per the Times‘ report, that the investigation was later taken on by Mueller when he was appointed in the days following Comey’s firing.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/fbi...-nyt-reporter/

That means Robert Mueller was given a head start. A large FBI dossier about Trump and Russia.

Benedict Trump...

Hmm, he admits to firing or forcing to resign members of the FBI that were investigating him.

Hmmm...

BTW, to paraphrase Ghostbusters "If someone asks you if you've been working for Russia, you say NO!". Unless, of course, you have some reason not to answer the question.

Trump evades question on whether he worked for Russia

"Wow, just learned in the Failing New York Times that the corrupt former leaders of the FBI, almost all fired or forced to leave the agency for some very bad reasons, opened up an investigation on me, for no reason & with no proof, after I fired Lyin’ James Comey, a total sleaze!"

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/fbi-re...licy-1.4976567

Funny that he just didn't start by saying no.

Here are the 358 words Donald Trump said when asked if he works for Putin. (None of them were ‘no.’)
    Even when it's a softball from a friend, Trump struggles to give a straight answer on the central national security question of the age.

President Donald Trump’s friend and booster Jeanine Pirro chuckled when she asked the question.

“Are you now, or have you ever worked for Russia, Mr. President?” she said.

His answer took a minute and 52 seconds and followed the rambling, diversionary style he’s always favored when speaking off the cuff. He said 358 words, punctuated with Pirro’s affirming laughter.

“No” was not one of them.

Instead, the president ran through some of his greatest hits. Everyone suspicious of him lacks integrity, the economy is good, and the real story here isn’t the mounting circumstantial evidence that the U.S. presidency has been hijacked by its oldest geopolitical foe — it’s that Trump himself has been insulted.

https://thinkprogress.org/here-are-t...-79cb06fd16a6/

Funny that he just didn't start by saying no.

Here are the 358 words Donald Trump said when asked if he works for Putin. (None of them were ‘no.’)
    Even when it's a softball from a friend, Trump struggles to give a straight answer on the central national security question of the age.

President Donald Trump’s friend and booster Jeanine Pirro chuckled when she asked the question.

“Are you now, or have you ever worked for Russia, Mr. President?” she said.

His answer took a minute and 52 seconds and followed the rambling, diversionary style he’s always favored when speaking off the cuff. He said 358 words, punctuated with Pirro’s affirming laughter.

“No” was not one of them.

Instead, the president ran through some of his greatest hits. Everyone suspicious of him lacks integrity, the economy is good, and the real story here isn’t the mounting circumstantial evidence that the U.S. presidency has been hijacked by its oldest geopolitical foe — it’s that Trump himself has been insulted.

https://thinkprogress.org/here-are-t...-79cb06fd16a6/
    Yeah, I’d noticed that. The dramatic non-answer response always increases my suspicions.

The dramatic disgusted reply at being asked some questions is something I always heard on TV dramas as when the wife catches the husband cheating. “How could you even ask me that question,”...blah, blah, blah. Or: “How could you even question my loyalty...” etc. Maybe Trump is experienced at such responses.

3 ways to spot a chronic liar

#1. Manipulation

If you try to talk to your partner directly about his lies and he starts turning tables – that is it. If he is like – ‘why, are you crazy?’ – You should better turn around and run. The thing is that this is the kind of manipulation which puts you to blame for their lies. Think about it!

https://betterme.guru/12775-3-ways-spot-a-chronic-liar/
    Bolding mine

23 Secret Tricks for Spotting a Lie Every Time | Best Life
    https://bestlifeonline.com/15-secret...ie-every-time/
    Last edited by KC; 14-01-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Trump tries to say 'no' but it always comes out as 'nyet'.

What If Mueller Proves Trump Collusion and No One Cares? - Bloomberg

“But given reaction to the Manafort news, the disaster scenario is no longer unthinkable. I’m not even sure it’s unlikely.”

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...idential-power

Rudy Gulianni says, apparently with a straight fact, that neither he nor Trump have ever claimed that there was no collusion at all.

Giuliani says Trump didn’t collude, but people on his campaign might have

Rudy Giuliani, President Donald Trump's personal attorney, said Wednesday night that there could have been "collusion" between Trump's presidential campaign and Russia officials, but if it did happen, Trump didn't do it.

"I never said there was no collusion between the campaign, or people in the campaign," Giuliani said during an interview with CNN anchor Chris Cuomo on his "Cuomo Prime Time" show.

Giuliani added that Trump himself has never said there was no collusion at all, just that he did not assist with Russian efforts to interfere with the election.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...uliani-1106980

Report says that Trump ordered Cohen to lie to Congress and there's documents to back it up.

President Trump Directed His Attorney Michael Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project
    Trump received 10 personal updates from Michael Cohen and encouraged a planned meeting with Vladimir Putin.

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter.

Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen.

Now the two sources have told BuzzFeed News that Cohen also told the special counsel that after the election, the president personally instructed him to lie — by claiming that negotiations ended months earlier than they actually did — in order to obscure Trump’s involvement.

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...?ref=bfnsplash
    And

Impeachment is Trump’s best case scenario: CNN legal analyst Neal Katyal

“This is not just nefarious behavior in terms of deceiving the electorate in 2016, it is a federal crime to order someone to lie in their testimony to Congress,” Katyal said. “That’s what the BuzzFeed article says, and it says the Mueller corroborated that with e-mails and text messages and electronic information. Again, we don’t know that. If it is true, it is a blockbuster, Don. It suggests the president himself committed felonies, not just directed other people to commit felonies but he did it himself.”

Katyal said that this is obviously an impeachable offense, and that it may even come as a relief to Trump.

“I am not sure Donald Trump at this point has anything else. I think he almost wants to be impeached at this point of his behavior with the wall and such,” he said. “He has no domestic agenda left. His domestic agenda is literally Twitter plus the wall. That’s about it. Impeachment would actually allow him to do what he loves, which is be a snowflake and pretend he’s the victim and the Democrats are this and that. But, at the end of the day, the impeachment process, if these facts are corroborated in today’s report, I don’t see how Congress can do anything else but commence an investigation into impeachment.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/imp...t-neal-katyal/
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 18-01-2019 at 04:49 PM.

Ha ha. As if.

Are you honestly, with a straight face, going to trust and this story and believe "anonymous sources" reporting to "Buzzfeed" which is apparently going to take down the President of the USA, and expect anyone else to take you seriously?

I know the alt-lefters will, because they believe 100% in everything published in every news media article ever, but that's about it. People who can think see right through phony propaganda like this.

"Freedom of the press is essential to the preservation of a democracy; but there is a difference between freedom and license.

Editorialists who tell downright lies in order to advance their own agendas do more to discredit the press than all the censors in the world.”

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

Impeachment is Trump’s best case scenario: CNN legal analyst Neal Katyal

"Freedom of the press is essential to the preservation of a democracy; but there is a difference between freedom and license.

Editorialists who tell downright lies in order to advance their own agendas do more to discredit the press than all the censors in the world.”

- Franklin D. Roosevelt

MrOilers is back!

How was your ban???

he was banned?

who knows.

He just disappeared off the forum from his rapid fire Trump support so I guess he was banned or doing hard time... LOL

C2E SME

I see he's now parroting Trump's whole "Presidential harassment" thing. At least he's consistent!

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...ssment/579364/

Tell me MrOilers, now that Giuliani has essentially admitted that the Trump campaign DID collude with Russia, does that change your opinion on whether there was collusion?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/giulia...sion-1.4983035

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz
    Report says that Trump ordered Comey to lie to Congress and there's documents to back it up.

You meant Cohen. You should edit your post, as that is a totally different ball of wax.

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers View Post
    People who can think see right through phony propaganda like this.
    That's rich coming from the guy all swallowed up by the orange koolaid propaganda.

This forum's left-wing mob sure doesn't like anyone attacking their mainstream liberal propaganda outlets.

"left wing mob" Haven't heard that since you were banned... LOL

Funny how the Republicans ignore this piece of paper

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel Petrin View Post
    Tell me MrOilers, now that Giuliani has essentially admitted that the Trump campaign DID collude with Russia, does that change your opinion on whether there was collusion?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/giulia...sion-1.4983035

"Essentially" admitted? There you go, playing SEMANTICS instead of actually paying attention to the message. he was saying how there was no collusion, and the CNN guy it trying to play "gotcha!".

There is still no reason to believe there was any Russian collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin or Putin.

"Russia" is the excuse that Democrats are using because they still cannot come to terms that Donald Trump ran a better campaign than Hillary Clinton. hell, even John Podeta's emails (published on Wikileaks) say straight up that Hillary's campaign were going to use Trump's 'bromance" with Putin to try and attack and discredit him with. It's just more of that.

Try turning off the TV news and thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    The only time I've ever been banned was back in 2008 because I called Jacques Parizeau an ***hole

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by MrOilers
    There is still no reason to believe there was any Russian collusion between the Trump campaign and the Kremlin or Putin.
    Oh really? I'll repost this link again: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.71f46e3580c1

I surveyed the state of the evidence six months ago in this column. The Moscow Project of the Center for American Progress reports that “we have learned of 97 contacts between Trump’s team and Russia linked operatives, including at least 28 meetings,” and that the Trump campaign tried to cover up all of them.

If this is what it appears to be, it is the biggest scandal in American history — an assault on the very foundations of our democracy in which the president’s own campaign is deeply complicit. There is no longer any question whether collusion occurred. The only questions that remain are: What did the president know? And when did he know it?
    And that's what is known publicly. Keep in mind, the special counsel has a bunch of info that has not been released publicly, but if you missed it Manafort's own laywers accidentally revealed that the counsel has documentary evidence of Manafort colluding with a Russian intelligence agent: https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/polit...ury/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/15/polit...ort/index.html

Sorry man, you're living in the past. Collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia has been shown repeatedly. Cohen colluded. Flynn colluded. Manafort colluded. We're just waiting, at this point, for evidence that Kushner, Trump's kids, and Trump himself did as well.

That's what you got? An opinion piece by the Washington Post and some comments from a mobbed-up shyster ex-lawyer who is saying anything to reduce his upcoming prison sentence? Manafort, a career white-collar criminal indicted on charges for when he worked for the Podesta Group back in 2013? And Flynn, who was incriminated by the investigative process itself, and not for anything he did wrong before that?

Also, those CNN pieces are publishing select bits of "convenient" info leaked from the (dirty cop) Mueller's investigation to make it look more scandalous than it is. Note how nothing from the investigation is leaked that contradicts the Trump-Russia story (even though contradictions and previous retractions exist everywhere?)

No, sorry. Need better evidence. Need good evidence. Need real evidence, not political hit jobs aided by liberal advocacy media outlets.
    Last edited by MrOilers; 18-01-2019 at 12:36 PM.

The only time I've ever been banned was back in 2008 because I called Jacques Parizeau an ***hole
    Well today, Donald Trump is Jacques Parizeau's equal...

yet you support him. Why the change?

The Democrats right now are pretty much writing the playbook on how to manufacture scandals and harass future presidents.

Woe to the next Democrat president that has to deal with what Trump and his company has had to deal with over the last 2 years with this "Russian collusion" accusation business.

Yeah, right....

Remember the Birther accusations that Trump promoted with ZERO evidence and the whole Republican 'Death Panels' scare mongering?

C2E Continued Contributor

BuzzFeed: Sources say Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about proposed Moscow project

The law enforcement officials told BuzzFeed that Trump directed Cohen to claim negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow ended months earlier than they actually did. The law enforcement sources told BuzzFeed that Cohen confirmed to special counsel Robert Mueller's team that Trump issued the order to lie to Congress.
    CNN has not corroborated the BuzzFeed report.
    Mueller's office learned Trump directed Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization, internal company emails, text messages and other documents, Buzzfeed reports.
    This is a felony, and it's not only the word of Cohen, it is corroborated by multiple documents.

Stop believing everything you read.

Especially when it says "Buzzfeed" or "sources say"

From the guy who believes a Snake Oil Salesman named Trump who lies 10 times a day...

The Democrats right now are pretty much writing the playbook on how to manufacture scandals and harass future presidents.

Woe to the next Democrat president that has to deal with what Trump and his company has had to deal with over the last 2 years with this "Russian collusion" accusation business.
    You seem to have forgotten the Bill Clinton impeachment years and the stop anything Obama does years. Why you see one side in this battle as any better than the other is beyond me. You also forget how Trump himself campaigned - and won! Expect the worst because Trump just showed everyone a new way (and worse) way to campaign and win.
    Last edited by KC; 18-01-2019 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Fix typos

^^^You can choose to dismiss this because the source makes it easy to handwave away, or you can read this article showing how there investigative reporting lines up with the current known court filings and documents that corroborate what they have stated. I think I know what choice you'll make though.

After all, Mueller is a sleeper democrat who is willing to lie in court risking his career and jail time to try and frame Trump right?

^ and William Barr is part of the Mueller 'Witch Hunt'

Just how many friends does Trump have left???

From the guy who believes a Snake Oil Salesman named Trump who lies 10 times a day...
    only 10? I'm pretty sure there's at least 10 by the time he's done his morning constitutional with a side of twitter ranting.

Quote Originally Posted by seamusmcduffs View Post
    ^^^You can choose to dismiss this because the source makes it easy to handwave away, or you can read this article showing how there investigative reporting lines up with the current known court filings and documents that corroborate what they have stated. I think I know what choice you'll make though.

After all, Mueller is a sleeper democrat who is willing to lie in court risking his career and jail time to try and frame Trump right?
    A bit more:

It Sure Sounds Like Don Jr. Lied Under Oath About Trump Tower Moscow! | Vanity Fair

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2019...p-tower-moscow

I'd rather C2E than work!

Stop believing everything you read.

Especially when it says "Buzzfeed" or "sources say"
    Also, keep in mind nothing contained in the Steele dossier has been proven wrong yet...
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz
    Report says that Trump ordered Comey to lie to Congress and there's documents to back it up.

You meant Cohen. You should edit your post, as that is a totally different ball of wax.
    Fixed. Thanks

Mueller's office disputes BuzzFeed report that Cohen lied to Congress at Trump's behest

BuzzFeed stands by story deemed 'not accurate' by special counsel's spokesperson
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/muelle...ress-1.4985084

Being discussed at length on all media. The BuzzFeed story could not be confirmed at the time so every news agency and politician stated that "if true" it was a very important story. The Mueller statement states that the story is not accurate which may mean that some details are not totally true but it is not clear what they are referring to. BuzzFeed are sticking with their sources and are inquiring with the Mueller team. Originally BF contacted the Mueller team before publishing and they did not comment. In the next few days we should find out if BF can produce more info.

Mueller's office disputes BuzzFeed report that Cohen lied to Congress at Trump's behest

BuzzFeed stands by story deemed 'not accurate' by special counsel's spokesperson
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/muelle...ress-1.4985084
    Looking for full text of statements made.

Mueller's office disputes Buzzfeed story on Michael Cohen | Article [AMP] | Reuters

“ “BuzzFeed’s description of specific statements to the Special Counsel’s Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen’s Congressional testimony are not accurate,” Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller office, said in the statement. “

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKCN1PD01J
    Buzzfeeds responses may not be completely or fully quoted here:

Mueller's office disputes BuzzFeed report that Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress - CNNPolitics

“ In response, BuzzFeed said in its own statement,"We are continuing to report and determine what the special counsel is disputing. We remain confident in the accuracy of our report."

Ben Smith, the editor-in-chief at Buzzfeed, echoed similar sentiments.

"We stand by our reporting and the sources who informed it, and we urge the Special Counsel to make clear what he's disputing," he tweeted. “

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/18/polit...eed/index.html
    Last edited by KC; 18-01-2019 at 11:32 PM.

Nuance is what characterized the Mueller response. Notice that it's called inaccurate instead of false.

I can see it being something like responding to a news story where a car is called blue but it's actually black. The detail may be slightly off but the core of the story is correct. We shall see when Mueller releases his report or when Cohen testifies before congress.

Mueller’s own filings show ‘the core of BuzzFeed’s story is correct’: Former FBI official to MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow

“You want to keep some of your powder dry. Laying the predicate, as you said earlier, is precisely I think what the Mueller team is doing here,” he said. “You have them plead to a set of operative facts describing what they did. Because some day down the road, you’re going to use them to help you get others who did the same thing. That’s what I think happened here. But you don’t want to sort of lay all your cards on the table as a prosecutor, because you’re still investigating that thing that conduct, the others who were involved in it.”

By pushing back on BuzzFeed in a nuanced way, Rosenberg said, Mueller seems actually showed that “the core” of the report appears to be correct. In fact, he said, Mueller’s own filings say much the same thing.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/mue...rachel-maddow/
    Last edited by kkozoriz; 18-01-2019 at 11:48 PM.

This is similar to the Watergate story when Carl Bernstein and Bob Woodward wrote that the 5 Watergate burglars were paid from a Republican slush fund as determined by a Grand Jury.

It was not revealed by the Grand Jury but the rest of the story was true. It lead to the impeachment of Richard Nixon.

It could be that Cohen was not told to lie to Congress but told to the FBI.

It is strange that the Mueller team made a statement about a single media inaccuracy. Why do they keep quiet when Trump and his peopoutright lie so very often?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 19-01-2019 at 07:35 AM.

And in this case, it may not have been Trump directly telling Cohen to lie. He may have used someone else to pass along the message. Someone like, Oh I don't know, Rudy Guilliani...

President admits Trump Tower Moscow deal was ‘going from the day I announced to the day I won’: report

President Donald Trump told his lawyer Rudy Giuliani that he “may” have spoken to Michael Cohen before his Congressional testimony but doesn’t recall what was said. Phone logs or records could probably jog the president’s memory, but it doesn’t seem the White House has yet consulted those.

Cohen lied to Congress about whether there was a Trump Tower, Moscow deal. Giuliani denied that there was a deal. When he acknowledged there were talks about it, Giuliani said that there was never a signed letter of intent or anything official. When the signed letter of intent was revealed, Giuliani pivoted to change Trump’s story again.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/pre...ay-won-report/

Trump, the very stable genius, can't remember what he had for lunch and if you saw him earlier in the day having a burger for lunch, Trump would deny that he every had a burger in his life. When the video comes out, he will say it is fake news, and state that if he ate a burger, he did not swallow any of it and demand that the FBI investigate the Clinton about his missing fries...

Giuliani says ‘tapes’ prove Trump’s innocence, then says there are no tapes

“Even If He Did Do It, It Wouldn’t Be a Crime”: Rudy Giuliani on President Trump
    https://www.newyorker.com/news/the-n...oscow-buzzfeed

In an interview with the New Yorker, Giuliani was asked why he concluded the report was false.

“Because I have been through all the tapes, I have been through all the texts, I have been through all the emails, and I knew none existed,” he said.

“And then, basically, when the special counsel said that, just in case there are any others I might not know about, they probably went through others and found the same thing.”

The mag’s Isaac Chotiner asked him what tapes he just said he had listened to.

“I shouldn’t have said tapes,” Giuliani said, backtracking. “They alleged there were texts and emails that corroborated that Cohen was saying the president told him to lie. There were no texts, there were no emails, and the president never told him to lie.”

Giuliani also distanced himself from comments he made Sunday in which he claimed Trump and his aides had been involved in discussions about the Moscow project well into the 2016 campaign — even possibly as late as October or November of that year.

Cohen, who pleaded guilty in November, had previously claimed such discussions ended in January 2016, but in his admission of guilt, he called the previous statement a lie and said the discussions went through June 2016.
    Giuliani has now transcended from being Trump's lawyer with attorney-client privileges to now being a witness in the Mueller investigation. Moreover, if his statements conflict with Trump's written responses to the Mueller Investigation questions, then this just increases the length of the investigation as Giuliani exposes more evidence and versions of the story.

Time to buy more popcorn.

Time for Rudy to head back onto TV to move the goalposts once again.

Trump’s Lawyer Said There Were “No Plans” For Trump Tower Moscow. Here They Are.
    Rudy Giuliani claims the Moscow tower was barely more than a notion. “There were no drafts. Nothing in the file.” Documents obtained by BuzzFeed News tell a different story.

The president and his representatives have dismissed the project as little more than a notion — a rough plan led by Trump’s then-lawyer, Michael Cohen, and his associate Felix Sater, of which Trump and his family said they were only loosely aware as the election campaign gathered pace.

On Monday, his lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, said “the proposal was in the earliest stage,” and he went on to tell the New Yorker that “no plans were ever made. There were no drafts. Nothing in the file.”

However, hundreds of pages of business documents, emails, text messages, and architectural plans, obtained by BuzzFeed News over a year of reporting, tell a very different story. Trump Tower Moscow was a richly imagined vision of upscale splendor on the banks of the Moscow River.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...ldqpfp#4ldqpfp

The 10 Worst, Most Embarrassing U.S. Media Failures on the Trump-Russia Story

Note that all of these “errors” go only in one direction: namely, exaggerating the grave threat posed by Moscow and the Trump circle’s connection to it. It’s inevitable that media outlets will make mistakes on complex stories. If that’s being done in good faith, one would expect the errors would be roughly 50/50 in terms of the agenda served by the false stories. That is most definitely not the case here. Just as was true in 2002 and 2003, when the media clearly wanted to exaggerate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein and thus all of its “errors” went in that direction, virtually all of its major “errors” in this story are devoted to the same agenda and script:

(In reverse order)

10. RT Hacked Into and Took Over C-SPAN (Fortune)

9. Russian Hackers Invaded the U.S. Electricity Grid to Deny Vermonters Heat During the Winter (WashPost)

8. A New, Deranged, Anonymous Group Declares Mainstream Political Sites on the Left and Right to be Russian Propaganda Outlets and WashPost Touts its Report to Claim Massive Kremlin Infiltration of the Internet (WashPost)

7. Trump Aide Anthony Scaramucci is Involved in a Russian Hedge Fund Under Senate Investigation (CNN)

6. Russia Attacked U.S. “Diplomats” (i.e. Spies) at the Cuban Embassy Using a Super-Sophisticated Sonic Microwave Weapon (NBC/MSNBC/CIA)

5. Trump Created a Secret Internet Server to Covertly Communicate with a Russian Bank (Slate)

4. Paul Manafort Visited Julian Assange Three Times in the Ecuadorian Embassy and Nobody Noticed (Guardian/Luke Harding)

3. CNN Explicitly Lied About Lanny Davis Being Its Source – For a Story Whose Substance Was Also False: Cohen Would Testify that Trump Knew in Advance About the Trump Tower Meeting (CNN)

2. Robert Mueller Possesses Internal Emails and Witness Interviews Proving Trump Directed Cohen to Lie to Congress (BuzzFeed)

1. Donald Trump Jr. Was Offered Advanced Access to the WikiLeaks Email Archive (CNN/MSNBC)

https://theintercept.com/2019/01/20/...prussia-story/

Meanwhile, Trump is spouting 15 lies per day

Trump told more than 8,000 falsehoods in 2 years, fact checker says
    The most common subject areas where Mr Trump either said lies or made false statements are regarding his tax cuts, the US trade deficit, and special counsel Robert Mueller’s investigation into potential Russian election interference
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8740721.html

7. Trump Aide Anthony Scaramucci is Involved in a Russian Hedge Fund Under Senate Investigation (CNN)
    For example, number 7

CNN took responsibility for the error and took specific actions to correct it.

After facing public backlash from Scaramucci and others, CNN retracted it the next day, replaced the story with an editor's note saying it did not meet editorial standards, and apologized to Scaramucci. Three days later, the outlet asked for the resignations of the three journalists who were primarily responsible for reporting and editing the piece.
    Of the 8,000 lies, so how many people in the White House did Trump take action on for lying and how often did Trump apologise for lying?

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Note that all of these “errors” go only in one direction: namely, exaggerating the grave threat posed by Moscow and the Trump circle’s connection to it. It’s inevitable that media outlets will make mistakes on complex stories. If that’s being done in good faith, one would expect the errors would be roughly 50/50 in terms of the agenda served by the false stories. That is most definitely not the case here. Just as was true in 2002 and 2003, when the media clearly wanted to exaggerate the threat posed by Saddam Hussein and thus all of its “errors” went in that direction, virtually all of its major “errors” in this story are devoted to the same agenda and script:

(In reverse order)

9. Russian Hackers Invaded the U.S. Electricity Grid to Deny Vermonters Heat During the Winter (WashPost)

8. A New, Deranged, Anonymous Group Declares Mainstream Political Sites on the Left and Right to be Russian Propaganda Outlets and WashPost Touts its Report to Claim Massive Kremlin Infiltration of the Internet (WashPost)

6. Russia Attacked U.S. “Diplomats” (i.e. Spies) at the Cuban Embassy Using a Super-Sophisticated Sonic Microwave Weapon (NBC/MSNBC/CIA)

5. Trump Created a Secret Internet Server to Covertly Communicate with a Russian Bank (Slate)

4. Paul Manafort Visited Julian Assange Three Times in the Ecuadorian Embassy and Nobody Noticed (Guardian/Luke Harding)

3. CNN Explicitly Lied About Lanny Davis Being Its Source – For a Story Whose Substance Was Also False: Cohen Would Testify that Trump Knew in Advance About the Trump Tower Meeting (CNN)

2. Robert Mueller Possesses Internal Emails and Witness Interviews Proving Trump Directed Cohen to Lie to Congress (BuzzFeed)

1. Donald Trump Jr. Was Offered Advanced Access to the WikiLeaks Email Archive (CNN/MSNBC)

re: #6, it's funny to see right-wingers suddenly so skeptical about anti-Russia news stories, and eager to denounce US dilplomats as spies.

Funny how the Trump supporters lapping up the Orange Kool-Aide that gushes out of Rudy Giuliani every time he resets the goal posts and state things like, if the President did collude, collusion is not a crime...

Yes Mr. President, it is...
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 23-01-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post

(In reverse order)

re: #6, it's funny to see right-wingers suddenly so skeptical about anti-Russia news stories, and eager to denounce US dilplomats as spies.

FYI - The author of this article is not a "right-winger".

Does not mean she is accurate or thorough regardless of her political bias.

Funny how you grab this "main stream media" article as gospel but ignore everything else.

Looks like you are trying hard to confirm your bias.

FYI - the author of the article is a man

You're having a tough time today, trying to be the morality police AND keep up with discussions. Please try harder to keep up.

You're having a tough time today, trying to be the morality police AND keep up with discussions. Please try harder to keep up.
    You are a fool

Sharyl Attkisson looks like a woman to me...

https://sharylattkisson.com/2019/01/...finitive-list/
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 23-01-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Nope, Glenn Greenwald is the author of the article I posted you dummy.

And he is most definitely a man (and liberal).

You're having a hard time today.

You are a fool

Sharyl Attkisson looks like a woman to me...

Are we into a sex vs gender debate now? Looks can be deceiving.

Nope, Glenn Greenwald is the author of the article I posted you dummy.

And he is most definitely a man (and liberal).

You're having a hard time today.
    My mistake and I appologise. I was referring to this

The sourced article was penned by

68 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List
    by sattkisson on January 22, 2019 in News 172 Comments

sattkisson is Sharyl Attkisson

Sorry, my mistake.

See, some people can make a mistake and apologise.

Can you tell me when Trump will apologise for his lies?

BTW, you have had previous errors and supported lies and instead of apologising, you go into denial mode or go dark and hope we forget.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 23-01-2019 at 02:18 PM.

Michael Cohen delays testimony to Congress, says Donald Trump threatening his family
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4879558/m...-trump-threat/
    U.S. President Donald Trump’s former attorney Michael Cohen is postponing his scheduled Feb. 7 testimony to Congress due to threats against his family from Trump, his adviser said on Wednesday.

Attorney Lanny Davis, who has been advising Cohen on his media strategy, said in a statement that Cohen had decided to postpone his appearance to a later date due to “ongoing threats against his family from Trump” and Trump’s lawyer Rudy Giuliani, as well as his ongoing cooperation with investigators.

Interesting article about Glenn Greenwald's transformation into a darling of the #MAGA/Fox News crowd:

All this has led to one of the less-anticipated developments of the Donald Trump presidency: Glenn Greenwald, Fox News darling. For his sins, Greenwald has been embraced by opportunistic #MAGA partisans seeking to discredit the Trump-Russia story. When alt-right ringleader Mike Cernovich sat for a 60 Minutes interview last year, he praised only one journalist: Greenwald. “My opinion of Glenn ten or 15 years ago was entirely negative,” says Fox News’ Tucker Carlson, who now heralds him as one of the “clearest thinkers” in media.
    http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2018/...tm=top&gtm=top

C2E SME

Yeah, Greenwald long ago went off the deep end and somehow turned in to a mouthpiece for anything and everything anti-West in general. Which is totally bizarre, given his sexual orientation. Easy for him to say from the comfort of Brazil, I guess. He should try living "out" in Russia or China. His transformation long predates Trump's rise, as well.

This forum really demonstrates how much the radical left just keeps pushing the Russian collusion conspiracy when moderate liberals like Glen Greenwald are now considered to be a "darling" of conservatism.

C2E SME

Where did I say that? I said that he's a "mouthpiece for anything and everything anti-West in general". Nowhere did I mentioned left/right or liberal/conservative.

Calm your tits. I wasn't talking about you.

Radical left? You sound just like Trump who is using that terem a dozen time a minute.

According to you, anyone who does not goose step with Trump is on the radical left.

Mccarthyism is strong with you...

sexist comment

^^^^^Greenwald has been called many things, moderate liberal not likely one of them.

Glenn Greenwald - like Julian Assange and Edward Snowden - instead illustrates an odd convergence between the far left and the far right in their affinity for Putin's Russia. In the case of the far left this is motivated by an anti-West political animus. In the case of the far right, the motivation has more to do with seeing Putin as a defender of traditional moral values.

C2E SME

So "the radical left" on "this forum" consists of a grand total of one poster (East McMcauley) who generally posts well thought out and sourced information? That's a real strong argument you make there...

This forum really demonstrates how much the radical left just keeps pushing the Russian collusion conspiracy when moderate liberals like Glen Greenwald are now considered to be a "darling" of conservatism.
    Here are 18 reasons Trump could be a Russian asset - The Washington Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...b6c_story.html

They see that the effect of the shutdown is much, much greater to the country than the border "crisis" is. You'll note that they say "restore funding" and not "fund the wall"

John Kelly joins all former Homeland Security Secretaries in demanding end to Trump’s shutdown

Former White House Chief of Staff John Kelly joined every single former Secretary of Homeland Security in writing a letter to President Donald Trump to urge re-opening of the department.

“We call on our elected leaders to restore the funding necessary to ensure our homeland remains safe and that the department’s critical national security functions continue without compromise.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/joh...umps-shutdown/

So "the radical left" on "this forum" consists of a grand total of one poster (East McMcauley) who generally posts well thought out and sourced information? That's a real strong argument you make there...

Calm your tits some more. I wasn't talking about him.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Does the Washinton Post ever report news, or is it just a blog?

It seems like it's just a blog. Just look at the so-called headlines on their main site - it's like 2/3 opinion pieces.

Michael Cohen delays giving testimony to Congress
    Donald Trump’s former longtime lawyer claims his family was threatened

Michael Cohen, the former lawyer for Donald Trump, has delayed giving testimony to Congress, citing “ongoing threats” from the president and Rudy Giuliani, Mr Trump’s lawyer, against his family.

Mr Cohen had been scheduled to appear before the US House of Representatives oversight committee on February 7. In a statement on Wednesday, Lanny Davis, an attorney for Mr Cohen, said that the appearance would be postponed to an unspecified later date.

“This is a time where Mr Cohen had to put his family and their safety first,” Mr Davis said.

https://www.ft.com/content/f1667b6e-...6-46fc3ad87c65

BREAKING NEWS
    Roger Stone, close confidant of the President, arrested by (unpaid) FBI agents in early morning raid.

Roger Stone arrested following Mueller indictment
    The longtime Trump associate faces allegations he lied to and obstructed the House Intelligence Committee's Russia investigation.
    https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ctment-1125445
    Roger Stone, a longtime aide and confidant of President Donald Trump, was arrested Friday by the FBI after being indicted for allegations he lied to and obstructed the House Intelligence Committee's investigation of Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The seven-count indictment suggests Stone misled lawmakers on the committee about his efforts to communicate with Wikileaks and his contacts with the Trump campaign. It also alleges he attempted to intimidate another witness: radio host Randy Credico, who was in contact with Wikileaks head Julian Assange in 2016.

Special counsel Robert Mueller's office said Stone was arrested Friday morning and will make an appearance at 11 a.m. at the federal courthouse in Fort Lauderdale. A Washington D.C. grand jury approved the indictment Thursday.

Stone, a GOP operative and prominent Trump cheerleader whose relationship with the president spans nearly 40 years, was accused of making false statements and tampering with a witness.
    All the President's Men 2.0

Mueller's noose tightens another notch...
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 25-01-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Roger Stone

Roger showing his Nixon tattoo to Alex Jones of InfoWars

early years

"Roger's a good guy," Trump said. "He's been so loyal and so wonderful."

The Republican (Party of Family Values) self acclaimed "dirty trickster"

It seems like it's just a blog. Just look at the so-called headlines on their main site - it's like 2/3 opinion pieces.
    Fact checked, aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnd...false. Even as hyperbole, it's not even remotely true.

Quote Originally Posted by Whattagame View Post

Fact checked, aaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnnd...false. Even as hyperbole, it's not even remotely true.
    Go back in time and newspapers were never just reporting news. They had reports, articles, opinions, letters, classified ads, advertising, quasi-articles to support advertisers, photos, drawings, etc. (Not long ago I posted on c2e an editorial quote from an 1800s Edmonton newspaper.). Not much has changed. However, today I find it much harder to tell what is opinion or editorial writing from just news reporting since they are so intermingled in the media.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

They are in a new format world. No longer is it page one, page two... print editions.

Study Fox, Breitbart, etc. It’s a fascinating new world of manipulation of product display (think grocery stores) to entice eyes, clicks, advertisers.

Indicting Roger Stone, Mueller Shows Link Between Trump Campaign and WikiLeaks

The special counsel, Robert S. Mueller III, revealed on Friday the most direct link yet between the Trump campaign’s and WikiLeaks’ parallel efforts to use Democratic Party material stolen by Russians to damage the election campaign of Hillary R. Clinton.In an indictment unsealed Friday, the special counsel disclosed evidence that a top campaign official in 2016 dispatched Roger J. Stone, a longtime adviser to President Trump, to get information from WikiLeaks about the thousands of hacked Democratic emails. The effort began well after it was widely reported that Russian intelligence operatives were behind the theft, which was part of Moscow’s broad campaign to sabotage the 2016 president election.
    Mr. Stone was charged
    with seven counts
    , including obstruction of an official proceeding, making false statements and witness tampering. Mr. Mueller did not say that Mr. Stone’s interactions with WikiLeaks were illegal, nor that the Trump campaign engaged in a criminal conspiracy with the organization.
    Of course, Trump didn't do anything wrong, he just happened to have a bunch of people who work for him commit crimes.

His latest tweet I pretty funny. All his catchphases all in one.

Greatest Witch Hunt in the History of our Country! NO COLLUSION! Border Coyotes, Drug Dealers and Human Traffickers are treated better. Who alerted CNN to be there?

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders briefly spoke to reporters in Washington, D.C. about Roger Stone, saying his indictment on charges related to the Russia investigation had “nothing to do with” President Donald Trump

Right Sarah, Trump never had anything to do with him, ever...

He was just Trump's shadow for the past 40 years...

Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 26-01-2019 at 06:10 AM.

Don't think that the charges laid against Stone is all that Mueller has in his quiver. There's lots more to come.

The single most important sentence in the Roger Stone indictment

Here's the sentence: "After the July 22, 2016 release of stolen DNC emails by Organization 1, a senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about any additional releases and what other damaging information Organization 1 had regarding the Clinton Campaign."

There's a lot to unpack here, but the key phrase is this -- "a senior Trump Campaign official was directed to contact STONE about any additional releases."
    The question isn't which senior Trump official contacted Stone, but who directed this person to do so. The only logical possibilities could fit in a phone booth. It's conceivable that the only people senior officials would take that kind of direction from would be either Trump or Paul Manafort, his campaign chairman at the time.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/01/25/opini...lon/index.html

I'd rather C2E than work!

I'm still not hearing collusion, he's had enough time..and all that money!!l

He's had enough time? He's still arresting people and, according to the filings, there's more to come. That's how these investigations go.

As far as money, he's actually running a profit with the seizures of property, particularly with Manafort.

There were 8 Republican investigation on Benghazi. Zero results.

Investigations take time and Mueller team has made many conviction and are indicting more each week. Big fish will fry.

Russia is an “enemy nation”?

So Britain, France, Canada etc would be ok?

Satire from The Borowitz Report
    Study: Most Innocent People Need to Hire Thirty-Five Lawyers at Some Point

According to new research, this is the “bare minimum” number of lawyers that an innocent person should have on retainer in the event that he or she becomes the subject of an entirely unjustified criminal investigation.

By Andy Borowitz

“now pretend u don’t know me“ - see below

How did Mueller get Roger Stone's WhatsApp chats? — Quartz

“At the beginning of October, Stone texted a radio host referred to in the indictment as “Person 2” and described as an intermediary between Stone and the “head of Organization 1,” who is not identified in the indictment but is described as being located “at all times in the Ecuadorian Embassy in London,” where WikiLeaks chief Julian Assange was living at the time. Stone said to expect “big news Wednesday . . . now pretend u don’t know me . . . Hillary’s campaign will die this week.”

...”

https://qz.com/1534250/how-mueller-c...sapp-messages/

From Russia with Love

NRA was hosted by Russian operatives in Moscow during officially sanctioned trip in 2015, before the US election.

Some people look familiar...

NRA says 2015 Moscow trip wasn’t 'official.' Emails, photos reveal gun group's role
    The NRA has attempted to distance itself from the controversial trip.
    https://abcnews.go.com/beta-story-co...ry?id=60715741
    The National Rifle Association made its first public attempt this week to distance itself from any formal involvement in a now infamous trip to Moscow undertaken by a group of its high-ranking members, but internal NRA emails and photos posted on social media reviewed by ABC News appear to show the organization was significantly involved in planning it.

Sen. Ron Wyden, an Oregon Democrat who has launched an investigation of the NRA and written a series of letters seeking “information and documentation” about the trip, disputed the NRA’s public attempt to distance itself from the trip.

“It’s not credible for the NRA to claim that they played no official role in the 2015 Moscow trip,” Sen. Wyden told ABC News on Tuesday.

The December 2015 trip, which involved meetings with senior Kremlin officials, has attracted increased scrutiny in the wake of the arrest and guilty plea of gun rights activist and alleged Russian agent Maria Butina, who was involved in planning the trip. After months of silence on the matter, the NRA’s outside counsel William Brewer told The New York Times that NRA CEO Wayne LaPierre “was opposed to the trip” and even prohibited staff members from joining the delegation out of concern that it would be perceived as officially sanctioned.

Emails sent by NRA officials before the trip, as well as photos taken during the visit, offer greater detail about the organization’s role in arranging the excursion.

In one email, an NRA employee appears to help Butina make travel arrangements for a delegation that included former NRA president David Keene, future NRA president Pete Brownell, NRA fundraiser Joe Gregory, NRA benefactor Dr. Arnold Goldschlager and his daughter Hilary, Outdoor Channel CEO Jim Liberatore, and prominent NRA advocate and Trump campaign surrogate David Clarke, then the sheriff of Milwaukee County.

Other emails suggest that the NRA would pay for travel expenses for two delegation members and provide formal NRA “gifts” for the delegation to present to their Russian hosts.

And if the trip wasn’t “official,” Butina doesn’t appear to have been told. “I’ll meet you at the airport,” she wrote to several members of the delegation on Dec. 3, 2015. “For your convenience, in our hands will be a big red sign saying Welcome NRA.”

National Rifle Association A Russian Front? Maria Butina Pleads Guilty, Agrees To Cooperate With U.S.
    https://www.veteranstoday.com/2018/1...rate-with-u-s/

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast